Site running a bit slow

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of extra traffic from the Joe Rogan thing, the server is getting a bit overloaded. Have patience when submitting posts.

If we keep getting popular the NSA is going to have to spring another $20 a month!

Now we are getting a lot of extra traffic from Facebook to the FEMA coffins page. I have redirected the first page to a static cache, but it may still have a knock-on effect.

I suddenly had 1,200 simultaneous visitors when a normal high is 150.

After that, I though I'd try switching from Cloudflare to Google PageSpeed, after a brief period of "Welcome to nginx" error messages it seems to be running about twice as fast as before. Please let me know if you see oddness

Last edited:
Still seeing the "Welcome" message, but maybe just stuck in a cache between there and here.

Everything else humming along nicely.

Still seeing the "Welcome" message, but maybe just stuck in a cache between there and here.

Everything else humming along nicely.

When do you get the welcome message?

I was getting it when going to metabunk.org on mobile, but www.metabunk.org was fine. Do you still see it?

Last edited:
Hmm. Either caching, or DNS propagation.

DNS sounds likely, as you are in the back of beyond.

Time should fix it.

Aha, actually It was my error, A record out of date. Fixed now, but will take some time to whistle around the planet.

There you are. I'll delete my thread asking about it.

PS: Well, I don't see a way to do it. You can delete it.

Just FYI...I am seeing some strange graphics- on the header, name, alerts, and inbox indicators sort of merged into one...when I went to embed a video the box to do so was barely visible and it didn't display the URL when pasted but it did work and video showed up.

Its quite possible that the problems are me...but thought I would mention it.

Just FYI...I am seeing some strange graphics- on the header, name, alerts, and inbox indicators sort of merged into one...when I went to embed a video the box to do so was barely visible and it didn't display the URL when pasted but it did work and video showed up.

Its quite possible that the problems are me...but thought I would mention it.

I'd just fixed a couple of problems like that. Can you refresh the page, and try again, and maybe send me a screen-shot if it's still happening?

Back