Why don't the conspiracy websites ever cover the Koch Brothers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Critical Thinker

Senior Member.
My various news feeds regularly have a story about the Koch brothers and how they conspire to hide their political contributions, fund climate change denial studies, front groups that they fund anonymously... I thought it odd that I had not seen any such stories covered on the various conspiracy profiteering websites, so I did a google search of the terms "koch brothers" conspiracy and none of the major players (Infowars, Prisonplanet, NaturalNews, Breitbart....) have a single story covering these actual conspiracies to obfuscate, misinform, and buy politicians, although I had seen stories where they defend the Koch brothers. Why is that? WHY WHY WHY???

Why would the conspiracy sites care about the left vs. right antics? They're concerned with the "big picture." The illuminati and free masons manipulating everything through the New World Order.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a little odd to read Infowars debunking quite plausible conspiracy theories.

http://www.infowars.com/nut-job-oba...ov-disaster-is-part-of-right-wing-conspiracy/

Obama supporters are simply refusing to believe that Obamacare could be anything short of world beating, with many blaming the glitch ridden rollout of Healthcare.gov on a nefarious right wing conspiracy to sabotage the Affordable Care Act.

Many Obama supporters have taken to social media to float the notion that the Koch brothers, Charles G. and David H. Koch, the billionaire industrialists, are funding an army of techies and hackers to somehow infiltrate and take down the Healthcare.gov website.
Of course, there is no actual evidence, and the notion is based purely on the fact that Koch brothers-funded groups including Americans for Prosperity, Pacific Research Institute, and Center to Protect Patient Rights, have steadfastly opposed Obamacare, favoring a free-market approach.
Content from External Source

I think Koch brothers are seen to be part of the libertarian movement, the founded the Cato institute.
As most of the market of conspiracy theory consumers self-identify as libertarians, they wouldn't feel the need to scrutinise or criticise them.

My various news feeds regularly have a story about the Koch brothers and how they conspire to hide their political contributions, fund climate change denial studies, front groups that they fund anonymously... I thought it odd that I had not seen any such stories covered on the various conspiracy profiteering websites, so I did a google search of the terms "koch brothers" conspiracy and none of the major players (Infowars, Prisonplanet, NaturalNews, Breitbart....) have a single story covering these actual conspiracies to obfuscate, misinform, and buy politicians, although I had seen stories where they defend the Koch brothers. Why is that? WHY WHY WHY???
What are your News feeds ? Iv never heard of them until a bunch of leftist said the tea party was being funded by them I never got a check . George Soros now there is someone to be worried about

What are your News feeds ? Iv never heard of them until a bunch of leftist said the tea party was being funded by them I never got a check . George Soros now there is someone to be worried about

You may want to actually question how balanced the coverage is on your news feeds if you had not heard of the Koch Brothers activities until you happened upon something "a bunch of leftist said".

When it comes to political donations, the Koch Brothers trump all

OpenSecrets determined that the Kochs are outpacing all other groups in giving to so-called “dark money” groups that aren’t required to disclose their donors.

In fact, at least one in every four dark-money dollars had links to the Kochs who control the Wichita-based Koch Industries, the country’s second-largest privately own company.

OpenSecrets’ bottom line:

“With most of the annual tax filings for nondisclosing nonprofits now in, it's clear that no other conservative or liberal dark money network matched, in combined size and complexity, the constellation of Koch-linked groups that churned hundreds of millions of dollars into elections around the country last year.”

You may want to actually question how balanced the coverage is on your news feeds if you had not heard of the Koch Brothers activities until you happened upon something "a bunch of leftist said".

When it comes to political donations, the Koch Brothers trump all

OpenSecrets determined that the Kochs are outpacing all other groups in giving to so-called “dark money” groups that aren’t required to disclose their donors.

In fact, at least one in every four dark-money dollars had links to the Kochs who control the Wichita-based Koch Industries, the country’s second-largest privately own company.

OpenSecrets’ bottom line:

“With most of the annual tax filings for nondisclosing nonprofits now in, it's clear that no other conservative or liberal dark money network matched, in combined size and complexity, the constellation of Koch-linked groups that churned hundreds of millions of dollars into elections around the country last year.”

