Droitwich bedroom abduction video (2010)

J

johne1618

On the TV documentary Strange Evidence season 7 episode 19, Alien Abduction Secrets (broadcast on December 16th 2021), a video was shown of a woman who seems to disappear under the sheets while sleeping with her husband at 3:34am on December 9th 2010. She reappears again under the sheets at 3:46am. Her case has been extensively investigated by Dave Hodrien of the Birmingham UFO Group, UK. The infrared camera was set up by her husband as she had recently reported an alien abduction experience on December 3rd. The researcher could not read the camcorder video format (VVF) so the husband and wife recorded the camcorder video playback on their TV screen.

Before the alleged abduction (0:01) she is sleeping on her left side to the right of her husband.

before.jpg

At 0:25 you can see the outline of her left thigh moving as she gets into a kneeling position with her head down and bottom up (0:37) just before she melts away.

0_37.jpg

At 0:42 it seems as though she has completely melted away under the sheets.

0_42.jpg

At 1:52, which is about 12 minutes later according to the timestamp on the video, she appears back under the sheets. The sheets are up in a tent-like manner.

1_52.jpg

At 2:01 her head is visible and she's sleeping normally next to her husband.

2_01.jpg

This is the 2-minute video which shows her disappearing at 0:37 and reappearing at 1:49. The camcorder playback has been fast forwarded to compress the 12.5 mins that she was allegedly gone. If the video is not a hoax what happened? Did she slip between the gap between two single beds?

Source: https://youtu.be/b0uNsdfrPmU

Birmingham UFO Group Case Report

Dave Hodrien's in-depth description of the December 3rd and December 9th abductions is given here (including a regression hypnosis transcript):

https://www.bufog.com/post/droitwic...n-video-milab-ufos-healing-psychic-paranormal

Dave Hodrien's analysis of the video footage is given at the beginning of part 2 (which includes more regression hypnosis transcripts concerning previous abductions):

https://www.bufog.com/post/droitwich-contact-case-part-2

Last edited by a moderator:
The way the sheet swells upward before the disappearance and before the return looks a lot like a lot of stage magic disappearances. Presumably that hides whatever the gaffe is and what it is doing. Possibly that is what were seeing here. Or you may have nailed it, it may be as simple as falling and returning between the mattresses.

Convenient that the aliens to put her back under the sheet in such a way that we can't see what happens, ain't it? She goes away and comes back in just the way we can see that's she's gone and come back, but not see what actually happened to her.

did her husband melt too? because i dont see him at all until he rises up in the bed at the end. his movements look stranger than hers.

did her husband melt too? because i dont see him at all until he rises up in the bed at the end. his movements look stranger than hers.

I think you can see his left foot in a fold in the sheets throughout the video (near the “09” at the bottom of the screen). Initially he is sleeping on his back and she is on her left side so that’s why she makes a higher profile than him under the sheets before she “melts” away at 0:37. I guess he could be overweight so that’s why he has to rock himself several times to roll over on his left side at the end of the video.

A magician on the Strange Evidence show said there are a number of ways in which the disappearance could be achieved but the reappearance is more baffling.

The investigator Dave Hodrien confirmed that the bed was normal (presumably not two single beds put together):
After speaking with the family for many hours on numerous occasions I am certain that the video is real and not a planned hoax or clever CGI – whatever is seen on camera actually took place. Various people who have seen the footage have come up with some bizarre theories for its creation including contraptions hidden inside the bed, to an inflatable placed under the covers which causes them to fall and rise as required. Inventive as these are, I am absolutely certain that they are incorrect. I have actually seen the bed viewed in the footage and can confirm it is completely normal.
https://www.bufog.com/post/droitwich-contact-case-part-2

I have actually seen the bed viewed in the footage and can confirm it is completely normal.
No, he saw the bed that was there AFTER the video was taken. He has no idea what was going on at the time it was filmed..

Dismissing other rational explanations because he wants to believe it was an abduction doesn't make it so. It certainly isn't science.

Just some preliminary thoughts. Don't have time to watch this or read Mr. Hodrian's report. Maybe tomorrow.

