What would it take, and how much would it cost, to test a "chemtrail"

chuckbert

Yup. Your final paragraph is kind of where I was heading. To perform an experiment you need a prior agreement to what the hypothesis, parameters and analysis are. If the experiment has been done previously anyway then it literally is no-win, and a bit like the offers to participate in a "debate", there is only one likely outcome. That is unless there is an experiment that can on their terms, within their parameters disprove their hypothesis. Which there isn't. :)

Education is the answer, but retrospective eduction is a tough one and requires time and care, such as that which this place provides.

Hama Neggs

I don't know much about capturing air samples, but quite honestly, I think using a balloon is an easier alternative to actual aircraft. I hear weather balloons can fly quite high, and all that is needed is a measuring device strapped to it. Getting the authority to launch something like that probably wouldn't be as complicated as sending a plane.
If you're going to test random air, why bother even getting to altitude? (Since they think the stuff wafts right to the ground, anyway)

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
If you're going to test random air, why bother even getting to altitude? (Since they think the stuff wafts right to the ground, anyway)
"They" don't all think the same thing. Testing at altitude in a contrail would reveal any super-high concentration.

Of course the concentration needed is likely impossible high (like the air would be solid aluminum). But I still view this more as a thought experiment. If they actually take it seriously they would need to think about more than just "is there any aluminum in the air", but "If we measure X ppb aluminum in the air, and we expected Y, then we hypothesize that this comes from trails sprayed at concentration Z".

Now if they are going to spend $10,000 on testing, then you'd think that most people would actually do a little math and science beforehand to determine X, Y and Z. Preferably asking a few science-minded people to check the math.

In fact, I would not be surprised if people have done the math, and decided it's a fools errand. Which is why we just hear talk about it.

Leifer

I would think a control sample taken of cabin air before entering a contrail should be valid. Compare the before and after.

Air coming through a bleed air system should not be contaminated as it is drawn off before the combustion chamber.
An experiment forced upon me....that cabin air does come from outside the aircraft...

I flew to San Fransisco during the recent Camp fire. We descended into SFO airport, and as soon as we flew through the smokey layer of air from the fire, it smelled of forest fire inside the passenger cabin.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West How Much Does Metabunk.org Cost to Run? Site Feedback & News 17
Teertskcab Why Don't Cloud Formations Change Much in DSCOVR animations? Flat Earth 4
FolsomG10 Does Zooming in Change How Much of Something is Hidden by the Horizon [No] Flat Earth 54
B Claim: Flu vaccine from multi-dose vials Use Too Much Mercury Health and Quackery 19
skephu How much do contrails reduce the energy from solar cells? Contrails and Chemtrails 4
R How much blood should there be here? Boston Marathon Bombings 7
NikTesla How Much Water is there in Jet Engine Exhaust? [About 1.3 Gallons per Gallon of Fuel Used] Contrails and Chemtrails 67
Oxymoron How much of the Smoke Around WTC7 actually from WTC7? 9/11 20
Cairenn How much does a storm weigh? Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Mick West How Much Money Does Alex Jones Make? People Debunked 17
HappyMonday CLAIM: "air at altitude doesn't deviate much statewide at any given time" Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Engine Efficiency, High Bypass, and Contrail Frequency - How much? Contrails and Chemtrails 9
JFDee BBC: "Too much weight to fringe views", says review Practical Debunking 4
Cairenn Cost in Human Lives of the War on Terror General Discussion 35
Mick West How to test if Satellites are real Flat Earth 2
Z.W. Wolf All The Ships At Sea: A Pragmatic Test Of Earth's Shape Flat Earth 10
Rory How to Show the Horizon is Below Eye Level, Using Actual Eyes Flat Earth 59
sirtwentythree San Mateo Bridge to Bay Bridge 17 mile curvature test Flat Earth 36
Mick West Rocket Contrail, South of Monterey, California [ Trident II Test] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
Willie Explained: NBC Local News Accidentally Posts US Election"Results A Week Early [Test Data for Layout] General Discussion 11
Mick West F-WWQF high altitude test flights Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Mick West Debunked: A Snow Test for Signs of Geoengineering, Portland Oregon Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Trailspotter Omega loop contrail over Toronto: Veni Vidi Volavi?.. [Likely Bombardier Test Flight from Montreal] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 27
Norsely Hey, Howdy General Discussion 9
Gundersen Debunked: Australian Rainwater "Chemtrail" test Contrails and Chemtrails 11
Mick West Flight BOE1 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Mick West "Strange Lights" over Hawaii [Aegis Ashore SM-3 Missile Test] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Leifer The Ignorance Test (Gapminder) General Discussion 52
JRBids Military test releases fiberglas cloud Contrails and Chemtrails 8
Mick West Lie Detector Test General Discussion 30
FreiZeitGeist Russian ICBM-Test photographed from the ISS Science and Pseudoscience 4
MikeC Bombardier C-series flight test video shows ballast tanks Contrails and Chemtrails 10
Leifer Home test kits...quackery Health and Quackery 6
N How might some test chemtrails? Spectroscopy? Contrails and Chemtrails 15
Mick West Debunked: "Rainwater Samples From Alachua County Florida Test Positive for Aluminum" Contrails and Chemtrails 51
Related Articles

Related Articles