Nearly Vertical Trail over Garden Grove

Fix-it-man

I hope I can discuss a con or chem trail I observed today, did not find any news about it. I was in garden grove California today around 11 am and looked to the south east, possibly from along the coast observed a almost vertical trail, which seemed odd because of the trajectory, what other than a rocket could make a climb almost straight up. Directly vertical? It didn't look as if it were a pair of engines, perhaps a single engine. How can I find information on this?

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Garden Grove My Hometown . Im sure it was just a contrail but your image of the space shuttle is wrong , at least from where I live .

Not wrong, just viewed from a different angle. The Shuttle is interesting as it was not going straight up, but unlike a plane actually is going up at a significant angle.

The following two photos show the same thing, viewed from different angles.

As are these:

Last edited:

NoParty

Senior Member.
Okay, these three shots probably don't add much to the Gateway Arch example…but they give me an excuse to recommend it: If you ever have a
chance to ride to the top, folks…take it…it's an awesome experience & view of the "Dred Scott courthouse," Busch Stadium & the Mississippi River.
Arch from below r.jpg
Gateway frontal shot r.jpg
Gateway windos at top r.jpg

J

Joe

I understand what you are saying but appearance is everything to a observer .

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
But it's nothing to a correct understanding of the event in three dimensional space, for that you need to think beyond the personal viewpoint and take an overview to understand why things appear the way they do.

Svartbjørn

Senior Member.
But it's nothing to a correct understanding of the event in three dimensional space, for that you need to think beyond the personal viewpoint and take an overview to understand why things appear the way they do.

Hence the old adage "believe half of what you see and none of what you hear."

WeedWhacker

I hope I can discuss a con or chem trail I observed today, did not find any news about it. I was in garden grove California today around 11 am and looked to the south east, possibly from along the coast observed a almost vertical trail, which seemed odd because of the trajectory, what other than a rocket could make a climb almost straight up. Directly vertical? It didn't look as if it were a pair of engines, perhaps a single engine. How can I find information on this?

Just to add to the already excellent responses. I live in RPV...and when I was out and about today, noticed that we had some contrail activity, usually a precursor to impending weather fronts and changes heading our way.

But, I was out this PM, not at the 11 AM hour. However, the other replies covered everything that needed to be explained.

WeedWhacker

Interesting with the shuttle launch, it looks like it actually is traveling in an arc, up, then down, when really it's just going up. A combination of persecutive, and the curvature of the earth

THOSE are absolutely stunning photos!! Brilliant!

EDIT: Had to copy/save those, for the desktop!

WeedWhacker

Here's an even more straight up-down image. Remember this is never actually going down, just away and around the Earth:
http://www.tcpalm.com/photos/2011/feb/23/288426/

I am going to add, and state the obvious...just in case it isn't "obvious" to all...these photos appear to be time-lapse exposures...or more correctly, since it's a single photo, a VERY long single exposure, with a very small aperture, so as not to over-expose the film...this is important to comprehend, how the "magic" of photography can expand our Human visual eye/cortex perception.

On the topic of contrails....sometimes actual time-lapse, this case a few frames every minute, compressed into a "fast speed" video presentation, can better illustrate real contrails, and cirrus clouds...and OTHER clouds as well:

There are countless other examples...

WeedWhacker

I am going to add, and state the obvious...just in case it isn't "obvious" to all...these photos appear to be time-lapse exposures...or more correctly, since it's a single photo, a VERY long single exposure, with a very small aperture, so as not to over-expose the film...this is important to comprehend, how the "magic" of photography can expand our Human visual eye/cortex perception.

On the topic of contrails....sometimes actual time-lapse, this case a few frames every minute, compressed into a "fast speed" video presentation, can better illustrate real contrails, and cirrus clouds...and OTHER clouds as well:

There are countless other examples...

JUST to add, a few more from YouTube...this time, specifically noted to be time-lapses of contrails:

TEEJ

Senior Member.
Just an illusion.

Florida 2008

News article for the Florida 2008 contrail

http://keysnews.com/node/9385

JRBids

Senior Member.
Yet none of them are also asking why the clouds are coming out of the ground?

I have seen a couple of posts where people think they're coming out of the ground. Or think there is a "cloud machine" in the distance.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
M Claim: Study finds nearly all scientific papers controlled by six corporations? Conspiracy Theories 1
Bunkmeister Need help with calculating vertical speed of ascending shadow at sunset Flat Earth 13
JFDee Falcon Heavy First Launch - Vertical Rocket Contrail Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 3
Mick West Plane with Vertical Black Stripes Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 25
A Request: Show a spot of specular reflection transforming into a trail of specular reflection Flat Earth 4
Mick West White Streak & Trail over N. California Dec 19 2018 - Meteor? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Mick West Deer Eyes Reflected in Trail Camera UFOs and Aliens 7
Marine0811 Bent Trail seen over Greenville, SC [AA 1630] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Trailspotter Where did the third trail go? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
steve holmes Please ID this trail Contrails and Chemtrails 6
386 Small Green Anomaly with Blue Trail (Night Sky Photography) [Lens Flare/Reflection] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 22
Mick West Unusual Trail on the Russian Su-24 shot down By Turkey Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Trailspotter Unusually shaped trail over East Anglia Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Marin B A Single Thick Solitary Trail Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 9
Mick West Unusual Segment of Trail on KLAS-TV, Alamo, Las Vegas Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
JFDee Debunked: Sea Creature in New Zealand (Boat Trail on Google Maps) Ghosts, Monsters, and the Paranormal 9
C Trail that forms curving shapes Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 21
Marine0811 90 Degree plane trail? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 77
Marine0811 Plane trail at wings, none at engines? [Aerodynamic contrails, no flaps] Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Mick West Two planes at the "Same" Altitude, only one leaves a trail Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 16
T Debunk: Chemtrails leave no space between aircraft and the beginning of the trail. Contrails and Chemtrails 7
TWCobra ILuyshin-96 oil leak photo (trail from single engine) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Marsiil KSDK - Chem-Trail Testing Contrails and Chemtrails 2
JFDee Meteorite trail near Chelyabinsk, Russia Contrails and Chemtrails 48
MikeC Meteor trail Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Related Articles

Related Articles