Welcome Thread - New Members Post Here

Funny thing WeedWhacker, when I first saw your name elsewhere I assumed you to be a chopper pilot as I had seen and heard helicopters referred to in various ways, weed whacker being one of them. It refers to the similarity to a common grass trimmer's business end.

Another imaginative term was "flingwing", the idea being that the speaker preferred to have his lift provided by a robust fixed mechanism rather than requiring it to move insanely rapidly about.

Hello,

I am happy to be here and excited to dig right in and look around. I was introduced to your site by a friend who often sends me your posts on varying topics that are properly and accurately debunked so I thought, I must join this great place.

I am looking forward getting to know everyone better.

...when I first saw your name elsewhere I assumed you to be a chopper pilot...

Yeah, lol...I never thought of that, when I first created this 'handle' (back...maybe 2007?). I wasn't very imaginative, most of my first choices were already taken, and then I saw a commercial on TV for a lawn tool...and, the rest is history! :cool:

Another imaginative term was "flingwing"...

Now, that one I somehow missed! (Shoulda/Coulda/Woulda used it, in 20:20 hindsight).

My favorite description of a helicopter is: "A helicopter is made of thousands of spare parts bent on mutual self-destruction, and flying in close formation."

Second choice: "Helicopters don't fly, they just beat the air into submission."

Hola, everyone. Now that I've posted 100x, I should probably check in:

"Hi. My name is Lance…and I'm a bunkaholic."

p.s. My first choice of a name was "TheWitchBitchGodde" but I was told that that might cause some confusion...

LOL Then I guess we've both come to the right place. If we're ever confused, someone will be sure to help set us straight and debunk any oddities we may find, screen names or otherwise.

Good day all metabunkerites,or whatever term is more common.
As recently as the 1950s, the term "metabunkerites" was still considered socially acceptable
in much of the continental United States--especially the deep South--though resistance to the
term was beginning to grow in more progressive communities like New York City.

In 2014 "metabunkerites" is almost universally an offensive term, considered racist by many, and now
exists only as an exclusive term of familiarity amongst rural debunkers on the outskirts of Dallas.

In general, the term "Debunker-American" has superseded "metabunkerite" in the U.S.
though internationally most prefer to be known as "bunker-busters."

Now that that ugliness is behind us…very nice introduction, Jay…and welcome.

In general, the term "Debunker-American" has superseded "metabunkerite" in the U.S.
nice. now all alex joneses survivalists are gonna think we're after their freeze dried foods!

Hello, I found this place after seeing posts from friends that had been suckered into the chemtrail nonsense. This site is awesome! Thanks to all who have made it what it is.

Hello, I found this place after seeing posts from friends that had been suckered into the chemtrail nonsense. This site is awesome! Thanks to all who have made it what it is.
Welcome to Metabunk!

Hello Everyone, I am a retired senior citizen and what brought me here is that I have a friend who is obsessed with the contrails he sees in our area over the North East and I don't know how to respond to him because I wasn't really aware of this chem-trail conspiracy until lately. Last night I watched about 3 hrs. of Rosalind Peterson's YouTube videos and thought that there might be something to this, which brought me to this website. I can't tell from some of the things I've read here whether this theory has been totally debunked and if so, then what is the explanation for all the many different contrails, the checkerboard patterns, loops etc. Is it just exhaust? What are these planes doing? Is it untrue that our weather can be manipulated as Rosalind states in her video?
Please be kind as I have no scientific background to speak of, just want to help my friend come back to earth:)

Hello Everyone, I am a retired senior citizen and what brought me here is that I have a friend who is obsessed with the contrails he sees in our area over the North East and I don't know how to respond to him because I wasn't really aware of this chem-trail conspiracy until lately. Last night I watched about 3 hrs. of Rosalind Peterson's YouTube videos and thought that there might be something to this, which brought me to this website. I can't tell from some of the things I've read here whether this theory has been totally debunked and if so, then what is the explanation for all the many different contrails, the checkerboard patterns, loops etc. Is it just exhaust? What are these planes doing? Is it untrue that our weather can be manipulated as Rosalind states in her video?
Please be kind as I have no scientific background to speak of, just want to help my friend come back to earth:)
Welcome!! There are so many questions and so much information here to explain what is going on. Maybe you can review a bit first and settle on one or two issues or questions to concentrate on first. And yes the persistent trails in the sky are basically ice crystals or cirrus clouds triggered by jet exhausts.

