Look-Up "No more lies" campaign

Just going through Ian's spiel on David Lim and found this:

2. David stated categorically that short trails were normal contrails, and that we regularly see them at 26,000ft and above. This is completely untrue, and unforgivable. The MET office official figures are -57 Celsius and above 37,000ft
Content from External Source
I had seen the -57C reference before on Metabunk but never the altitude. These two figures are very close to the International Standard Atmosphere (ISA) position of the tropopause being: 36,089 feet or 11000 metres and -56.5C.

I think someone at the UK Met office got confused and quoted the tropopause definition. Just a hunch.

See here:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/uk-met-office-claim-contrail-form-below-57c.3152/

I hope this was meant with sarcasm. (Difficult to tell, in these Forums).

When I brush my teeth, and the gums bleed a little...and then I rinse with an alcohol-based mouthwash (such as Listerine), same thing happens. I don't suppose the alcohol in the wine has anything to do with the effect?? [/sarcasm]

We used to own a winery. You could see lots of that if you chose to gaze into the bucket some people spit the wine into when they were tasting. My husband the winemaker says it has to do with the tannins. I found this:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11106991

Look-Up has also commented on a photo of a fall-streak hole, claiming that such clouds cannot consist of ice because they have been observed as low as 25,000ft during summer, where the "altitude and temperature do not allow ice formation".

capture.JPG

Leaving aside the matter of how Look-Up have determined this altitude from ground level, what is the typical air temperature at 25,000ft over the UK during summer?

Here is a link to the latest soundings for Nottingham, in the English Midlands.

25,000ft = 7,620 metres. Looking at the relevant level in the observations, we can see that the temperature at this altitude is approximately -34ºC. Plenty cold enough for ice crystals to be present.

obs.png

It's *almost* worth desecrating a rare volume to see his response.

I'll have to dig in my basement, there are at least three old World Book encyclopedias down there in unusable condition, one of them is old enough that Neptune isn't in it. I'd be glad to mail him a few pages if it's intact.

I'd be glad to mail him a few pages if it's intact.

Don't forget to photograph the books all around, and photograph cutting out the pages and scan them for future reference in case he alters anything.

Anyway he's now saying maybe the name existed but they're applying it wrong. Goalposts.

If you're in a town with a very old used book shop, they might have others in their basement, too, that they can't sell.

It's *almost* worth desecrating a rare volume to see his response.

I'll have to dig in my basement, there are at least three old World Book encyclopedias down there in unusable condition, one of them is old enough that Neptune isn't in it. I'd be glad to mail him a few pages if it's intact.
Can you get a pic of the "contrail" entry from them?

I'll check that, too. Hopefully the C volume is intact, I know everything from P forward was ruined at some point.

Anyway he's now saying maybe the name existed but they're applying it wrong. Goalposts.
I could get behind a lot more sports if they worked by his rules.

The latest natural phenomenon that Ian claims has been invented to cover up the conspiracy is moonbows.

Capture.PNG

https://www.facebook.com/look.up.96387?fref=ufi

Surely this must be trolling by this stage?

Obviously the photo doesn't depict the scene as it would be seen by the naked eye, as the description states:

Because the moon is much less bright than the sun, 'moonbows' are much fainter than daytime rainbows and you'll need to take a photograph and use a long exposure time to see all the colours (as in the photo below).
This particular photo used a 30-second exposure and it was taken at Victoria Falls, where there is a ready supply of water droplets in the air, as I can personally attest!

This "new invention" was mentioned in Aristotle's Meteorology in 350BC. In more recent times, but still "pre-chemtrail", here is a nice photo from Life magazine, 17 May 1963.

Capture.PNG

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...AJ&ved=0CCcQuwUwATg8#v=onepage&q=moon&f=false

Could anyone who isn't blocked post this picture on Ian's page?

Edit: More evidence from the 1960s...

photo4.jpg

That is from this book:

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Last edited:
new topics in new threads please! ;)
This is all the same topic: the "campaign" claims that well-known meteorological phenomena are really some new developments caused by chemtrails, and that the Met Office is complicit in some kind of cover-up.

