This picture is not a Fukushima related fish die off

Whitebeard

Senior Member.
The sea floor IS detritus full stop. From sediments washed out to sea from rivers, to everything in the sea that dies, it ALL ends up on the bottom of the ocean. The famous White Cliffs Of Dover are made up of layers of dead sea creatures built up over millennia.

In fact large parts of Southern England are chalk.

And then to couple the 'shock horror' report to a cropped photograph that has nothing to do with the story. Just goes to show that this story is another example of the 'tinfoil hat' type of scare mongering a lot of the alternative so called 'news' sources thrive on.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
The "98% of sea floor covered in dead creatures, up from 1%" is covered in depth here:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/de...-ocean-floor-up-from-1-before-fukushima.2872/

derwoodii

Senior Member.
And then to couple the 'shock horror' report to a cropped photograph that has nothing to do with the story. Just goes to show that this story is another example of the 'tinfoil hat' type of scare mongering a lot of the alternative so called 'news' sources thrive on.

yes sadly true, i just followed the trail of the post origin to end up in Ecuador at Kacper posawski shop where he wants to sell me all kinds of salves ointments and balms

Hevach

Senior Member.
I've seen stuff like that in Michigan. Those shad breed like crazy and grow fast, and they don't really seem to do that well in bad winters, so you see winter and spring die offs a lot. It's not pollution (radioactive or otherwise), because it's almost entirely limited to the shad. Bass live everywhere they do (young shad are a big prey/bait fish for largemouth bass) but you almost never see bass die off along with them.

Gladwin used to have a special once-a-year sanitation program to clean up the shores of the various lakes in the area (they might still for all I know) - Sanford Lake and Wixom Lake seemed to have shad kills almost every spring when I went there in the 90's.

Killed my sad attempts at teenage romance a couple times - finally got this one girl to at least take a walk and the beach was ankle deep in reeking dead fish.

Last edited:
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
J Strange lights on picture of the moon during "Blood Moon" [Stuck Pixels] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 10
ManFrito Red Dragon, Cassini Picture Being Used As Nibiru Proof Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 11
L How did Tim Peake get full Earth in his helmet picture? [convex mirror illusion] Flat Earth 11
Harish Explanation needed for the decrease in size of USA in NASA's picture from space taken in 2012-13 Conspiracy Theories 2
Greylandra Faked moonlanding picture or is there an explanation? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 21
derwoodii Clinton rally numbers manipulation of photograph, I'm seeking the source General Discussion 17
Inanaz93 Photo Anomaly - Missing my face. UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 2
D Can you help with a picture? [Ballast Barrels] Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Mick West Debunked: Airplane passenger 'takes picture of UFO that was giving off bright lights and orbs' UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 28
D [NeedInfo]Persistent Contrails Picture Show Contrails and Chemtrails 2
F Claim: Picture shows rock formation under WTC caused by nuclear device 9/11 5
Svartbjørn Debunked (sort of): Picture of LEO spraying a child with Mace General Discussion 1
derwoodii Photo shop. How to check if a picture has been Photoshopped Practical Debunking 5
Mick West Debunked: Shade, The Motion Picture - Chemtrails and Geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 24
BlindIdiots Please Debunk WeatherWar101s "Weather War Big Picture" Video Contrails and Chemtrails 5
D Fukushima fast light (reflection?) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 1
derwoodii Hundreds Of Millions Of Salmon Feared Dead On US West Coast due to Fukushima nuclear General Discussion 3
Steve Funk Claim: Extremely high radiation levels in the US. General Discussion 7
MikeG Debunked: Fukushima Causing Bloody Tumors in Fish [Old Photos] Science and Pseudoscience 15
RFMarine Debunked: dead dolphins with ischemic lungs therefore fukushima did it General Discussion 4
Chew Fukushima vs The Blob Science and Pseudoscience 2
Chew Video examining Fukushima west coast impact Science and Pseudoscience 6
RFMarine Claim: Black dust all over japan - radioactive - fukushima? General Discussion 3
Chew Debunked: Fukushima released 76 trillion becquerels of plutonium Conspiracy Theories 0
derwoodii Debunked: Supposed photo of Fukushima General Discussion 7
Chew Debunked: "Fukushima released up to 100,000 times more cesium-137 than Chernobyl or nuclear weapons" Conspiracy Theories 1
Balance Debunked: High Radiation Readings in Japanese Green Tea, linked to Fukushima? Conspiracy Theories 24
AluminumTheory Explaining the Fukushima Radiation Threat (video) Science and Pseudoscience 1
Mick West Debunked: Dead creatures cover 98% of the ocean floor, up from 1% before Fukushima Science and Pseudoscience 13
Cairenn Debunked: Government Buying Iodine in Response to Fukushima Fallout. Conspiracy Theories 31
Grieves Fukushima Fuel Pools - A Serious Threat To Humanity? General Discussion 69
J Fukushima Radiation hitting the US/West Coast General Discussion 7
J Paul Joseph Watson (writing for Alex Jones, “Infowars”) and Fukushima Conspiracy Theories 1
Mick West George Floyd Protests and Related Riots, Looting, and other Unrest Current Events 91
Mick West Coronavirus Related Shortages in Shops Coronavirus COVID-19 111
Mick West Alex Jones Deplatforming and Related Conspiracy Theories Current Events 49
deirdre Debunked: Newtown Bee removing article links related to Sandy Hook citizen investigations Sandy Hook 3
Leifer What books are you reading ? (conspiracy related, science, etc...) General Discussion 130
Critical Thinker Links to science related educational websites Science and Pseudoscience 11
HappyMonday Worldwide fertility drops by 85% (Agenda 21 paranoia related) Conspiracy Theories 3
tryblinking Accute chemtrail related illness Contrails and Chemtrails 15
Related Articles

Election 2020

Related Articles