Debunked: March against Monsanto campaign

lee h oswald

Banned
Banned
I am appalled that someone can use these products and still claim to be 'organic'... What do you have to do to not be organic? It makes a mockery of everything. There should be a law against it... in fact I'd be surprised if there wasn't even in the U.S Get your brainless-feetless steroidal, irradiated, four legged organically grown, glow in the dark chickens here!
Shocking innit, O?

Jay Reynolds

Senior Member.
I am appalled that someone can use these products and still claim to be 'organic'.

Grieves, within twenty years, GMO's will be acceptable under all organic certifications.

Some petroleum oils are listed under OMRI rules as Certified Organic.

I used some glyphosate to kill poison ivy in the woods. Big whoop. Crucify me.

Valid. Monsanto does have an inordinate level of influence within American politics.

Valid. Monsanto's inordinate level of influence within American politics give it an advantage over others.

Possible. There has been evidence of infertility in livestock as the result of GMO feedstock.

Possible. Colony Collapse Disorder is a big concern, and roundup/other pesticides remain a major suspect.

the word "inordinate" is subjective.

Grieves your link doesn't support your claim that Roundup or glyphosate is a problem.

The article refers to some researchers who claim a non-monsanto pesticide used as a seed treatment may be part of the reasons for bee problems. However, they exposed the bees not to the treated seeds, which are planted UNDERGROUND, but to much higher levels of the pesticide directly, not levels which might be found on the seeds planted underground or within the plants that grow.

Sounds like another "overdose" study where they give "inordinate" amounts of a substance to show an effect.

I get a kick out of the comments below the article which says CRUCIFY Monsanto, FEED MONSANTO TO KIM JONG IL!
The truth is that Monsanto doesn't make that pesticide.
[...]

Jay Reynolds

Senior Member.
Lee said:
Because it's obvious to me that you're trying to grow the wrong crop.

Well, it's very obvious to me that you don't know what the hell you are talking about, Lee.

I found exactly the crop of corn I needed to grow.
One input.
A seed.
The right seed.
A genetically modified seed.
Created by Monsanto.

Millions of farmers made the same choice, and get happier about it every year.

[...]

Cairenn

Senior Member.
The monopoly myth persists because it fits their beliefs.

I was chatting with a friend who owns a farm in Ark, on Sun and she does plant some GM crops including cotton. Her cotton is dryland farmed and her yield went up significantly when they went to round up read cotton.

JRBids

Senior Member.
Originally Posted by JRBids
You make it sound as if the fields are being sprayed by planes or something. We used to use round up around the vines in our vineyard and you have to be very careful how windy it is an how you apply it.

No doubt they were your 'organic' vines lol. Most big operations spray it all over the place but assume it is safe because it is done early on when the crop is young. That is incorrect. It does lasting damage

Oxy, if you "spray it all over the place" you'll kill the crop too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay Reynolds

Senior Member.
Mick, thank you for removing both Lee's scatological provocation and my similar (Monty Python quoting) retort. Very fair.

Jay Reynolds

Senior Member.
^^^ Obviously does not own a farm.

Typical city folk, always trying to tell farmers how to run their business and what they should do with their land.
Guess what? Farmer's don't listen to people who tell them to make bad decisions. Farmers make their own decisions often taking risks city folks know nothing about and would be paralyzed at taking.

Planting anything takes a certain amount of faith as well, often you fail no matter what you try to do. I have to pardon Lee and Grieves, they simply cannot relate to what farmers do. They live in a world in which they feel they know better than the farmers who take all the risk. They dislike capitalism where risk taken sometimes equals reward, they feel that they should be the arbiters of who gains and who loses because capitalism is corrupt and success is never the result of performance of hard work or making correct decisions. In their world, success comes at the expense of others. They are essentially 'Takers', wanting to take away people's property rights, patent rights, and even their right to succeed.

The attraction of farming to me was taking raw natural elements of sun soil and water and working with it to produce something out of nothing that I could hold in my hand, then sell to others who needed my products. I doubt that either Grieves or Lee have had that experience thus they simply cannot even begin to relate to it.

