Unusual Segment of Trail on KLAS-TV, Alamo, Las Vegas

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/28037509/i-team-chemtrails-open-skies-up-to-debate
This is a very odd looking trail. Physically it looks like a contrail, however it has an unusually stark contrast with the background, and it is very abruptly terminated at each end.

The contrast can, I think, be explained as a combination of lucky back-lighting, and some post processing contrast enhancement. Adjusting it for a more naturalistic look, and it looks a lot more like a contrail:

Here's a photo I took today, waiting until the contrails was backlit by the sun, to show how you can get quite stark contrast:

But the KLAS photo is still very strange. Could it be some kind of military jet doing a brief burt of power? Is it smoke? Is it fake?

Last edited:

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I've been specifically looking for similar trails today. I took one photo of the trail of a 777 flying overhead, at about one minute old, and the shape of the trails roughly matches (ignoring the cut-offs)

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Another shot of the 777 trail, rotated 180 degrees to match the direction of the crow instability (which can go left or right). The crow instability has the effect of making the pendules on one side larger and more spaced than on the other.

Last edited:

M Bornong

Senior Member.
I'm curious if he had more than one shot of it. On the video, when they zoom out to show his angle of view, it says it's super imposed.

superimposed.jpg

When I take photos of something I want to analyze or identify later, I'll take multiple shots and angles so I'm not relying on memory. I'm not very good at identifying photoshop unless a google search finds the original. Is there any evidence this could be a longer trail that was shopped?

I did find an email address on a photo attributed to the same name as in the story on a tourist site for the Las Vegas area that was about 2 years old. On the 6th I sent him an email requesting if he had more shots. So far, I've received no reply.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
ECWXtreme Unusual vapour-looking "ghost" photograph. UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
Rory Unusual line of lights seen over Baja California Sur, Mexico Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
Mick West Unusual Light Track in Long Exposures, Grand Canyon Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 38
Trailblazer Unusual distrail? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 15
cloudspotter Unusual Contrail Off Norway Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 15
skephu Unusual Multiple Halo over San Francisco [Pyramidal Ice Crystals - "Odd Radius Halos"] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 42
Trailblazer Unusual contrail in Australia Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 1
Mick West Unusual Trail on the Russian Su-24 shot down By Turkey Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West An unusual persistent aerodynamic contrail Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 11
Trailblazer Unusual flight paths over SW England Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 12
Efftup Circular Contrails over Dorset? [Likely military exercise] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 44
Mick West Debunked: Government Stockpiling Unusual Amounts of Ammo [by Tom Coburn's GAO Report] Conspiracy Theories 63
U Unusual trails and clouds in Australia Contrails and Chemtrails 47
Van Wigington Debate Mentioned in this radio segment, Geoengineering Watch Global Alert News, January 30, 2016 Contrails and Chemtrails 16
Mick West Debunked: Russian TV3's X-Version Segment on "Chemtrails" Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Robert Tankersley Debunked: Meteorite? Paris, Oxford County, Maine [Sunlit contrail segment with shadow] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 46
Mick West Kentucky UFO - Jet Contrail Segment? UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
A Request: Show a spot of specular reflection transforming into a trail of specular reflection Flat Earth 4
Mick West White Streak & Trail over N. California Dec 19 2018 - Meteor? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Mick West Deer Eyes Reflected in Trail Camera UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 9
Marine0811 Bent Trail seen over Greenville, SC [AA 1630] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Trailspotter Where did the third trail go? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
steve holmes Please ID this trail Contrails and Chemtrails 6
386 Small Green Anomaly with Blue Trail (Night Sky Photography) [Lens Flare/Reflection] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 22
Trailspotter Unusually shaped trail over East Anglia Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Marin B A Single Thick Solitary Trail Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 9
JFDee Debunked: Sea Creature in New Zealand (Boat Trail on Google Maps) UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 9
C Trail that forms curving shapes Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 21
Marine0811 90 Degree plane trail? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 77
Marine0811 Plane trail at wings, none at engines? [Aerodynamic contrails, no flaps] Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Mick West Two planes at the "Same" Altitude, only one leaves a trail Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 16
T Debunk: Chemtrails leave no space between aircraft and the beginning of the trail. Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Fix-it-man Nearly Vertical Trail over Garden Grove Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 16
TWCobra ILuyshin-96 oil leak photo (trail from single engine) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Marsiil KSDK - Chem-Trail Testing Contrails and Chemtrails 2
JFDee Meteorite trail near Chelyabinsk, Russia Contrails and Chemtrails 48
MikeC Meteor trail Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Related Articles

Related Articles