Welcome!! There are so many questions and so much information here to explain what is going on. Maybe you can review a bit first and settle on one or two issues or questions to concentrate on first. And yes the persistent trails in the sky are basically ice crystals or cirrus clouds triggered by jet exhausts.
Thank you George.

you can check out contailscience.com as well, easier for me to find quick info

oops http://contrailscience.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'm Raccoon (or just Michael) and I'm from the Netherlands. I've been already a few times on this site and so I decided to join the Metabunk gang!

I found this site when researching a quote I saw in an article by Peter Dale Scott: "Lofgren’s inclusion of Wall Street is in keeping with Franklin Roosevelt’s observation in 1933 to his friend Col. E.M. House that 'The real truth … is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the larger centers has owned the Government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson.' " A google search brought up Mick West's excellent resource about the history of this quotation. I will use it in my blog called Quixotic Joust. Thanks.

I found this site when researching a quote I saw in an article by Peter Dale Scott: "Lofgren’s inclusion of Wall Street is in keeping with Franklin Roosevelt’s observation in 1933 to his friend Col. E.M. House that 'The real truth … is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the larger centers has owned the Government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson.' " A google search brought up Mick West's excellent resource about the history of this quotation. I will use it in my blog called Quixotic Joust. Thanks.
I am sure Mick will be pleased. Welcome!

As recently as the 1950s, the term "metabunkerites" was still considered socially acceptable
in much of the continental United States--especially the deep South--though resistance to the
term was beginning to grow in more progressive communities like New York City.

In 2014 "metabunkerites" is almost universally an offensive term, considered racist by many, and now
exists only as an exclusive term of familiarity amongst rural debunkers on the outskirts of Dallas.

Now that that ugliness is behind us…very nice introduction, Jay…and welcome.
That would make me a Debunker-Canadian in more proper terms then.
Thanks for that. Should be a wiki page on this somewhere.... maybe a YouTube documentary :)

Interesting. I just recently confronted a 9/11 truther who was taking someone to task for not watching a YouTube video because of its very bad grammar and explicative laced content. I accused him of hacking away at strawmen and tilting at windmills.
I like mixing metaphors.

Hello,

This seems like a good place for separating fact from fiction. I'm interested in some claims about the design and purpose(s?) of the Great Pyramid.

Probably members here can help with one. It is John Cadman's theory that the pyramid's design includes a hydraulic ram pump system.
Plan is to post it as a new topic. Got no results from searching site

Thanks for the good work that is done here.

Hello,

This seems like a good place for separating fact from fiction. I'm interested in some claims about the design and purpose(s?) of the Great Pyramid.

Probably members here can help with one. It is John Cadman's theory that the pyramid's design includes a hydraulic ram pump system.
Plan is to post it as a new topic. Got no results from searching site

Thanks for the good work that is done here.

Hi 2jax, and welcome.

This isn't really a site for broad discussion of speculative theories - there are plenty of sites for that. We try to focus on more specific individual claims of evidence - and in particular focussing on claims that are bunk (i.e. wrong). So please try to keep the scope of your posts along those lines. See:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/posting-guidelines.2064/

This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once it has been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
upload_2013-11-7_15-17-0.png
OK, so, Hi everyone. Originally born in NYC (yes, Manhattan), now a full fledged Kiwi, living and loving New Zealand. As someone with a 30 year involvement in Forensic Sciences, I look forward to being an active and hopefully productive contributor to this group. My Ph.D. is in Psychology. Hobbies include photography and flying anything that can temporarily neutralise gravity. Cheers and yes, my friends include several Hobbits!