Sure and Soros funds the Center for American Progress the Tides foundation which funds many other things . Media Matters . Think Progress . Its the same left or right . Politicians on both sides for sale . Some are better at hiding their crap than others . Influence peddling . Koch Brothers: $2.58 million
George Soros: $1.74 million Well you have two brothers and One Soros .http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2010/09/opensecrets-battle---koch-brothers.html

Last edited by a moderator:
VERDICT: Soros rules this category, having poured more than $34.2 million into political channels, compared to $4.06 million for the Koch brothers

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...9296-7661-11e3-b1c5-739e63e9c9a7_graphic.html

In an analysis of 2011 and 2012 tax filings, The Washington Post and the Center for Responsive Politics found that a coalition of nonprofit groups backed by a donor network organized by the billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch raised more than $400 million in the last election cycle. Much of the money was distributed to a maze of limited-liability companies affiliated with the nonprofits, which used some of their resources to turn out conservative voters and run ads against President Obama and congressional Democrats. Read related story.
There's a good graphic at the link which shows the organizations and the connections between them.

I think Koch brothers are seen to be part of the libertarian movement, the founded the Cato institute.
As most of the market of conspiracy theory consumers self-identify as libertarians, they wouldn't feel the need to scrutinise or criticise them.
The Koch brothers do identify as Libertarian, however, in today's hyper-political world, people have adapted the stance of "Oh you're against my position on this topic, therefore you must be a member of the other party." So with Obama in power, and Koch Brothers criticizing him, they are now seen as conservative (yet, those same people were considering them to be neutral when they criticized Bush.)

Sure and Soros funds the Center for American Progress the Tides foundation which funds many other things . Media Matters . Think Progress . Its the same left or right . Politicians on both sides for sale . Some are better at hiding their crap than others . Influence peddling . Koch Brothers: $2.58 million
George Soros: $1.74 million Well you have two brothers and One Soros .http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2010/09/opensecrets-battle---koch-brothers.html

@Joe If you have a topic you want to cover go start your own thread (with links to sources that back up your assertions) rather than introducing logical fallacies and your usual cantankerousness (Trolling) into existing threads which seems to be your usual knee jerk reaction to anything that is at odds to your politics. Debunking is seeking to examine the facts/evidence without regard to our personal views or politics... I am doubtful that you see it that way though.

Oh yeah, I see your next attack coming about the source of the article, instead of addressing the content... that is also a logical fallacy, so to save time.. don't bother.

The question was about why conspiracy websites (the ones that devote themselves to stories about conspiracies) fail to have stories about the Koch brothers. Trying to hide the extent of their political activity, funding a scientist to publish a study refuting the scientific consensus of climate change and to distract the public from the very real issue of climate change, and their lobbying to prevent any legislation that would attempt to rein in the biggest polluters, are activities along the lines of a conspiracy. The article below covers some of the very real conspiracies that have been tied to the Koch Brothers companies.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Koch_Industries

2011 Bloomberg Markets Exposé
On September 22, 2011, business media outlet Bloomberg released an extensive report detailing the results of an investigation it had conducted into allegations by several former Koch employees turned whistle-blower. One whistle-blower detailed her termination after her compliance check had discovered a number of bribery payments made in order to secure contracts in six countries, including Nigeria, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia. Reporters also discovered that Koch companies had traded with Iran through foreign-held subsidiaries, possibly violating US law. Other sources within the article detailed a culture of poor ethics and allegations of outright theft.[5]

Bribery of Foreign Officials
In 2008, an internal investigation found numerous instances of bribery to foreign officials to secure contracts by Koch Industries subsidiary Koch-Glitsch. One incident which came under investigation was the payment of an unusually high premium to a sales agent who admitted in a French court that the payment had been passed on to someone representing a partially state-owned Egyptian company in order to secure a contract there.

The company attempted to blame the sales agent and terminated him with a six page letter detailing the company's illicit payments to interests in Algeria, Egypt, India, Morocco, Nigeria and Saudi Arabia and placing blame for them on the sales agent. However, the court found that "[the sales agent] was not giving authorizations" for the payments, instead indicating that Charles Ender, a major Koch executive and president of Koch-Glitsch for Europe and Asian operations at the time, was responsible.[6]

Firing of Compliance Officer
Meanwhile, the compliance offer initially assigned to the investigation was removed from the inquiry almost immediately and fired a short time later. After a seven week hospitalization in 2009, saying that she failed to share documents within the company and didn't have the skills she'd claimed on her resume, she was terminated.

