Hulsey UAF report DATA RELEASE: analysis thread

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Hello guys and gals. I'm new here but read for a long time. Thanks Mick for the great work.

I just wanted to say that they just released the data.
Thanks

Open Data
All input data, results data, and simulations that were used or generated during this study can be downloaded as a ZIP file by clicking the link below:

Download UAF WTC 7 Files

Please be advised that the size of this ZIP file is 256 GB and that, after unzipping the file, the size of the folder containing all of the files is 632 GB. Therefore, downloading the ZIP file and unzipping it will require approximately 900 GB of storage space.

Help Ensure an Open and Transparent Scientific Process
The files contained in this download will enable any person with the requisite software tools to examine and replicate all of the computer analyses performed during this study.

Content from External Source

A 238 GB zip file. That's going to take a few days for me to download with my rural internet. Perhaps one of you city folk could download it, and see what it contains.

https://files.wtc7report.org/file/public-download/UAF+WTC+7+Zip+File/UAF+WTC+7+Files.zip

I can't quite see why that took an extra two weeks to get it online. But at least they have extended the deadline for comments.
Following the release of the UAF WTC 7 draft report on September 3, 2019, there will be a two-month public comment period ending on November 15, 2019. The final report will be released later this year.

A 238 GB zip file. That's going to take a few days for me to download with my rural internet. Perhaps one of you city folk could download it, and see what it contains.

https://files.wtc7report.org/file/public-download/UAF+WTC+7+Zip+File/UAF+WTC+7+Files.zip

I have relative fast internet (about 1 gb/s downloads) and it is currently estimating that it will take me 6-7 hours to download the files, so there is definitely a server-side bottleneck. I'll leave it running all night and see if I have the files in the morning.

While I'm waiting for them to download, I will say that I wish they also said exactly which software (including the exact version no. and any extensions, etc.) they used so that I could better evaluate the cost of obtaining the licenses necessary to access their files exactly as they did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recommend using wget with infinite retries, like:

Code:
wget -c --retry-connrefused --tries=0 --timeout=5 https://files.wtc7report.org/file/public-download/UAF+WTC+7+Zip+File/UAF+WTC+7+Files.zip

It's currently downloading at about 1mb/s here (I've got a 10mb/s connection). I'm guessing several people are downloading it.

I have relative fast internet (about 1 gb/s downloads) and it is currently estimating that it will take me 6-7 hours to download the files, so there is definitely a server-side bottleneck. I'll leave it running all night and see if I have the files in the morning.

If you do, then maybe you could dropbox the unzipped folder? It shouldn't download much slower, as Dropbox will recompress the files for download.

I unzipped the first 7GB, and got this:

Metabunk 2019-10-15 22-24-47.jpg

A couple of interesting doc files (attached)

Unfortunately, I won't have time to look at them for a few days. But this looks interesting, composite and non-composite beams. Metabunk 2019-10-15 22-34-09.jpg

Metabunk 2019-10-15 22-35-06.jpg

The language isn't really clear there.

Attachments

• New Microsoft Word Document.docx
    3.6 MB · Views: 616
  • 05172017.docx
    4 MB · Views: 550
I downloaded the whole 238 gb file last night, but was unfortunately met with nothing but errors this morning when I tried to open it. Here's my attempt to open it with the latest version of winzip:

upload_2019-10-16_9-18-50.png
Window's explorer also choked on it and gave a similar error, saying it was an invalid file.

I have a pretty beefy PC (9900K, 32 gbs ram, 2080 ti, ~5 tb+ free HD space), so I doubt its a hardware issue, but I suppose it could be, depending on how zip programs manage memory. Or it could be a software issue. What did you use to successfully access some of the files, Mick?

If I can verify that the files are accessible, I'll put them on dropbox today.

Trying to download ("Save link as...") using Chrome, I get rates between 1 and 2 MB/s, which would take about 2 days. But after only like 1 or 2 GB, I get "network errors", download stops, and when I resume, it restarts from zero.

