Debunked: Video claims to show that perspective is non-linear [Table not flat]

This claim is trivial to debunk in a 3D program. Here are 40 blocks in a straight line on a flat surface, "photographed" with 75-, 500-, and 15-mm lenses respectively. (But I guess Blender could be a conspiracy.)

FE 75.png

FE 500.png

FE 15.png

Here are 40 blocks in a straight line on a flat surface, "photographed" with 75-, 500-, and 15-mm lenses respectively.
If you have a minute and are bored, it might be helpful to do that again, with a curved surface (Earth or table top) and with the blocks in a curved rather than straight line

If it's a lot if effort, don't worry about it...

a curved surface (Earth
he would have to add a lego texture to the blocks. or we wouldnt see any disappearing feet like we do in the Dubay vid.
yes the grey blocks at the end would be a tad bit shorter, but im not sure that would be visible enough to viewers.

If you have a minute and are bored, it might be helpful to do that again, with a curved surface (Earth or table top) and with the blocks in a curved rather than straight line
Didn't get to the texturing, but here they are, crudely over about 2.4° of arc, 75mm lens. (A screenshot because it glitched when I tried to render.)

Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 5.03.41 PM.png

Curved surface (a white heavy cardboard top on a somewhat smaller box on a table, that I use as a standing jigsaw puzzle table. It sags a bit where it extends beyond the box).
Image one: Lego on the board, equal distance apart. Note that their shadows are not visible for the last couple.
Image two is from board height, showing the curvature.
803AEBCE-DD73-427D-8C11-63F04F2CCC88.jpeg94E8D1EB-7911-4476-93C4-10EBE38E29B6.jpeg
Note that some knobs are hidden for for the last three.

Back