Diana W. Pasulka - aliens & religion & other dimensions (JRE podcast #2091)

Why? Why would you want to do that?

Because it's fascinating. Also, because the experience is subjective, the only way to know what other people are talking about is to have the experience oneself. I mean, this is the very basis of scientific 'replication'.

My minor contribution to this discussion would be that some migraine sufferers, like me, occasional see what's called a "migraine aura," which is generally experienced as a zig-zaggy visual distortion across the field of vision, sometimes static, sometimes migratory, which appears whether you have your eyes open or not.

Amazingly I had my very first experience of migraine aura just a few days ago. Possibly a result of new blood pressure meds. A few notes...

1) It started off ( like yours ) as a sort of small C shaped shimmery area in the left field of vision.
2) Surprisingly, though it was in the left vision, if I closed either eye I could still see it in the active field of vision ( which would indicate it was brain induced and not the eye itself )
3) The C shaped area gradually extended in length and size, and became full of zig-zaggy lines. Actually quite beautiful...but also gave a sort of 'What the **** is this ?' scariness as I'd never experienced it before.
4) The pattern moved outwards towards the edge of my field of vision....and was at its most amazing right at the edge, where it was lots of flickering blue and red light. Then it disappeared.

I experienced it again 2 days later. Doc has taken me off the new meds after I mentioned it. This video gives a quite close simulation of what it looked like, though it was not quite as bright and the zig-zaggy area was itself still transparent.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVFIcF9lyk8

Back