The researcher could not read the camcorder video format (VVF) so the husband and wife recorded the camcorder video playback on their TV screen.
What we're seeing is some sort of camcorder filming a TV screen that is playing back some sort of IR CCTV (surveillance) camera video, right?

VVF files contain captured video data stored in some types of CCTV DVR, video surveillance device and IP camera.
Content from External Source
https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/vvf-player.html

So video captured from a low res surveillance camera played back on the TV and re-filmed, further degrading the resolution. The easier to hide a simple edit when the wife gets back into bed? Or, more likely that it makes it look like she's gone when she was there the whole time. Maybe a little of both?
Dave Hodrien's in-depth description of the December 3rd and December 9th abductions is given here (including a regression hypnosis transcript):
Dave Hodrien's analysis of the video footage is given at the beginning of part 2 (which includes more regression hypnosis transcripts concerning previous abductions):

I've mentioned before the term Scientifically (or something similar) which I believed was coined by Sharron Hill. It refers to ghost or Bigfoot hunters using the trappings of science, with out using the actual rigor of science.

For example, the video of a video on a screen. If Hodrien is a serious investigator, I found this in about 30 seconds of looking:

This VVF player also provides a feature that allows you to convert VVF file to common AVI video. When you play the VVF file, click "AVI" button on the top menu bar. Give it a name and click "Save" button on the pop-up window, then you'll be asked to select one compressor. Finally, click OK to convert VVF to AVI video.
https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/vvf-player.htmlouldb at the looking

He should have been looking at, or if he was, presenting us the original.

More importantly, he seems to rely a lot on regression hypnosis, even in the mid '00s despite the fact that since the late '90s it was in serious doubt.

Recovered-memory therapy
(RMT) is a catch-all term for a controversial and scientifically discredited form of psychotherapy that utilizes one or more unproven interviewing techniques (such as hypnosis, guided imagery, and the use of sedative-hypnotic drugs) to purportedly help patients recall previously forgotten memories.[1][2] Proponents of recovered memory therapy claim, contrary to evidence,[3][4][5][6][7] that traumatic memories can be buried in the subconscious and thereby affect current behavior, and that these memories can be recovered through the use of RMT techniques. RMT is not recommended by mainstream ethical and professional mental health associations.[8]
n.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recovered-memory_therapy

In the following, bold in Dr. Stevenson's statement by me.

Although there may be useful therapeutic value in engaging in hypnotic regression experiences by some people, we here at UVA Division of Perceptual Studies have never utilized hypnotic regression to investigate cases. We rely on the spontaneous statements of very young children as the basis for our investigations into cases that are brought to our attention, mainly by the parents of children who are spontaneously speaking about their memories of a previous life.

A Short Statement
written by Ian Stevenson, M.D.

“Many persons who attach no importance whatever to their dreams–realizing that most of them are merely images of the dreamer’s subconscious mind without correspondence to any other reality–nevertheless believe that whatever emerges during hypnosis can invariably be taken at face value. In fact, the state of a person during hypnosis resembles in many ways–although not in all–that of a person dreaming. The subconscious parts of the mind are released from ordinary inhibitions and they may then present in dramatic form a new “personality.” If the subject has been instructed by the hypnotist–explicitly or implicitly–to “go back to another place and time” or given some similar guidance, the new “personality” may appear to be one of another period of history. Such evoked “previous personalities” may be extremely plausible both to the person having the experience and to other persons watching him or her. Experiments by Baker1and by Nicholas Spanos and his colleagues2 have shown how easily different suggestions given by a hypnotist can influence the features of the “previous personality” in conformity with suggestions.

In fact, however, nearly all such hypnotically evoked “previous personalities” are entirely imaginary just as are the contents of most dreams. They may include some accurate historical details, but these are usually derived from information the subject has acquired normally through reading, radio and television programs, or other sources. The subject may not remember where he obtained the information included, but sometimes this can be brought out in other sessions with hypnosis designed to search for the sources of the information used in making up the “previous personality.” Experiments by E. Zolik3 and by R. Kampman and R. Hirvenoja4 have demonstrated this phenomenon.

