Debunked: CNNs Fake News Broadcasts - Charles Jaco and the Fake Live Gulf War Reports

Since you were not there (22 years ago), suggesting that they would be totally unconcerned when the sirens went off seems rather ridiculous.

You're saying this is not debunked just because you personally think they overreacted.

Since you were not there (22 years ago), suggesting that they would be totally unconcerned when the sirens went off seems rather ridiculous.

You're saying this is not debunked just because you personally think they overreacted.
No im saying that the sentiment on the ground was misrepresented by the media personell. The investigating you've done on this has been excellent and it has narrowed the argument for manipulation from a complete fake set to intentional overdramatization. The wild 'o its all fake!' aspect of this has been put to rest by you, but the bigger problem of media manufactured terror has also been highlighted. You've trimmed the fat from this and it is much appreciated. thanks for leading me in this direction!

The sentiment on the ground?

So

A) What was the sentiment on the ground?
B) How was it misrepresented?

Keep in mind there were many hours of live broadcasts from that location. So you just picking the one that has a reporter putting on a gas mask might be rather misrepresenting the situation. Watch this one and tell me what is "misrepresented"

im sorry you are having trouble distinguishing between real and fabricated fear, it is this confusion that the media relies on to push an idea or portray an agenda. this overzealous war report, along with evidence damning the patriot battery for the ineffectiveness of the scud interception, should give you cause for concern.

lol im going to stop here. this debunking is in question and warrents further investigation. Thanks a lot fellas for your help in this matter!

Folks, my family and I were there. The CNN videos are real; the hotel photos are real; Charlie Jaco was really there in eastern Saudi Arabia, along with many other reporters. We lived a few miles from the airport and it was the site of a Patriot battery and was indeed a target of Saddam's Scuds- we lived in the "intercept zone" where the Patriots were supposed to self-destruct and take out the Scuds. Missile debris rained down nightly around us. What was not real was the reported effective rate of Patriot missiles. They were originally designed as anti-aircraft missiles, and missed the Scuds completely at first; later, as they were re-calibrated, they improved, but never equaled the reported 99% rate (our neighbor put out a video camera to record the flights overhead). CNN was relatively new then and pioneered real time war reporting. BTW, our source of CNN was from Bahrain, not Saudi TV. We kept it on constantly and could see the live reports as we also heard the sirens. There was one hilarious incident of Charlie Jaco reporting and running for cover as a siren went off- I don't recall, but there may have been an actual attack nearby. It was not fun and games; we were sleep-deprived, ill-informed by our government (U.S.), and fearful of possible gas attacks (which never transpired). Thankfully, it only lasted two months.

Folks, my family and I were there. The CNN videos are real; the hotel photos are real; Charlie Jaco was really there in eastern Saudi Arabia, along with many other reporters. We lived a few miles from the airport and it was the site of a Patriot battery and was indeed a target of Saddam's Scuds- we lived in the "intercept zone" where the Patriots were supposed to self-destruct and take out the Scuds. Missile debris rained down nightly around us. What was not real was the reported effective rate of Patriot missiles. They were originally designed as anti-aircraft missiles, and missed the Scuds completely at first; later, as they were re-calibrated, they improved, but never equaled the reported 99% rate (our neighbor put out a video camera to record the flights overhead). CNN was relatively new then and pioneered real time war reporting. BTW, our source of CNN was from Bahrain, not Saudi TV. We kept it on constantly and could see the live reports as we also heard the sirens. There was one hilarious incident of Charlie Jaco reporting and running for cover as a siren went off- I don't recall, but there may have been an actual attack nearby. It was not fun and games; we were sleep-deprived, ill-informed by our government (U.S.), and fearful of possible gas attacks (which never transpired). Thankfully, it only lasted two months.

I was with the British army and it was well known the inaccuracy if Patriot. Over the years I have seen the claims go from 100% down to 10% and all numbers in between.

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/bre...patriot-battery-deployed-in-haifa/2013/08/28/

Those I worked with certainly had no faith in Patriot although they did make for a pretty light show. Mind you it is easy to be flippant when you are sat with some of the best NBC kit around ;-)

Can you tell us where they were able to order a hamburger and coffee at 6 AM in wartime Saudi Arabia in 1991?