The compliance officer argued that she her termination was retaliation for uncovering the illegal payments.[7]

Trading with Iran
Bloomberg also found that Koch companies had traded and worked extensively with Iran over a ten year period. Notable Koch-Iranian collaborations include the construction of the world's largest methanol plant for the National Iranian Petrochemical Company at the city of Bandar Assaluyeh. The plant is being used to tap into Iran's extensive natural gas resources.

A purchase order for refining equipment at the plant was sent the day after President George W. Bush outlined the concept of an "axis of evil" in his 2003 State of the Union address, where he articulated his view that Iran was a direct threat to the United States and specifically advocated for economic sanctions that Koch companies may have been violating. “Every single chance they had to do business with Iran, or anyone else, they did,” said one whistle blower of Koch Chemicals' dealings with Iran.[8]

Falsifying Benzene Emissions
In April 2001, the Koch Petroluem Group (now Flint Hills Resources) "pleaded guilty to a felony charge of lying to the government about its benzene emissions". A report to the Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission disclosed only 1/149th of the actual benzene pollution. The company was fined $10 million and ordered to fund an additional $10 million in costs for environmental cleanup in South Texas.

The extremely profitable plant earned almost $200 million for the company in 1995, the year of the violation; the benzene emissions would have cost $7 million to control. After an environmental technician reported the false report that led to the fines, Koch Petroleum Group moved the whistle blower to an empty office with no tasks and no e-mail access. She quit a short time later.[9]

Stealing Oil on Indian Reservations
In May 1989, the Senate held hearings on what the Senate special committee on investigations called "a widespread scheme to steal oil on Indian land." According to data the committee compiled, Koch took 1.95 million barrels of oil it didn’t pay for from 1986 to 1988.

The Senate referred the case to the Justice Department, but no indictment followed. In December 1999 in a civil trial, the jury found that "Koch Industries had made 24,587 false claims in buying oil, underpaying the U.S. government for royalties on Native American land from 1985 to 1989." Koch settled the case in 2001 for $25 million.

Koch's current PR line on the scandal? Melissa Cohlmia, Koch’s director of corporate communications, said in an email to Bloomberg reporters, "We believe that our practices were consistent with industry practice."[10]

Deadly Butane Explosion
In 1996, two Texas teenagers, aged 16 and 17, were killed after their car stalled in a cloud of butane vapor that disabled the vehicles internal mechanisms. The butane vapor was leaking from a corroded steel pipeline owned by Koch Industries. As the driver attempted to re-start the vehicle, the leaked butane cloud caused a massive explosion that killed both teenagers, burning them alive. A jury later awarded nearly $300 million to family members in a wrongful death lawsuit.

In the Bloomberg expose, a Koch spokesperson argued that this was only an isolated incident.[11]

The 'Koch Method'
In detailing past regulatory action against Koch businesses, the article interviewed whistle-blowers who had testified about their role in actions that drew enforcement. Court testimony details one man who testified under oath that he was taught to steal and cheat in business dealings, using techniques he was taught by superiors, who referred to them as the "Koch Method." [12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi...rs#Fossil_fuel_and_chemical_industry_lobbying

The Charles G. Koch Foundation gave climate skeptic Willie Soon two grants totaling $175,000 in 2005/6 and again in 2010. Soon has stated that he has "never been motivated by financial reward in any of my scientific research".[83] The foundation helped finance a 2007 analysis suggesting that climate change was not a threat to the survival of polar bears,[84] which was questioned by other researchers.[85] The foundation also funded a $150,000 study by UC Berkeley physicist Richard A. Muller who initially concluded that global warming data was flawed, but later reversed his views, supporting scientific consensus.[86][87]

According to the environmentalist group Greenpeace, organizations that the Koch brothers help fund such as Americans for Prosperity, the Heritage Foundation, the Cato institute and the Manhattan Institute have been active in questioning global warming.[88] Through Americans for Prosperity, the Koch brothers influenced more than 400 members of Congress to sign a pledge to vote against climate change legislation that does not include equivalent tax cuts.

Last edited:
@Joe If you have a topic you want to cover go start your own thread (with links to sources that back up your assertions) rather than introducing logical fallacies and your usual cantankerousness (Trolling) into existing threads which seems to be your usual knee jerk reaction to anything that is at odd to your politics. Debunking is seeking to examine the facts/evidence without regard to our personal views or politics... I am doubtful that you see it that way though.

