Shasta County Supervisors to discuss chemtrails

HOW (??) to counter the bunk? Facts and science don't seem to have any effect......
If the chemtrail mania spreads more and more because of this, I feel like there would be significant push back from actual scientists to debunk the myths.

I think we also need to remember that we are all really focused on this topic and interact with lots of true believers, but the large majority of people in the real world don't give any credence to the chemtrail theory. Look at the comments on that article posting livetweets of the meeting. Most people can recognize on the surface that the chemtrail theory seems wildly implausible.

If the chemtrail mania spreads more and more because of this, I feel like there would be significant push back from actual scientists to debunk the myths.

I certainly hope this happens. It's about time!

...but the large majority of people in the real world don't give any credence to the chemtrail theory.

Perhaps "we" are 'too focused'.

It continues to disturb me, though, when violence is suggested. We've seen the results of mis-directed and mis-guided "anger" before........

Most people never heard of it, and it will probably stay in the fringe unless someone commits a serious act of violence. Most likely against a plane.

Most people never heard of it, and it will probably stay in the fringe unless someone commits a serious act of violence. Most likely against a plane.

AND, that is exactly what I fear.

FB (and other social media venues) continue to spread nonsense...and violence WILL ensue, one day...because of this nonsense.

EDIT: UNLESS it is contained, by education.

So I believe the council unanimously decided that they needed to gather more information, which is fair if they aren't familiar with the issue, but I wonder what the response will be when they don't find anything suspicious.

Apparently someone who thinks she has Morgellons showed up and said chemtrails caused it. Someone should make the council aware of the CDC study.

Seems like it was just a whole bunch of unsubstantiated claims about what alleged chemtrails can/are do/doing.

What gets me is the people who claim being in ill health soon after seeing trails in the sky. The placebo/nocebo effect is way more powerful and pervasive than one would think. As a recovering hypochondriac, I know just how powerful anxiety can shape your well being, even in small amounts, if you believe something you are doing is very harmful. I feel empathy for these people as it is very distressing to believe you are being poisoned/diseased and it is out of your control.

I think it's good the council is going to gather more information. Perhaps they can put the issue to rest for the greater community, and other city council meetings that get called around the country can refer to the results of this meeting. I don't think it will sway many of those that do strongly believe in them, but I think negative results will definitely contain the influence of the chemtrail theory.

I did NOT see the live feed.

What does this mean? Was the nonsense of "chem"trails disputed/rebutted, or not??
that was the air pollution board, like 12 minutes only. sounds like a really really LONG session of letting everyone in the audience speak is a separate meeting.

It sounds like it was just a 'notice of concern', not a debate. Maybe that means they'll give it a cursory once over, then invite further comment if they think it's justified.

My guess is, that if enough people call/write and say they are concerned about leprechauns stealing their gold, they would have to give them time.

Some of the supervisors (David Kehoe, Bill Schappell) seemed to be sympathetic to the chemtrail activists. Maybe they found their arguments somewhat convincing.

Some of the supervisors (David Kehoe, Bill Schappell) seemed to be sympathetic to the chemtrail activists. Maybe they found their arguments somewhat convincing.
Maybe they were just trying too hard to not seem condescending or patronizing them.

The fact that David Kehoe lauded Dane Wigington and encouraged him to continue is troubling.

The fact that David Kehoe lauded Dane Wigington and encouraged him to continue is troubling.
I think it's great. if they can convince the tax payers to pay for some testing and a commission of professionals to go over Dane's evidence (which I doubt will happen :( it would put a big dent in the chemtrail fantasy and alleviate some fear for a lot of people. including pilots and passengers who have to worry about lasers.

So I believe the council unanimously decided that they needed to gather more information, which is fair if they aren't familiar with the issue, but I wonder what the response will be when they don't find anything suspicious.

It will all depend on whom they trust for their information.

What gets me is the people who claim being in ill health soon after seeing trails in the sky.

And they NEVER think about the fact that nothing "sprayed" some 5 miles over their heads would reach the ground anywhere NEAR where they are standing.

