Looking for a map

MikeC

Closed Account
Somewhere in a thread on here we looked at the correlation between RHi & contrails & there was a series of maps posted mostly showing higher RHi around the equator - but I cant' find it now afte about an hour of searching :(

If this rings a bell with anyone can you point me at it?

Ta

Thanks, but no - I found that one.

The one I'm looking for had (IIRC) global maps, and most of the areas of high RHi were around the equator. It was part of a discussion of just how common RHi is, and so how often should persistent contrails form - the figure 1% of flights featured, or some similar low number.

Thanks, but no - I found that one.

The one I'm looking for had (IIRC) global maps, and most of the areas of high RHi were around the equator. It was part of a discussion of just how common RHi is, and so how often should persistent contrails form - the figure 1% of flights featured, or some similar low number.

TBH it does sound like you're talking about the MOZAIC project

Thanks - I just searched for that - not what I remembered tho....thanks for your efforts.

Colour I think - it was part of a discussion about how come there are so many persistent contrails if studies show that only about 1% (?) of the sky is supersaturated.

Colour I think - it was part of a discussion about how come there are so many persistent contrails if studies show that only about 1% (?) of the sky is supersaturated.

I thought it was about 16% of the time conditions were conducive for trailing.

Was it a map produced by NOAA or some other agency? Because NOAA and NASA have a wealth of information these days on their websites, and a lot of it is climate related data. And do you happen to remember what sensor the data was from?

I don't recall sorry - it was posted in a discussion here in the last 2-3 months about how persistent contrails should be rare since so little of the sky was supersaturated - that's about all I remember.

Back