So I try this...
I recommend using wget with infinite retries, like:

Code:
wget -c --retry-connrefused --tries=0 --timeout=5 https://files.wtc7report.org/file/public-download/UAF+WTC+7+Zip+File/UAF+WTC+7+Files.zip
So I start (from the Windows 10 Start menu) a "cmd" box, cd my way to my preferred directory, where I enter via copy & paste the above command line. This gives me immediately the following error response:
Code:
C:\Users\myname\Documents>wget -c --retry-connrefused --tries=0 --timeout=5 https://files.wtc7report.org/file/public-download/UAF+WTC+7+Zip+File/UAF+WTC+7+Files.zip
SYSTEM_WGETRC = c:/progra~1/wget/etc/wgetrc
syswgetrc = C:\Program Files (x86)\Gow/etc/wgetrc
--2019-10-16 16:08:43--  https://files.wtc7report.org/file/public-download/UAF+WTC+7+Zip+File/UAF+WTC+7+Files.zip
Resolving files.wtc7report.org... 104.27.130.46, 104.27.131.46, 2606:4700:30::681b:832e, ...
Connecting to files.wtc7report.org|104.27.130.46|:443... connected.
OpenSSL: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure
Unable to establish SSL connection.

What am I doing wrong?

Trying to download ("Save link as...") using Chrome, I get rates between 1 and 2 MB/s, which would take about 2 days. But after only like 1 or 2 GB, I get "network errors", download stops, and when I resume, it restarts from zero.

So I try this...

So I start (from the Windows 10 Start menu) a "cmd" box, cd my way to my preferred directory, where I enter via copy & paste the above command line. This gives me immediately the following error response:
Code:
C:\Users\myname\Documents>wget -c --retry-connrefused --tries=0 --timeout=5 https://files.wtc7report.org/file/public-download/UAF+WTC+7+Zip+File/UAF+WTC+7+Files.zip
SYSTEM_WGETRC = c:/progra~1/wget/etc/wgetrc
syswgetrc = C:\Program Files (x86)\Gow/etc/wgetrc
--2019-10-16 16:08:43--  https://files.wtc7report.org/file/public-download/UAF+WTC+7+Zip+File/UAF+WTC+7+Files.zip
Resolving files.wtc7report.org... 104.27.130.46, 104.27.131.46, 2606:4700:30::681b:832e, ...
Connecting to files.wtc7report.org|104.27.130.46|:443... connected.
OpenSSL: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure
Unable to establish SSL connection.

What am I doing wrong?

I suspect you need a different (Newer) version of wget. It looks like your system is redirecting wget to wgetrc. I’m not sure what that is. I’m on a Mac.

Newer version did the trick. I had version 1.11.4, now I downloaded 1.20.3

Download is running, expected time of arrival 6 hours and a bit from now

I will try again.

@benthamitemetric
Have you tried 7z to unzip?

Great suggestion! I'm trying it now and it does seem to be successfully extracting the files. It's got another hour or so to go to finish doing that, but it looks like it's working. If it does work and shows my zip file isn't corrupt, I'll get it up on dropbox today.

EDIT: It worked. I am uploading the zip file to dropbox now.

Last edited:
I used some “unarchiver” app on my Mac. I’m still downloading though. Luckily coinciding with me being out of town for a few days (visiting NYC) so hopefully it will be finished by a the time I get back.

idea: extract tranches of files by doctype. Seems like .doc/.docx will be of interest. But also any images and videos.

There are definitely a larger number of random word document notes and videos in the files. To me, they show an iterative process whereby the team worked through relatively basic questions and software functions, which led to some tests that went wildly wrong, such as the attached .avi's. It's also somewhat interesting that most of the work (including the global analysis) was done in 2017 or before based on the file dates.

I'm uploading it all to dropbox now, but I think dropbox might be throttling me because it says I have 20 hours to go.

I'm actually swapping coasts with Mick and traveling to CA for a business trip over the weekend and so won't have much time to dig into the files myself until next week, but I will post the dropbox link here when the files are done uploading.