A marked emotional experience during the hypnotic regression provides no assurance that memories of a real previous life were recovered
https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-studies/resources/concerns-about-hypnotic-regression/

So low quality video and an investigator using outdated and disproven techniques.

Strange Evidence season 7 episode 19, Alien Abduction Secrets
And that just sounds like a wealth of reliable information.

i think she just went flat, like how her husband looks flat until he rolls on his side. she is obviously up on her hands and knees before "disappearing". i would make alot bigger lump on my hands and knees under the blanket then when i'm lying flat too.

and dont laugh about "holes in your mattress".. not an actual hole but cheap mattresses can become quite the divet where you always sleep. i'm laughing to myself a bit because i had a mattress one time that i likely looked flat when it it too. it took like 4 folded quilts to fill the hole.

i think she just went flat, like how her husband looks flat until he rolls on his side. she is obviously up on her hands and knees before "disappearing". i would make alot bigger lump on my hands and knees under the blanket then when i'm lying flat too.

and dont laugh about "holes in your mattress".. not an actual hole but cheap mattresses can become quite the divet where you always sleep. i'm laughing to myself a bit because i had a mattress one time that i likely looked flat when it it too. it took like 4 folded quilts to fill the hole.
I agree. I did some replication of this a few months ago, thinking I'd make a video, just never got around to it.

This video shows me on the left. Some pillows on the right.

I agree. I did some replication of this a few months ago, thinking I'd make a video, just never got around to it.

This video shows me on the left. Some pillows on the right.

Great demonstration though she seems to melt slowly whereas you seem to fall fast.

I have found the Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files “Vanishing Victim” (aired Feb 1st 2012) season 2 episode where they try to reproduce this event in the bed in which the alleged abduction took place. First they try to recreate it by having someone roll out of bed under the sheets on to the floor. This effect looks quite good but you can see that someone has gone over the edge of the bed. Also it doesn’t look so convincing when the person then gets back into bed off the floor while trying to stay under the sheets.

Starts from 08:15. I suggest using an ad blocker if you’re using a windows pc.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7z09rt

They then go on to try to reproduce the effect with an inflatable bladder (14:00) and then later a hydraulic platform (16:28). These elaborate methods allow the bump under the sheets to shrink and grow in one place. But in the end they trust the couple and don’t believe they are hoaxers.

At 24:00 they say they submitted the video file to an expert who could open the corrupted file (I didn’t know it was corrupted - Dave Hodrien doesn’t mention it though he wouldn’t necessarily know as he couldn’t work with the original file format) and verified that the file had not been manipulated in any way.

At 24:25 they describe how the video expert said he thought he could see the woman’s foot in a fold of the sheets during and after her disappearance (around 0:44 in the original video). The fold does increase in size after the woman has purportedly vanished which is strange but I can’t make out her foot in the fold.

At 0:37 in the original video before woman has "vanished"
37.jpg

At 0:39 in the original video after woman has "vanished"
39.jpg
At 0:43 in the original video after woman has "vanished"
43.jpg

The infrared camera was set up by her husband as she had recently reported an alien abduction experience on December 3rd.
So if I understand it correctly, the woman was abducted, and to find out what happened they came to the brilliant idea to set up a camera, to see if it happens again? If it such a threatening thing, why not ask the husband to stay awake while she sleeps? I call it all BS. But how they managed to do it, looks quite like Mick demonstrated above.

So if I understand it correctly, the woman was abducted, and to find out what happened they came to the brilliant idea to set up a camera, to see if it happens again? If it such a threatening thing, why not ask the husband to stay awake while she sleeps? I call it all BS. But how they managed to do it, looks quite like Mick demonstrated above.

In the Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files “Vanishing Victim” episode at around 9:52 she describes how she attached a string between her arm and her husband's arm to alert him when she was being abducted. She seems genuinely traumatized by her experiences.

