Col. Richard French of the USAF States his Job was to Debunk UFOs - Citizen Hearing

This video is going around the internet right now because of the Citizen Hearing disclosure thing going on for UFOs and aliens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YARstyo-fZI

At around the 34 mark Col. Richard French says that his primary job was to make up excuses for what people saw when they reported UFOs.

I've heard a lot of these people were paid but can't really find anything on him that would expose him as a fraud.

Interesting.

Theory: Lt. Col. Richard French, who served in the military for more than 27 years, claims there were two UFO-related crashes in Roswell

Contentious: Former Air Force Col. Richard French says he was an official UFO debunker and there were two, not one, Roswell UFO crashes

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems quite likely as a lot of UFOs(I'd venture to say most) were secret aerospace projects.

makes perfect logic to me... given most(all) were actual military projects of terrestrial origin, id pay someone to keep loons outta dangerous/sensitive areas too.

the funny:

if they were convinced enough to work hard and gather("spy") real information about programs, how hard would it be for a 'commie' to put on alien makeup and trick them into unloading all they knew about secret us programs.

Or much more rational:

government running projects that look like ufos-->ufos scare people--->scared ppl cause civil unrest-->civil unrest destabilizes national security/prosperity-->run program to reassure people they are not ufos without saying what they are= ???social profit???

seems legit.

the funny:

if they were convinced enough to work hard and gather("spy") real information about programs, how hard would it be for a 'commie' to put on alien makeup and trick them into unloading all they knew about secret us programs.

Or much more rational:

government running projects that look like ufos-->ufos scare people--->scared ppl cause civil unrest-->civil unrest destabilizes national security/prosperity-->run program to reassure people they are not ufos without saying what they are= ???social profit???

seems legit.

Perhaps. That does make the most sense but I sure would like to see some of these black ops military vehicles. Just because they would be damn cool.

And many of those were during the years that we were already scared of Russian Nukes. No real reason to scare folks more.

Perhaps. That does make the most sense but I sure would like to see some of these black ops military vehicles. Just because they would be damn cool.

i bet you have seen many of them by now, but due to your/our technological expectations dont think them all too special/worthy.

I recall a metric shitton of UFO sightings/videos that were mind blowing to the people of the time, however to me, a child born in the 80's i dont know how you COULDNT see it obviously as a B-2 bomber. but thats what the vids were. I grew up knowing what a B-2 was, they didnt. Get were im goin with this?

I saw an absolutely insane afterburner trail twice in one night over the dessert in southern California boar hunting. several colors(white-blu-maroonish red), real weird twisty plume shape and i cant even explain how fast the craft disappeared across the sky. could have just been my perspective, but id swear it was an order of magnitude greater than anything ive seen before. twice in the same night, same direction and similar location of speedup, few hours apart. we were near a buncha government land, air baseswithin 150 miles, nevada about the same iirc. both of the family members who took me had told me odd shit like that was pretty regular for the area. i dont feel compelled to think further into it. wont be surprised to see a picture of something similar in a few years pop up on google image search.

A kid today who grows up seeing hybrid rocket engines and stuff like the rocket racing league(if it ever gets off the ground) will maybe think what is burnt into my childhood memory as awesome as mundane.

now if ya wanna talk about the old USAF saucer tests. those were cute and hilarious.

Back