Oh yeah, I see your next attack coming about the source of the article, instead of addressing the content... that is also a logical fallacy, so to save time.. don't bother.

The question was about why conspiracy websites (the ones that devote themselves to stories about conspiracies) fail to have stories about the Koch brothers. Trying to hide the extent of their political activity, funding a scientist to publish a study refuting the scientific consensus of climate change and to distract the public from the very real issue of climate change, and their lobbying to prevent any legislation that would attempt to rein in the biggest polluters, are activities along the lines of a conspiracy. The article below covers some of the very real conspiracies that have been tied to the Koch Brothers companies.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Koch_Industries
No I made my point and that was it doesnt matter what side they are all the same . I would not start a thread on it because its political . This is not a political site . So if you going to put up political crap expect a opposing view .

The subject of this thread is why conspiracy sites don't cover the Kochs. And "Because Soros" is not an answer.
well it looks like a political thread . If you put up a post that says 2 people give more than one it is not only misleading it is a lie and propaganda . Can I put up a thread about Malik Obama and his terrorist connections ? The connections to the Muslim Brotherhood and the Muslim brotherhood at the Whitehouse this week ?

well it looks like a political thread . If you put up a post that says 2 people give more than one it is not only misleading it is a lie and propaganda . Can I put up a thread about Malik Obama and his terrorist connections ? The connections to the Muslim Brotherhood and the Muslim brotherhood at the Whitehouse this week ?

Read the posting guidelines.

Let's focus on the question at hand though. Ignoring everyone else, why do you think that conspiracy sites don't report on the Kochs conspiracies?

The implication is: there is a conflict of interest . . . is it possible that some $ comes to the conspiracy sites from the Koch brothers? If so how would we find out? And if a connection was found . . . what are the ramifications? Don't think there is a legal issue . . . just an ethical obligation to be transparent . . . like our politicians, corporations, etc strive to be . . . :confused:

The implication is: there is a conflict of interest . . . is it possible that some $ comes to the conspiracy sites from the Koch brothers? If so how would we find out? And if a connection was found . . . what are the ramifications? Don't think there is a legal issue . . . just an ethical obligation to be transparent . . . like our politicians, corporations, etc strive to be . . . :confused:
Not sure why the Koch brothers would need to fund a conspiracy site. Seems to be plenty of [people] that are willing to run one for free.

The implication is: there is a conflict of interest . . . is it possible that some $ comes to the conspiracy sites from the Koch brothers?

Well, we know for a fact that conspiracy theories get deliberately pushed by Roger Ailes on his Fox News. I does not seem entirely impossible that there's more

However I've not seen any evidence that the conspiracy sites are funded in this way. Alex Jones seems to be doing just fine by selling ads and freedom coffee. It would be very interesting if anything came out - so it would likely be rather indirect.

But it seems more likely that discussing the Koch is avoided because they are seen as having a similar anti-government world view.

Not sure why the Koch brothers would need to fund a conspiracy site. Seems to be plenty of [people] that are willing to run one for free.
That is the question . . . how many people are capable or willing to support marginal causes out of their own pocket? The effort is many times very significant . . .

Well, we know for a fact that conspiracy theories get deliberately pushed by Roger Ailes on his Fox News. I does not seem entirely impossible that there's more

However I've not seen any evidence that the conspiracy sites are funded in this way. Alex Jones seems to be doing just fine by selling ads and freedom coffee. It would be very interesting if anything came out - so it would likely be rather indirect.

But it seems more likely that discussing the Koch is avoided because they are seen as having a similar anti-government world view.
Reasonable . . . like birds flock together as they say . . .

Read the posting guidelines.

Let's focus on the question at hand though. Ignoring everyone else, why do you think that conspiracy sites don't report on the Kochs conspiracies?
Because they're is no conspiracy at all . Its quite obvious The Koch brothers use their money to benefit them as with most of the super wealthy . It whether or not they're anti American is what makes the conspiracy sites . Are they Globalist ? Are the pro capitalist or anti capitalist . Im pretty sure they are pro American and pro capitalist even if its in their own self interest .

Have any evidence they are anti government or just against big Government ?

Have any evidence they are anti government or just against big Government ?

Now you are just getting semantic. "Anti-government" is generally used to indicate anti-big government. Not anarchism.