Attachments

• test8.avi
    30.5 MB · Views: 773
  • floor 3-47(damaged)_penthouse16.avi
    35.2 MB · Views: 831
  • floor 3-47(damaged)_penthouse8.avi
    35.2 MB · Views: 840
Last edited:
In the folder "New folder (7)_WTC7 Reports&Files in 2019" there are a number of files that seem to piece together the work that was done to produce the collapse animations that were released in the final report. Among various documents, there is the following screenshot, seemingly of Zhili Quan's desktop:

upload_2019-10-17_1-22-11.png

Based on the date in the analysis completion summary in the middle of the screen, this screenshot was taken in April 2019. There is a folder there in the upper right named "Tony's Comments". I am guessing that folder contains comments from Tony Szamboti. Notably, however, that folder was not contained in the files that were made public. So what gives? Why was Tony, a member of the leadership of the study's sponsor, allowed to comment on the report before it was made public? And why are his comments not included in the publicly available files?

This is just more evidence of the big lie at the heart of this project: it was never an attempt to reach an impartial conclusion via dispassionate analysis; instead, it was motivated research that was directed step-by-step by a sponsor seeking a particular conclusion. And someone made the deliberate choice to hide the extent of the sponsor's influence here by omitting those files from the public data set (in contrast, the other files related to the study on the desktop in the screenshot are included in the public data set).

Last edited:
Weird those animations. Looks like they were goofing around with the program. Or even that they were looking for a result they like to have. Not something that comes out in a simulation were you put in the correct numbers. If stuff like this is cluttering up this download, then hmm...
Would not be necessary to include, wouldn't it?
Since I still have problems with the download and I tried it now for the 10th time, considering their "issue" with the upload, didn't they thought it would be a good idea to clean it up a little?

And I thought that Toni was not involved? Clearly a sign that he was, I think(obviously...)
I would like to know that folders creation date. Not to speak of its content. That would be even more interesting and if they provide this info, that would be transparent. Independent is out of the window from the start given who the sponsor is. But at least they could be transparent about that. A cover up would be ironic.

Something on my list to write in the public comment.

Ok, the dropbox upload is finally complete.

The zip archive can be accessed here for the next 30 days at least.

For those who download it, note that I found the free program 7z to be able to extract it where other programs failed (though of course the extraction took some time given its size).

I don't know how quick or easy downloading from dropbox will be, but hopefully it is better than the AE911Truth/UAF server for most.

Last edited:
As I mentioned above, folder "New folder (7)_WTC7 Reports&Files in 2019" seems to contain the work done to piece together the released collapse animations. Given a paucity of clear annotation and guidance as to the significance of the items in the folder, it is difficult to discern which files are current and relevant and which are not. That said, as with the content of other folders, reviewing the various save dates and noted file dates tells you a lot and, in this case, it is clear that these files pertain to the process of iteration and troubleshooting re the global collapse animations from 2018 through 2019.

While many of the files require expensive ($2000+) software licenses to review, many are in more common formats (excel, word, video, picture, etc.). One of the excel files, "Forcing Functions.xlsx" (attached), in particular stands out. It is dated as having been last modified on 4/26/19 and seems to show the method by which they produced the global collapse animations: they used a timed sequence of "gravity multipliers" applied to different sections of the building. Those gravity multipliers are shown in screenshots that are embedded in the spreadsheet, e.g.:

upload_2019-10-18_9-41-13.png

upload_2019-10-18_9-41-29.png

upload_2019-10-18_9-41-50.png

upload_2019-10-18_9-41-42.png

upload_2019-10-18_9-41-57.png

So I believe this confirms without any doubt that those animations were not actual dynamic simulations (unless truthers are next going to claim that WTC7 was brought down by a localized and heretofore-never-witnessed-in-nature gravitational phenomena that acted in discrete stages on different elements of the building). The animations were hand rigged to behave exactly as they did and are thus devoid of any analytical significance. The folder also includes the attached graphic "Matching Velocirty w. annotation.PNG":

Matching Velocity w. annotation.PNG

To me, it appears this graphic was likely made so that they could match up their hand rigged animation to David Chandler's analysis, which is popular in truther circles.

