The art of "turning around" an airliner

MikeC

Closed Account
"Turning around" is the effort that goes into an aircraft after it has arrived in order to make it ready for it's next flight - it includes offloading passengers (pax) and freight, sometimes moving the aircraft off the "gate" to a holding position, perhaps some maintenance, cleaning, towing back to a gate, and then loading pax, freight, supplies, fuel and crew.

this article in the NY Times is a nicely illustrated run-through of what is entailed in this activity - which occurs 10's of thousands of times a day (at least!) all over the world.........

Clunk

I have to do that four times a day, all within 30 minutes. No wonder I'm tired when I get home...

Trailblazer

Staff member
it includes offloading passengers (pax) and freight, sometimes moving the aircraft off the "gate" to a holding position, perhaps some maintenance, cleaning, towing back to a gate, and then loading pax, freight, supplies, fuel, aluminium, barium and strontium nanoparticles and crew.

FTFY ;)

Seriously though, it's just another layer in the impossibility of the "using commercial airliners for geoengineering" that people like Ian Simpson and Max Bliss claim is going on.

MikeC

Closed Account
I have to do that four times a day, all within 30 minutes. No wonder I'm tired when I get home...
4 times a day?? When I was a young fella we'd do it 10-12 times in an 8 hour shift - with effort going into aircraft on adjacent gates at the same time......;)

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West The Shape and Size of Glare Around Bright Lights UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 42
deirdre Debunked: Alex Jones claims kids '[walking around firehouse] with hands up' in Megan Kelly interview Sandy Hook 1
Mick West Explained: Why a Phone Spirit Level Works Around the World [Accelerometers are Scales] Flat Earth 7
derwoodii Claim The seabed around Kaikoura, New Zealand has risen by up to 1.8 m earthquake General Discussion 20
Rory Black square around Earth proves NASA fake footage Flat Earth 3
JRBids Blue Splotches around Nexrad Stations [Birds] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 29
P Hi all, I'm new to this forum, so still trying to find my way around. I wanted to comment regarding Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mick West Why People are 'Suddenly' Seeing Strange Beams of Light Around the World - The Reddit Effect General Discussion 23
Gundersen Debunked: Chemtrails and Hopi prophecy: Cobweb built around the earth Quotes Debunked 11
Marine0811 Do contrails form around low level clouds? [Generally not] Contrails and Chemtrails 124
M Claim: MH370 "thrown around like fighter jet in a bid to avoid radar source"? [Dubious] Flight MH370 11
Clock "They’ll warn that tyranny is always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices. Quotes Debunked 96
AluminumTheory Anonymous: False Flag 9/11 Style Attack in LA in May Be Imminent (on or around November 15th) Conspiracy Theories 16
Oxymoron How much of the Smoke Around WTC7 actually from WTC7? 9/11 20
Oxymoron Is there a conspiracy around chemical weapons attacks in Syria Conspiracy Theories 272
csotgr Chemtrails around the world Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Explained: JFK: "We are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy" Quotes Debunked 260
TEEJ Claimed "UFO" filmed from airliner over Turkey, 21st March 2018 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
Trailblazer Jet Airways intercept video "UFO" (airliner, flight LH998 or LH66?) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
TWCobra Flat earth Debunk-change in apparent altitude of clouds as seen from airliner Flat Earth 2
CeruleanBlu Airliner Emissions EPA Hearing General Discussion 13
MikeC Looking for a particular image - airliner contrail at takeoff Contrails and Chemtrails 9
Mick West Conspiracy or Accident? Piece of 9/11 Airliner found by planned Islamic Center in NY 9/11 60
MikeC Resource: airliner list by serial number Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Jay Reynolds Debunked: Only Four Airliner Flights/Day over Mt. Shasta, CA Contrails and Chemtrails 36
Related Articles

Related Articles