In the Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files “Vanishing Victim” episode at around 9:52 she describes how she attached a string between her arm and her husband's arm to alert him when she was being abducted. She seems genuinely traumatized by her experiences.
Thanks, I will give it a watch, I am curious..

his example is dead on
Agreed, it's really close, even if Mick does it a bit more quickly. It's a good example demonstrating how something could appear the way it does, but is then brushed aside because it doesn't look exactly alike in every detail.

Whereas Mick just flattened himself, I think the lady, after getting into an exaggerated doggie pose, lowered herself down on her right side right up against the man, who we get to see at the end, is a "big boy". She's basically is in the sheet shadow, for lack of a better word, of the man.

The video is full of artifacts, but sure looks to me like you can see what would be her left shoulder as she spoons up to the man as the sheets settle and she "vanishes". Note, this is the same spot, the shoulder hump, that first moves as she "reappears".

We may have to get Mick to try again with a big hairy fat guy in the bed that he can spoon up to.

And I'm still not ruling out a hoax of some sort. Something as simple as they watched their own recordings a few times and learned how to get up in the odd doggie pose to fluff the sheets up and then where to quickly settle so that we get the effect we see.

And yes, watching strangers in bed is a bit uoggie.

Just started to peruse the report by Dave Hodrien, but here's a few highlights:

The lady in this report, who I shall call Susan, has had contact related experiences right back to her childhood. These experiences have included multiple abductions and visitations by ET beings, UFO sightings, missing time, paranormal activity and psychic abilities. And with this particular case there is one piece of evidence which is extremely rare in the field of ET contact… one of her abductions appears to have been captured on video camera!
So this is not a one off experience, this lady is very prone to these types of things.

In the months following, I analysed the video footage which seemed to show Susan vanishing from her bed on the night of the 2nd abduction. I also sent it off for analysis to several video experts. Although they could not shed any further light on exactly what the footage showed, you can read about my own analysis of the footage later in this report.
Haven't read his analysis, but I'm going to bet that he shed further light on the video after several video experts were unable to.

Throughout the year, Susan spoke with numerous other UFO groups and individuals about her experiences. She spoke at Expolitics 2011 conference, and was also interviewed by a camera crew for an American documentary.

On 15th March I and Susan gave a joint talk at BUFOG about her experiences. The lecture went very well and we received some very positive feedback from it. Both I and Susan are happy to repeat this talk at other venues, so if you’re interested in arranging a lecture please get in touch.
So sounds like Susan is a bit of a celebrity in the UK UFOlogy world, and is ready to give more talks.

I'll share some more when I sit down for lunch later today.

All EC from:
https://www.bufog.com/post/droitwic...n-video-milab-ufos-healing-psychic-paranormal

I agree. I did some replication of this a few months ago...
Dang, as simple as that!? I take a lesson from that -- here was me thinking magic act equipment and such, but it is probably best to think "would the very simplest thing work?" and look into that first. Well done!

Anyone who watches ST:TNG knows that this is the result of aliens kidnapping her via a sub-space rift. It can only be closed using a graviton pulse with a subspace energy level of 16.2 kEv. However, if the aliens attempt to counteract it, all of the graviton energy must be channeled into a single burst rather than adding a random shift to the frequency because that won't work. The lack of further tetryon emissions in her bedroom will confirm the closure.

Mystery solved!

So if I understand it correctly, the woman was abducted, and to find out what happened they came to the brilliant idea to set up a camera, to see if it happens again?
Well, if I wanted to produce a hoax like this, I'd be looking for a non-creepy reason to have an IR camera in the bedroom, too.

So is the argument now that Mick could not have settled down to flatness more slowly?

I guess he could have settled down more slowly; I’m not sure that he’d end up so flat if he did so.

Also I think Mick’s camera is at a higher viewpoint than the original video so it’s harder to compare the flatness level in the two videos.

For me the strange thing is that she appears as quickly as she disappears. You would think that she would have to fight gravity as she appears. She seems to spring up without any signs that she is laboring to prop herself up with her elbows and knees.

Who knows? If I speculate about such things I’ll be ridiculed!
Well, so far Mick's replication of the event is the most supported story. Excessive speculation without evidence usually is not helpful as it leads to "aliens using molecular transporter technology," explanations.

