Debunked: "Demon" Photographed On A Hospital Bed

Emeline

[Admin: Debunk in post #2, scroll down]

This story seems to have gone viral at the moment. The first place I saw it was Rense.com.

GLP have a current thread running on it where you can see the photo.

Any thoughts from anyone?

I don't believe it's a demon but I messed around with it for a bit on my photo editing software and couldn't really get it much clearer.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2476004/pg1

http://beforeitsnews.com/paranormal/2014/02/demon-caught-on-cam-in-hospital-2463776.html

d41cf8ba852b44dc55aa43989ee0fd9a.jpg

Attachments

• 826b5f4e046695787efa75caa71b1d99.jpg
    826b5f4e046695787efa75caa71b1d99.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 56,039
Last edited by a moderator:
It's just a variety of things that happen to line up. The patient's leg, bed rails, and a coat or something hung up in the background. Here I've highlighted the various parts. When you see what they are (particularly the leg and the rail) it's pretty obvious.

Start with the leg. The person is laying in the bed with their left leg bent. All you can see is the left leg.

Here's just the bed and patient isolated:

HD image of original:

Last edited:
I used the HDR setting on Picassa and got this:

But Mick, yeah, I think it's an optical illusion as it were too. Thanks for your response.

Attachments

• ghost_picture_hospital3-002.jpg
    ghost_picture_hospital3-002.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 13,073
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why the legs are upright like someone is standing on the bed..where is the rest of the body?

It's one leg with the knee bent. Looks like two legs. But one is the thigh, the other is the tibia of the same leg.

It's one leg with the knee bent. Looks like two legs. But one is the thigh, the other is the tibia of the same leg.
Ok I see it now. At first I thought it was two legs but now I see the "leg" that looks like it doesn't have a foot is actually the same leg, like you said.

Ok I see it now. At first I thought it was two legs but now I see the "leg" that looks like it doesn't have a foot is actually the same leg, like you said.

Once you've seen the 'demon' it's hard not to see it. I covered the upper body of the demon with my hand to make it easier

You can get these kinds of optical illusions even with relatively clear photographs. I've just happened across a bunch of them over at:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/photos-you-really-need-to-look-at-to-understand

This is a good one... small guy in blue shirt piggyback riding.

1.jpg

A few of the others on that site REALLY make you do a double take.
I just can't figure out #12 on that website, where is the kids head? lol And whats that hanging above the 'arm' in picture #4

It's just a variety of things that happen to line up. The patient leg, bed rails, and a coat or something hung up in the background. Here I've highlighted the various parts. When you see what they are (particularly the leg and the rail) it's pretty obvious.

Start with the leg. The person is laying in the bed with their left leg bent. All you can see is the left leg.

HD image of original:
The moment you pointed out the patient's leg it became very clear to me.

So, it didn't seem to bother anyone that our demon appears to have a comedically gigantic right shoulder?

(oh, wait, maybe that's why he was in the hospital…to get a second opinion on it…)

So, it didn't seem to bother anyone that our demon appears to have a comedically gigantic right shoulder?

(oh, wait, maybe that's why he was in the hospital…to get a second opinion on it…)
lol I was more bothered that his legs weren't attached to his torso

I used the HDR setting on Picassa and got this:

But Mick, yeah, I think it's an optical illusion as it were too. Thanks for your response.

Hmm... has anyone else noticed that 'Skull' within the mirror ???? It is most noticeable in the pic Emeline posted..

Back