Why is it that people who know the least about a subject are usually easily misled about it?

Oops, I think I answered my own question.

Cairenn

Senior Member.
Yes her profits increased. If they hadn't, she would have planted something different. Her land is suitable for cotton, corn or soybeans. She usually plants some of all of them.

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
A case where a man's bees were seized in Illinois is being suggested as being instigated by Monsanto.
If nothing else, certainly a case of faceless bureaucracy doing its ham-fisted usual.
The story is being picked up by conspiracy and anti-GMO sites, but the link to Monsanto is speculation only at this point as far as I can see. (This was a case from last year, but was posted on an anti-GMO site just recently.
http://www.antigmofoods.com/2013/05/illinois-illegally-seizes-bees.html)
Original story...
http://www.pacc-news.com/5-2-12/heart_ingram5_2_12.htm

An ATS post that provides a different interpretation.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread845192/pg1
So, perhaps not such a violation as it seems, but interesting how the story is being used now.

Cairenn

Senior Member.
I did some more checking on that and it seems that the bee keeper had a disease and claimed he didn't, even though tests said he did. Then he started changing his story and saying that if left alone the disease would not be spread. I posted that somewhere on here, but I don't remember which thread.

pseacraft

I am appalled that someone can use these products and still claim to be 'organic'... What do you have to do to not be organic? It makes a mockery of everything. There should be a law against it... in fact I'd be surprised if there wasn't even in the U.S

Well then maybe you should read the US Law on what is Organic - The Organic Foods Production Act (OFPA), enacted under Title 21 of the 1990 Farm Bill. And maybe what the Canadian, UK and EU laws say as well. Here is an excerpt from the USDA website linked below:

What are organic production systems and practices?

“Organic farming entails:

Use of cover crops, green manures, animal manures and crop rotations to fertilize the soil, maximize biological activity and maintain long-term soil health.
Use of biological control, crop rotations and other techniques to manage weeds, insects and diseases.
An emphasis on biodiversity of the agricultural system and the surrounding environment.
Using rotational grazing and mixed forage pastures for livestock operations and alternative health care for animal wellbeing.
Reduction of external and off-farm inputs and elimination of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers and other materials, such as hormones and antibiotics.
A focus on renewable resources, soil and water conservation, and management practices that restore, maintain and enhance ecological balance.”

Transitioning to Organic Production. USDA Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE), 2006. http://www.sare.org/publications/organic/organic01.htm

“Organic Principles. There are several compelling principles that characterize certified organic farming. They include biodiversity, integration, sustainability, natural plant nutrition, natural pest management, and integrity. Most organic operations will reflect all of these to a greater or lesser degree. Since each farm is a distinct entity, there is a large degree of variation.” Organic Crop Production Overview, by George Kuepper and Lance Gegner. ATTRA - National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service
http://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/organiccrop.html

Organic production is not simply the avoidance of conventional chemical inputs, nor is it the substitution of natural inputs for synthetic ones. Organic farmers apply techniques first used thousands of years ago, such as crop rotations and the use of composted animal manures and green manure crops, in ways that are economically sustainable in today's world. In organic production, overall system health is emphasized, and the interaction of management practices is the primary concern. Organic producers implement a wide range of strategies to develop and maintain biological diversity and replenish soil fertility.”

http://www.nal.usda.gov/afsic/pubs/ofp/ofp.shtml
(emphasis is mine)

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
I did some more checking on that and it seems that the bee keeper had a disease and claimed he didn't, even though tests said he did. Then he started changing his story and saying that if left alone the disease would not be spread. I posted that somewhere on here, but I don't remember which thread.

Yeah I should have made my post more thorough before posting - fixed it.

Critical Thinker

Senior Member.
http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...wing_the_science_to_scare_people_.single.html

Critical Thinker

Senior Member.
One of my favorite sites: Ted.com is under fire from the anti-Monsanto folks (NaturalNews) because Ted issued a letter clarifying their position not to have presenters who offer up pseudo-science.

