Photos of Clouds and Skies (That you took yourself)

Contrail over Ankor Watt, Siem Reap Cambodia about a week ago.
Also a 2014 Xmas eve contrail over Mekong River, Ho Chi Min City near to Cu Chi tunnels and visible for an hour's boat trip back to Ho Chi Min City ferry wharf. The two vietnam pics are the same contrail viewed from different boat locations over that period. Xmas eve.... could have been Santa

Attachments

• F0014094.JPG
    F0014094.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 425
  • F0010824.JPG
    F0010824.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 497
  • F0010838.JPG
    F0010838.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 461
Thought I'd try a snap of a moonlit contrail, particularly as Jupiter was in-shot. Unfortunately, a street light was also in peripheral view (to the right) otherwise it might have been slightly better contrast/quality.

I have to say, the SRM pilot/program has a touch of fail about it, don't ya think? :pIMG_20150203_191012.jpg

Some much needed rain heading our way, with these's "newly invented clouds" Undulatus Asperatus heralding things.

Some much needed rain heading our way, with these's "newly invented clouds" Undulatus Asperatus heralding things.

We had a little of that action on Jan. 26 in Bakersfield. The system only rained enough to get the bottom of our rain gauge wet. I hope you get some significant totals, without getting too much from the Pineapple Express.

DSCF1059.jpg

We had a little of that action on Jan. 26 in Bakersfield. The system only rained enough to get the bottom of our rain gauge wet. I hope you get some significant totals, without getting too much from the Pineapple Express.

We're getting plenty. It just stopped, but more on the way.

Sky now looks like this:

It's a mixed blessing :) We had about three inches of rain yesterday. And the pretty sky did not last. This is it now:

But yes.

It will be raining soon for you- if it isn't already. It has been pouring here in the N.Bay since about 6am...I have received about 5 inches since Friday...and still pouring.

It will be raining soon for you- if it isn't already. It has been pouring here in the N.Bay since about 6am...I have received about 5 inches since Friday...and still pouring.

It sure is. And to keep on topic, here's the sky outside my window, in reflection:

100_1165.JPG
Ok I didn't take this but my girlfriend did. This was Winnipeg. I am assuming the long gaps in the otherwise solid cloudbank are probably caused by high flying aircraft somehow.

Here is a pic that I took from my property. First one AutoAwesome did its thing, the second one is same pic without filter:

all pretty cool.

Here is a pic that I took from my property. First one AutoAwesome did its thing, the second one is same pic without filter:
all pretty cool.
Great image. The unfiltered one is much better IMO. There's too many overprocessed images on the Internet these days and they simply look fake to me. The lower image in your post is simply a great shot of a dramatic sky made even better with the nicely silhouette trees in the foreground.

sunset over the North Sea with a lot of sunlit contrails against a background of cirrocumulus clouds, and windmills on the horizonDSC_0300.JPG

Beautiful fallstreak over Amsterdam (or actually quite a bit away) today, looking south-west (excuse me for the patriotic Dutch flag :))

IMG_2343.JPG

And as a bonus a nice sharp cloud front.

IMG_2324.JPG

IMG_2335.JPG

A beautiful day in Northern California...some little popcorn showers blowing up with what little convection there is on a cool February day. If you look closely you can see San Francisco off in the distance about 30 miles as the crow flies.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

A beautiful morning in south-Western Australia (01/03/2015), later the sky clouded over completely. I will add that the camera greatly enhanced the blue in the sky, down here it's much more 'washed out'.

Does this count? It was the only cloud I saw all day and I felt a bit sorry for it :)

Pt. Reyes National Seashore.

Its the first bike ride I have ever taken where I saw elk and sharks on the same ride.

Good day.

IMG_1448.JPG

Beautiful sky when I came home for lunch. March 10, 2015, 12:30 pm over Bakersfield, CA. Wish I had a wider angle lens to capture it all.

DSCF1196.jpg DSCF1201.jpg DSCF1204.jpg DSCF1205.jpg DSCF1210.jpg DSCF1217.jpg

On my way back home from Germany. It was quite cloudy in Europe. I saw a sharp cloud on the way.
IMG_20150314_154652.jpg
I saw more on the way but couldn't focus properly (my phone doesn't like taking pictures on the plane :D). What I saw interesting about these clouds is that they seem to break apart like icebergs from the ice sheet.
IMG_20150314_153534.jpg

And, nearer the horizon, white clouds on dark sky. On the same side of you as the sun. A nice illustration that shadows are not always intuitive.

It was an interesting (well, interesting to me) sky here yesterday. I also took this. I think that might be the same linear cloud structure at the bottom of the photo.
IMG_6814_tonemapped-aw.jpg

This is Shingle Springs, CA, (just east of Sacramento) here's the region:
https://earthdata.nasa.gov/labs/wor...40625,35.75390625,-118.2392578125,40.25390625

Back