SWIR - Short Wave Infrared Camera System

Spongebob

Has this already been debunked?

This takes reflected light and color codes the properties of that surface depending on its make-up. So i decided to "revisit" Dec 14th 2012 directly over the Sandy Hook Event. This is what I found.

I don't know anything much about SWIR - but is he using his camera to look at a satellite photo?? If so I don't understand how it would "detect" anything at all, since the photo is not actually the substance.

And even in his own terms when he zooms in I can see there is clearly white and pink in the "chemtrails"....

OMG, that is just too silly. Apparently the video maker is either color blind (I doubt that) or just has a crappy monitor to view the imagery on. I am going with the latter since it says 'IPAD' in the upper left hand corner, but then bias makes us see what we want to see. If you look at the clouds shown and identified as clouds/contrails at time ~00:36 you will notice that the cloudy area over land (vegetation) does not show as detailed color wise as that segment over water due to graphic display properties. Now compare the 'over land' clouds of that time to that of time ~00:54 and wow, look at that....they look identical! In this case there really is nothing different to see here.

The images are real, they are using an iPad app called "The World Daily"
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-world-daily/id522706360?mt=8

It displays MODIS satellite images, you can view the same images on the web at:
http://earthdata.nasa.gov/labs/worldview/

The "Snow" image there is the "Corrected Reflectance (3-6-7) Terra / MODIS" image from WorldView.
http://earthdata.nasa.gov/labs/worl...ys&time=2012-12-14T12:00:00&switch=geographic

And they do show the trails as pink, it's just not that noticeable over the green landscape, as the trails are somewhat transparent. Note the segment of the contrail in the lower right that's over the ocean. It's the same as the high clouds they use as a reference, but when it's over land it seems a lot whiter, because it's also transmitting the reflected light from the ground.

What is shown in the video matches what you'd expect for spreading contrails, so the following claim is mistaken.

Last edited:
The 3,6,7 refers to the radiation bands used for Red, Green, and Blue.

MODIS (Terra) Corrected Reflectance (bands 3,6,7)The 3-6-7 composite assigns Bands 3, 6, and 7 to the red, green, and blue components of a digital image. This combination is good for revealing snow and ice because they are very reflective in the visible part of the spectrum, and very absorbent in Bands 6 and 7, which are a part of the spectrum called the short-wave infrared, or SWIR.

Snow and Ice
Since the only visible light used in these images (Band 3) is assigned to red, snow and ice appear bright red. The more ice, the stronger the absorption in the SWIR bands, and the more red the color. Thick ice and snow appear vivid red (or red-orange), while small ice crystals in high-level clouds will appear reddish-orange or peach.

Vegetation
Vegetation is absorbent in Band 3 and Band 7, but reflective in Band 6, and so will appear greenish in this band combination. Bare soil will appear bright cyan in the image since it much more reflective in Band 6 and Band 7 than Band 3.

Water

Liquid water on the ground will be very dark since it absorbs in the red and the SWIR, but small liquid water drops in clouds scatter light equally in both the visible and the SWIR, and will therefore appear white. Sediments in water appear dark red.
Content from External Source

ive seen images of Contrails right next to chemtrails, the chemtraisl do show small traces of water - because they are jets too flying through the same air, but 90% of the chemtrail does not show up in SWIR, where 90% of a contrail does show up in SWIR. Same app World daily, these trails are nonstop global, over every ocean and every landmass, very easy to compare with this App.

ive seen images of Contrails right next to chemtrails, the chemtraisl do show small traces of water - because they are jets too flying through the same air, but 90% of the chemtrail does not show up in SWIR, where 90% of a contrail does show up in SWIR. Same app World daily, these trails are nonstop global, over every ocean and every landmass, very easy to compare with this App.

Can you post an example? Or date & location?

incorrect, you can see the hi altitude ice crystal clouds over the green land quite clearly as large pink blobs, the trails essentially disappear all together, leaving only a faint thin line of moisture visible in only the newest trails(to be expected from planes traversing in atmospheric moisture. But the 150 square miles of "Contrail" coverage does not come even close to showing in the SWIR imaging. I have compared trails side by side and under SWIR, 1 trail essentially disappears, while the other becomes bright white with spots of pink.

incorrect, you can see the hi altitude ice crystal clouds over the green land quite clearly as large pink blobs, the trails essentially disappear all together, leaving only a faint thin line of moisture visible in only the newest trails(to be expected from planes traversing in atmospheric moisture. But the 150 square miles of "Contrail" coverage does not come even close to showing in the SWIR imaging. I have compared trails side by side and under SWIR, 1 trail essentially disappears, while the other becomes bright white with spots of pink.

Can you post an example?

kids with toys they have not been trained to use nor have put in the independent effort to teach themselves how to use...

this is NO different than the guys on tv running around with EM readers designed to investigate poorly grounded household/industrial wiring claiming to use them to track ghosts. if you look close they tend to find a "ghost" near electrical outlets/conduits/breakers/subpanels in 100 year old buildings...

Once you have decided its proof, we have almost zero ability to show you otherwise as the claim usually does not lie in fact but feeling, http://youarenotsosmart.com/2011/06/10/the-backfire-effect/

Back