Debunking Humor...

On 20 October 2020, OSIRIS-REx landed on the asteroid Bennu. That's when I made my only meme (left). It's sort of a comment on the FE meme on the right. However, my meme did not go viral. Why? :( ;)

meemit.jpg

On 20 October 2020, OSIRIS-REx landed on the asteroid Bennu. That's when I made my only meme (left). It's sort of a comment on the FE meme on the right. However, my meme did not go viral. Why? :( ;)

Not a bad meme at all. :) 'Insider' memes taking jabs at fringe groups are bound not to go viral.

Here's one I, an avid reader of Marvel comics in my teens (not a lover of the MCU crap on film), made which also never saw the light of day.

Galactus Meme.jpg

trying to remember whether the highest mountain above sea level is K1 or K2
FYI it's neither, K1 is the 22nd highest.
Article:
K2 is the second highest mountain in the world and is located in the Karakoram Range on the border of China and Pakistan. The name K2 comes from the British surveyor T.G. Montgomerie who was the first to map the area. The “K” comes from the Karakoram Range and the “2” comes from the fact that it was the second peak that Montgomerie listed in his report.

A joke:
A particle physicist met a quark collector and discovered the latter, named Richard, had managed to get his hands on two of the most elusive quarks - the notorious up-quark and the sought-after down-quark.

Now the physicist was a bit of a connoisseur himself, and had managed to get his hands on all the four other quarks and their anti-quarks: he caught the ever-fleeting top quark near the last base camp on the Mount Everest, had discovered the appealing Charm quark in a beauty contest in Nevada, only barely managed to escape with the Strange quark from a sect of occult satanists and built his own bathyscape to collect a Bottom quark from the Mariana Trench.

He had long sought after the two remaining specimens to complete his collection, but to no avail. So he was delighted at first, but the quark collector was not ready to part with his ornaments.
Our physicist first tried to appeal to Rich's generosity, by pleading him to give him the up-quark. He was however rudely refused.

He then tried a different angle: he offered to hire the down quark for a short period (and an outrageous sum of money, let it be said), hoping to appeal to Rick's greed, but alas.
After weeks of pleading, begging, raging and convincing, he sent one final e-mail asking for either the top quark to be given or the down to be borrowed.
The next day, he received this email:
'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down...'
Content from External Source

FYI, writing that they were trying to remember whether it was K1 or K2 is part of the joke.
you do realize you posted all this 3.5 years ago here, right?

edit..oh, apparently i posted it 3.5 years ago. yours was the curvature thing
That's barely believable. Though I'm glad it happened, since I've caught a fair bit of stick for repeatedly saying he was wrong with his "can't see curve from 120,000 feet" thing.

Last edited:
A Higgs Boson particle ran into a church and screamed at the priest, “stop, you can’t have mass without me”.

I may be moving over to the "supply" side of UFO reports with my newest kite! You guys won't be able to debunk THIS!

I may be moving over to the "supply" side of UFO reports with my newest kite! You guys won't be able to debunk THIS!

thats beautiful and really cool!
just make sure that eric davis doesnt see this or we will have the next "highly respected (among believers) scientist proofs alien" debunk to do.

Apollo 17 (December 7–19, 1972) was the final mission of NASA's Apollo program, the most recent time humans have set foot on the Moon or traveled beyond low Earth orbit. It ended 50 years ago today.

Last year's meme:

Attachments

• QJLPrZ0_d.webp
    34 KB · Views: 196
gimbal claus.jpgWishing y'all a Merry Christmas, them what celebrates it, and general merriness to be applied to your own traditions and holidays to them what doesn't. I appreciate the gift of Not Being Fooled By Stuff that y'all give, through your work here -- that's a gift that keeps on giving, and I thank you all!

Back