Here is the link to the article on NaturalNews

and here is an excerpt from the letter by Ted Talks

Critical Thinker

Senior Member.
The San Diego conspiracy promoters have organized yet another protest, based on the usual misinformation and scare-mongering that has been debunked.

Capture.JPG

In Syd Steven's (SoCal Skywatch) other profile he is trying to conflate the chemtrail BS with the anti-Monsanto rhetoric:

Capture.JPG

Many of my friends are activists and their knee jerk reaction is to be supportive of anyone else that labels themselves an activist, and sadly they buy into the BS from the local conspiracy promoters without looking into the claims of evidence. It is so simple to just Google 'GMO claims debunked', but they cannot imagine that people spread bunk intentionally, particularly other 'activists' they believe to be friends.

Marching Against Monsanto? What You Need To Know First

Furthermore, on the wikipedia page for the March against Monsanto, they state (and provide citations):

Last edited:

Soulfly

Banned
Banned
News of the march was trending (on the side bar) on my FB earlier. No longer listed in the top trends though.

Critical Thinker

Senior Member.
The San Diego conspiracy promoter, Syd Stevens (Socal Skywatch) was thrilled to be captured in the RT post of a youtube video of the San Diego March Against Monsanto, one of the comments offered extensive information regarding GMO-safety studies.

SydStevensRTMoment.JPG

Here is the comment with the studies and rebuttal.
Sadly no one seemed interested in the actual facts and the sourced studies that the debunker presented.

Hevach

Senior Member.
If your concerned about something which the people who DO keep Panda bears have extensive studied knowledge about and have established is not a concern in the animals' survival, you should not stop being concerned for the Pandas, but you should change your concerns.

Since you mention Pandas specifically, the types of rocks used in their zoo enclosures has been a thing activists raise alarm about. Biologists and zookeepers have never found reason to follow the expense of having Asian rocks imported rather than using local sources, and no Panda has come to harm due to their refusal to use imported rocks. It's reasonable to believe the rock concern is baseless without suggesting people should stop being concerned for the species as a whole.

Colony collapse syndrome equally affects bees which do and do not have access to GM crops, and its onset in an area previously unaffected has never coincided with the introduction of a new GM crop. Hence the people who do keep bees are not concerned with GM crops, and if you are you're going to have to explain to a group of people who handle potentially deadly animals that you know more about their job than they do because internet.

Boik14

Just reading through this thread and I decided to sign on, it seems a lot of this board is from other areas of the world. In the United States, I think most people, myself included, just wanted to know if a product is or is not a GMO product. There are laws that require the ingredients of a product to be listed so why should there be protection over whether a product is or is not a GMO product. It is about the right to choose. And the reason that right isnt being granted and wont be granted until more people press government here for GMO labeling is because the EPA and FDA, as well as congress are heaviliy infiltrated by current and former monsanto employees. But people do have a right to know what they are putting in their bodies and it should be their responsibility, not governments.

Svartbjørn

Senior Member.
Just reading through this thread and I decided to sign on, it seems a lot of this board is from other areas of the world. In the United States, I think most people, myself included, just wanted to know if a product is or is not a GMO product. There are laws that require the ingredients of a product to be listed so why should there be protection over whether a product is or is not a GMO product. It is about the right to choose. And the reason that right isnt being granted and wont be granted until more people press government here for GMO labeling is because the EPA and FDA, as well as congress are heaviliy infiltrated by current and former monsanto employees. But people do have a right to know what they are putting in their bodies and it should be their responsibility, not governments.

@Boik14 what exactly do you mean by "infiltrated?"

El Duderino

I hear many people claim that the FDA and certain educational institutions are infiltrated, paid off, etc by Monsanto. It seems that anyone who hasn't found GMO foods to be a health risk is infiltrated, taking payments, etc from Monsanto, hmmm..... If it's a persons responsibility to know what they are putting in their body, why is it the governments responsibility to require labeling? Shouldn't the company selling the food product decide whether or not to label it and not the govt.? Shouldn't the consumer who doesn't want to eat GMO foods only buy food from companies who label their product "non-GMO" (or just grow their own food), rather than wanting the government to require all GMO foods be labeled? There are many food items labeled non-GMO, however this seems more like a marketing gimmick rather than a safety concern.