From looking at some chemtrail sites it seems they believe that the only cloud type that existed before 1995 was white fluffy cumulus in a deep azure sky.

(A bit like this, photographed on Sunday by me!)
image.jpg

The 'shark-jumping' over at Look Up is getting more & more bizarre:
Look UpAndrew Palmer - if i told you they were dropping spiders as well would you believe me? The main species is this, with stripy legs and very long front legs. They seem to gravitate to windows or any light source. You see them a lot in trees and on washing lines as they have fallen from the sky. I sent one to the Natural History Museun and they identified it as a Missing Sector Orb Weaver and claim it is native, but these really don't loo the same. The image here is the alrgest one i have caught so far. I have filmed them falling from the sky several times and caught them literally from the air. We think the planes doing this come from Liege, which is why i went there to scope the place and found the white plane i posted recently. Why spiders? No idea yet, but probably all part of the drive to convince us the world is warming, and so they will claim the spread of invasive species. because i don't know exactly what they are yet, there is no way of knowing if they are poisonous. Worrying !
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1491460591093132&set=p.1491460591093132&type=1&theater

Apologies if this seems a little OT, but I didn't think it warranted a new topic and the inherent irony of of this topic title seemed to fit.

The latest natural phenomenon that Ian claims has been invented to cover up the conspiracy is moonbows.

Capture.PNG

https://www.facebook.com/look.up.96387?fref=ufi

Surely this must be trolling by this stage?

Obviously the photo doesn't depict the scene as it would be seen by the naked eye, as the description states:

Because the moon is much less bright than the sun, 'moonbows' are much fainter than daytime rainbows and you'll need to take a photograph and use a long exposure time to see all the colours (as in the photo below).
This particular photo used a 30-second exposure and it was taken at Victoria Falls, where there is a ready supply of water droplets in the air, as I can personally attest!

This "new invention" was mentioned in Aristotle's Meteorology in 350BC. In more recent times, but still "pre-chemtrail", here is a nice photo from Life magazine, 17 May 1963.

Capture.PNG

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...AJ&ved=0CCcQuwUwATg8#v=onepage&q=moon&f=false

Could anyone who isn't blocked post this picture on Ian's page?

Edit: More evidence from the 1960s...

photo4.jpg

That is from this book:

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

And Kentucky are apparently even trying to earn tourism money from this fake natural phenomenon! since 1987...

Edit: Not sure about the age of the sign? States "1987" in lower left corner and "1801" in the lower right corner.

Last edited:
The 'shark-jumping' over at Look Up is getting more & more bizarre:
Look UpAndrew Palmer - if i told you they were dropping spiders as well would you believe me? The main species is this, with stripy legs and very long front legs. They seem to gravitate to windows or any light source. You see them a lot in trees and on washing lines as they have fallen from the sky. I sent one to the Natural History Museun and they identified it as a Missing Sector Orb Weaver and claim it is native, but these really don't loo the same. The image here is the alrgest one i have caught so far. I have filmed them falling from the sky several times and caught them literally from the air. We think the planes doing this come from Liege, which is why i went there to scope the place and found the white plane i posted recently. Why spiders? No idea yet, but probably all part of the drive to convince us the world is warming, and so they will claim the spread of invasive species. because i don't know exactly what they are yet, there is no way of knowing if they are poisonous. Worrying !
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1491460591093132&set=p.1491460591093132&type=1&theater

Apologies if this seems a little OT, but I didn't think it warranted a new topic and the inherent irony of of this topic title seemed to fit.

I think if Ian continues along this route of ever more bizarre claims, even his followers are going to start deserting him.

Incidentally "stripy legs and very long front legs", is indeed a perfect description of the missing-sector orb weaver, which is very widespread in Britain (and Europe as a whole).

This species is the most common of our missing-sector orb weavers and familiar to most people, even if they don’t realize it.