Article in the Baltimore Sun 1991 as insight into the thinking back then.
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1991-02-01/features/1991032016_1_blystone-saudi-arabia-danger

Aren't we forgetting financial greed? Would building a set be cheaper than sending people overseas?
It had to be done for money not safety CNN isn't in the safety business. And loosing a corespondent drives ratings and publicity as all the other outlets clamber to tell the tale.
I'd love to believe they could pull off faking a live shot on location however the best blue/ green screen work of the day was quantum leap... Never thought I'd live long enough for people to forget the primitive technologies we had prior to the internet which at that time was still 7 months away from being public.

Is it possible to rename this thread? The only thing that appears to have been debunked here that this footage was shot in Atlanta. There seems to be good and sufficient evidence to establish, on a balance of probabilities at least, that the footage was indeed shot in Saudi Arabia. We can't be sure because it was indeed shot on a set. But again on a balance of probabilities it seems to have been shot in Saudi Arabia at the Dharan International Hotel.

What has not been debunked is that "CNN ( and mainstream News Media in general) puts out Fake News Broadcasts". In three laborious pages, we have only managed to establish that CNN put out fake news from a set built at a Saudi Arabian hotel rather than putting it out from a set in Atlanta. But isn't this missing the point? The topic is whether CNN puts out fake news broadcasts...not whether they put them out from in Saudi Arabia or Atlanta.

Here is another version of the broadcast that includes commentary and the joking at the end:

The commentary in this version implies that the air-raid sirens are faked and turned on and off on queue. We do know that a missile or two landed three miles away, but that seems to have been at a different time of day than this video. So were the air-raid sirens added for dramatic effect, like the gas mask and helmet? If so, then this is most certainly not news.

In terms of precedent, it appears that gunfire was faked in this more recent CNN Syria broadcast highlighting "Danny Abdul-Dayem". Please excuse the references to "Zionists" at the beginning. I don't want to side-track into Zionism but rather stay focused on whether CNN puts out fake news broadcasts. Many youtube videos highlighting Danny Abdul-Dayem have been taken down. This one starts off by blaming "Zionists." But at least it is still up. It is a bit long to get going, but it seems to bring the fakeness issue into focus pretty well.

Thoughts metabunkers?

Last edited:
Here is another version of the broadcast that includes commentary and the joking at the end:

The commentary in this version implies that the air-raid sirens are faked and turned on and off on queue. We do know that a missile or two landed three miles away, but that seems to have been at a different time of day than this video. So were the air-raid sirens added for dramatic effect, like the gas mask and helmet? If so, then this is most certainly not news.

You are not thinking logically. Think about all the other rival news agencies and reporters that were also there at the time? Nearly 700 journalists from all over the world and other rival news agencies. Do you honestly think that not one journalist or rival new agency would rumble CNN if they were seen to be adding fake sirens to their reports?

Report by Jack Dorsey - A long, frustrating trip to the Middle East But we owe an explanation here. It's and explanation being shared by many of the 700 journalists who joined the safari to Saudi Arabia, only to be upstaged by CNN and its nightly coverage. No doubt television has made you familiar with the Dhahran International Hotel - or at least the back side of it where the television networks broadcast where the Scud missiles are sighted and where the shelters are located. Maybe you've wondered about those blue balloonlike structures forming the background of Charles Jaco's nightly CNN telecasts. Most thought they were radar domes or complex satellite communication equipment. They are the tops of the sun-shelters and cabanas surrounding the hotel swimming pool. They have that lofty look about them only because the networks have constructed tree-house like broadcast platforms from plywood and 2-by-4s - each one successive one built higher than the first - and they sit atop a minuture golf course initially designed for the enjoyment of the guests.
Content from External Source
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...-JNAAAAIBAJ&sjid=X4sDAAAAIBAJ&pg=1990,2850114

The sirens tie in with the actual events. Charles Jaco in the report highlights that the alert sirens are part of the hotel system. The hotel was the headquarters of the U.S. military’s Joint Information Bureau (JIB) and situated next to the airbase. Seriously think about it again?. Hundreds of journalists and rival networks also watching or able to watch re-runs of the CNN live reports and none of them are calling them out?

http://www.iraqwatch.org/government/US/Pentagon/dodscud.htm

http://www.gulflink.osd.mil/scud_info/scud_info_s04.htm

See following post with reports from other news agencies on that CNN reported attack during 0700 hours local. Charles Jaco looks at his watch and states 0720.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/de...-live-gulf-war-reports.1140/page-2#post-61705

Last edited:
The air-raid sirens tie in with the actual events. Seriously think about it again?. Hundreds of journalists and rival networks also watching or able to watch re-runs of the CNN live reports and none of them are calling them out?

