Welcome Thread - New Members Post Here

Hi everyone,

I arrived here as a result of increasing exasperation with the "chemtrails" conspiracy theorists. I can appreciate that they are genuinely concerned about something that they don't understand. But they're wasting a lot of energy that could usefully be used on real issues affecting the environment - de-forestation, over-fishing or destruction of coral reefs for example. I aspire to spread a greater appreciation of the principles of Occam's Razor and some of the simpler laws of physics.
Welcome aboard @Phil V and I look forward to your opinions. To the believer, they don't feel they are wasting any energy and some of them might also take issue with environmental issues like de-forestation, ..., so that isn't an entirely fair assumption.

Hello, everyone. I am a big fan of the site, have a few friends who frequent here but I am usually a lurker. I have shared information or referred people to the site for debunking purposes. I am looking forward in getting to know everyone.

This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once it has been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
upload_2013-11-7_15-17-0.png

Good Morning and Thank You! I was recommended to this site by a friend of mine on FaceBook. This will be Wonderful for helping me with Factual Data for my Radio Show. ~Namaste~

Hello people! :)

I've been following metabunk for quite some time and now decided to register. I graduated from medical school and have been trying to debunk more than several myths popular among people, mostly regarding to health and food quacks.

Also, i'm moderating few sub-forums (mainly known as "Alternative". :D) of one of biggest croatian forums (not sure if I can link it) and keeping fools from killing themselves.

Looking forward to participating more.

Hi,
I've been lurking around Metabunk for a while and decided to register just to show support for what you do here. I first stumbled onto conspiracy theories on The Vigilant Citizen; I found it interesting, but in the end didn't believe it, as one of the first results you get searching 'the vigilant citizen' takes you straight to Metabunk...

I doubt I'll have much to contribute myself, but just wanted to say, you do make a difference. Thanks.

I just found the web site and I am so grateful. I am surrounded with conspiracy nuts and really need some facts to debunk the onslaught of emails. Your site provided fuel for both the WTC7 and con-trails. I know that responding to them with facts won't do any good, but it makes me feel better.

Yo yo yo what up what up guys!
First off this is my first post here and in a way, skeptics and true debunkers and anti conspiracy theorists are, in a way, my personal heros(giving me certainty and making me believe the normal, non crazy explanations) . I am too dumb with the science to explain everything or to debunk things nor do I have the time nor the effort to do so. Also, whenever I am confronted with conspiracy theories, my sense of certainty goes away, which makes me doubt what I know and I hate that. I am totally fine with the uncertainties of life and doubt but when it comes to things like pseudoscience/conspiracy theories/mysticism and other weird shit, it makes me feel uncomfortable as the implications of the conspiracy theory, if true, could be immense and frightening. First off, I want to ask you guys this. What do you think of the psychology of these conspiracy theorists? First I saw them as unreliable, crazy crackpots but then the more I looked into them, since I was ignorant of the facts, I thought that they would be even more careful and meticulous of their fact checking than other people because, the conspiracy theory comes after the facts, after joining things together. I used to think that the facts that they would write are completely b/s and incompetent and or made up but more often than not, it was true what they are saying. Why would they have an incentive to lie? Their research is well done in my opinion. Of course, there are websites that promote nonsense and b/s such as collective-evolution and such but as you know, there is no motivation for conspiracy theorists to lie about their facts+they are very anal with their fact checking as they have a higher threshold of reputation to hold. But when I do look at the facts, it's surprising that they give us,

BTW I came across you and your debunking site after watching JRQE on chemtrails. (Why are people interested in boring conspiracy theories? Most popular ones are very boring, such as moon landing or JFK. I mean, even if true or false? So what? Who cares? Wouldn't something much more grandiose and macro such as UFOs and the NWO be much more entertaining and perplexing?)

Anyway, I would like to thank you for creating this site and I respect the work everyone is doing here, even if you guys may/may not be doing it purely for fun.