Hello guys. I'm an italian blogger (sorry for my english) interested about UFO phenomenon.
I really appreciate the debunking work done by this community and Mich West.

Last edited:
OK, so, Hi everyone. Originally born in NYC (yes, Manhattan), now a full fledged Kiwi, living and loving New Zealand. As someone with a 30 year involvement in Forensic Sciences, I look forward to being an active and hopefully productive contributor to this group. My Ph.D. is in Psychology. Hobbies include photography and flying anything that can temporarily neutralise gravity. Cheers and yes, my friends include several Hobbits!
Welcome Lee! Your expertise is particularly welcome. We try to stay focused on individual pieces of issues but do need to see how they fit into the larger picture. Please review our posting guidelines when you have an opportunity.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/posting-guidelines.2064/

Last edited:
Hey guys, Rick's the name and trying to learn something new every day is my game!

I've been a lurker for quite some time and I really appreciate the effort the mods (and the members for that matter) put in to make this one of my favorite sites I visit daily.

My interest was sparked by the sudden transformation of one of my best friends. Usually level headed, he has over the past few years been swept into a conspiracy vortex. I've come to find that many of the discussions and resources here have helped me in trying to reason with him rather than using ridicule as my weapon of choice. Although, truth be told, a well placed guffaw is still required.
The wonderful reward in browsing around Metabunk for useful retorts, is that I always have an opportunity to learn.
That is a beautiful thing!

Welcome newcomers!

The wonderful reward in browsing around Metabunk for useful retorts, is that I always have an opportunity to learn.

That's one of the things I enjoy about debunking, the topics are often very interesting, and there's always something new to learn.

Hi All! I am from New Zealand and came across you via a local news site who linked you regarding the Mapbox images of flight MH370. https://www.metabunk.org/threads/mh...lane-over-andaman-islands-on-mapbox-map.3304/

I am still trying to work out how I have never come across this site in the past...maybe it was a block put in place by the government of NZ to stop us having access to the truth! Or maybe I am just lazy and never googled "Debunked". Either way, glad I am here.

Hi! I live in Malaysia and found this site when googling for whether a plane's id can be reprogrammed in the transponder. Found that thread here ... very informative & clean.

I'm not into aviation but well, the hottest thing now is mh370 which keeps me glued to the net. That's bad ... but on the bright side, I'm suddenly learning so much!

I see you have a Flight MH370 Speculation thread (3 digit replies!!) so I guess that'll keep me occupied for a while :D Promise not to get carried away but do stop me if I go down that slippery slope :p

Hi! I live in Malaysia and found this site when googling for whether a plane's id can be reprogrammed in the transponder. Found that thread here ... very informative & clean.

I'm not into aviation but well, the hottest thing now is mh370 which keeps me glued to the net. That's bad ... but on the bright side, I'm suddenly learning so much!

I see you have a Flight MH370 Speculation thread (3 digit replies!!) so I guess that'll keep me occupied for a while :D Promise not to get carried away but do stop me if I go down that slippery slope :p
Welcome to Metabunk! When you get a chance please review our Posting Guidelines . . . https://www.metabunk.org/threads/posting-guidelines.2064/

Hi Everyone , i am very excited to be here. I would like share my thoughts and ideas on the latest happenings.I am an infomaniac and am here to quench my thirst ;)

Hello, friends. I am Stephanie, aka, geochick1, I came here because about 6 months ago someone posted a chemtrail remark on my fb which I immediately had to help inform. I went on the internet for some backup and found contrailscience.com. I am happy to say my link helped her realize her error right away (I am thankful my friends are logical). After that, and for the next six months I have been reading the comments on the other website, even though they are super old. I am now very into reading about the chemtrail hoax believers side because I find it fascinating. I call it my Schadenfreude. I even have made a google spreadsheet highlighting my favorite rants and crazy-talk. I should share it sometime.

My background is that I have a Masters of Science in Geology. I have actually been a Chemist for the last 11 years until Lyme Disease cut me down (but not out!). I also live right next to three major airports, SFO being the closest. So, I sit here on my disability and try to use my scientific mind until my antibiotics make me able to get back into the workforce.