Attachments

• Forcing Functions.xlsx
    3.2 MB · Views: 633
Last edited:
I finally was able to download it. Hooray! My 2 cents:

As a start I watched all the videos they produced. Many look like the students were trying out the program(folder: 06292017/test7.avi for example). A lot of unnatural behavior. The final results look not much better and given that they are not dynamic simulations and just animations makes this study look very amateurish if not fraudulant. In one video for example the roof bends cartoonishly upwards(Folder: 03312017/floor 3-47(damaged)_penthouse8.avi). There are also videos where the penthouse falls through the hole building(folder: New folder (7)_WTC7 Reports&Files in 2019/floor 3-47(damaged)_penthouse36_shell.avi). Contrary to their current premise. Why did they change their mind on that? I can't remember the explanation being given in the draft report. I will read it again tough, as well as the NIST report.

But that the penthouse comes down first, is in a controlled demolition scenario very illogical from the get go. Because the conspiritors would have to take more risk and work to rig just the penthouse with explosives. For what? There is no need to do this.

What is clear to me is, that a simple person on youtube can do a better job in recreating the NIST report's findings and simulations than Hulsey. If anyone from AE9/11truth reads this, this is a realistic dynamic simulation:

mod add: https://www.metabunk.org/kai-kostacks-wtc7-collapse-simulation-using-bcb-and-blender.t9084/

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAkTbyENZ5s

Attachments

• floor 3-47(damaged)_penthouse8.avi
    35.2 MB · Views: 857
  • floor 3-47(damaged)_penthouse36_shell.avi
    20.8 MB · Views: 734
Last edited:
I downloaded the whole 238 gb file last night, but was unfortunately met with nothing but errors this morning when I tried to open it. Here's my attempt to open it with the latest version of winzip:

upload_2019-10-16_9-18-50.png
Window's explorer also choked on it and gave a similar error, saying it was an invalid file.

I have a pretty beefy PC (9900K, 32 gbs ram, 2080 ti, ~5 tb+ free HD space), so I doubt its a hardware issue, but I suppose it could be, depending on how zip programs manage memory. Or it could be a software issue. What did you use to successfully access some of the files, Mick?

If I can verify that the files are accessible, I'll put them on dropbox today.

I get that, too. When I use 7-Zip, it begins unpacking. I haven't checked if it unpacks everything fine, though.

I've still only got 60GB of the zip, but there's plenty of interest. Here's one file which apparently is a presentation they decided not to use. It contains some animation of their SAP2000 models (found elsewhere as .AVI files). It's
https://www.metabunk.org/f/uaf/New Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation.pptx
Author: Zhiti Quan
Last edited Aug 29,2017

It contains a lot of the C79 push-off analysis, but also quite a bit of the odd global models
Metabunk 2019-10-20 07-31-29.jpg

This is animated (see attached .mp4) and looks like a simple linear model with no connection failures or collisions - everything just stretches. It does appear to be an attempt to simulate the actual full collapse, but of course, it's wildly inaccurate - due to the lack of connection failures and collisions

Source: https://giphy.com/gifs/fxBMGVDXEAJIDJb8rc/html5

Attachments

• ScreenFlow PPT Bendy Collapse.mp4
    1.2 MB · Views: 743
Just posted on ISF by pgimeno - the data can be accessed file by file from archive.org:
The file is now uploaded to archive.org and can be downloaded from:
https://archive.org/details/uaf.wtc.7.files.repaired
The contents of the zip file can be viewed, and each file downloaded separately, from here:
https://archive.org/download/uaf.wtc....REPAIRED.zip/
For example, one file that Mick West has brought attention to in Metabunk is this file: https://archive.org/download/uaf.wtc...sentation.pptx

Unfortunately, that interface doesn't, to my knowledge, support downloading subfolders contained in the zip.

EDIT: For those who don't know, OpenOffice/LibreOffice/MSOffice files (e.g. .pptx, .docx, etc.) are actually renamed ZIP files which contain the assets used, therefore extracting said assets should be easy, in case someone needs to do that (just rename to .zip and open). The above file in particular contains the "videos" in .gif format, inside folder ppt/media/
That ISF post is at: http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=12863734#post12863734

Sill only 65% here. Living in the country gives me free firewood, but slow internet.