I'm not saying there wasn't air raid sirens in Dharan. I'm asking whether air raid sirens went off while this was being filmed. It seems that audio recordings of air raid sirens may have been added to convey what it would have been like if they had gone off during filming. The reason I say this is that there appears to have been multiple takes of this video, with Jaco wearing different clothes in them. Multiple takes implies a planned set up. And while I understand wanting to convey the atmosphere in Dharan, faking that atmosphere is not reporting the news. It is doing something else.

In three laborious pages, we have only managed to establish that CNN put out fake news from a set built at a Saudi Arabian hotel rather than putting it out from a set in Atlanta. But isn't this missing the point? The topic is whether CNN puts out fake news broadcasts...not whether they put them out from in Saudi Arabia or Atlanta.

The topic is pretty specific to those particular broadcasts, it's not other fake CNN broadcasts. You should make a new thread for any new fake broadcast claims.

And how has it been established that the broadcasts in this thread are faked? You'll have to refresh my memory on that one.

And how has it been established that the broadcasts in this thread are faked? You'll have to refresh my memory on that one.
Jaco was filmed doing at least two takes of the same purported missile attack. And the time of the news report does not match the time of the only recorded missile attacks. Therefore it seems that this was a reconstruction of what an attack might have been like rather than a news report which was actually interrupted by an attack. In short, it is a fake depiction of prior real events. So it should have been represented as a re-enactment rather than as news.

This post was why I said "at least two" and not "at least three". In those takes he says he is live and at 2:12 says "let me just size my mask and fit it as I always do"...before swearing a bit and taking a break to have a hamburger.

At 5:22 the anchor says "I notice that you have your gas mask" but you can't see that from the video. I think she is simply referring to or queuing Jaco to do what he was rehearsing at 2:12 in take two.

And regarding the siren, Jaco seems to be spilling the beans on what that is and is pasted over with something very crude. This happens at 6:09.

So anyhow, there were at least two takes as I said. They are at the beginning of the video. Interesting anomaly on 2/3 for sure. But as I said there are at least two takes...and the one with the earlier gas mask rehearsal is at 2:12. You can see it coming into the frame very briefly.

To reiterate what I said just before, "the time of the news report does not match the time of the only recorded missile attacks. Therefore it seems that this was a reconstruction of what an attack might have been like rather than a news report which was actually interrupted by an attack. In short, it is a fake depiction of prior real events. So it should have been represented as a re-enactment rather than as news."

As I opened with, almost the entire contents of this thread have focused on location. The fellow that opened this one prefaced his question by saying that "[That's] not to say they were atop of the CNN new building as some have said but only that they weren’t where [they] claimed to be." - Which I think was this fellow's way of expressing concern that they were claiming to be under attack when they were not.

Location: Hotel in Saudi Arabia - Does not equate to a debunk. There is so very much wrong with this whole thing.

Jaco admits himself that he reacted to nothing in the final cut. I think it was his attempt at journalistic integrity, having likely been asked or forced to conduct this re-enactment as if it was real. So point 1) of this original post seems to have been well established. I think the rules on the site forbid getting into things like "WHY." My experience with that is that there is no way to agree on an answer to "WHY" so that's probably a good rule. On point one though:

"CONSPRIACY THEORY CLAIM: CNN ( and mainstream News Media in general) puts out Fake News Broadcasts" - I think the answer is clearly "Yes".

Last edited:
Location: Hotel in Saudi Arabia - Does not equate to a debunk. There is so very much wrong with this whole thing.
It does - the thread's purpose was to debunk the claim that they weren't where they said they were. It's been shown they were.