BTW I came across you and your debunking site after watching JRQE on chemtrails.

I had to look this up....('JRQE' is "Joe Rogan Questions Everything")....This was a public service announcement for those reading this thread.

Anyway, long intro but good that you found this site, @ 'WSEN'.

(Edit and a "PS": Rogan used to 'buy into' the silly Moon landing "hoax" claims. He has since learned some facts, and realizes his error).

I used to think that the facts that they would write are completely b/s and incompetent and or made up but more often than not, it was true what they are saying. Why would they have an incentive to lie? Their research is well done in my opinion. Of course, there are websites that promote nonsense and b/s such as collective-evolution and such but as you know, there is no motivation for conspiracy theorists to lie about their facts+they are very anal with their fact checking as they have a higher threshold of reputation to hold.
you should start a thread in the chitchat section. I'd be very interested in some links showing where the facts they give are true. the conspiracies I follow that doesn't happen often. :(

and welcome!

Cool. I have a very long post I have written up but I can't post it. Can you guys allow me to post in the main forums now?

Why would they have an incentive to lie? Their research is well done in my opinion. Of course, there are websites that promote nonsense and b/s such as collective-evolution and such but as you know, there is no motivation for conspiracy theorists to lie about their facts+they are very anal with their fact checking as they have a higher threshold of reputation to hold. But when I do look at the facts, it's surprising that they give us,
Welcome aboard WSEN, look forward to discussing your views. Proponents of CT's are purely motivated by untruths and prey on those who are susceptible to their antics and cherry picked "facts" uh hum!

Hi folks!

Ended up here while I was searching around the web looking for something that proves anything involving the chemtrail conspiracy, did not find anything, not to my satisfaction honestly. As a result of that i found a bunch of other interesting topics here. Therefore i decided to stay and learn more from you guys. This surely is a group of intelligent people breaking apart good topics into tiny pieces of reliable information.

I'm from Sweden and currently living in norway for two reasons, woman and work.

Thank you all for letting me stay and learn. Keep up the good work.

Blessings.

Thank guys. As I read through the topics and replies in this forum I am amazed by the respect you all show one another. Never seen that before in a forum. That is something all of you should be proud of!

Hello everybody, I live in Cornwall, England. I have a background in nursing and psychology though I'm a stay at home mum these days. My home is in a nice rural area and when I'm not scaring myself sh*tless on the internet, I enjoy the outdoors and gardening. The New Age kinda sucked me in and spat me out again, though I maintain an interest in the metaphysical. I've been hovering around the conspiracy theory rabbit hole for a few years now, on a mission to know the truth and to sort wheat from chaff.

I am another lurker, originally finding this site after MH370 disappeared, and from there I started reading about the chemtrail hoax, Sandy Hook etc. I don’t normally hang around the weird part of the internet so I am very new to all the conspiracy stuff; I only just found out a few weeks ago that the moon is a hologram! o_O I have already been banned from a few Facebook pages for asking questions, polite and genuine because I really did want to try and understand, but realising that they have no answers I thought I may as well join the other government shills over here. I don’t live under a regular flight path so contrails are very rare in my world, but I am a bit of a cloud and weather groupie.

Hi there, I found this site a few times before, and I came back here when it were first to expose a recent hoax, I used the information to expose it. I have a group of real life friends who are Chemtrail-truthers, and they told me this was a Govt site etc. So I actually joined to ask @Mick West if he was paid, before reaching any conclusions. He politely said no, and now here I am.

I am British, I travel around a bit between Europe and South America, and I am interested in psychology and a few things, such as holographic universe (which is now under examination by scientists, I may add!) :)

Hi there, I found this site a few times before, and I came back here when it were first to expose a recent hoax, I used the information to expose it. I have a group of real life friends who are Chemtrail-truthers, and they told me this was a Govt site etc. So I actually joined to ask @Mick West if he was paid, before reaching any conclusions. He politely said no, and now here I am.