WeedWhacker

......it seems a lot of this board is from other areas of the world.

Welcome and yes there are a variety of "time-zones" represented. My experience has been that this is a natural result of the World Wide Web...aka, Internet. (For those who are lucky enough to have access, anyways...).

In the United States...

Myself, born and have lived here all my life. No problems so far.....(Pacific Time Zone atm, in case were wondering).

....I think most people, myself included, just wanted to know if a product is or is not a GMO product. There are laws that require the ingredients of a product to be listed so why should there be protection over whether a product is or is not a GMO product.

Well, that's that, then....innit? (Sorry..."isn't it"...I have picked up a bit of slang from other countries, as I've traveled).

Frankly, I do not see the "concern" over GMO. There are many, many other things to be grabbing attention (and NO! I do not, nor ever have, worked for Monsanto). Now, show some actual irrefutable evidence that GMO foods are "worse" than the typical diet that is a result of expediency, with added natural 'sugars' (AKA, corn syrup) and sodium that has contributed to an obesity epidemic in most Western industrialized countries?

Speaking of a "type" of GMO...does it qualify as "GMO" when you eat a banana? Because, you of course realize, that the 'modern' banana is the result of Human intervention in the plant, by selectively breeding it in a way to arrive at its current form.
ONE article: http://cwh.ucsc.edu/bananas/Site/Modern History of the Banana.html

But more about the derivation from the "native" plants to its current (common) form:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana
I recently heard on NPR an interesting story about how some scientists at University of California, Davis are working to make strawberries better, and more tasty. It is a BIG business, strawberries (here in Southern California).

Ah, here is a link to that story, for reference (and interest):
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/20...reatens-key-source-of-california-strawberries

Last edited:

Soulfly

Banned
Banned
The fight to label food with NO-GMO has nothing to do with the safety or freedom of choice. It has to do with corporations wanting more market share and using fear to achieve it. Some are already willing to lie and use the NO GMO tag to sell their product. Even when their product cannot be genetically modified. Since it has no DNA to modify.
http://www.amazon.com/Salt-Himalayan-Gourmet-Chemicals-Non-gmo/dp/B007PR93EU

