Debunking Humor...

Libraries...comedy and commentary.

libraries.jpg
This describes exactly what has just happened in my town in Kent. The public library closed for a couple of months for a revamp, and reopened to news of a 30 percent cut in opening times.

This describes exactly what has just happened in my town in Kent. The public library closed for a couple of months for a revamp, and reopened to news of a 30 percent cut in opening times.

My local library in London was opened by Mark Twain - and the vandals still shut it ....

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2011/oct/13/kensal-rise-library-closed-depressing

"Mark Twain, the great American writer who opened the library over a century ago, must be turning in his grave at Councillor Ann John's laughable statement that she is "pleased" because now Brent can "push ahead with our exciting plans to improve Brent's library service and offer a 21st-century service for the benefit of all our residents".

"Flat Earthers have nothing to fear except sphere itself" - Mark Twain

actually that last bit is not true - Mark Twain never said that !!

Hm. Even though it looks authentic I have my doubts about that one.

Did Mark Twain ever refer to himself in the third person? I'll have to go do some checking.

This one's definitely genuine though:

(You can only imagine how much it kills me to post a meme with a spelling mistake in it.)

Last edited:
The number of misattributed quotes of 'his' I come across, I'm beginning to wonder if he ever said anything.

If Twain said something humorous in the forest, and nobody was there to hear it...would it still be funny ?

If Twain said nothing in no forest and no one was there to hear it...would it still get made into a meme?

Have you ever noticed that whenever you are in a hurry you always get stuck behind an elderly person?
There is a reason......

Last edited:
Back