Distribution and habitat:

FIGURE 1. Simplified distribution ofZygiella x-notata. The darker the shade of brown, the more records of the spider. Based on the data in the Provisional atlas (Harvey et al, 2002).

Nationally Zygiella x-notata is widespread. It is usually found around buildings and structures, and its apparent distribution in the UK reflects this with the highest densities of records in the heavily populated urban areas. The species has its centre in Europe, but is cosmopolitan, probably having been transported around the world by man.
No doubt "Look Up" will find that last sentence to be evidence of conspiracy!

I may have just missed seeing this claim before, but Look Up are now including "short lived trails" as part of the 'conspiracy'.
In answer to a question about 'how can you tell they are spraying fibres?' his response is:
The appearance and behaviour of the short lived trails, and from repeated observation. Every time we see short trails, we get hazy skies. Over a year that consistent observation because strong circumstantial evidence, especially when combined with the other evidence.
5 September at 06:14
This seems to be a newer extension of their claims. If I'm interpreting it all correctly, their position now seems to be that persistent contrails are 'geoengineering', but short contrails are for spraying 'fibrous' materials. This contention alone seems to be another way they are distinguishing themselves from the 'movement'.
Cake and eat it?

Who'd have though Metabunk was that important?

Here is the form to report abuse, such as harassment, ridicule, personal attacks, plagiarism, breach of copyright etc) to enom.

eNom host Metabunk !

Please, if you want to get rid of Metabunk - the largest single obstacle to our collective efforts to raise awareness in the mainstream, report them and their iresponsible, reckless and offensive behaviour to eNnom.

Let's do this !
http://www.enom.com/help/abusepolicy.aspx

He appears to want to stop Metabunkers commenting on his statements here. In the end, it's part of his effort to silence criticism, as he deletes and blocks anyone asking even mildly critical questions. Now he wants to extend that.

I guess it'd be easier to just post less bunk, but that does not seem to work for everyone.

Ian's also issued a rather odd challenge regarding a video of a plane taking off, with a prize of some flyers, but no-one has taken him up on it yet.

This is an interesting video, and one which will be used against us, but which actually works in our favour. Lets see if you all get we mean.
If anyone can identify the model, serial and location that would help us.

There are several things about this that show that what we see over Europe are clearly not condensation. Prize (bunch of free flyers) for anyone who gets them all, or who think of something we haven't considered.
The video is this one - http://www.avsimrus.com/f/on-the-ground-videos-99/vzlet-tu-204-47644.html?action=viewonline

of a TU-204 taking off in temperatures of -45c and leaving a very impressive trail. It had already been discussed here last year -https://www.metabunk.org/threads/looking-for-a-particular-image-airliner-contrail-at-takeoff.2836/

Weirdly, Ian asks for the location, model and serial number, all of which can be found in the link and video (Tupolev TU-204 RA-64021 taking off from Yakutsk Airport).

The video is worth watching for the sound alone.... crank it up! :)

Ray Von

Add lake-effect snow to the long list of weather that Ian thinks is "new and artificial".

https://www.facebook.com/look.up.96387/posts/1493210794251445

Do we have any members here from the Great Lakes region? I think they might be able to tell him a thing or two about this phenomenon.

I grew up in Western NY and I know all about lake effect snow. My grand mother lived in South Buffalo and when the wind blew North West and the temp was below 32F she would get feet of snow. I remember onetime where her house got 3 feet of snow and you drove a few blocks North and they had only a trace of snow. This would continue until the lake froze over. Any change in the wind direction radically changed who got buried by snow and who got next to nothing.

I'm from Michigan, so my life is basically ruled by the lake effect. We tend to get more regularity than where Blargo grew up - pretty much everybody gets to suffer in equality when they live in Michigan.