Looking at the files, the bulk of the space is taken up with generated files - these are technically unnecessary as you could regenerate them from the source files. But might be useful for generating visualizations without the software.

Looking at the SAP2000 files used for the global collapse analysis. The files are arranged like:

Metabunk 2019-10-22 08-45-16.jpg

So commonly there seems to be an "original" file, labeled 1, then subsequent variations on this (2, 3, 4, etc) that also have their output file.

• The actual model is in the .sbd file, this is a SAP2000 binary database
  • .sbk is a backup of this file, in the few I looked at it's the same file.
  • .$2k is a text copy of the .sbk backup file. This is quite useful for a simple inspection, as we can compare two text files and see what the differences are (i.e. what members were removed, and what
  • .ico is a thumbnail image of the model
The other files (.K??, .Y??, .OUT, LOG, and .msh) are the output from the calculation of that particular setup. I think you could essentially load the .sbd file into SAP2000 and then hit the run button, and get this output.

Regarding differences. Comparing Floor 3-47(Damaged)1.$2k and Floor 3-47(Damaged)2.$2k we see just 77 sections removed, totally 198 lines. This would be something like removing columns.

Sill got a day of downloading here, but I've been browsing via the archive.org link. Looking at the file behind the money shot:

This (49) seems to be the last SAP2000 file. Preceeding it is #48, which is the same thing with a different angle. Then #47 is one of the "tip-over" simulations.

Oddly 48 (angled view) is a much smaller file than 49 (front view). 49 seems to have a bunch more geometry, but in teh videos seems to act the same.

Curiously going back to #37 there's a version of this with collapsing floors.
Metabunk 2019-10-22 11-57-34.jpg

Extracting the basic geometery from the .$2k files seems a reasonably straightforward task.

The file is divided into a variety of tables. Listed here:

TABLE: "ACTIVE DEGREES OF FREEDOM"
TABLE: "ANALYSIS OPTIONS"
TABLE: "AREA LOADS - UNIFORM"
TABLE: "AREA SECTION ASSIGNMENTS"
TABLE: "AREA SECTION PROPERTIES"
TABLE: "AREA SECTION PROPERTY - TIME DEPENDENT"
TABLE: "AREA SECTION PROPERTY DESIGN PARAMETERS"
TABLE: "AUTO WAVE 3 - WAVE CHARACTERISTICS - GENERAL"
TABLE: "CASE - MODAL 1 - GENERAL"
TABLE: "CASE - MODAL 3 - LOAD ASSIGNMENTS - RITZ"
TABLE: "CASE - MODAL HISTORY 1 - GENERAL"
TABLE: "CASE - MODAL HISTORY 2 - LOAD ASSIGNMENTS"
TABLE: "CASE - MODAL HISTORY 6 - NONLINEAR PARAMETERS"
TABLE: "CASE - STATIC 1 - LOAD ASSIGNMENTS"
TABLE: "CASE - STATIC 2 - NONLINEAR LOAD APPLICATION"
TABLE: "CASE - STATIC 4 - NONLINEAR PARAMETERS"
TABLE: "COMBINATION DEFINITIONS"
TABLE: "CONNECTIVITY - AREA"
TABLE: "CONNECTIVITY - FRAME"
TABLE: "CONNECTIVITY - LINK"
TABLE: "COORDINATE SYSTEMS"
TABLE: "DATABASE DOCUMENTATION"
TABLE: "DATABASE FORMAT TYPES"
TABLE: "FRAME AUTO MESH ASSIGNMENTS"
TABLE: "FRAME DESIGN PROCEDURES"
TABLE: "FRAME HINGE ASSIGNS 02 - USER DEFINED PROPERTIES"
TABLE: "FRAME HINGE ASSIGNS 09 - HINGE OVERWRITES"
TABLE: "FRAME INSERTION POINT ASSIGNMENTS"
TABLE: "FRAME LOAD TRANSFER OPTIONS"
TABLE: "FRAME LOCAL AXES ASSIGNMENTS 1 - TYPICAL"
TABLE: "FRAME OUTPUT STATION ASSIGNMENTS"
TABLE: "FRAME RELEASE ASSIGNMENTS 1 - GENERAL"
TABLE: "FRAME RELEASE ASSIGNMENTS 2 - PARTIAL FIXITY"
TABLE: "FRAME SECTION ASSIGNMENTS"
TABLE: "FRAME SECTION PROPERTIES 01 - GENERAL"
TABLE: "FRAME SECTION PROPERTIES 13 - TIME DEPENDENT"
TABLE: "FUNCTION - PLOT FUNCTIONS"
TABLE: "FUNCTION - POWER SPECTRAL DENSITY - USER"
TABLE: "FUNCTION - RESPONSE SPECTRUM - USER"
TABLE: "FUNCTION - STEADY STATE - USER"
TABLE: "FUNCTION - TIME HISTORY - USER"
TABLE: "GRID LINES"
TABLE: "GROUPS 1 - DEFINITIONS"
TABLE: "GROUPS 2 - ASSIGNMENTS"
TABLE: "HINGES DEF 02 - NONINTERACTING - DEFORM CONTROL - GENERAL"
TABLE: "HINGES DEF 03 - NONINTERACTING - DEFORM CONTROL - FORCE-DEFORM"
TABLE: "HINGES DEF 04 - NONINTERACTING - DEFORM CONTROL - ACCEPTANCE"
TABLE: "JOINT COORDINATES"
TABLE: "JOINT PATTERN DEFINITIONS"
TABLE: "JOINT RESTRAINT ASSIGNMENTS"
TABLE: "LINK PROPERTY ASSIGNMENTS"
TABLE: "LINK PROPERTY DEFINITIONS 01 - GENERAL"
TABLE: "LINK PROPERTY DEFINITIONS 02 - LINEAR"
TABLE: "LOAD CASE DEFINITIONS"
TABLE: "LOAD PATTERN DEFINITIONS"
TABLE: "MASS SOURCE"
TABLE: "MATERIAL PROPERTIES 01 - GENERAL"
TABLE: "MATERIAL PROPERTIES 02 - BASIC MECHANICAL PROPERTIES"
TABLE: "MATERIAL PROPERTIES 03A - STEEL DATA"
TABLE: "MATERIAL PROPERTIES 03B - CONCRETE DATA"
TABLE: "MATERIAL PROPERTIES 03E - REBAR DATA"
TABLE: "MATERIAL PROPERTIES 03F - TENDON DATA"
TABLE: "MATERIAL PROPERTIES 04 - USER STRESS-STRAIN CURVES"
TABLE: "MATERIAL PROPERTIES 06 - DAMPING PARAMETERS"
TABLE: "OPTIONS - COLORS - DISPLAY"
TABLE: "OPTIONS - COLORS - OUTPUT"
TABLE: "OVERWRITES - STEEL DESIGN - AISC360-05-IBC2006"
TABLE: "PREFERENCES - ALUMINUM DESIGN - AA-ASD 2000"
TABLE: "PREFERENCES - COLD FORMED DESIGN - AISI-ASD96"
TABLE: "PREFERENCES - CONCRETE DESIGN - ACI 318-08/IBC2009"
TABLE: "PREFERENCES - DIMENSIONAL"
TABLE: "PREFERENCES - STEEL DESIGN - AISC360-05-IBC2006"
TABLE: "PROGRAM CONTROL"
TABLE: "PROJECT INFORMATION"
TABLE: "REBAR SIZES"
TABLE: "SECTION DESIGNER PROPERTIES 01 - GENERAL"
TABLE: "SECTION DESIGNER PROPERTIES 05 - SHAPE CHANNEL"
TABLE: "SECTION DESIGNER PROPERTIES 06 - SHAPE TEE"
TABLE: "SECTION DESIGNER PROPERTIES 30 - FIBER GENERAL"
TABLE: "SOLID PROPERTY DEFINITIONS"
The vertices are defined in "TABLE: "JOINT COORDINATES", like:
Code:
   Joint=65190   CoordSys=GLOBAL   CoordType=Cartesian   XorR=3214   Y=4386.75   Z=5451   SpecialJt=No   GUID=48e0e82a-f7b6-4aeb-8a04-18bf53ae87c8