What in particular is 'wrong' or ambiguous about it?

This post was why I said "at least two" and not "at least three". In those takes he says he is live and at 2:12 says "let me just size my mask and fit it as I always do"...before swearing a bit and taking a break to have a hamburger.

At 5:22 the anchor says "I notice that you have your gas mask" but you can't see that from the video. I think she is simply referring to or queuing Jaco to do what he was rehearsing at 2:12 in take two.

And regarding the siren, Jaco seems to be spilling the beans on what that is and is pasted over with something very crude. This happens at 6:09.

So anyhow, there were at least two takes as I said. They are at the beginning of the video. Interesting anomaly on 2/3 for sure. But as I said there are at least two takes...and the one with the earlier gas mask rehearsal is at 2:12. You can see it coming into the frame very briefly.

To reiterate what I said just before, "the time of the news report does not match the time of the only recorded missile attacks. Therefore it seems that this was a reconstruction of what an attack might have been like rather than a news report which was actually interrupted by an attack. In short, it is a fake depiction of prior real events. So it should have been represented as a re-enactment rather than as news."

As I opened with, almost the entire contents of this thread have focused on location. The fellow that opened this one prefaced his question by saying that "[That's] not to say they were atop of the CNN new building as some have said but only that they weren’t where [they] claimed to be." - Which I think was this fellow's way of expressing concern that they were claiming to be under attack when they were not.

Jaco admits himself that he reacted to nothing in the final cut. I think it was his attempt at journalistic integrity, having likely been asked or forced to conduct this re-enactment as if it was real. So point 1) of this original post seems to have been well established. I think the rules on the site forbid getting into things like "WHY." My experience with that is that there is no way to agree on an answer to "WHY" so that's probably a good rule. On point one though:

"CONSPRIACY THEORY CLAIM: CNN ( and mainstream News Media in general) puts out Fake News Broadcasts" - I think the answer is clearly "Yes".

"I think" and "It seems" are not statements of fact. We don't hold the standard of debunking claims to a unanimous vote, nor do we try to convince the believers. Because if we did, nothing could ever be called debunked. We search and present the facts of the case and if they don't support the claims made then it is to be considered debunked. Their stated location was Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, and that's been proven.

Could you explain how the time of the news report does not match the time of the recorded missile attacks?

Another thing that I have to add here is that it's also clear that whoever made the video that proliferated this conspiracy theory very obviously intended to deceive his audience. From repeating the same clip to taking clips out of context etc. After such deceit, why do so many CTs not question the original video's credulity while still questioning CNN's 1991 broadcast even though various documents prove they were there?

Last edited:
Could you explain how the time of the news report does not match the time of the recorded missile attacks?

Jaco looks at his watch and confirms it is 7:20 - ten to twenty minutes after the only reported SCUD missile attack, which was three miles away. He is conducting a re-enactment for the camera in which he does with his mask what he was doing in his early rehearsal: i.e. "let me just size my mask and fit it as I always do". He then admits himself during his broadcast that he reacted to nothing. But that isn't quite true. He had been prompted immediately prior by the interviewer at 5:22 to take out his gas mask and put it on - "I notice that you've got your gas mask in your hands. If you need to put it on, please do so. If you need to take cover, please do so."

Another thing that I have to add here is that it's also clear that whoever made the video that proliferated this conspiracy theory very obviously intended to deceive his audience. From repeating the same clip to taking clips out of context etc. After such deceit, why do so many CTs not question the original video's credulity while still questioning CNN's 1991 broadcast even though various documents prove they were there?

Obviously there are issues with the video, the most interesting is the looping of the laughing as well as the evident looping of him as highlighted earlier. So I'm with you regarding the apparent deception in here. There is also deception by CNN. We need to hold CNN to a high standard as they claim to be reporting the news. So all of this crap in the first 3 minutes of the video deserves attention. It looks to me like this is what the fellow who posted this was drawing attention to. Yet despite the poster prefacing his post by saying he wasn't standing behind any location stuff, this thread has been largely spent on a "debunk" of location. Specific location was never offered forth by the poster as needing debunking. What he was saying was that this didn't happen near a real battlefield. And while this thread dedicated a lot of time to showing that it did indeed happen near a real battlefield, almost no time was spent on the fact that it happened in the complete absence of a battle.