For me the strange thing is that she appears as quickly as she disappears. You would think she would have to be fighting gravity as she appears. She seems to spring up without laboring to prop herself up with her elbows and knees.
I disagree, at ~1:48 you can see her shoulder start to move, then very quickly she sticks her butt up in the air, once again assuming the exaggerated doggie position, before swinging her leg out to further fluff the sheets.

The fact that the whole "disappearance" begins and ends with this doggie move that clearly fluffs the sheets and creates a more dramatic contrast between the sheets up in the air and them laying on the bed makes me suspect. I would want to see some sort of control. They claim to have been using the camera before this particular night, although even that is a little unclear. She claims that the first abduction, or at least the first one in December that prompted the use of the camera, happened on 12/3.

Bold by me:
While she was fine with waking up in the morning, going to bed was a whole different matter. As the days went by her fear of going to sleep at night got steadily worse and worse until she was absolutely terrified and tried to stay up as long as possible so she would not have to lie down. The fear was overwhelming but Susan had no idea why she was feeling so frightened. It was at this point that Badir decided to take action and set up an infra red camera which they own. He wanted to reassure Susan that nothing was coming to take her away at night. He set it up at the base of the bedroom facing the bed. From that point on the camera was switched on each night.

The second abduction was on 12/9, so we have 6 days in between. But we have them saying, or at least we have Hodrien reporting that they said, an unspecified number of "days went by" until the camera was set up. So it's possible that this is the first and only time the camera was used, or there could be a few days of recording where nothing happened.

If there is additional recordings, it'd be interesting to see if she routinely gets into this doggie position while sleeping.

Mick lying flat is Mick lying flat. it doesnt matter how his body got flat. He's not a cartoon where his body might squish out flatter if he landed fast.

True! I thought if he went down slower the bed covering might be more likely to ruck up.

Agreed, it's really close, even if Mick does it a bit more quickly. It's a good example demonstrating how something could appear the way it does, but is then brushed aside because it doesn't look exactly alike in every detail.

Whereas Mick just flattened himself, I think the lady, after getting into an exaggerated doggie pose, lowered herself down on her right side right up against the man, who we get to see at the end, is a "big boy". She's basically is in the sheet shadow, for lack of a better word, of the man.

The video is full of artifacts, but sure looks to me like you can see what would be her left shoulder as she spoons up to the man as the sheets settle and she "vanishes". Note, this is the same spot, the shoulder hump, that first moves as she "reappears".

We may have to get Mick to try again with a big hairy fat guy in the bed that he can spoon up to.

And I'm still not ruling out a hoax of some sort. Something as simple as they watched their own recordings a few times and learned how to get up in the odd doggie pose to fluff the sheets up and then where to quickly settle so that we get the effect we see.

And yes, watching strangers in bed is a bit uoggie.

Just started to peruse the report by Dave Hodrien, but here's a few highlights:

The lady in this report, who I shall call Susan, has had contact related experiences right back to her childhood. These experiences have included multiple abductions and visitations by ET beings, UFO sightings, missing time, paranormal activity and psychic abilities. And with this particular case there is one piece of evidence which is extremely rare in the field of ET contact… one of her abductions appears to have been captured on video camera!
So this is not a one off experience, this lady is very prone to these types of things.

In the months following, I analysed the video footage which seemed to show Susan vanishing from her bed on the night of the 2nd abduction. I also sent it off for analysis to several video experts. Although they could not shed any further light on exactly what the footage showed, you can read about my own analysis of the footage later in this report.
Haven't read his analysis, but I'm going to bet that he shed further light on the video after several video experts were unable to.

Throughout the year, Susan spoke with numerous other UFO groups and individuals about her experiences. She spoke at Expolitics 2011 conference, and was also interviewed by a camera crew for an American documentary.

On 15th March I and Susan gave a joint talk at BUFOG about her experiences. The lecture went very well and we received some very positive feedback from it. Both I and Susan are happy to repeat this talk at other venues, so if you’re interested in arranging a lecture please get in touch.
So sounds like Susan is a bit of a celebrity in the UK UFOlogy world, and is ready to give more talks.