So that's saying joint number 65190 has a position of (3214, 4386.75, 5451)

Joints are referenced in the table: "TABLE: "CONNECTIVITY - AREA", defining the corners of quadrilaterals

Code:
Area=10326   Joint1=64422   Joint2=58840   Joint3=58949   Joint4=64432   GUID=bb05d2df-4eae-4391-8bab-e2c8986bd63c
   Area=10327   Joint1=58824   Joint2=58847   Joint3=63659   Joint4=65190   GUID=a542e31b-38a5-4708-9277-491aac79ed9f
   Area=10328   Joint1=58847   Joint2=58824   Joint3=64432   Joint4=58949   GUID=2263551c-0518-4372-9f9e-b209adb0e7ee
   Area=10329   Joint1=58854   Joint2=58861   Joint3=65190   Joint4=63603   GUID=c394e9c9-6a7d-4145-aa5f-71e6faa094f0
   Area=10330   Joint1=58956   Joint2=58963   Joint3=58977   Joint4=58970   GUID=4fedc419-77b8-4097-8149-3082cb1f7ffb

And also in TABLE: "CONNECTIVITY - FRAME", to define the endpoints (I and J) of a "frame" (presumably a framing/structural member?)

Code:
 Frame=19894   JointI=62881   JointJ=62966   IsCurved=No   GUID=c666405b-37d5-4aab-8bed-dd85485aecbc
   Frame=19899   JointI=62966   JointJ=63619   IsCurved=No   GUID=52e59cf9-adc5-46af-8f68-28b6d494537e
   Frame=19904   JointI=62508   JointJ=63603   IsCurved=No   GUID=be15ab5d-3077-48ff-a11a-764b440cde9a
   Frame=19916   JointI=63627   JointJ=63643   IsCurved=No   GUID=9780800b-1232-47bd-8162-9b9b4c3ce08f
   Frame=19922   JointI=65190   JointJ=63659   IsCurved=No   GUID=7504b6a2-46eb-4d41-9b88-84e950fad1aa
   Frame=19923   JointI=62333   JointJ=65191   IsCurved=No   GUID=4b4a19bf-e570-432b-b530-4f292bbfbf72
   Frame=19930   JointI=65191   JointJ=62871   IsCurved=No   GUID=3c121375-2ac8-4d00-ad19-1bcdba4fc415

