Claimed "UFO" filmed from airliner over Turkey, 21st March 2018 [Passing Contrail at 90°]

TEEJ

Senior Member.

Video description

upload_2018-3-26_19-58-46.png

Looking back on flight tracking software I would suggest that the Qatar Airways flight was QTR211 flying at 35,975 feet.

https://www.radarbox24.com/data/flights/QR211#701234425

upload_2018-3-26_20-0-58.png

The crossing airliner traffic I believe would have been the higher of the two airliners to the north.
TUI Airways/BY2337/TOM41W flying at 34,000 feet.

Playback of airliner identified as "UFO" in the video. QTR211 is aircraft flying right to left in the playback.

https://planefinder.net/flight/TOM41W/time/2018-03-21T16:10#

https://planefinder.net/flight/QTR211/time/2018-03-21T16:10#

https://www.radarbox24.com/data/flights/BY2337#701524702

upload_2018-3-26_20-3-55.png

The airliner following the TUI Airways/BY2337/TOM41W was approximately 4,000 feet lower at 29,975 feet.

upload_2018-3-26_20-7-2.png

A lot of the confusion surrounding this video is the dark coloured contrail. It tends to confuse most viewers who suggest that is either a missile or a military jet fighter.

Contrails depending on the lighting conditions can be varied. This can be seen in the following video. See debunk of that video at following link.

Source: https://vimeo.com/88080046

https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-look-up-org-uks-smokers-video.t3220/

Of note on the "Smokers" video is footage of two examples of crossing airliner traffic similar to what is captured in "UFO/Turkey" video.

See from 06:41 in the "Smokers" video

upload_2018-3-26_20-22-13.png

See from 04:05 in the "Smokers" video. (This airliner is obviously closer/longer contrail)

upload_2018-3-26_20-18-53.png

kasparovitch

Well, that's clarly an object, but hard to believe it's an UFO.

This can look naïve, but in the 1st minute I'd say that looks like a wing. Not another commercial airplane I hope, but what about a fighter?

Are you sure there's a connection between what you see in the 1st minute and what you see after 1:16? There no continuity between both, at least beyond any doubt.

Maybe pilots had some info about that, but that's hard to get. Also Turkish airspace is subject to tight military surveillance. A strange metallic object would hardly escape, but no one expects any info from military surveillance.

Trailspotter

Senior Member.
The crossing airliner traffic I believe would have been the higher of the two airliners to the north.
I'd go for the lower aircraft. The time was close to local sunset, and the lower plane and her contrail were more likely to be in the earth shadow.

Z.W. Wolf

Senior Member.
The only thing I find at all mysterious is how people can look at an airplane and not see that it's an airplane.

(Wow, I'm dangerously tired of amateur videos that go in and out of focus like that. It's worse than vertical videos.)

I
I'd go for the lower aircraft. The time was close to local sunset, and the lower plane and her contrail were more likely to be in the earth shadow.
I vote for the 34,000 ft. one on the grounds that the lower one would be about ten degrees below the horizon (back of the head calculation). Also at 30,000 ft. the conditions for contrail formation are likely to less favourable.2018032112.17220.skewt.ice.gif

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
M Debunked: Atmospheric pressure on Mars is 9 PSI, not 0.09 PSI as claimed by NASA Science and Pseudoscience 75
MikeG Debunked: CIA Claimed Hitler Survived WWII General Discussion 6
Cube Radio Sulfur at WTC7: how could it come from gypsum as the BBC claimed? 9/11 75
nanotchi Saw this posted on 4chan, user claimed that it was Comet ISON. Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 16
A Explained: UFO Filmed from a Helicopter in Kamchatka, Russia. May 31, 2021 [Fake] UFOs and Aliens 2
SkepticSteve Alleged DHS Employee Leaks of filmed UAPs. A-10 "Chased" by Object UFOs and Aliens 30
Mick West Explained: UFO Filmed With Telescope [Loon Balloon] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Matt33 UFOs filmed from ISS. Starlink Satellites? UFOs and Aliens 1
TheoryQED El ROsario UFO spawning smaller UFOs- Filmed from two angles simultaneously [CGI] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 10
D Mysterious illuminated objects filmed from ferry off US coast[Military flares] UFOs and Aliens 6
mudr0 Need Debunking: Video claiming zigzaggin objects and movement prove EVA filmed in pool General Discussion 33
Mick West UFOs Filmed from Moving Helicopters and Planes. Not So Fast! UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 8
Mick West Explained: Mysterious Red Planet Like Object Filmed Next To The Moon. Atglen [Reflection] UFOs and Aliens 0
TEEJ Contrails filmed from commercial flight over the Irish Sea - 6th May 2017 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Trailblazer "Fireball" filmed in Stockholm [Sunlit Contrail] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 19
J 10 White "UFO" objects filmed flying over Japan UFOs and Aliens 15
Whitebeard Claim: 'Bigfoot' filmed in West Virginia Ghosts, Monsters, and the Paranormal 16
David Fraser Explained: Search plane in MH370 filmed spraying over Indian Ocean [Fuel dump] Contrails and Chemtrails 18
Trailblazer Jet Airways intercept video "UFO" (airliner, flight LH998 or LH66?) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
TWCobra Flat earth Debunk-change in apparent altitude of clouds as seen from airliner Flat Earth 2
MikeC The art of "turning around" an airliner Contrails and Chemtrails 6
CeruleanBlu Airliner Emissions EPA Hearing General Discussion 15
MikeC Looking for a particular image - airliner contrail at takeoff Contrails and Chemtrails 9
Mick West Conspiracy or Accident? Piece of 9/11 Airliner found by planned Islamic Center in NY 9/11 60
MikeC Resource: airliner list by serial number Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Jay Reynolds Debunked: Only Four Airliner Flights/Day over Mt. Shasta, CA Contrails and Chemtrails 36
Related Articles

Related Articles