I'll share some more when I sit down for lunch later today.

All EC from:
A celebrity eh! There could be a clue there.

I would want to see some sort of control.
I'd suggest "do it again but omit the sheet." Then we could see if she is beamed up to the alien mother ship, or just lies down really flat, or does something else.

If the aliens can only abduct her from under a sheet, that seems a little suspicious. Them returning her under the sheet is already a bit silly (alien transport technology first fluffs up the sheet so she'll have room to reappear back under it, and just coincidentally the camera also can't see what happens, really?)

And to be clear, I would not ridicule a fellow member posting here in good faith, trying to sort stuff out. I might toss some gentle ridicule towards some claims made by folks posting what seem to me to be fraudulent videos to YouTube. And if I am wrong, perhaps they can post some video evidence that does not hide the actual evidence under a convenient sheet.

The second abduction was on 12/9, so we have 6 days in between. But we have them saying, or at least we have Hodrien reporting that they said, an unspecified number of "days went by" until the camera was set up. So it's possible that this is the first and only time the camera was used, or there could be a few days of recording where nothing happened.

If there is additional recordings, it'd be interesting to see if she routinely gets into this doggie position while sleeping.

Dave Hodrien said:
It wasn’t long before another incident took place. It was the 9th December 2010, the second night that the camera was set up.

So the camera was used twice. I guess the first time Susan had no recollection of an abduction so they didn’t check the recording.

Just before she flattens out (0:31) presumably she is kneeling with her head down and her bottom up to its fullest height. The red line is at the level of the headboard of the bed.

0_31.jpg

One naturally assumes that as she lifts herself up (1:51) she reverses the action she performed to flatten out. However one can clearly see that her bottom is now up to the level of the headboard.

1_51.jpg

This fact seems to contradict the natural explanation that she simply flattened herself out, slept on her stomach for 12 minutes, and then lifted herself up on her elbows and knees.

This fact seems to contradict the natural explanation that she simply flattened herself out, slept on her stomach for 12 minutes, and then lifted herself up on her elbows and knees.
Why? She simply stuck her butt up higher in the air when "reappearing". Here's some yoga poses (child pose, cat & cow pose, downward dog pose) to help visualize:

1640188705090.png1640189161102.png1640188971294.png
Not saying she's actually doing yoga, but any variations between these poses would produce the effect.

And yes, if she's doing downward dog when "reappearing", it would be very unusual to get like that in bed. Which makes me suspect. According to the 2 reports by Holdrien, this lady claims to have been abducted multiple times since the age of 3 and when one of these abductions is caught on camera, it all takes place under a sheet. A sheet pulled all the way up and over her head.

Mick's demo clearly shows how to achieve the look in the video, if not exactly, with no aliens and no magic tricks.

What is the alien answer to her butt being above the level of the headboard? When they teleported her back under the sheets, they mistakenly had her floating above the bed? Even that doesn't work, as she rises up until her butt is above the headboard, so maybe as they teleported her back and her body is reassembled they made her giant sized for a moment? Then corrected their mistake and made her normal size again? Alien answers take a lot of wild speculation.

This seems to contradict the natural explanation that she simply flattened herself out, slept on her stomach for 12 minutes, and then lifted herself up on her elbows and knees.

I'm not sure it does:up but 1.jpg
For simplicity in drawing I've left the arms out of it, and just dealt with how the rear end is higher or lower depending on angles of the hips/knees. (Lines for back and legs are the same length.) I don't see any basis to assume that in both instances she would have "hit the same mark" exactly. This would apply whether she was mimicking disappearing intentionally, or inadvertently while sleeping.

Also, she has her head and shoulders raised in the second image -- I wonder if your line there is across her shoulders, and in perspective seeming above her hind end? Hard to be sure in such low quality imagery, but it looks likely to me, for whatever that is worth.

(Edited to add: Dang it, NorCal Dave was faster than me! But I worked over 9,000 hours to make that lovely image so I'm leaving it up unless moderators decide it is unnecessarily redundant duplication of excess surplusage.)

Back