Global March Against Chemtrails and Geoengineering

Or just show up and start talking to people. I usually broach the subject with "I'm a bit skeptical about this chemtrail theory". They then eagerly leap to educate me, and then I get into details.

I'd remove the last bullet point, as I no longer think they are using a ratio. I think their meter is whack.

I'd try to simplify it by having a VERY brief and simplified bullet point list at the top, otherwise people will just be TL;DR
  • 9 mW is the UVB level that Wigington and Foote claim to have measured
  • 2 mW is the UVB level in unshielded space, like at the space station.
  • 0.5 mW is unusually high UVB, cause for alarm.
  • So Wigington's figures are impossible

I'd remove the last bullet point, as I no longer think they are using a ratio. I think their meter is whack
I still wonder about that. The manual for that meter appears to indicate that their spreadsheet was directly downloaded through the SD card, not manually entered. Why would the meter's internal programming give it a column heading UV a/b if it's a sum?

I still wonder about that. The manual for that meter appears to indicate that their spreadsheet was directly downloaded through the SD card, not manually entered. Why would the meter's internal programming give it a column heading UV a/b if it's a sum?

I'd agree, except they have posted an image of the meter showing 12.19 mW/cm2, which while not 18, is still higher than the UVAB in space. The meter itself also only measures UVAB

Last edited:
I might swing by the LA meeting point tomorrow. The cannon in front of Santa Monica pier, 11am to 2pm. It will be interesting to see just how much support this thing actually gets.

Los Angeles SkyWatch is proudly participating in the Global March! Our march is officially scheduled from 11am to 2pm, however, an information table with handouts will be set up at 9am adjacent to our initial meeting point, The Cannon at Palisades Park located at the start of the Santa Monica Pier at Ocean Avenue and Colorado Blvd, Santa Monica.

We will be peacefully and respectfully marching around the Palisades, and through the Santa Monica 3rd Street Promenade. We will have lots of informational flyers for participants to hand out.
Content from External Source
Interesting article about the organizers of the event, Troy Lessard and Mohini Priya Devi Dasi
http://dissembling.org/2013/08/21/global-march-against-chemtrails-strange-bedfellows/ (Archive: http://archive.is/20HUS)

Apparently Dane Wigington is send out thousands of dollars worth of flyers to support it.

(and using incredibly misleading photos as well - the Evergreen fire fighting super-tanker interior, and the NASA plane with smoke trails for a wake vortex study. )

Last edited:
Well, the dallas group only just yesterday got organized as far as time and activities. That and the temperature today will probably keep the numbers down. There has zero contrail activity here for weeks. That probably won't help either.

Sorry to say that I am not in attendance. It seems a glorious day outside but a combination of my team losing and a heavy night on Theakston's Old Peculiar has left me incapacitated.

Just came back from mine (Gothenburg). I must say it was mostly awkward. 75 "going" on the Facebook event, but I'd say about 30 people actually showed up.
The organizer was completely mentally unstable (no joke) thus not particularly open for debate.

I did however manage to speak with a bunch of other people, but to my surprise they were quite new to the "scene", and had never heard my arguments before.
Perhaps I managed to plant a seed of doubt in some of them. They were quite friendly, except for the organizer who were outright hostile. Partick Lynch did not show up at all.
Although the group was rather small, it was a big awkward mess.

Figures.

I did however manage to speak with a bunch of other people, but to my surprise they were quite new to the "scene", and had never heard my arguments before.

It's always quite surprising just how totally unaware the chemtrail folk are about the debunked arguments. Even talking to Dane Wigington, who is one of the people behind the demonstration and has been doing it for ten years, he still asked questions like "how can a contrail start and stop". It's like they have zero interest in actually finding out the answers, because they already know the answers. Explanations that do not involve chemtrails are automatically wrong, so why would they listen to them.

It's still early morning here (7AM). I'm planning to cycle over to the Los Angeles event in Santa Monica maybe around 10 or 11. The weather is currently overcast, but forecast as "mostly sunny" by noon.

It's always quite surprising just how totally unaware the chemtrail folk are about the debunked arguments. Even talking to Dane Wigington, who is one of the people behind the demonstration and has been doing it for ten years, he still asked questions like "how can a contrail start and stop". It's like they have zero interest in actually finding out the answers, because they already know the answers. Explanations that do not involve chemtrails are automatically wrong, so why would they listen to them.

It's still early morning here (7AM). I'm planning to cycle over to the Los Angeles event in Santa Monica maybe around 10 or 11. The weather is currently overcast, but forecast as "mostly sunny" by noon.

I'm willing to bet Dane Wigington will CONTINUE to ask how a contrail can start and stop (with a bit of a laugh after the question). There's always the new blood in the room who have never heard the answer.

I'm willing to bet Dane Wigington will CONTINUE to ask how a contrail can start and stop (with a bit of a laugh after the question). There's always the new blood in the room who have never heard the answer.

I think he genuinely does not know. He basically rejected my explanation as just silly.

Looks like the Bavarian Illuminati arranged for a suspiciously "normal" sky that day:

Last edited:
Just came back from mine (Gothenburg). I must say it was mostly awkward. 75 "going" on the Facebook event, but I'd say about 30 people actually showed up.
The organizer was completely mentally unstable (no joke) thus not particularly open for debate.