Marcus Mudd nailed it in post #84 when he said that "the sentiment on the ground was misrepresented by [CNN]. The investigating you've done on this has been excellent and it has narrowed the argument for manipulation from a complete fake set to intentional overdramatization."

Mick West replied by asking:

But these questions had already been answered in the video itself. The sentiment on the ground was that no-one paid attention to the alarms, as reported at 8:20 through 8:30 - namely "no panic". It was very obviously misrepresented with the gas mask and helmet crap, which was both rehearsed and prompted.

Last edited:
Jaco looks at his watch and confirms it is 7:20 - ten to twenty minutes after the only reported SCUD missile attack, which was three miles away. He is conducting a re-enactment for the camera in which he does with his mask what he was doing in his early rehearsal: i.e. "let me just size my mask and fit it as I always do". He then admits himself during his broadcast that he reacted to nothing. But that isn't quite true. He had been prompted immediately prior by the interviewer at 5:22 to take out his gas mask and put it on - "I notice that you've got your gas mask in your hands. If you need to put it on, please do so. If you need to take cover, please do so."

Obviously there are issues with the video, the most interesting is the looping of the laughing as well as the evident looping of him as highlighted earlier. So I'm with you regarding the apparent deception in here. There is also deception by CNN. We need to hold CNN to a high standard as they claim to be reporting the news. So all of this crap in the first 3 minutes of the video deserves attention. It looks to me like this is what the fellow who posted this was drawing attention to. Yet despite the poster prefacing his post by saying he wasn't standing behind any location stuff, this thread has been largely spent on a "debunk" of location. Location was never offered forth by the poster as needing debunking. Almost no time was spent on the deception by CNN that was offered up for a good look.

Marcus Mudd nailed it in post #84 when he said that "the sentiment on the ground was misrepresented by [CNN]. The investigating you've done on this has been excellent and it has narrowed the argument for manipulation from a complete fake set to intentional overdramatization."

Mick West replied by asking:

But these questions had already been answered in the video itself. The sentiment on the ground was that no-one paid attention to the alarms, as reported at 8:20 through 8:30 - namely "no panic". It was very obviously misrepresented with the gas mask and helmet crap, which was both rehearsed and prompted.
My guess is that depictions like "no panic" and "obviously misrepresented" may be interpretations/conclusions of yours,
that many or most others would not or do not share.

My guess is that depictions like "no panic" and "obviously misrepresented" may be interpretations/conclusions of yours,
that many or most others would not or do not share.
"No Panic" was the sentiment as reported in the news report itself from 8:20 through 8:30. It is a direct quote of Jaco's description of the sentiment, not a depiction. I'll certainly stand by "obviously misrepresented."

At this point I think we'll be going in circles, so I'll bow out and bid adieu on this one. But I certainly share Marcus Mudd's sentiment of Post #89 that "this debunking is in question and warrants further investigation."

FYI, sorry about the side-track into CNN's Syria reporting in my first post. I've started a separate thread for that on which I'd love your assistance! The Syria post is here:

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/bunkam-or-true-cnn-story-on-syria-war-falsified.3107/#post-89699

Thanks guys :)

Curtis

Last edited:
You people need to get a life... All this speculation is a waste of time and energy. There were many Scud attacks during the two short months of war- why it is asserted that only two were recorded (recorded by whom?) I do not understand.There were also many other reporters for various media camping out at the Dhahran International Hotel- I personally saw Charlene Hunter-Gault (NPR) in the lobby and we were interviewed by another CNN reporter in our home. The "set" is the area around the swimming pool and includes blue-domed cabanas- the TV lighting gives it an unrealistic appearance. There are videos and photos of Arthur Kent ("Scud Stud") of NBC with the same blue background. The video on YouTube is obviously a compilation of different reports at different times of day and night. I remember clearly the early morning Scud attack- it was the first in daylight, as Jaco says. My husband was crossing the parking lot enroute to his office when it occurred at 07:20. I'm no fan of the mainstream media, but this is NOT an example of their dishonesty. Why don't you use your energy to question, and challenge, the censorship imposed by the military and the US government? This was the initial use of 'embedded' reporters, tho that term was not used until later. Embedding reporters into military operations might as well be considered 'fake' news as it is so one-sided. There is a fight worth fighting; this one is not.

