Why bother debunking when... [believers won't change their minds]

seriously. im happy for all you self righteous all knowing types that you have a place to come and kiss each others butts and put the world to rights.

i hope in your current various states that you are not suffering any financial hardship dished out by the ruling elites and administered by your self elected non representative puppet politicians. i hope that your health isnt suffering from the effects of regulated food and drugs that often serve no greater purpose than to attract you and then poison you. aspartame anyone?

oh-but thats all conspiracy theory isnt it? they dont put that shite in childrens foodstuffs... do they.

whoever you assholes are who run this page... you are a detriment to the common good. clearly you have succeeded in capturing a feeble minded misguided collective of chicken hats to support your cause.

i can assure you that you are very very wrong. you are an absolute minority and most free thinkers will have never even heard of this site.

i dont expect you to publish this post because thats one of the simple ways that you try to manage world opinion isnt it.
I agree that the regulars on this Forum are a minority of people . . . often taking unpopular stands and doing significant research on issues is many times hard work and for no reward except for the satisfaction of learning . . . trying to separate myth from fact isn't always easy . . . especially when one then needs to present the facts in a logical and easily understandable way . . . the search for truth is often much more complex than anyone first thinks and is often misunderstood and criticized as being over critical and over analytical . . . all we ask of people is to keep an open mind. . .

seriously. im happy for all you self righteous all knowing types that you have a place to come and kiss each others butts and put the world to rights.

If you can't be polite, then this is not the forum for you. It's your call. If you wish to participate, then please be polite.

this is not where i come to learn anything-except maybe about this aspect of the human condition where it is ones only goal to find fault instead of looking for the truth.

this is not where i come to learn anything-except maybe about this aspect of the human condition where it is ones only goal to find fault instead of looking for the truth.
Could you be more specific . . . let us discuss one specific issue that bothers you the most . . .

Metabunk.org and Contrailscience.com actually changed my mind on chemtrails, and then later on 9/11 and other things. It's important to at least show the believers that there are other people out there with different thoughts.

yeah sorry mick but i have said the truth. who was it that said being polite is only an irony. politeness-ingenious system! pretending to be nice so people perceive you as pretending to be nice. that is not sincere behaviour and i would promote this falsity on a site that contains the pinnacle of truth!...i will play the game then. your site your rules, but it does tempt me to start a site named 'metabunk is a huge bulldozer load of cow poo...if you dont object.. just to put things on an even keel

hi george-it isnt one issue is it? its about a global interconnected system with which we all live within.

my issue is with this site.

look at your mission statement, policy, objective...however you term it. it is to changes peoples minds to your way of thinking.

do you not see that there is something very wrong from the very beginning of such a project?

look at your mission statement, policy, objective...however you term it. it is to changes peoples minds to your way of thinking.

do you not see that there is something very wrong from the very beginning of such a project?

If something is wrong, then why would you not want this pointed out?

Isn't your own statement "do you not see...." an attempt to change George's mind?

Is that not the point of any issue oriented website or publication? But it's not a closed perspective. I'm open to changing my mind on issues if credible evidence is presented.

people you term conspiracy theorists seem to spend some fair amount of time publicising issues that feel need pointing out because they are wrong.

and this site seems to enable this oneupmanship kind of arguing people down and then satisfies itself that it holds the truth because it is the most stubborn in an argument.

"do you not see" is a question, it is not a self asserting statement to implant or corrupt anothers learned opinion.
people you term conspiracy theorists seem to spend some fair amount of time publicising issues that feel need pointing out because they are wrong.

and this site seems to enable this oneupmanship kind of arguing people down and then satisfies itself that it holds the truth because it is the most stubborn in an argument.

Again, it would be useful if you could give some examples.

ok. who here would not agree that aspartame is a neurotoxin that serves no purpose other than causing some detrimental condition to its consumers? that it has achieved administrative approval by underhand methods? that it is marketed as being good for heath and diet with no adverse side effects that might cause ill health? not looking for discussion on the specific subject-just a yes or no

I wouldn't agree and I wouldn't disagree with the many points you're levelling, simply because I haven't looked into it in depth, I don't use the product so it's a non-issue for me personally. Not the answer you expected but you did ask.

