Arlington, TX (?) UFO during partial phase of eclipse -- something casts shadow on a cloud?

JMartJr

Senior Member.
Greetings all. I'm seeing this shared all over YouTube shorts and on FB.

Video in question:

Source: https://youtu.be/wvzDLV5RX0s?t=46

Is it possible to track down the original post, and maybe nail down time and more precise location? I have looked for "ishyarredondo," supposedly their post of this was used by "UFO Section 51" for the video I've linked, cannot find them. Some posts claim it was shot in Arlington, TX, others don't mention anything about where it was shot. It looks like it was shot before the totality, looking at FlightRadar24 before the eclipse reached totality shows flights in and out of DFW at very roughly the right time, but without knowing more about when/where the video was taken that may be all that can be said.

UFO fans seem to be amazed that the "object" does not show up past the clouds, and posit a cloaking device that doesn't work with clouds but starts working again once the UFO is past the cloud, or something. More likely, to me, is that the plane is higher that the clouds by enough that it simply has not yet crossed from behind the clouds into view when the camera pans away.

Probably not worth a lot of time unless somebody has wizardly skill in finding the original post of the vid, and/or pulling better time/place info. But I'm seeing it enough that being able to say more definitively what it is would be useful.

[Mick: Added original TikTok video]

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was photographed during the eclipse it was probably seen through a dark lens or viewing glasses. That's a good surface upon which to place a streak to fake it.

If it was photographed during the eclipse it was probably seen through a dark lens
Possibly not, through clouds. Here's a couple I took, just pointing and shooting, no filter.
P1280188.JPG P1280190.JPG
(Note that the multiple-streak one with a total eclipse behind it is not from the video.)

UFO fans seem to be amazed that the "object" does not show up past the clouds, and posit a cloaking device that doesn't work with clouds but starts working again once the UFO is past the cloud, or something. More likely, to me, is that the plane is higher that the clouds by enough that it simply has not yet crossed from behind the clouds into view when the camera pans away.
Absolutely, they look like quite low clouds. In the simple case where everything's in a single geometric plane, if the vessel is 10 times higher than the cloud, it will take 9 times as long to become visible as it took for its shadow to transit the cloud. If the observer is sufficiently far away from the line containing the sun, plane, and shadow, then they might not even be looking in the right direction to see the plane. Also, of course, it will be 10 times smaller than its shadow, as it's 10 times further away. I guess you could call this an optical illusion.

Last edited:
he is also being real fishy about the timestamp. apparently a customer (or salesman?) took the footage and allowed him to use it..so either he's afraid to ask the customer the timestamp or he doesnt want us to know the timestamp.

Source: https://www.tiktok.com/@thearredondostx/video/7356429813768375595

he says totality but also before totality.
his dealership sign is facing Rte 20 so they are looking southish. black dot

1:20-1:40ish texas time. which google tells me is 6:40utc. so 6+12 is 18, yes?

Not real sure where the sun would be compared to him. We need to figure that out to determine a shadow.

so the various planes i saw... (airforce plane is going in wrong direction i would think but adding as its all the bigger planes in that time period):

Screenshot 2024-04-12 115139.png

Screenshot 2024-04-12 115424.png

Screenshot 2024-04-12 115735.png

Screenshot 2024-04-12 120038.png

Screenshot 2024-04-12 120200.png

Last edited:
Not real sure where the sun would be compared to him.
As totality began, which is not exactly when this video was taken to look at it, the Sun would have been at 186.0 Degrees (a bit west of due South)
and 64.7 degrees altitude.

https://aa.usno.navy.mil/calculated/eclipse/solar?eclipse=12024&lat=32.736&lon=-97.108&label=Arlington, TX&height=100&submit=Get+Data

My impression was that the video was a bit before the eclipse hit totality, but looking at it today I am not seeing evidence to confirm that, the crescent Sun does not show so the direction of the crescent does not help nail down time, before vs. after total eclipse. It would be nice to have independent corroboration. About all we can tell for sure just from the video is that it is not during totality, judging by the light. SWA1872 look like a decent match, for my "TLAR"* filter, with SWA2107 being a possible as well.

*That Looks About Right

Edited to complete a thought.

but looking at it today I am not seeing evidence to confirm that, the crescent Sun does not show so the direction of the crescent does not help nail down tim

the planetarium at the University of Texas had big crowds filming. not sure if clouds 4 miles away would block the sun at the same time? if we find other footage?

1712947030462.png

1712947307291.png

Back