Debunking Humor...

pre 1995 choo choo trails

10441320_690774244328228_8009347992544145128_n.jpg
Theres something very impressive about the sight, sound and smell of a steam loco working hard.
Here's some nice footage of BR class 8P pacific 71000 Duke of Gloucester on the notorious Devon banks

And here GWR King Class 6024 King Edward 1 climbs Ais Gill on the Settle and Carlisle line

Last edited:
The latest spam email I've received:

'Good day,

May The Almighty God Bless You Amen.

Am Pastor Patrick from CHRIST CHOSEN CHURCH OF GOD NIGERIA
INTEL.God have a message for you and your family. the almighty reviled
your email to me and ask me to pray for you. so that the bad plans the
Satan has planned against your family will not come to pass.

My good friend this is very serious something very bad is about to
happen in your family right now. please contact us for prayers, so
that the plan the evil ones have plan against you shall not come to
pass. i pray that god should protect you and your family before you
get this message. remain blessed.
my email: onlineprayers4god@gmail.com
phone number:+2348145964501

i ray that god will guard your family AMEN.

Pastor Patrick'

Ten points for originality.

The latest spam email I've received:

'Good day,

May The Almighty God Bless You Amen.

Am Pastor Patrick from CHRIST CHOSEN CHURCH OF GOD NIGERIA
INTEL.God have a message for you and your family. the almighty reviled
your email to me and ask me to pray for you. so that the bad plans the
Satan has planned against your family will not come to pass.

My good friend this is very serious something very bad is about to
happen in your family right now. please contact us for prayers, so
that the plan the evil ones have plan against you shall not come to
pass. i pray that god should protect you and your family before you
get this message. remain blessed.
my email: onlineprayers4god@gmail.com
phone number:+2348145964501

i ray that god will guard your family AMEN.

Pastor Patrick'

Ten points for originality.
oh yea. i put a hex on you a while back cause you irritated me and i forgot to take it off. oops. :rolleyes:

"Over unity is more than possible...."

(quoted from a post, here on metabunk.)
The person who typed it, did not realize they created a pun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(over-analyzing it...)
Maybe it's only in this context (over-unity), that makes it a pun.
I've looked-up several usages of this phrase (something is "more than possible")....and it appears in scholarly books and writings.

Dictionary def. of "possible".....

adjective: possible
. able to be done; within the power or capacity of someone or something.
"surely it's not possible for a man to live so long?"

noun: possible; plural noun: possibles
a person or thing that has the potential to become or do something, especially a potential candidate for a job or membership on a team.
"I have marked five possibles with an asterisk"
~~~~

Or...."I ate more than possible." (....but because if all was eaten, it was possible. So to eat more than possible, would be impossible).
Perhaps "more than possible" means... 'it hasn't happened yet, or has yet to be proven'....or ....'with sufficient evidence, it could be possible'.

Upon searching definitions, certain logic systems define "possible" as....
"possible if and only if it is not necessarily false (regardless of whether it is actually true or actually false)"
And there are various Modal Logic symbols used to display temporal concerns...
□ ....It is necessary that .. (in this case "unity")
◊ ....It is possible that … (possibility)
> ...More than (in math)

So a (my) simple equation of the "over unity is more than possible" could be...
> □ = >◊

(I tried, it's all new to me.)
I'm sure there is a better equation.

Last edited:
just wondering if anyone has done anything about how hard it must be to be in the illuminati these days - back in the good old days everything used to be kept secret, or only written about in fringe magazines but now its all over the internet, and they get blamed for everything that goes on whether they planned or or not - plane crashes, contrails, etc ...

just wondering if anyone has done anything about how hard it must be to be in the illuminati these days - back in the good old days everything used to be kept secret, or only written about in fringe magazines but now its all over the internet, and they get blamed for everything that goes on whether they planned or or not - plane crashes, contrails, etc ...
Its great, not hard at all, we... I mean they can get on with all the real sinister stuff, like... well that is still secret, but all these claims that we... THEY are behind everything that is reported just draws the heat off.

I think we should start a labeling campaign....
Mandatory declaration label for safe-and-sane food
products that are "chemtrail free".....

chemtrail_free.jpg

(darn, I forgot "GMO-free")

Last edited:
Also:

May Contain Nuts

Lord Vetinari, the Patrician and supreme ruler of the city, took proper food labelling very seriously. Unfortunately, he sought he advice of the wizards of Unseen University on this one, and posed the question thusly: 'Can you, taking into account multi-dimensional phase space, meta-statical anomaly and the laws of probability, guarantee that anything with absolute certainty contains no nuts at all?' After several days, they had to conclude that the answer was 'no'. Lord Vetinari refused to accept 'Probably does not contain nuts' because he considered it unhelpful.
-Terry Prachett, The Science of Discworld II: the Globe
Content from External Source

Its great, not hard at all, we... I mean they can get on with all the real sinister stuff, like... well that is still secret, but all these claims that we... THEY are behind everything that is reported just draws the heat off.

i thought as much - since according to the conspiracy theorists you ... er they control the internet, it follows that they must be the ones spreading all the conspiracy theories in the first place - which achieves the double aims of making themselves seem more powerful and in control than they really are, and being able to secretly keep tabs on the people that visit the conspiracy websites ...

My wife briefly fell for that one. When she checked her calendar and noticed the 13th was a Tuesday she asked me if they meant a different year. When she finally realized that Halloween is never on the 13th (Friday or otherwise) she asked me why so many people are sharing it, and I said, "They're either gullible or trolling for gullible people," and then it took me several minutes to realize why I have to sleep on the couch tonight.

Back