If they do ever require labeling in my state, I'll make sure to support science with my purchases.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West Debunked: The Science Claims of Global March Against Chemtrails and Geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 4
TEEJ Debunked: Claim that Joe Biden's hand passes through microphone during White House press gaggle, 16th March 2021 Election 2020 8
Mick West Debunked: Cop Car Towed to Media Location then Torched at Million Mask March - BX10 LNV Conspiracy Theories 111
derwoodii Debunked: UFO ATTACKS TALIBAN CAMP !!! March 2014 UFOs and Aliens 6
Rory Debunked: UK undertaker's claim that Covid vaccine is responsible for spike in deaths Coronavirus COVID-19 0
Marc Powell Debunked: 9/11 truth experts are knowledgeable professionals and their judgments are to be trusted 9/11 195
Marc Powell Debunked: Explosions preparatory to demolition of the WTC North Tower are visible as Flight 175 crashes into the South Tower 9/11 7
Mick West Debunked: Pfizer Developing a Twice-Per-Day COVID Pill, Taken Alongside Vaccines Coronavirus COVID-19 0
Marc Powell Debunked: Demolition “squib” is visible at top of WTC North Tower before Flight 11 crash 9/11 13
Marc Powell Debunked: Construction worker Philip Morelli experienced an explosion in the sub-basement of the North Tower 9/11 0
Marc Powell Debunked: ABC News correspondent George Stephanopoulos reported an explosion in the subway 9/11 1
Marc Powell Debunked: Debris from twin towers was projected upward by explosives 9/11 13
Marc Powell Debunked: Government officials revealed having foreknowledge of Building 7’s collapse 9/11 58
Marc Powell Debunked: NIST computer simulation of Building 7 collapse is inaccurate 9/11 22
Marc Powell Debunked: FEMA reported finding evidence that steel had melted. 9/11 47
Marc Powell Debunked: VP Dick Cheney ordered a standdown of jet fighters on 9/11 9/11 16
Oystein Debunked: Claim that Bobby McIlvaine's injuries ("lacerations") are best explained as result of glass shards and debris from bombs 9/11 22
Marc Powell Debunked: World Trade Center should not have collapsed due to 9/11 fires 9/11 3
Marc Powell Debunked: Firefighter reports of secondary explosions 9/11 3
Marc Powell Debunked: Steel was hurled hundreds of feet by explosives 9/11 4
Marc Powell Debunked: Demolition Explosion Before Collapse of South Tower 9/11 8
Marc Powell Debunked: Explosion in South Tower Lobby 9/11 7
Marc Powell Debunked: Mysterious Explosion Before the Flight 11 Crash 9/11 48
J.d.K Debunked: Marx: "The classes and the races too weak to master the new conditions must give way... They must perish in the revolutionary Holocaust" Quotes Debunked 0
dimebag2 Poll : Which DOD Navy video do you consider debunked ? UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 74
Mick West Debunked: Diving Triangle UFO Photos from Reddit [Fake] UFOs and Aliens 37
Theferäl [Debunked] Object Seen From Airplane Above Canberra: 04 Apr 2012 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
bird_up Debunked: "Interdimensional being" caught on CCTV in Neza, Mexico Ghosts, Monsters, and the Paranormal 6
M Debunked: Atmospheric pressure on Mars is 9 PSI, not 0.09 PSI as claimed by NASA Science and Pseudoscience 75
Patrick Gonzalez Debunked: missing cable on Perseverance landing footage proves it is fake. General Discussion 3
TEEJ Debunked: Biden's Oval Office "Coming Apart at the Seams" [It's a Door] Election 2020 19
derrick06 Debunked: UFO over California Highway (TMZ) UFOs and Aliens 1
P Debunked: 7 Alleged photos of aliens UFOs and Aliens 9
Mick West Debunked: Biden signing "Blank" Executive Orders Election 2020 5
Mick West Debunked: Biden in "Fake" Oval Office Election 2020 27
P Debunked: UN hidden camera: the first UFO contact happened [Deep Fake] UFOs and Aliens 3
Mick West Debunked: 94% of Fulton County Ballots Manually Adjudicated [It's a Process all Batches go Through] Election 2020 0
Mick West Debunked: "Missile Strike" caused Nashville Explosion General Discussion 3
Mick West Debunked: Nashville Explosion was "Across the Street" from the RV General Discussion 0
Mick West Debunked: "Error rate of 68.5% Allowable is .0008%" [Neither is True] Election 2020 4
Mick West Debunked: Claim that the Electoral College Count On Jan 6 will Change the Election Election 2020 136
Rory Debunked: Einstein wrote "blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth" Quotes Debunked 12
Mick West Debunked: Navid Keshavarz-Nia's Claims of "A Sudden Rise in Slope" as Election Fraud Evidence Election 2020 5
Mick West Debunked: Trump's Claim of "1,126,940 votes created out of thin air" in PA Election 2020 9
Mick West Debunked: Crowder's "Fraud Week" Title Graphic (and Why it Matters) Election 2020 1
JFDee Debunked: Democratic senators complained about 'vote switching' by Dominion voting machines in 2019 Election 2020 2
Mendel Debunked: The Democrats are trying to take away freedom of religion Election 2020 6
H Debunked: Dr. Shiva's Scatterplot Analysis of Michigan Precincts Election 2020 43
Mick West Debunked: Suspicious "Biden Only" Ballots in Georgia Election 2020 3
Mick West Debunked: "Nancy Pelosi's long time Chief of Staff is a key executive at Dominion Voting" Election 2020 0
Related Articles

Related Articles