I am British, I travel around a bit between Europe and South America, and I am interested in psychology and a few things, such as holographic universe (which is now under examination by scientists, I may add!) :)

Welcome, Steve. I don't know how experienced you have to be to be a paid Government shill, but I heard Metabunk was all a bunch of paid shills, but I've not seen a dime! Maybe when I have more time under my belt, the checks will start showing up in the mail...:D

You should think about starting a thread that discusses the Holographic universe and string theory, but it would probably be better suited for chit chat unless there are some CT's involved with the theory. If so then you can examine each conspiracy theory (CT) or claim of evidence in a new thread. I think it would be an interesting topic to be honest with you, especially if you have information that isn't readily available on wiki or what not... And for anyone that cares to know what holographic universe is about "dumbed down" then this is a good site to visit; http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/string-theory-insight-from-the-holographic-princip.html.

Yes I love the logic there.

Metabunk is a paid Govt site so therefore anything written here, no matter how solidly constructed, reasoned and verifiable, may be ignored.

It is an interesting way of thinking.

Metabunk is a paid Govt site so therefore anything written here, no matter how solidly constructed, reasoned and verifiable, may be ignored.

I usually quote the root source, but Metabunk usually provides several in one message or thread, which is really useful, so I quoted them. And this is what I was told. But that increased my interest in Metabunk.

Once I looked at vegan nutrition before and all the bad book reviews on Amazon were from someone working for an organisation sponsored by the dairy industry. So this works in reverse too. I clicked on him, looked at all his bad reviews, found all the good books. So, when people shoot the messenger, I look at what the messenger is saying.

As for the holographic stuff @Jason , well, I could, but this would also involve quoting some sources which are considered dubious. The problem with this is that the science is in it's infancy. Imagine when Newtonian physics was around, how easy it would be to debunk someone saying an object is not in any given place when it is not observed, or matter consists of energy. But maybe I will, in Chitchat, as you suggest, a couple of people agreed with your message

EDIT: Holographic Universe thread now created in chitchat https://www.metabunk.org/threads/holographic-universe.4647/

EDIT2: I read the posting guidelines, which say that this place is for debunking only, and not for speculation. So I am not sure if this is allowed in Chitchat. Perhaps it is, I don't know.

Last edited:
Hi everyone... good to meet everyone. I'm very happy to be at a debunking site, and hope that I can win your respect, your friendship, and your second thoughts on the issues surrounding 911. I have a few items I hope someone can help me with, by taking me up on the debunking side of the debate, of course debating the issues and topics at hand and not the poster.

I respect all views, because I myself have traveled from one to another, so you dont have to be concerned about trollish or slanderous argument from me, I love the facts and public record as is and these are the things I am confident in.

So I do look forward to good discussions for both sides, and again its nice meeting every one of you.

Peace out, EJ Wolf

You should think about starting a thread that discusses the Holographic universe and string theory, but it would probably be better suited for chit chat unless there are some CT's involved with the theory. If so then you can examine each conspiracy theory (CT) or claim of evidence in a new thread. I think it would be an interesting topic to be honest with you, especially if you have information that isn't readily available on wiki or what not... And for anyone that cares to know what holographic universe is about "dumbed down" then this is a good site to visit; http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/string-theory-insight-from-the-holographic-princip.html.
Hi Jason, I'v studied string fairly extensively, though I'm not credentialed, I'm somewhat a fan of Dr Alan Guth, and his chaotic expansion theories incorporated with string. Although he discusses how the math doesnt work out in the end, he states its a beautiful idea, and I do agree its fascinating to consider the nearly infinite possibilities that we get with bubble universes and such. Guth can be entertaining and I enjoy his modest honesty at times.
String has had its letdowns with various tests/experiments done at CERN, so it seems to be riding in the shallows right now last I read on it, which has been a year or so.