Because they're is no conspiracy at all . Its quite obvious The Koch brothers use their money to benefit them as with most of the super wealthy . It whether or not they're anti American is what makes the conspiracy sites . Are they Globalist ? Are the pro capitalist or anti capitalist . Im pretty sure they are pro American and pro capitalist even if its in their own self interest .

I'm not sure what you mean here? You think conspiracy sites only cover "anti-American" or "anti-capitalist" conspiracies?

That is the question . . . how many people are capable or willing to support marginal causes out of their own pocket? The effort is many times very significant . . .
A fair amount I think. Websites don't cost all that much to run these days. I see someone running a website about conspiracy theories no different that someone running a website about their favorite beer or funny cat videos. It's what they are passionate about. They don't care if it costs them a few bucks to run. I'm sure they would be happy if they could make money off it, but that's not their goal.

Conspiracy websites cover conspiracies. I have not seen any definition or claim that the conspiracy websites are about "whether or not they're anti American" . I think you just make stuff up as you go along.

It whether or not they're anti American is what makes the conspiracy sites

Conspiracy definition

• Conspiracy (civil), an agreement between persons to deceive, mislead, or defraud others of their legal rights, or to gain an unfair advantage
These are known conspiracies related to the Koch brothers and their companies, so why do the conspiracy sites fail to make any mention of them other than to come to their defense, in much the same way you do.

2011 Bloomberg Markets Exposé
On September 22, 2011, business media outlet Bloomberg released an extensive report detailing the results of an investigation it had conducted into allegations by several former Koch employees turned whistle-blower. One whistle-blower detailed her termination after her compliance check had discovered a number of bribery payments made in order to secure contracts in six countries, including Nigeria, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia. Reporters also discovered that Koch companies had traded with Iran through foreign-held subsidiaries, possibly violating US law. Other sources within the article detailed a culture of poor ethics and allegations of outright theft.[5]

Bribery of Foreign Officials
In 2008, an internal investigation found numerous instances of bribery to foreign officials to secure contracts by Koch Industries subsidiary Koch-Glitsch. One incident which came under investigation was the payment of an unusually high premium to a sales agent who admitted in a French court that the payment had been passed on to someone representing a partially state-owned Egyptian company in order to secure a contract there.

The company attempted to blame the sales agent and terminated him with a six page letter detailing the company's illicit payments to interests in Algeria, Egypt, India, Morocco, Nigeria and Saudi Arabia and placing blame for them on the sales agent. However, the court found that "[the sales agent] was not giving authorizations" for the payments, instead indicating that Charles Ender, a major Koch executive and president of Koch-Glitsch for Europe and Asian operations at the time, was responsible.[6]

Firing of Compliance Officer
Meanwhile, the compliance offer initially assigned to the investigation was removed from the inquiry almost immediately and fired a short time later. After a seven week hospitalization in 2009, saying that she failed to share documents within the company and didn't have the skills she'd claimed on her resume, she was terminated.

The compliance officer argued that she her termination was retaliation for uncovering the illegal payments.[7]

Trading with Iran
Bloomberg also found that Koch companies had traded and worked extensively with Iran over a ten year period. Notable Koch-Iranian collaborations include the construction of the world's largest methanol plant for the National Iranian Petrochemical Company at the city of Bandar Assaluyeh. The plant is being used to tap into Iran's extensive natural gas resources.

A purchase order for refining equipment at the plant was sent the day after President George W. Bush outlined the concept of an "axis of evil" in his 2003 State of the Union address, where he articulated his view that Iran was a direct threat to the United States and specifically advocated for economic sanctions that Koch companies may have been violating. “Every single chance they had to do business with Iran, or anyone else, they did,” said one whistle blower of Koch Chemicals' dealings with Iran.[8]

Falsifying Benzene Emissions
In April 2001, the Koch Petroluem Group (now Flint Hills Resources) "pleaded guilty to a felony charge of lying to the government about its benzene emissions". A report to the Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission disclosed only 1/149th of the actual benzene pollution. The company was fined $10 million and ordered to fund an additional $10 million in costs for environmental cleanup in South Texas.

The extremely profitable plant earned almost $200 million for the company in 1995, the year of the violation; the benzene emissions would have cost $7 million to control. After an environmental technician reported the false report that led to the fines, Koch Petroleum Group moved the whistle blower to an empty office with no tasks and no e-mail access. She quit a short time later.[9]

Stealing Oil on Indian Reservations
In May 1989, the Senate held hearings on what the Senate special committee on investigations called "a widespread scheme to steal oil on Indian land." According to data the committee compiled, Koch took 1.95 million barrels of oil it didn’t pay for from 1986 to 1988.