Other tables define things to do with the frames. These are all the lines that reference this frame
Code:
   Frame=19922   AutoMesh=Yes   AtJoints=Yes   AtFrames=No   NumSegments=0   MaxLength=0   MaxDegrees=0
   Frame=19922   AutoMesh=Yes   AtJoints=Yes   AtFrames=No   NumSegments=0   MaxLength=0   MaxDegrees=0
   Frame=19922   DesignProc="From Material"
   Frame=19922   AssignProp=M3   DistType=RelDist   RelDist=0   AbsDist=0   ActualDist=0
   Frame=19922   AssignProp=V2   DistType=RelDist   RelDist=0   AbsDist=0   ActualDist=0
   Frame=19922   AutoDivide=No   NoLoadDrop=No   LimNegStiff=10
   Frame=19922   CardinalPt="10 (centroid)"   CoordSys=GLOBAL   JtOffsetXI=0   JtOffsetYI=0   JtOffsetZI=-14.62   JtOffsetXJ=0   JtOffsetYJ=0   JtOffsetZJ=-14.62   Mirror2=No   Mirror3=No   Transform=Yes
   Frame=19922   Transfer=Yes
   Frame=19922   StationType=MaxStaSpcg   MaxStaSpcg=24   AddAtElmInt=Yes   AddAtPtLoad=Yes
   Frame=19922   PI=No   V2I=Yes   V3I=No   TI=No   M2I=No   M3I=Yes   PJ=No   V2J=Yes   V3J=No   TJ=No   M2J=No   M3J=Yes
   Frame=19922   V2I=100000   M3I=100000000
   Frame=19922   AutoSelect=N.A.   AnalSect=W24X62   MatProp=Default
Frame=19922   DesignSect="Program Determined"   FrameType="Program Determined"   Fy=0   RLLF=0   AreaRatio=0   XLMajor=0   XLMinor=0   XLLTB=0   K1Major=0   K1Minor=0   K2Major=0   K2Minor=0   KLTB=0   CmMajor=0   CmMinor=0   Cb=0 _
		B1Major=0   B1Minor=0   B2Major=0   B2Minor=0   HSSReduceT="Program Determined"   HSSWelding="Program Determined"   Omega0=0   Ry=0   Pnc=0   Pnt=0   Mn3=0   Mn2=0   Vn2=0   Vn3=0   CheckDefl="Program Determined" _
		DeflType="Program Determined"   DLRat=0   SDLAndLLRat=0   LLRat=0   TotalRat=0   NetRat=0   DLAbs=0   SDLAndLLAbs=0   LLAbs=0   TotalAbs=0   NetAbs=0   SpecCamber=0   DCLimit=0
   Frame=19922   DesignSect="Program Determined"   FrameType="Program Determined"   Fy=0   RLLF=0   AreaRatio=0   XLMajor=0   XLMinor=0   XLLTB=0   K1Major=0   K1Minor=0   K2Major=0   K2Minor=0   KLTB=0   CmMajor=0   CmMinor=0   Cb=0 _
		B1Major=0   B1Minor=0   B2Major=0   B2Minor=0   HSSReduceT="Program Determined"   HSSWelding="Program Determined"   Omega0=0   Ry=0   Pnc=0   Pnt=0   Mn3=0   Mn2=0   Vn2=0   Vn3=0   CheckDefl="Program Determined" _
		DeflType="Program Determined"   DLRat=0   SDLAndLLRat=0   LLRat=0   TotalRat=0   NetRat=0   DLAbs=0   SDLAndLLAbs=0   LLAbs=0   TotalAbs=0   NetAbs=0   SpecCamber=0   DCLimit=0

So a very simple geometry visualization could just create lines defined in TABLE: "CONNECTIVITY - FRAME" between their I/J points, as defined in "TABLE: "JOINT COORDINATES". This could then be extended to include areas, and possibly even display the correct crosssection (like W24x62, here)

I unzipped the first 7GB, and got this:

…… snip

A couple of interesting doc files (attached)

Unfortunately, I won't have time to look at them for a few days. But this looks interesting, composite and non-composite beams. Metabunk 2019-10-15 22-34-09.jpg

...snip

The language isn't really clear there.

This deflection plot looks really odd and surprising to me for a few reasons:

1. The deflections at levels where the columns have been removed (lvls 7-14) are less than the levels above. This implies that when they removed the columns they also removed the floor load

2. 7.1 in of deflection is not large for a 75 ft span that was designed for a 35ft span.

3. The end connections of the girder that spans between columns 79 and 80, is a double angle side-plate connection. see below. It is hard to imagine that it is able to take the forces needed to support the floor when the column provides no verticals support.

It appears to another misuse of elastic analysis with switch on gravity that neither considers the non-linear effects or the dynamic amplification that would occur with any column removal.

IMG_1680.PNG

Yesterday, Kostack Studio (a YouTube channel) posted "[a]ll the video sequences [that] can be found in his [Hulsey's] dataset release" as one continuous, uncommented, silent video, apparently in chronological order of date of creation:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb5jBtde2Fk

10 minutes 12 seconds.

One user comments:
@ 1:06 that simulation looks to closely match the NIST model... a progressive interior collapse that hollows out the interior before the exterior walls fall. Doesn't that differ from Hulsey's scenario? I thought he's saying the interior of the top floors falls in tandem with the exterior walls, as most of his sims appear to indicate.
and Kostack Studio replies:
By that time they probably realized that this looks too similar to NIST's simulation and decided to drop the planned release date for September 2017, they postponed it indefinitely then.

Back