And, BTW, you've made a lot of incorrect assumptions about all the members of this site, including me, just FYI and if you care.

ok. who here would not agree that aspartame is a neurotoxin that serves no purpose other than causing some detrimental condition to its consumers? that it has achieved administrative approval by underhand methods? that it is marketed as being good for heath and diet with no adverse side effects that might cause ill health? not looking for discussion on the specific subject-just a yes or no

It's not a yes or no answer.

hi george-it isnt one issue is it? its about a global interconnected system with which we all live within.

my issue is with this site.

Hello, iknowwhoyouare . . . No one is going to have their mind changed if what is presented does not resonate with them . . . we do not brainwash here . . . we simply present alternative explanations for things people sometimes take for granted . . . people are encouraged to disagree as long as they are polite and make an effort to logically explain their position . . . I often find myself in disagreement with Mick and others . . . but listen and compare my position with theirs . . . what is the harm of considering more than one opinion on any issue???

sorry balance but the site is called metabunk and one might draw their own conclusions as to what nature the average participant might be.

whoever you assholes are who run this page... you are a detriment to the common good. clearly you have succeeded in capturing a feeble minded misguided collective of chicken hats to support your cause.

i can assure you that you are very very wrong. you are an absolute minority and most free thinkers will have never even heard of this site.

i dont expect you to publish this post because thats one of the simple ways that you try to manage world opinion isnt it.

There is one fundamental flaw in your premise. I believe none of the active folks in this forum uses only this forum as source or information. Actually, all of us deeply encourage everyone to research, study, find other sources, because there is no place in the Internet that contains all the truths.

When you say that this site captured feeble yadayadayada , you are assuming that we believe everything that is posted here only because it's posted here, which is fundamentally wrong. There are several topics that are not debunked, because there are not enough evidence to prove or disprove the claim, so it is kept opened until something is proven.

If I believe that there are no thing like chemtrails is because I researched it, not because Metabunk said so. Same thing is valid for several other conspiracy theories.

It's impossible to answer that without a deep research, which I never did, and unfortunately it's of topic.

Would you mind creating a topic regarding aspartame for us to discuss?

sorry balance but the site is called metabunk and one might draw their own conclusions as to what nature the average participant might be.

No need to be sorry, just pointing out to you in the hope you realise that jumping to conclusions (no matter how arguable they might be) does not always lead you to the truth or facts.

im saying, again only for example, that the arguments i see on this site come from this level of all knowing arrogance.

i dont see any original thinking only regurgitated lines expressed by one or another 'official' "authoritative" source that one might blindly follow...head on into the abyss of self righteousness...

the subject matter that members so expertly debunk..all sort of craziness really, things that not too many people might care to comprehend for lack of time or interest or just the usual societal self absorption thing..

anyway, so these things are crazy and its your(some of your)work to grind all this alleged insanity down to something easier to swallow..if said with a calm authoritative enough tone.

except that that isnt how things go is it? things are crazy, the whole world has gone mad a long long time ago and none more so then our elected non representative puppets who in turn are operated by a group even more crazy with even greater disregard for those that are only allowed to exist to serve them.

its like this site tries too hard to try explain a crazy expressionist painting that requires none or that no words would fit. ..and you try to do it for your own means. self satisfaction-never for the common good.

the evidence to debunk certain themes i have read about on this site will just never fit because you would at least need to be partially insane to understand the mechanisms in which these schemes run.

how do you say that you learn here when in reality you place a 10 metre concrete wall in front of your own heads by assuming that you absolutely anything what-so-ever.

And I'm saying, you're welcome to your largesse opinion of what is and what isn't this site but I'm trying to tell you that if you break things down, specifically, you might change your mind.

im saying, again only for example, that the arguments i see on this site come from this level of all knowing arrogance.

Like what?

You keep saying this, but what exactly is it based on? Please link to an argument on this site that illustrates it.

why would i wan t to change my mind though?

If you discovered you were wrong about something, wouldn't that automatically change your mind?

