Debunk . . . intuition can save your life or prevent considerable pain and suffering

Some more interesting information about intuition. . . .

"A piece of very interesting research on the use of everyday intuition for decision-making was published by Dean, Mihalsky, Schroeder & Ostrander (1974). The research stated (as cited by [Vaughan and Houck, 2000]): "In testing company presidents, Douglas Dean and John Mihalsky found that precognitive ability was reliable indicator of financial success. Eighty percent of highly successful company presidents (who had doubled their company profits in five years) scored above chance on computerized precognition tests … The highly successful presidents said they were using their intuition to foresee money-making opportunities."

http://www.intuitiontester.com/sb.html#2

Content from External Source

USING INTUITION TO AVOID DANGEROUS SITUATIONS

W.E. Cox, in a well-known study (1956), analyzed the number of tickets sold for 28 passenger trains that crashed between 1950 and 1955. He found that the trains that crashed always had fewer people than similar trains on the same day of the previous week. The data was also analyzed for weather conditions, and number of sold tickets on the previous day, week, and month. Because every statistical result can be explained as random fluctuation, the author calculated the probability of accumulating the same statistics randomly. This probability was less than 1/100. In other words, we can say with 99/100 certainty that people really have - and use - their psychic intuition to avoid dangerous situations.

I was once pulled away from a store front by a strong feeling to move. . . I turned from a glass window when within seconds a truck came through the glass. . . shards sprayed all over the area. . . I should have been shredded but was never even cut . . . the driver and passenger was severely injured. . .
or one could say your guardian angel pushed you out of the way ( you dont have to belive in God to know there are angels, our past loved ones, that watch out for us.
as far as intuition, im too intuitive. i hate it. i read things about people i dont want to know. its like invading a privacy when you look at them and not only know what they feel but why they feel it. you see things they have deeply guarded from the world. most people can tell when others are upset by their mood, they look and feel sad. if you can tune into them you feel just as sad as they do without them having said word one. every felt that? ever get a sudden feeling of doom and you just know you should call your great aunt you havent seen in years? and you hear she died the day before. our minds are capable of a lot of things. most of us dont tune into other people deeply since you have so much else your brain needs to do everyday. but anybody thats been abused or terrorized by someone can instantly feel when the person next door is upset.. its a survival tactic . your brain hones the skills it needs for the life you live. does this make sense? probably not..lol

USING INTUITION TO AVOID DANGEROUS SITUATIONS

W.E. Cox, in a well-known study (1956), analyzed the number of tickets sold for 28 passenger trains that crashed between 1950 and 1955. He found that the trains that crashed always had fewer people than similar trains on the same day of the previous week. The data was also analyzed for weather conditions, and number of sold tickets on the previous day, week, and month. Because every statistical result can be explained as random fluctuation, the author calculated the probability of accumulating the same statistics randomly. This probability was less than 1/100. In other words, we can say with 99/100 certainty that people really have - and use - their psychic intuition to avoid dangerous situations.

odds and probability are not the same as intuition

Back