2020 US Election - Current Events

Oh well my friend thinks this is propaganda. Impossible to compare facts.
it's a cumbersome link. and noone is going to believe a Daily Beast link, but perhaps a more right leaning publication or three?

Article:
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — The cyber expert on the “red team” hired by MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell now says the key data underpinning the theory that China hacked the 2020 election unveiled at the Cyber Symposium is illegitimate.

i'm not sure i agree with that.

Yup, you're right to. I don't even think I agree with it myself! He is contradicting himself. Sometimes he's making a big thing about it, sometimes he's trying to avoid and evade the subject. He's a moving target.

it's a cumbersome link. and noone is going to believe a Daily Beast link, but perhaps a more right leaning publication or three?

Article:
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — The cyber expert on the “red team” hired by MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell now says the key data underpinning the theory that China hacked the 2020 election unveiled at the Cyber Symposium is illegitimate.
No matter what I show him, he knows. This is based on something in his past that he knows the satanist, pedophile cabal and whatever his online source is. Trump will return no matter what according to him. Now it’s by January.

No matter what I show him, he knows. This is based on something in his past that he knows the satanist, pedophile cabal and whatever his online source is. Trump will return no matter what according to him. Now it’s by January.
Wasn’t his return meant to be today? This can is getting some dinging from all the kicking.

then why did you bother asking for help with debunks?

Article:
"We need to renounce the conspiracy theorists and the truth deniers. The ones who know better and the ones who are just plain nuts," said Christie, speaking to an in-person audience at the Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California. "We need to give our supporters facts that will help them put all those fantasies to rest."
[..]

"We need to quit wasting our time, our energy and our credibility on claims that won't ever convince anyone of anything," Christie said. "Pretending we won when we lost is a waste of time and energy and credibility."

If I was prone to believe in conspiracies, I'd take "pretending we won when we lost" as a strong clue that there was a conspiracy to mislead someone.

Conspiracy idea claims that there is a "Mute button" (and some Biden personel pushing that button), when Biden is "on air or speaking live" to somehow prevent him from speaking in old-age affected faulty speech (talking).
(video coverage)

Source: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/09/15/biden-mute-button-risch-right-wing-conspiracy-theory-cpt-vpx.cnn

Idaho Republican Sen. Jim Risch had a pressing question he needed to ask Secretary of State Antony Blinken during the latter's testimony on Capitol Hill Tuesday: Who has the mute button on Joe Biden?
That may sound like a joke, but rest assured Risch wasn't joking. Unfortunately.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/politics/joe-biden-jim-risch-press-conference/index.html
"It's been widely reported that somebody has the ability to push the button and cut off his sound and stop him from speaking. Who is that person?"
Blinken, nonplussed, responds, "there is no such person."
RNC Tweet in question....

Source: https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1437490555454427143

Last edited:
Article:

A Democrat won a US House seat this week with 79 percent of the vote. Her GOP opponent has not conceded.

She won 79 percent of the vote over Republican Jason Mariner, who was born in Boston and founded a drug and alcohol detox center in Florida. Mariner got less than 20 percent of the vote and trails Cherfilus-McCormick by over 32,000 votes. For context, Biden beat Trump statewide in Georgia by 11,000 votes.
“Now they called the race, I did not win, so they say, but that does not mean that they lost either, it does not mean that we lost,” Mariner was quoted by the Miami CBS affiliate as saying.

The midterm elections next year are going to be interesting, if this continues.

The midterm elections next year are going to be interesting, if this continues.
it's going to continue, and its not just republicans who do it

Article:
“Well, this wouldn’t be my first time running against an opponent who is refusing to concede, so it’s not our first time, and at the end of the day nothing can stop the motion,” Cherfilus-McCormick said.

Article:
After a recount, Cherfilus-McCormick was declared the winner of the Democratic primary by a narrow margin of five votes over Dale Holness.

Article:
(CNN)Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams defended herself from criticism that she never conceded her loss to Gov. Brian Kemp in 2018 on Friday, addressing what Republicans have already used against her in her newly announced 2022 rematch against Kemp.

Abrams, in the wake of her 2018 loss to Kemp by 1.4 percentage points, [50,000 votes] acknowledged that Kemp, who then worked as Georgia secretary of state, would be the governor of Georgia. But she specifically said in her final speech that she will not concede due to persistent voter suppression allegations, adding that conceding would mean acknowledging "an action is right, true or proper" and "as a woman of conscience and faith, I cannot concede that."
During an interview with CNN's "New Day" on Friday, Abrams said Kemp "won under the rules of the game at the time, but the game was rigged against the voters of Georgia."

and Biden is already prepping voters to think that their votes won't count.
Article:
You know, for the right to vote and to have that vote counted is democracy’s threshold liberty. Without it, nothing is possible, but with it, anything is possible.