Like, say you thought the hole in the Pentagon was way too small, and then you found you'd been looking at the exit hole, not the entry hole, then would this discovery not change your mind?

It's that type of thing we do here. Find things that are incorrect, and point them out.

i dont see any original thinking only regurgitated lines expressed by one or another 'official' "authoritative" source that one might blindly follow...head on into the abyss of self righteousness...

the subject matter that members so expertly debunk..all sort of craziness really, things that not too many people might care to comprehend for lack of time or interest or just the usual societal self absorption thing..

anyway, so these things are crazy and its your(some of your)work to grind all this alleged insanity down to something easier to swallow..if said with a calm authoritative enough tone.

except that that isnt how things go is it? things are crazy, the whole world has gone mad a long long time ago and none more so then our elected non representative puppets who in turn are operated by a group even more crazy with even greater disregard for those that are only allowed to exist to serve them.

its like this site tries too hard to try explain a crazy expressionist painting that requires none or that no words would fit. ..and you try to do it for your own means. self satisfaction-never for the common good.

the evidence to debunk certain themes i have read about on this site will just never fit because you would at least need to be partially insane to understand the mechanisms in which these schemes run.

how do you say that you learn here when in reality you place a 10 metre concrete wall in front of your own heads by assuming that you absolutely anything what-so-ever.
Hmmmm . . . quite an indictment . . . the people here are arrogant and know-it-alls ultimately repeating the party line after considerable effort researching and debate . . . basically making little or no progress at revealing the truth while patting each other on the back for our excessive efforts!

Hmmmm . . . an interesting set of observations that I think we should take seriously and be honest to consider . . . your description is probably accurate from your and many others' points of reference . . . that is one very good reason we have the politeness policy . . . to keep our own behavior in check as much as possible . . .

I will admit that every Forum has its own mini-culture attracting a unique set of personalities who feel comfortable with the regular crowd . . . I however don't really think Metabunk is simply that . . . Why? because Mick has established a set of rules of engagement that don't allow the minority opinion to be ignored as long as they present interesting or logical concepts to the table . . .,

Last edited:
Late to reply to this, but I believe the main purpose of aspartame is to make money for the manufacturers who use it in their products. It's much cheaper to sweeten a soft drink with aspartame than sugar, but you can sell the product for the same price. All of the claims about health benefits are mostly marketing. Certain people, like diabetics, need to monitor their sugar intake, but instead of diet soft drinks, it would be more wise to drink water. I drink mineral water sometimes when I want a fizzy drink, I gave up on soft drinks several years back when I wanted to cut back on empty calories. I don't ever knowingly consume products containing aspartame because I think it tastes like crap.

Last edited:
there is some level of arrogance when someone thinks they know better than someone else without really knowing themselves. the word deluded might be more appropriate.

you can only research things as much as specific, often cherry picked information is made available and that is not any basis for promoting the thruth as you see it.

any research is no more formative than a guess from my dog if it isnt first hand experience.

there is some level of arrogance when someone thinks they know better than someone else without really knowing themselves. the word deluded might be more appropriate.

you can only research things as much as specific, often cherry picked information is made available and that is not any basis for promoting the thruth as you see it.

any research is no more formative than a guess from my dog if it isnt first hand experience.

If you can't come up with any specific examples, then this thread is over.

Link to a thread that illustrates your point, and explain why.

No one is capable of experiencing everything . . . we always rely on others to give us information . . . so if you wanted to know how to build a barn would you go to a group of builders, a hardware store or a cell phone retailer?

no trigger hippie-new ideas are not going to contribute to me loosing my little toes. footwear possibly but not new ideas. shoes have been around for centuries..

when i built a workshop i just got on and did it. i wouldnt go to a debunking site for impartial reference or truth.
Well, congratulations . . . would you have gone to a person that knows nothing about construction if you needed advice?

Then you can't give your opinion about almost anything, can you? Sandy Hook, 9/11, going to the moon, chemtrails? How could you have first hand experience in any of that? Looking to the sky and trying to figure out if what's there is kind of too subjective, isn't it?

What's your first hand experience with aspartame? Your opinion is also based on what you have been researching, isn't it?

Back