Welcome Thread - New Members Post Here

I just read your first two contributions (on the Sandy Hook FEMA Drill PDF thread).
Great start..."Rookie of the Year" potential...if such a thing existed here... :)

2 thumbs up from me also. I would say 3 thumbs up...but well, I only have 2 hands.

OK, now i'm blushing, guys. Thank you again though. What a great welcome! In all reality, I'm also just a stay-at-home mom with three teenagers (one of whom just left the nest) and all the fun stuff that comes with them :eek:. They keep me on my toes, though.

Hi Everyone,
I'm glad to have come upon your site. What brought me was your rebuttal to the claims of Dane Wigington. I feel your points are well made. I do still have this nagging doubt about geo-engineering, especially in connection with Morgellons Disease. I have visited Jan Smith's site, and as a sufferer herself, she seems quite credible. What do you think? BTW, here's a link to her site in case you haven't visited it. http://www.morgellonsexposed.com/

Hi Everyone,
I'm glad to have come upon your site. What brought me was your rebuttal to the claims of Dane Wigington. I feel your points are well made. I do still have this nagging doubt about geo-engineering, especially in connection with Morgellons Disease. I have visited Jan Smith's site, and as a sufferer herself, she seems quite credible. What do you think? BTW, here's a link to her site in case you haven't visited it. http://www.morgellonsexposed.com/
This would be a topic for another thread. But I don't think you will find many people who think Morgellons is anything other than what orthodox medicine thinks it is: a delusion.

That looks like a polymer fibre that has been melted by heat, for instance.

I've seen no evidence that Morgellons "fibres" are anything other than clothing fibres and other debris that gets stuck to skin lesions.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I've been following metabunk for a long time (many months, possibly years!) and finally decided to sign up.
I'm an experienced amateur astronomer and keen gardener which constitute the important things I do in life and I work as a technical and IT manager at a large university (for money.) I often find myself feeling that I have to debunk stuff I come across on the web so thought I may as well join the folk here, many of whom seem to have a similar compulsion!

Hello folks, I'm new here. I've been looking in on this place for around a year now (excellent forum), so I figured I'd join.
I find myself often looking into debunkings of conspiracy theories and other nonsense.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm glad to be here, someone mentioned the site in The Newsvine, they were talking about chemical contrails and the debunking of the issue, so I decided to take a look, and had to join up.

Hi from Swansea Wales UK.

I followed a link here from the ISF (formerly the JREF Forum)

I may contribute if I feel I can add positively to any discussion :=]

I love to debunk conspiracies and wreck the truthers hopes and dreams of "the world is out to get them"

Hi all

I arrived here on a random journey, my main interest is the Madeleine McCann story. A guy called Richard D Hall produced a video about the case. He also works extensively on 9/11, UFO's, Crop circles and such. He seems a nice guy and I have had a few e-mail chats with him, however he does seem a little too extreme to debunk. (Beyond my skill level at any rate)

The Madeleine McCann case interests me as it seems to be an 'inverted' conspiracy theory. The official line is that the child was abducted by a stranger, yet there is no evidence to support this. My view is that the parents were involved to a greater or lesser degree and there is ample evidence to support this. Your posts about how to debunk are really helpful, not only in pressing my points, but also understanding the interactions of others.

I realise that MM is probably not everyone's 'cup of tea' however, it would be nice to chat about RDH! I haven't yet found him on your forums, so just in case, here is a link to his site

http://www.richplanet.net/index.php

Hope this is okay to post!

Thanks for letting me join

The Madeleine McCann case interests me as it seems to be an 'inverted' conspiracy theory. The official line is that the child was abducted by a stranger, yet there is no evidence to support this. My view is that the parents were involved to a greater or lesser degree and there is ample evidence to support this. Your posts about how to debunk are really helpful, not only in pressing my points, but also understanding the interactions of others.

Welcome. Just be aware that we try to focus on debunking very specific claims of evidence here, not speculation. The McCann topic seems to invite a lot of speculation.

Hi, I'm paranoid, I also like apple pie, who doesn't? And focused fact based evaluation of various claims is something I need practice in, so here I am. Been duped a few times.

Hi, I'm paranoid, I also like apple pie, who doesn't? And focused fact based evaluation of various claims is something I need practice in, so here I am. Been duped a few times.
Welcome aboard, I've been duped as well. Glad you're at the right place to hopefully put that behind you.

Welcome. Just be aware that we try to focus on debunking very specific claims of evidence here, not speculation. The McCann topic seems to invite a lot of speculation.
Thanks Mick. I promise I'll avoid M discussion!

Do you have any threads around Richplanet? I've browsed the forums, but can't find any.

Hi:
I'm Peter Birchwood, by trade a Forensic Genealogist with over ten years appearances on BBC-TV Heir Hunters. One of my friends was the late Melvin Harris and I appreciate his teaching me to be sceptical.

Hi everybody. My name is Stephanie and I am currently a nursing student in Oklahoma. I found this site while researching the Ebola case in Texas. I'm happy to be here and look forward to reading all of the posts in this forum.

Sup all

I've been a fan of this site since last year, it's really a breath of fresh air. I have a friend that believes every goofy theory Alex Jones and Glen Beck talk about. He tells me stories about Fema cattle cars, the Rothschilds, and boy does he think global warming is a sham. I do a quick search and often find a simple answer here. Of course he will have none of it, which I find bewildering.