Before we actually knew big lakes caused it, it was still sometimes called the "Great Lakes effect" because sometimes people living around the Great Lakes a brutal snowy winter while the rest of the continent got a mild one. This was a known thing even back when Michigan was nothing but the lumber camps around Fort Detroit and Fort Saginaw, it was just part of living here, one of those things they don't tell people before they move in. Like half of the minor towns in Michigan have the same early history: "The first settlers came to cut trees or grow corn, and had a great summer. Then the first winter killed them all and fifty years later our town was founded on the ruins of theirs."

And, yeah, like Blargo posted, it comes down to whether the lakes freeze or not. A hot summer means a brutal winter around the lakes because the water's warm. It just never freezes and keeps evaporating, so we keep getting those thick bands of clouds just streaming off the lake dropping foot after foot of wet, sticky misery for us to shovel up.

It's also part of why the Great Lakes are one of the densest areas of shipwrecks in the world. Forget the Burmuda Triangle, the lakes literally have wrecks on top of older wrecks.

Last edited:
And, yeah, like Blargo posted, it comes down to whether the lakes freeze or not. A hot summer means a brutal winter around the lakes because the water's warm. It just never freezes and keeps evaporating, so we keep getting those thick bands of clouds just streaming off the lake dropping foot after foot of wet, sticky misery for us to shovel up.
I'm a snow lover, so that sounds like heaven to me, but if you had to live with it I can see it would get old pretty fast!

Anyway, Ian ought to know about lake effect snow, because we do get it on a very minor scale in the UK when the wind comes from the east. A cold wind blowing from Scandinavia or Siberia can bury the east coasts (East Anglia and Kent in particular) as it blows over the relatively warm waters of the North Sea and English Channel.

I remember back in February 2009 there was a classic example of a "Thames streamer", which dumped about 30-40cm of snow (a huge amount by British standards) along a very narrow strip just south of London, thanks to an east wind passing over the warm waters of the Thames estuary.

upload_2014-9-8_15-32-41.png

If you look at this Apollo 9 photograph

Good find! Apollo 9 flew in March, 1969:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_9

(I happen to be a bit familiar with the 'Apollo Program'....in fact the entire Mercury, Gemini AND Apollo Programs combined).

When it involves images of cloud patterns, as photographed from space, we don't even need to rely on Apollo (or Gemini, or Mercury) but a VAST compilation of satellite imagery that has also existed, since at least the 1960s.....

Lake effect is something I experienced in 1979, one of the strongest winters in the Netherlands in my lifetime. Between Papenveer were I lived, and Langeraar were my school was, there are lakes (Langeraarse Plassen) and there is a bicycle road between those lakes that was inaccessable due to snow a meter high. I had to go by bicycle to school, no problem in Papenveer till I got to the lakes.

image.jpg

In Upstate NY in the '80s, there was a local superhero comic strip run in the Syracuse newspaper called "Captain 'Cuse" (by Joe Orzak). His main nemesis was Lake Effect, a villain with various snow-related powers:

Last edited:
Ian's also issued a rather odd challenge regarding a video of a plane taking off, with a prize of some flyers, but no-one has taken him up on it yet.

This is an interesting video, and one which will be used against us, but which actually works in our favour. Lets see if you all get we mean.
If anyone can identify the model, serial and location that would help us.

There are several things about this that show that what we see over Europe are clearly not condensation. Prize (bunch of free flyers) for anyone who gets them all, or who think of something we haven't considered.
The video is this one - http://www.avsimrus.com/f/on-the-ground-videos-99/vzlet-tu-204-47644.html?action=viewonline

of a TU-204 taking off in temperatures of -45c and leaving a very impressive trail. It had already been discussed here last year -https://www.metabunk.org/threads/looking-for-a-particular-image-airliner-contrail-at-takeoff.2836/

Weirdly, Ian asks for the location, model and serial number, all of which can be found in the link and video (Tupolev TU-204 RA-64021 taking off from Yakutsk Airport).

The video is worth watching for the sound alone.... crank it up! :)

Ray Von

Ian Simpson has posted the following in regards to the Tu-204 video. :rolleyes:

upload_2014-9-13_23-9-49.png

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Look-Uporguk/1410029482561123

Back