Hi everyone... good to meet everyone. I'm very happy to be at a debunking site, and hope that I can win your respect, your friendship, and your second thoughts on the issues surrounding 911. I have a few items I hope someone can help me with, by taking me up on the debunking side of the debate, of course debating the issues and topics at hand and not the poster.

I respect all views, because I myself have traveled from one to another, so you dont have to be concerned about trollish or slanderous argument from me, I love the facts and public record as is and these are the things I am confident in.

So I do look forward to good discussions for both sides, and again its nice meeting every one of you.

Peace out, EJ Wolf
Welcome aboard @EJ Wolf and I look forward to your contributions.

Welcome, Steve. I don't know how experienced you have to be to be a paid Government shill, but I heard Metabunk was all a bunch of paid shills, but I've not seen a dime! Maybe when I have more time under my belt, the checks will start showing up in the mail...:D
Is there such thing as a conspiracy theorist shill? Right now I make my money playing poker, and I could do that with a lot less time involved :D lol.

...I am amazed by the respect you all show one another...
Yeah, I hate it too!!! :mad:

No, in all seriousness, you're absolutely right. And that comes from the top: It's absolutely Mick's influence and insistence.
I confess that I've needed to be slapped on the wrist a few times for being somewhat less than charitable...
since I'm so accustomed to being a bit more assertive/ugly on much of the rest of the 'net. Here, I'm almost Mother Teresa! :p

Welcome, Steve. I don't know how experienced you have to be to be a paid Government shill, but I heard Metabunk was all a bunch of paid shills, but I've not seen a dime!
I have been accused now. I was trying to use Metabunk:
Why do you keep quoting a known government shill operation like Metabunk ? Is that all you got man , truly pathetic trolling ! A friend who is an ex-troll himself , tells me you are making $1 dollar per post and .10 cents per comment . I would love to see your bank statement .... Your welcome for my .40 cents and adios TROLL ! No more money from me !
Content from External Source
The rates sound fabulous, but I cannot find a link to sign up!

Last edited:
Hey thank you very much and FAST response lol.. Good to meet you and I do look forward to great discussions :)
Thats the great thing about this forum, unless of course it's overnight hours when most are sleeping, but then again there are members here in different time zones so there's usually always someone available. You can use the search box on the top right to search out any topics that interest you, but since you mention holographic universe, here's a thread @Steve Nicholls started yesterday; https://www.metabunk.org/threads/holographic-universe.4647/

Hello, I was asked to post here by a couple of friends, and just made my very first "debunking" post - a word which is fairly new to me. However, I do have both work experience and an educational background in Law Enforcement Intelligence & Investigation, which I hope I can use to help dispel or confirm any claims that are pertinent to whatever the subject of discussion is. I hope to contribute much more in the future, as my time allows :)

Is there such thing as a conspiracy theorist shill? Right now I make my money playing poker, and I could do that with a lot less time involved :D lol.
Actually they are all over the place, more so before the 2012 end of the world nonsense. CT sites weren't being paid by an organization per say, but they were heavily funded by their participants, and people who bought items off of their sites, ie: an array of survival gear, bunkers in every format (some even offered to reserve spots for clients who invested 30k), and all of the other goodies that kept them spewing their conspiracies. One fed off the other, and as a result we had an influx of CT sites within a few short years all dedicated to the end of the world. So they might not have been a shill in the sense of some elite group secretly funding them, but they sure as hell were well funded by preying on the gullible and misinformed.

Hello, I was asked to post here by a couple of friends, and just made my very first "debunking" post - a word which is fairly new to me. However, I do have both work experience and an educational background in Law Enforcement Intelligence & Investigation, which I hope I can use to help dispel or confirm any claims that are pertinent to whatever the subject of discussion is. I hope to contribute much more in the future, as my time allows :)
I just read your first two contributions (on the Sandy Hook FEMA Drill PDF thread).
Great start..."Rookie of the Year" potential...if such a thing existed here... :)

Back