That's the video that is explained in the first post.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/de...jaco-and-the-fake-live-gulf-war-reports.1140/

So, yes it does.

Have you been anywhere near a war zone? Have you ever feared for life from another man with a gun or explosive device? Obviously not.

These are the antics of a guy high as hell and enjoying his bs. Not too mention the studio rental records also posted in this thread and the evidence of the location not matching, but you go right on ahead and believe the stupidity. Fact is, CNN is caught "red-handed" time and time again lying about whats going on. Prime example I saw with my own eyes was the "on location" report back during the boston bombings. You can clearly see the same vehicles passing in the "live" background on both newscasters screen, yet one claimed to be "on location" while the other claimed to be at a studio. People like you are exactly why nothing will change for the better in journalism. Almost all journalist are fake, the real ones are all quitting to become bloggers and move on in life. Fact is, in this day and age, it would do well for the average person to start doing all their own investigative reporting because you can't really trust ANY media outlet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this look like people in the middle of a warzone?

NO!! It does NOT look like people in the middle of a warzone! I agree with JDM. In my opinion this IS all completely fake! I cannot see where any intelligent person would or could say that this video is NOT fake. This video has the feel of a homemade movie inside somewhere. I'm not going to argue with people that says this video IS NOT fake. It won't get anyone anywhere. I have tried looking at this video over and over to see if I see what the other people see in this video for them to come to the conclusion that it is NOT fake but I simply can't. And I know the others will keep saying I don't know what I am talking about and that you can see and tell this is real but I simply so not see it. All I see is poorly made video trying to convince people that they are where they are and missles are coming in and all that but this video feels like an amateur put this together instead of a major news agency. Maybe they did that on purpose trying to convince people they really are where they say they are but I am not convinced at all. This newscast is so fake in my opinion that it is laughable.

NO!! It does NOT look like people in the middle of a warzone! I agree with JDM. In my opinion this IS all completely fake! I cannot see where any intelligent person would or could say that this video is NOT fake. This video has the feel of a homemade movie inside somewhere. I'm not going to argue with people that says this video IS NOT fake. It won't get anyone anywhere. I have tried looking at this video over and over to see if I see what the other people see in this video for them to come to the conclusion that it is NOT fake but I simply can't. And I know the others will keep saying I don't know what I am talking about and that you can see and tell this is real but I simply so not see it. All I see is poorly made video trying to convince people that they are where they are and missles are coming in and all that but this video feels like an amateur put this together instead of a major news agency. Maybe they did that on purpose trying to convince people they really are where they say they are but I am not convinced at all. This newscast is so fake in my opinion that it is laughable.
I find it interesting that you can read all the info about this, and still be convinced that it's "fake," but people of course can reach different opinions.
To me, no, I don't really understand how someone could still yell "fake" given all the circumstance and details that are well known by now.
At any rate, I think you are wise to "not...argue with people that says this video IS NOT fake" since just repeating an opinion probably won't convince anyone.

NO!! It does NOT look like people in the middle of a warzone! I agree with JDM. In my opinion this IS all completely fake! I cannot see where any intelligent person would or could say that this video is NOT fake. ....

Think about it rationally. Think about all the thousands of journalists and news teams, from all over the world, based in Saudi Arabia at the same time. Think of the rival networks? Do you seriously think that CBS and the likes are going to let CNN's Charles Jaco and crew get away with not actually being at the Dhahran International Hotel? Seriously? Think of all the people based at the Dhahran International Hotel and yet nobody is coming forward to say that CNN, Charles Jaco or his crew were part of the deployed news teams?

Here is rival network reporter Bob Simon from CBS. Bob Simon and his crew were later captured by the Iraqi's on the Kuwait border. Bob Simon is using the exact same media platform as Charles Jaco to report from.

Bob Simon CBS

Charles Jaco CNN

Watch the following CBS report from Bob Simon. Exactly the same backdrop,

07:38

Charles Jaco report where the camera pans.