Youtube version (this is just the 12 minutes of the Air Pollution Board), not the much longer meeting later where Dane Wigington spoke.

Could someone see excessive wear on jet engine "impellers" from the outside of the engine?? Of course, the person actually making that claim is not identified, nor, it seems, available.

Could someone see excessive wear on jet engine "impellers"

What the HECK is a "jet engine impeller"??????

I mean....do these people think that a modern High Bypass Turbofan engine is just a "willy--nilly" thing??

Do ANY of these people understand the sort of engine monitoring programs that ALL major airlines have in place?? These programs are designed to obtain SCHEDULED monitoring info for these engines....for SAFETY and RELIABILITY!

Back in my day, on the Boeing 727....I had to WRITE into a log book, at least ONCE on any flight longer than one hour....the engine parameters at cruise.

Later, it was encoded into the ACARS....same thing with the DC-10 that I flew. (We typed it into the ACARS....line-by-line....hard to describe, here. But, you just DID it!!!)

NOW.....these engine parameters are taken as a "Snap-shot" by the automation, and recorded....ALL as part of an airline's engine monitoring program, and part of the on-going maintenance procedures....ALL to comply with (in the United States) FAA requirements. Other jurisdictions are similar, Internationally.

I mean....do these people think that a modern High Bypass Turbofan engine is just a "willy--nilly" thing??

Do ANY of these people understand the sort of engine monitoring programs that ALL major airlines have in place?? These programs are designed to obtain SCHEDULED monitoring info for these engines....for SAFETY and RELIABILITY!

Back in my day, on the Boeing 727....I had to WRITE into a log book, at least ONCE on any flight longer than one hour....the engine parameters at cruise.

Later, it was encoded into the ACARS....same thing with the DC-10 that I flew. (We typed it into the ACARS....line-by-line....hard to describe, here. But, you just DID it!!!)

NOW.....these engine parameters are taken as a "Snap-shot" by the automation, and recorded....ALL as part of an airline's engine monitoring program, and part of the on-going maintenance procedures....ALL to comply with (in the United States) FAA requirements. Other jurisdictions are similar, Internationally.

It's in that vid. I think the last speaker. Check it and see what he says. Maybe I got it wrong.

They probably meant the fan. However, for completeness:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeller#Impellers_in_gas_turbine_.28turboprop.29_engines

Impellers in gas turbine (turboprop) engines[edit]
Some turboprop engines use an impeller instead of an axial compressor. For example the Pratt & Whitney Canada PW100 uses a two-stage compressor with a low power impeller discharging air pressure on the high power impeller which compresses the air again into the combustion chamber. The fuel is mixed in at over 200 psi (1,400 kPa) and the mixture burns in the combustion chamber. The reason for using an impeller instead of an axial compressor is that the engine's length can be reduced.
Content from External Source

Impellers are used in the simplest forms of jet engines:

PW100 is used for turboprops. And no, you would not be able to see wear on the impeller.

And if there's something in the fuel, it's only going to affect the turbine blades, even deeper in the engine.

And if there's something in the fuel, it's only going to affect the turbine blades, even deeper in the engine.

The speaker also allowed for the possibility that the wear was coming from flying through previously laid trails. I guess that could affect even the fan at the front of the engine. Of course it would also be abrading the entire frontal area of the plane.

I'm not sure the Siskiyuo County supervisors are aware of all the arguments' terminology.
Such council meetings anywhere, would do well with a plain scientific description, backed-up with info-based paper handouts. Such handouts are normally allowed, and encouraged at these meetings......given to each supervisor as reference.

Last edited:
So at the end of the day the supervisors have decided to get answers from the authorities by ending them a video. Some poor sod at the EPA is going to be really happy to see yet another video link.

I noticed the absence of Matthew Sutton of AECOM. He would have been a real scoop for the CT cause.

Arguments like this, perhaps?

https://www.facebook.com/events/422912351127197/permalink/424386160979816/

I just sent a letter to David Kehoe, Leonard Moty, Pam Giacomini, Bill Schappell, Les Baugh! Hope to hear back from all or atleast one of them. (Our district supervisors of Shasta County)
Content from External Source

Back