WTC7 Fire Temperatures and effects on the East Floor System

Speak his name and he could reappear :)

I'm fairly "new" to this community (but not to the general "debate").

So, feel free to "convince" me (and keep in mind, I can read the thread and all past posts)...anything "new" to add??

I'm open, like a 'sponge'.....

Lawks a'mercy. I'll never do it again.

Too late...

I've missed you in a masochistic manner, I think.
Content from External Source
I can tell. Its dull as ditchwater here since all the 'dissidents' were banned.

(Ex tags instead of quotation marks as I cannot find a quotation marks tab)

Super.

But Oxy's not been here recently. :)

"Oxy's"???? Tsk tsk, I am shocked Jazzy, how standards slip ;)

"Oxy's"???? Tsk tsk, I am shocked Jazzy, how standards slip
Oxy has not been... = Oxy's not been...

quotation tags are in the insert box just to the left of 'X', there's a drop down menu of options there. Also just highlighting text pops up a 'quote me' prompt which is useful.

I'm fairly "new" to this community (but not to the general "debate").

So, feel free to "convince" me (and keep in mind, I can read the thread and all past posts)...anything "new" to add??

I have 'nothing new' on 911 and it is not up to me to 'convince you' of anything. Facts are facts but people will interpret those facts according to their world view. It has been well debated on here and many other places. I suggest if you cannot make up your mind which side of the fence you are on from available information... you never will.

I can tell. Its dull as ditchwater here since all the 'dissidents' were banned.

Oh Jazzy, what have you done?

Oxymoron, You were "banned" for what...all of 24 hours? Methinks it stung to keep you away for so long...

...and yet back with the same misrepresentation of facts....not all of the "dissidents" were banned...and the same misguided opinion....it's been quite interesting here. Perhaps you missed the excellent work by One White Eye and others surrounding the WTC.

Shan't be long until Grieves reappears I reckon....and he wasn't even "banned" :)

I have 'nothing new' on 911 and it is not up to me to 'convince you' of anything. Facts are facts but people will interpret those facts according to their world view. It has been well debated on here and many other places. I suggest if you cannot make up your mind which side of the fence you are on from available information... you never will.

I know VERY WELL which side of the metaphorical "fence" I am on, thank you very much!!

Airplanes. Flown by terrorists. Used as "guided missiles" with suicidal intent.

DONE!!!

(The tragic events of 11 September, 2001 summarized.) Period. Full Stop.

Off topic I know, but I'm curious: do you imagine those terrorists who flew into the towers expected their global destruction as a consequence of their actions, perhaps anticipating that if they struck the buildings above or below a certain level the structures would inevitably crush themselves to the ground?

Off topic I know, but I'm curious: do and incyou imagine those terrorists who flew into the towers expected their global destruction as a consequence of their actions, perhaps anticipating that if they struck the buildings above or below a certain level the structures would inevitably crush themselves to the ground?

I have wondered this also. One "thought" I had was that the hijacker/terrorist/pilots hoped for the WTC Towers to "topple over". As in a cartoon situation, as it turned out.

Not being able to "get into their heads" (since they are dead and incinerated)....can only 'guess' as to what they 'thought'.

Off topic I know, but I'm curious: do you imagine those terrorists who flew into the towers expected their global destruction as a consequence of their actions, perhaps anticipating that if they struck the buildings above or below a certain level the structures would inevitably crush themselves to the ground?
I'm sure that with a little effort, a precise answer could be found, but my recollection was that
bin Laden and cohorts expressed genuine surprise that the towers had fallen...they did not anticipate that result.

[EDIT: Here's actually a good link, confirming that memory]
http://www.npr.org/news/specials/response/investigation/011213.binladen.tape.html

(D'oh! I just realized this is a thread specific to WTC7...okay, another NoParty post off to the "OT" slag heap...I was entrapped!!)

Last edited:
I think the big points missed in this thread concern
  • the effects of large unpredictable structural movements and loadings created within a very large light steel frame by peripatetic fires
  • the dynamic and unpredictable consequences of the initial collapses preceding total collapse
  • an appreciation of the fact the fires were long in duration
Apart from the [...] elephant in the room, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I swear? If so, I didn't notice. Apologies all round. Can't remember what I wrote, anyway. Is that you, George?

Oh Jazzy, what have you done?

Oxymoron, You were "banned" for what...all of 24 hours? Methinks it stung to keep you away for so long...and yet back with the same misrepresentation of facts....not all of the "dissidents" were banned...and the same misguided opinion....it's been quite interesting here. Perhaps you missed the excellent work by One White Eye and others surrounding the WTC.

Shan't be long until Grieves reappears I reckon....and he wasn't even "banned" :)

Au contraire, I simply had more than enough of the biased machinations designed to quell dissent on this forum. The 24hr ban imposed for my using the two tier system (which was patently instigated to 'endorse the views/comments of Meta-Members' as having 'more validity'), to show the bias was just a final straw. I simply applied a reciprocal ban of longer duration and enjoyed every minute of it. Not surprising that others have chosen to do the same really.

Weedwacker's posts encapsulate it all really:

I know VERY WELL which side of the metaphorical "fence" I am on, thank you very much!!
Airplanes. Flown by terrorists. Used as "guided missiles" with suicidal intent.
DONE!!!
(The tragic events of 11 September, 2001 summarized.) Period. Full Stop.

Anyway, I shouldn't panic too much because I doubt I will stay around long.

People have been banned from all points of the debunker/conspiracist spectrum. I'm sorry if some people feel picked on. But I do try to apply the rules even handedly. If some people feel they are being given undue attention, then perhaps it's because they are used to arguing in such a way that frequently violates the posting guidelines.

But we drift off topic.

Back