Besides science in my life, my husband is a 3D artist so most of my friends are movie, commercial and video game creators. This has given me the ability to chuckle at all the folks who think it is a government rule to force people to get used to seeing contrails by subliminally inserting them into such entertainment. As a former college professor I also have a good laugh at how people think history books have been altered. I taught in the 1990's and I do not recall having to stop and draw in trails into all my student's books.

Now that I have made myself feel old, I will enjoy poking around here a bit and finishing my wildly entertaining read of the rest of the comments in contrailscience.com. What finally lead me to sign up here is the fact that lots of people in 2010 were sure Mick et al would be eating crow while sitting in the ruins of what was Earth by now.

Cheers!

Hello everybody,

As all of you, I am very well paid by the government to spread ill-informations on the net...

...But i am also a very good actor, so my relatives and friends really think I am a poor MSc student in Physical Anthropology totally focused in Paleopathology. I am mainly working on the spread and evolution of parasitic diseases and their co-evolution with other infectious diseases among human populations through time.

A few months ago, someone tried to convince me that pyramids were built by extraterrestrial beings and by the way all mammoths were suddenly killed. Obviously, hydrocephalus cases known in paleopathology are the proof of all of this, because they are in actual fact ... extraterrestrial beings. For this person, I was a kind of archaeologist-biomedical researcher and consequently, whether I disagreed, the only reliable explaination is that I am a government agent, or a stupid only repeating what he learnt without thinking.

I lost faith in Humankind this day.

Then I discovered that there is a lot of people thinking this kind of things, chemtrails, poisonned-vaccines and so on ... And I listened the same person trying to convince one of my relatives that suggar was invented to allow governments to add fluorides in our water and make us stupid. The very obvious proof of all of that was that teeth decay were not known 50 years ago. What could I do in front of such ignorance. This guy perfectly know that my researches constist in studying the origin of infectious diseases to understand emerging and re-emerging phenomenon. Being totally ignorant, he could have asked me :"Hey Pellinore, I know you're a government spy, but you're also an expert, what do you know about ancient teeth decay?" and i'd replied "oh, in actual fact it's the most common osteological lesion observed in paleopathology and consequently the more common infectious disease. We know it up to prehistory" and so on and so forth. But he decided to ignore me and preferred believe the first guy on the net who could say something pleasant for his theory, ignoring the more basic knowledges.

It is the very problem in my opinion. This kind of guy chooses believing some things and ignoring others. It is a religious problem, and we cannae argue about religion. This kind of guy thinks it is possible to discuss an equation without knowing to count. Whether you say him that he should learn to count in order to discuss this equation, he argues that he does not want to learn as a sheep (i.e as you did). By the way, having knowledges is useless, all of our knowledges being errors or lies. "You only need to look at the sky to see what is in front of you ! it's obvious !" ... but if you only look at the sky to understand the world, you'll also conclude that the Sun turns around the Earth ... A religious problem I say.

"What could you do Pellinore", I dunno, but I think that if I refuse to discuss and argument with this kind of guy, they and me never, will be better.

So, I try to share my humble knowledges here and there. But by all the ancient gods, it's demoralizing.

Last edited:
Welcome Pellinore. Many here will have similar, frustrating, experiences as you describe above.
I have a relative that posted on Facebook that fluoride is the reason people just don't care(about anything). Then the next day posted that day spent wasted is not a wasted day. ( not sure if you are a native English speaker but basically she was saying that spending a day high on cannabis was a great idea. Supposedly she sees no connection between people being apathetic and being habitually under the influence of a street drug that can do exactly that,,,, ooohhh nooo, its gotta be in the drinking water!

Thank you jay. I understand, I think many of us discovered the believers-community when a friend or a relative went in it...

You're obviously right, I am not a native speaker. It's the reason why I spent a few weeks on this forum without posting messages. Eventually, it seems that my English is terrible ...

Back