Debunking Humor...

I initially read the last one as Monty Python vs Gatorade

now that is left field I thought,

a 1970's comedy ensemble versus a sports drink

the reality seems ludicrously mundane in comparison

Last edited:
CDC releases 124 million page document of non vaccine-injured children

“We felt it only right to be open and transparent when it comes to vaccines and children,” said CDC and Merck President Dr. Frank Sharpe. “The list has the names of over 6 billion children who have received vaccines over the years without any adverse reactions.”
Content from External Source
http://thespudd.com/cdc-releases-124-millionm-page-docuent-of-non-vaccine-injured-children/

I apologise in advance, if this is a wrong thread for the following image, currently trending in Russian social networks:

I could find neither the original source of this image, nor any use of it by non-Russian sources, however. Could it be a fake?

Update
Found one English link: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3411656/posts
She won with about 64% last week so at some point this could have been true. Looks like a local TV station news.

Do you mean 106% could have been true?o_O
It's a weird anomaly that comes up sometimes when you report states before they've finished reporting (note it's only 44% in at this point) and without sanitizing the raw data they give you - when a county is partially reported, some of them may not report total votes, but still report tallies per candidate because the media loves those numbers. So if you just take the feed's raw data for votes reported and votes tallied per candidate, the total votes tallied can exceed votes reported because you're missing some numbers for the total.

For the election itself, it'll work itself out because none of this live media feed is official anyway and all that matters is the final numbers the counties report, which this won't happen with. For TV, most news channels know enough to fix their data, but there's always that rush to be the first one with something - ANYTHING - on the screen, because even if you screw it up, the viewers can't unwatch that commercial break you sprung on them abruptly. And everybody gets the real numbers eventually anyway and any mistakes can be quietly ignored.

Last edited:
Back