The Senate referred the case to the Justice Department, but no indictment followed. In December 1999 in a civil trial, the jury found that "Koch Industries had made 24,587 false claims in buying oil, underpaying the U.S. government for royalties on Native American land from 1985 to 1989." Koch settled the case in 2001 for $25 million.

Koch's current PR line on the scandal? Melissa Cohlmia, Koch’s director of corporate communications, said in an email to Bloomberg reporters, "We believe that our practices were consistent with industry practice."[10]

Deadly Butane Explosion
In 1996, two Texas teenagers, aged 16 and 17, were killed after their car stalled in a cloud of butane vapor that disabled the vehicles internal mechanisms. The butane vapor was leaking from a corroded steel pipeline owned by Koch Industries. As the driver attempted to re-start the vehicle, the leaked butane cloud caused a massive explosion that killed both teenagers, burning them alive. A jury later awarded nearly $300 million to family members in a wrongful death lawsuit.

In the Bloomberg expose, a Koch spokesperson argued that this was only an isolated incident.[11]

The 'Koch Method'
In detailing past regulatory action against Koch businesses, the article interviewed whistle-blowers who had testified about their role in actions that drew enforcement. Court testimony details one man who testified under oath that he was taught to steal and cheat in business dealings, using techniques he was taught by superiors, who referred to them as the "Koch Method.
On a side note, the issues that the Koch brothers are most involved in exerting their considerable influence, are not particularly for betterment of mankind... just about enriching themselves (which is their right).

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Conspiracy websites cover conspiracies. I have not seen any definition or claim that the conspiracy websites are about "whether or not they're anti American" . I think you just make stuff up as you go along.

Conspiracy definition

• Conspiracy (civil), an agreement between persons to deceive, mislead, or defraud others of their legal rights, or to gain an unfair advantage
Using that definition of conspiracy, they should also be covering the scammer on the sidewalk doing 3 card Monte.

It would be a good thing if they did cover/expose the con games that scammers play, so people could avoid those.
So why do you think they don't? The answer seems to be pretty obvious and it applies to your original question. It's not fantastical enough. A person swindling a guy out $50 on the street or a person donating lots of money to political groups isn't very interesting. Free masons flying airplanes that were reversed engineered from alien spacecrafts to spray chemicals in the stratosphere making the atmosphere more hospitable to the lizard people, that's interesting.

I cant think of one thing there that I wouldnt support myself . God Bless them

It's not about if you agree with their politics. It's about why conspiracy sites don't cover allegations of Koch conspiracies.

It's not about if you agree with their politics. It's about why conspiracy sites don't cover allegations of Koch conspiracies.
Should conspiracy websites attempt to cover every single conspiracy out there?
Or, as you put it, allegations of conspiracies?

Given that we've seen coverage of the Koch "conspiracies" in mainstream media (several examples in this very thread), is it really still a conspiracy? The conspiracy sites seem to be more interested in talking about stuff that isn't covered in the news.

Given that we've seen coverage of the Koch "conspiracies" in mainstream media (several examples in this very thread), is it really still a conspiracy? The conspiracy sites seem to be more interested in talking about stuff that isn't covered in the news.

Just because it's been in the news does not make it not a conspiracy.

There's a lot of interest in the Koch brothers on the infowars forum, just almost nothing on the site itself. Yet Alex is constantly going after Soros. It seems like his fans are very interested in the Kochs.

I don't really think there's much evidence of the Kochs funding conspiracy sites. I think it's far more likely that it's just ideology. But it's still interesting.

I think that much of the allure of the conspiracy theories is that they can make uneducated people
feel like they are smarter than others. This usually keeps the conspiracy kind of shadowy.

The big problem with the Koch story as a conspiracy, is that--though there's enough financial power there
to keep documentaries about them off PBS--anyone with an internet connection can trace all
kinds of Koch money, designed to push the political center to the right.
Hell, the Daily Show featured easily verifiable Koch bad behavior just last night!
While there's undoubtedly unethical Koch behavior that we don't yet know about,
the massive amount of ugly behavior that is already well known undermines the conspiracy potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back