Perhaps I managed to plant a seed of doubt in some of them. They were quite friendly, except for the organizer who were outright hostile. Partick Lynch did not show up at all.
Although the group was rather small, it was a big awkward mess.

Figures.
I couldn't come because my second cousin's child turned 1 year so I attended her birthday party. Were you the only sceptic at the scene?

I used to live in London near the Archway Tube stop (and the Archway Tavern) technically in Islington. Depending on the wind I would see planes landing at Heathrow all the time.

Bunch of photos of the Berlin march
http://www.demotix.com/news/2498030...march-against-chemtrails-berlin#media-2500319

The tinfoil hat people seem to be following in the above picture.

Mocking them with tinfoil probably is not the best way of opening the channels of communication, but here in public it's probably a good perspective for the casual observer to know that the idea is considered fringe. I don't know though.

Last edited:
Mocking them with tinfoil probably is not the best way of opening the channels of communication, but here in public it's probably a good perspective for the casual observer to know that the idea is considered fringe. I don't know though.
I'm sorry but, as it seems there is no possible way to communicate in a kind manner with chemtrail people. I was lucky enough to be open minded and actually read what a kind guy had to said to me, which changed me. But that's not the case with the majority

I'm sorry but, as it seems there is no possible way to communicate in a kind manner with chemtrail people. I was lucky enough to be open minded and actually read what a kind guy had to said to me, which changed me. But that's not the case with the majority

Probably not the majority of the people marching, no, they are "true believers". The politeness is more for the people who are not so far down the rabbit hole.

Probably not the majority of the people marching, no, they are "true believers". The politeness is more for the people who are not so far down the rabbit hole.
This is off topic but: When I was confronted I said: "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PERSISTENT TRAILS, IT'S NOT POSSIBLE!?!!" and I tried to make a smart argument, but he quite quickly debunked all my claims and I felt so freaking dumb believing this stuff for some years. I was pretty far down the hole, but being open minded is the key.

This is off topic but: When I was confronted I said: "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PERSISTENT TRAILS, IT'S NOT POSSIBLE!?!!" and I tried to make a smart argument, but he quite quickly debunked all my claims and I felt so freaking dumb believing this stuff for some years. I was pretty far down the hole, but being open minded is the key.

That's when you're supposed to say, "disinfo troll," hold your hands over your ears and say, "la, la, la."

http://www.demotix.com/news/2498030...march-against-chemtrails-berlin#media-2500319

The tinfoil hat people seem to be following in the above picture.

Better than letting them march with no attempt to point out the ignorance.

Last edited by a moderator:
There seems to be very little online about this. London, Berlin, Gothenburg (Sweden). Seems like there would be more if the interest was as much as they suggested. Look at all the "planned" events in Australia.

The dots are really just where individual chemtrail true-believers happen to live.

Last edited:
That's when you're supposed to say, "disinfo troll," hold your hands over your ears and say, "la, la, la."

The organizer for the event in Gothenburg called me a troll actually. We have had disputes over the internet in the past, I think she was quite surprised that I showed up today in person, and it probably made her quite uncomfortable.
The old dispute was about a rain sample I debunked some years ago, and this lady claimed my conclusion was completely wrong and my argument contained many errors. She claimed to be able to tell this because she was a "laboratory chief".
Back then I asked her to essentially describe the points where I got it wrong. She maintained that rainwater should always contain 100% water and nothing else, and then refused to elaborate on the subject, saying she never spend time with "people like me".

And this is exactly how she reacted irl too. I introduced myself and tried to be nice despite differences, but when I mentioned that old thing and asked her to clarify the points were I made errors she instantly repeated the same thing:
I was wrong, rain should contain water only, and she knows this because she is a lab chief.

I asked her what her merits were, and what lab she works/worked with, and to my surprise she gave me quite an answer - "Det ska du skita i!" Which is a rude way to say "None of your business".
She absolutely refused to answer even simple questions, and she asked me to leave her alone. So I did.

If her purpose is to convince the public of the reality of "chemtrails", her method creates a truly horrible example.
If you want to convince people you should be open to everyone and approach them with kind attitude, including the sceptics. Responding with utter ignorance only make you look inferior in argument. And a bit insane.

By the way Mick, there has been one in Stockholm as well. Should be material from there somewhere. I know no sceptics who went there though.

Flickr album of the Berlin demo. Description says 250 people demonstrated.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phopectiveberlin/sets/72157635228963288/with/9592266236/

And a more detailed set:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soerenkohlhuber/sets/72157635229446648/
description roughly translated

About 150-200 people gathered to demonstrate against chemtrails and other nonsense on 25.08.2013. Also present were kingdom citizens [nationalists?] and other conspiracy theorists.
Protesting against this event were about 40 people from the left spectrum, as well as members of the Pirate Party. People with tinfoil hats infiltrated the demonstration and called "chemtrails for all, otherwise there will be riots," "The weather has gone" or "I'm not, I can not do anything, give me a tinfoil hat".
Apparently, this came at the serious participants good, several asked about aluminum foil so that they can craft those hats himself, because "you have to protect his brain, yes."
The situation was the chairman of the meeting with a team of officials employed about 200. This broke about 15 protesters out of the group of conspirators, saying sending to. While the sending off was very, circled again Chemtrailbomber of central Berlin.

Content from External Source
Police surrounding the skeptic counter-protestors

Last edited:
Back