Senior Member.
Should be interesting. I will try to be there. Tuesday, May 15, 9:00 am

Attachments

• Shasta Supes.doc
    2.3 MB · Views: 981
...to educate the board...
Content from External Source
oh, the irony.

Again, if it's livestreamed/recorded I'd be most grateful for a link.

There are more than 3000 counties in the US. Yet I keep hearing about Shasta County, California in connection with chemtrails again and again and again.
Is that because some of the initiators of the chemtrail hoax live in that county?

There are more than 3000 counties in the US. Yet I keep hearing about Shasta County, California in connection with chemtrails again and again and again.
Is that because some of the initiators of the chemtrail hoax live in that county?

Not the original initiators. But there is an active group there, including Dane Wigington and Francis Mangels who were a big part of the What In The World Are They Spraying? Film

Mount Shasta City is actually in Siskiyou County, but it's the same region. Anyplace known for having a lot of new age types will have its share of chemtrails believers.

Ah... so they got placed on the agenda. Last I heard on geoengineeringwatch radio Dane said their calls weren't even being returned. They are intending to mount a major effort with certain "experts" being brought in.

So they did get on the agenda. Last I heard on geoengineeringwatch radio, Dane Wigington was saying they wouldn't even return phone calls about it. It would be nice to use this opportunity mount a specific response in such a public venue. Do you plan to speak, Steve? What about reading a statement indicating that there is a group of people who are concerned about all the threats coming from chemtrail believers and then going down a list of Dane's usual talking points and debunking them? I'd like to see it said, flat out, that Dane's presentation contains proven false information.

PS: This would also be an opportunity to propose an organized debate. They can refuse or avoid, but at least it would be on the vid they plan to make that a debate challenge has been put forth.

So they did get on the agenda. Last I heard on geoengineeringwatch radio, Dane Wigington was saying they wouldn't even return phone calls about it. It would be nice to use this opportunity mount a specific response in such a public venue. Do you plan to speak, Steve? What about reading a statement indicating that there is a group of people who are concerned about all the threats coming from chemtrail believers and then going down a list of Dane's usual talking points and debunking them? I'd like to see it said, flat out, that Dane's presentation contains proven false information.

PS: This would also be an opportunity to propose an organized debate. They can refuse or avoid, but at least it would be on the vid they plan to make that a debate challenge has been put forth.

I do plan to speak. I will probably be limited to 3 minutes. I'm working a presentation. I'm asking for more time on the basis that I could be the only one representing the 95% who do not buy into this conspiracy theory, but I doubt I will get it. I will have a longer presentation to give the board in writing, and pick highlights from it to give orally, depending on what the speakers before me say. Chances are I will be edited out of their video. I know a few local skeptics, but I doubt any of them would be into a 120 mile round trip and spending all morning in Redding.

I do plan to speak. I will probably be limited to 3 minutes. I'm working a presentation. I'm asking for more time on the basis that I could be the only one representing the 95% who do not buy into this conspiracy theory, but I doubt I will get it. I will have a longer presentation to give the board in writing, and pick highlights from it to give orally, depending on what the speakers before me say. Chances are I will be edited out of their video. I know a few local skeptics, but I doubt any of them would be into a 120 mile round trip and spending all morning in Redding.
Focus on presenting clarifying facts like "contrails can persist for hours", according to 70 years of books on clouds" and "according to the USGS, soil here is ...% aluminum". Do that BEFORE addressing their claims. That way the facts are established first and you avoid reinforcing bunk.

maybe go to the fabric store tomorrow and buy yourself some "metabunk.org iron on letters for your tee :)

If you could just get a couple people to go with you you could triple your 'air time'. I wonder if you might have time to raise the idea of setting up a formal debate? Your 3 minutes will be soo limited to actually address specific issues. The UV radiation readings might be something to mention, if there is time, or something like the KC-10 images.

No takers so far on going to Redding on a 104 degree day. It took almost 15 minutes to read my draft written input.

Attachments

• Board of Supes package.doc
    8.2 MB · Views: 1,155
Is there still a misconception about where contrails can form because someone got the height wrong in an official response to a question that one time?
They're likely to bring it up ("contrails are scientifically impossible below blah, but here's a supposed 'contrail' at blah, therefore proof of kermtraylz"), so it would be handy to have a quick rebuttal worked out.

(sorry, I didn't read the document, can't on my computer)

(and obviously a slight memory fail, that's about the temperature not the height - however the height claim does seem to come up, ie, 'contrails impossible below X-thousand feet', which isn't always strictly true)

(and obviously a slight memory fail, that's about the temperature not the height - however the height claim does seem to come up, ie, 'contrails impossible below X-thousand feet', which isn't always strictly true)

Yes, they are always throwing around various statements on altitude and then claiming to have seen "low level spraying". Never any vid, though. NEVER.

Look Up appears to have invented a minimum altitude of 37000ft to go with that incorrect -57C figure

Look Up appears to have invented a minimum altitude of 37000ft to go with that incorrect -57C figure

AND, "Boom" goes the dynamite. Yup, lie....and if all else fails? LIE some more....this is the typical "chem"trail believer's mantra..........

EDIT: The HOAX of the "chemtrail" belief relies on false videos, false information....really, it is a HOAX and a MYTH....an "Urban Legend" that is easily dispelled with science, and just a bit of knowledge.

I'd be HAPPY to help, with the "knowledge" part.

No takers so far on going to Redding on a 104 degree day. It took almost 15 minutes to read my draft written input.

That seems really good. Maybe cut back the number of historical contrail examples to save time?

I question whether this statement is accurate: "...sublimated into microscopic water droplets..." Isn't sublimation when the ice turns back into water vapor?

Seeing as it's summer is it worth mentioning the lack of people burning in the streets with these levels of UVB? At Wigingtons claims sunburn by UVB would happen in minutes.

Just my opinion, but I think the 3 minutes would best be spent showing the threats left up on the websties/FBs of the hoax promoters that are in attendance. (added: if there is any) I highly doubt they are getting the time for any other reason than they are probably required by law to give time if enough people whine about something. Trying to counter their claims just bolsters them.

Just my opinion, but I think the 3 minutes would best be spent showing the threats left up on the websties/FBs of the hoax promoters that are in attendance. (added: if there is any) I highly doubt they are getting the time for any other reason than they are probably required by law to give time if enough people whine about something. Trying to counter their claims just bolsters them.

You might be right on both counts. 3 minutes just isn't enough time to go into the false claims. Selecting specific threats left on Dane's site is a heck of a good idea. They all say they are not advocating violence, but don't delete threats.

You might be right on both counts. 3 minutes just isn't enough time to go into the false claims. Selecting specific threats left on Dane's site is a heck of a good idea. They all say they are not advocating violence, but don't delete threats.
Probably one of the only things that will get the council to stop and think about things seriously. I doubt they take these claims serious.

Adding... Saying council like that sounds so evil! :)

So either @Steve Funk didn't make it in time or the supes were just pushing this through. None of Dane's people either?

/glad I don't have to deal directly with these guys anymore

Back