Charles Jaco report from 01:50

The US and international press corps went from zero on 2 August, to 17 on the first pool, to 800 by December, and to nearly 1400 just before the ground war started
http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA512306

From late August to early January 1991, the military was able to handle the vast number of correspondents trying to cover the story. A Joint Information Bureau {JIB} was set up at the Dhahran
International Hotel. The mission of the JIB was to aid the media in covering the deployment of forces. This became an increasingly difficult task as the number of correspondents grew to over 1,000
by early January.
http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA235734

Report by Jack Dorsey - A long, frustrating trip to the Middle East

But we ow an explanation here. It's and explanation being shared by many of the 700 journalists who joined the safari to Saudi Arabia, only to be upstaged by CNN and its nightly coverage.

No doubt television has made you familiar with the Dhahran International Hotel - or at least the back side of it where the television networks broadcast where the Scud missiles are sighted and where the shelters are located.

Maybe you've wondered about those blue balloonlike structures forming the background of Charles Jaco's nightly CNN telecasts. Most thought they were radar domes or complex satellite communication equipment.

They are the tops of the sun-shelters and cabanas surrounding the hotel swimming pool. They have that lofty look about them only because the networks have constructed tree-house like broadcast platforms from plywood and 2-by-4s - each one successive one built higher than the first - and they sit atop a minuture golf course initially designed for the enjoyment of the guests.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...-JNAAAAIBAJ&sjid=X4sDAAAAIBAJ&pg=1990,2850114

So what next. Will you be claiming that Bob Simon was never there and he nor his team were captured by the Iraqi's? Thousand of reporters and there crews and none of them are talking about the major breaking scoop that Charles Jaco and CNN were not there. Seriously :)

Does this look like people in the middle of a warzone?
NO!! It does NOT look like people in the middle of a warzone! I agree with JDM. In my opinion this IS all completely fake!

Can you define what you mean by "middle of a warzone".

Does this look like the middle of a warzone?

3.jpg

or even this?

1.jpg

or this?

2.jpg

You do understand that when one talks of missile attacks you are talking about BALLISTIC missile attacks launched from hundreds of miles away. Life in general went on as normal in Dhahran and the press, and many officers, lived in the posh hotels.

It was mentioned about the air raid siren. The reporter makes it clear that it is the hotel siren that is going off. There was no centralised air raid system in place, and once the military had set off their warnings the civilians would follow suit. Similar with a stand down, which could take minutes or hours. The warnings went up when the launch of a missile was detected, as they were difficult to track and the whole theater would be put on alert.

The photos are of me while in Dhahran, passing through to go to the forward positions.

Quite simply, if you "buy" the gas mask scene, you're fool. There's all the proof i need ... aside from the full examination of this done during the law suit that brought up "unexplainable" things like, oh i don't know, the receipts SIGNED by Jaco at a San Fran restaurant, dated to the day of the 2nd broadcast!!! That's right folks, there was a law suit, several in fact. go do some damned research and stop just believing what you read in some fake ass debunking forum where half the admins probably work for the NSA anyway ... Yeah, i'm call you admins out, prove you "don't" take any "personal gains" in any way, shape, form or fashion by discrediting "conspiracy theorist" ... because i'm sure, given enough time, I can find evidence you do, and it won't be just simple speculation.

Quite simply, if you "buy" the gas mask scene, you're fool. There's all the proof i need ... aside from the full examination of this done during the law suit that brought up "unexplainable" things like, oh i don't know, the receipts SIGNED by Jaco at a San Fran restaurant, dated to the day of the 2nd broadcast!!! That's right folks, there was a law suit, several in fact. go do some damned research and stop just believing what you read in some fake ass debunking forum where half the admins probably work for the NSA anyway ... Yeah, i'm call you admins out, prove you "don't" take any "personal gains" in any way, shape, form or fashion by discrediting "conspiracy theorist" ... because i'm sure, given enough time, I can find evidence you do, and it won't be just simple speculation.
With reference to the gas mask, he is following the immediate action drill for masking up. He tells us he could smell something and took appropriate action.

evidence would be good. maybe you can present some evidence of this 'receipt' and the lawsuits. SHOW us some proof and maybe more people would agree with you.

Back