I'm really impressed at the incredible amount of patience Mick West, and others display when trying to be calm and logical with folks that are not. The post about the wicker coffins and garbage cans had me laughing pretty good.

My friend and I have been sharing a motel room on trips recently, neither one of us have cable so I wanted to check out the offerings there. And I watched too much of the Mermaid special on Animal Planet and the Megladon one on Discovery. I think they had her half convinced they were true and she is a skeptical type.

In fact I was wondering if these fake documentaries were worthy of a thread here.
I would believe in the Mermaid special myself if it weren't for the very dated in-studio pieces and the bit on the end titles saying (in effect:) "If you believe this you are crazy." A lot of people still believe in "Alternative 3"

Hi everyone, my name is Stefania and I'm an Italian girl living in London. I've found out about Metabunk on an article on Vice, and here I am. I love reason and I deeply care about what's true. I don't consider an opinion or an assumption to be "facts", that's why I think I'll enjoy the common sense of these threads.
Cheers,

Stef

Hi Everyone!

Greetings from New York City! Found this forum a little while back and rediscovered recently it from a link provided by a 911 debunker on Facebook. Looks like a wealth of information can be found here regarding the official story. I'm not, never was, or will be a Twoofer. However, I find it entertaining to read kooky posts and articles made by them.

This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once it has been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
upload_2013-11-7_15-17-0.png

Cheers Mick, good to find this... through a link on facebook I think. It sat in my tabs for a while and then I got round to reviewing it.
OK, about me: I'm a keen greenie, and have a science degree, and attend skeptics events in York and Leeds. I chair Frack-Free York and am active in the Transition movement, which aims to help people move towards a low carbon economy and rebuild community spirit! The fact that I'm a Green means I mix with one or two people who, sadly, are fooled into believing all sorts of nonsense, from homoeopathy and other (s)CAM through to 'truthers' of assorted shades, and I even know some climate change deniers. I find myself defending GMO research (although I'm deeply worried about the power of corporations) and explaining how vaccines work. I'm also pretty good at explaining various topics connected with the greenhouse effect and fossil carbon.
I look forward to reading posts here and clicking those inevitable links!

Hi, greetings from the Netherlands. I studied astronomy and physics. I am a physics teacher for 24 years now. I support and participate in the dutch sceptic society Skepsis. On blogs but also in classroom I discuss the relevance of science and the scientific method, AND the risks of pseudoscience (and worse), like the moon hoax conspiracy, creationism, anti-vaxxers, and of course the chemtrail hoax. Searching for down-to-earth explanations for all kinds of "evidence" I came across this site and it helped me out with quite some discussions.

Good morning, afternoon or evening! I have been visiting this site for a reasonable period of time and figured it was about time to sign up!
I do believe I would originally have found the site through the JREF forums concerning 9/11. I have a fascination with the CT mindset. In the late 80s I became a little obsessed with the JFK assassination and was convinced that there was a wider conspiracy. I recall the evening, over a few pints with my favourite college professor, where I proudly explained exactly what had happened and the whitewash that was the Warren Commission. My professor smiled and nodded away until he asked, pointedly, if I had actually bothered to read the Warren Commission. Needless to say I had not. He set me the task of reading it and reporting back to him where exactly I thought the Commission had it wrong, and what they had covered up; it took me six months to get around to reading through the whole thing, and I felt like I had been duped.
Fast forward to today and I still look back on that conversation as a pivotal moment in my life, and I try to bring that level of succint critical analysis to my own methodology.

Good morning, afternoon or evening! I have been visiting this site for a reasonable period of time and figured it was about time to sign up!
I do believe I would originally have found the site through the JREF forums concerning 9/11. I have a fascination with the CT mindset. In the late 80s I became a little obsessed with the JFK assassination and was convinced that there was a wider conspiracy. I recall the evening, over a few pints with my favourite college professor, where I proudly explained exactly what had happened and the whitewash that was the Warren Commission. My professor smiled and nodded away until he asked, pointedly, if I had actually bothered to read the Warren Commission. Needless to say I had not. He set me the task of reading it and reporting back to him where exactly I thought the Commission had it wrong, and what they had covered up; it took me six months to get around to reading through the whole thing, and I felt like I had been duped.
Fast forward to today and I still look back on that conversation as a pivotal moment in my life, and I try to bring that level of succint critical analysis to my own methodology.

Welcome! That sounds like a familiar tale. I regularly see links to scientific papers, patents, reports etc submitted as "proof" of some nefarious activity, by somebody who hasn't read beyond the title or perhaps a few keywords. Usually the text says pretty much the opposite of what they claim... :)

Last edited:
Hi all, my names Auldy. I'm an Australian who works in the field of molecular diagnostics. Have been perusing metabunk for about 6months to help research/debunk claims from misinformed friends and colleagues and have now signed up so I can help contribute/interact :D

Hi all, my names Auldy. I'm an Australian who works in the field of molecular diagnostics. Have been perusing metabunk for about 6months to help research/debunk claims from misinformed friends and colleagues and have now signed up so I can help contribute/interact :D
Welcome, I think you'll find there are many intelligent people here and some of us are even former conspiracy theorists (myself included). It's a great place to start for sorting out the bunk from reality :)

Back