But while the denial of fair and free elections is un-democratic, it is not unprecedented.

Black Americans were denied full citizenship and voting rights until 1965. Women were denied the right to vote until just 100 years ago. The United States Supreme Court, in recent years, has weakened the Voting Rights Act. And now the defeated former president and his supporters use the Big Lie about the 2020 election to fuel torrent and torment and anti-voting laws — new laws designed to suppress your vote, to subvert our elections.

so yea, there is no "IF" about it, the midterms and next presidential election will be a mess. (esp since repubs will win at least 1 house in the midterms)

“Now they called the race, I did not win, so they say, but that does not mean that they lost either, it does not mean that we lost..."

This isn't a news story; it's a Monty Python sketch.

Article:
Two Arizona elections officials announced their resignation on Friday over threats that began after the 2020 election. [...]

Police provided additional protection and regularly patrolled Hoffman's home after the 2020 election due to threats, according to Fox.

What they're saying: "I’m a Republican recorder living in a Republican county where the candidate that they wanted to win won by 2-to-1 in this county and still getting grief, and so is my staff," Hoffman said, according to Fox.

"I’m not sure what they think that we did wrong," she said. "And they’re very nasty. The accusations and the threats are nasty."

The proportion of the population reporting voter impersonation is indistinguishable from that reporting abduction by extraterrestrials.
i don't understand this sentence. why would the general population be reporting voter impersonation? is that like "i went to vote and they told me i had already voted?"

or "my friend Bob told me he voted under his dead father's name"?

and are we suggesting these reports are as psychologically delusional as being abducted by aliens?

(not that i care if people are abnormally fixated on America and/or blowing voter ID laws out of proportion.. since most other countries require ID too.)

wow alien abduction is more popular than i thought. i doubt there are this many voter impersonation reports in New England, that's alot, our local news would have covered it.

Article:
In a small New England town, members of a support group, which boasts a growing membership of 1,500, gather for a "secret" meeting.

The group that's assembled for this meeting is not struggling with alcohol, drugs, sex addition or gambling. They're part of Starborn, an alien experience and awareness support group, catering to those who say they've been abducted by aliens.

Article:
Alien Abduction and Voter Impersonation in the 2012 U.S. General Election: Evidence from a Survey List Experiment

The proportion of the population reporting voter impersonation is indistinguishable from that reporting abduction by extraterrestrials.
List Experiments for Estimating Vote Fraud in US Elections: The 32 Percent of Republicans Abducted By Aliens Can Be Wrong
L.J Zigerell

Ahlquist et al. admitted to selecting the alien abduction item for rhetorical purposes (2014, footnote 29), possibly alluding to their conclusion that "about as many people admit to alien abduction as admit to voter impersonation" (p. 473). But there is a different interpretation for the alien abduction item: if a measuring tool cannot be used to reject the claim that 15% of Americans were recently abducted by aliens, then that tool is not precise enough to have much value for estimating the prevalence of vote fraud in the United States.
Content from External Source
tl;dr you can't use surveys to estimate the amount of voter fraud in the USA, same as you can't use them to estimate the number of alien abductions (because that number should be 0 but isn't reported as such).

List Experiments for Estimating Vote Fraud in US Elections: The 32 Percent of Republicans Abducted By Aliens Can Be Wrong
L.J Zigerell

Ahlquist et al. admitted to selecting the alien abduction item for rhetorical purposes (2014, footnote 29), possibly alluding to their conclusion that "about as many people admit to alien abduction as admit to voter impersonation" (p. 473). But there is a different interpretation for the alien abduction item: if a measuring tool cannot be used to reject the claim that 15% of Americans were recently abducted by aliens, then that tool is not precise enough to have much value for estimating the prevalence of vote fraud in the United States.
Content from External Source
tl;dr you can't use surveys to estimate the amount of voter fraud in the USA, same as you can't use them to estimate the number of alien abductions (because that number should be 0 but isn't reported as such).

what? then why did you post a study that used surveys?

32% of republicans were abducted by aliens? 15% of voters admitted to voter fraud?

you've lost me with these links of yours.

no, it's like "I voted fraudulently" (not an exact quote).

Interesting. I had genuinely imagined it to be "I emphatically know voter fraud took place" (which is not expected to be any more truthful, or less delusional, than "I've been abducted by aliens"). I'm glad deirdre asked for clarification.

Back