Welcome Thread - New Members Post Here

As this is a "New Member" forum....perhaps you may wish to look around, and find a place to discuss your concerns regarding "Flat Earth"?

EDIT: I realize that "FE" can be religion-based.....but there are other Forums on this site.

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, a little about me. I am a 51 yr old guy living in USA, I retired in 2012 after a 26 year US Air Force career. In the Air Force I was a maintenance and logistics supervisor, retired at the rank of Colonel. I was on operational bases that flew F-15, KC-10 and various types of KC/RC-135 aircraft. Currently I am a US government civilian at a large base in the USA that overhauls B-1, B-52, KC-135 and E-3 aircraft. I truly enjoy engaging with chemtrailers and showing how their entire belief system is built upon....nothing. Zero. No evidence whatsoever. My areas of expertise are US Air Force aircraft, I particularly enjoy asking chemtrailers which US Air Force aircraft are equipped to spray, and how they are equipped. Of course they have nothing in reply. Before I started in the chemtrail debunking world I spent MANY years in the 9/11 debunking world - I find that chemtrailers and 9/11 CTers have much the same [mindset]. Been poking around this forum and it is AWESOME, great work!!!!

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, a little about me. I am a 51 yr old guy living in USA, I retired in 2012 after a 26 year US Air Force career. In the Air Force I was a maintenance and logistics supervisor, retired at the rank of Colonel. I was on operational bases that flew F-15, KC-10 and various types of KC/RC-135 aircraft. Currently I am a US government civilian at a large base in the USA that overhauls B-1, B-52, KC-135 and E-3 aircraft. I truly enjoy engaging with chemtrailers and showing how their entire belief system is built upon....nothing. Zero. No evidence whatsoever. My areas of expertise are US Air Force aircraft, I particularly enjoy asking chemtrailers which US Air Force aircraft are equipped to spray, and how they are equipped. Of course they have nothing in reply. Before I started in the chemtrail debunking world I spent MANY years in the 9/11 debunking world - I find that chemtrailers and 9/11 CTers have much the same [mindset]. Been poking around this forum and it is AWESOME, great work!!!!

Welcome, your expertise in military aircraft will be quite useful here. I had to make a minor edit to your post for politeness, please have a quick review of the politeness policy:
https://www.metabunk.org/politeness-policy.t1224/

Hi All, newbie here from Bonny Scotland, stumbled across this forum after reading a "clickbait" article regarding US planes being painted in Russian colours for a false flag Syria attack, which someone relayed a link to this Forum....so thought i'd sign up!

Hello! I found this forum when search for a connection of conspiracy theories and cult-like experiences. I've casually known CTs and sort of brushed them off without really listening or giving thought, but recently knew someone closely who's into this. I've been reading through posts and was very impressed that Mick has managed to keep this a civil forum, refraining from [ad hominem attacks]. I'm interested in the psychological profile of CTs and what makes them vulnerable to these extreme theories such as NWO, Illuminati, Geoengineering, etc. It's been interesting to read through the Former Rabbit Hole forum. It's interesting to see the similarities in those members as well as people I've known. I'm looking forward to reading more and hopefully participating in some of the discussions.

As far as my own thinking goes, I am open minded. When someone throws a theory at me that seems ridiculous I will still research to see what i can find that might back their argument rather than just my original thought. When it comes to GMOs and health I believe in a combination of nature and science. I think most conspiracies are born from genuine concern but once the "truth" is found (which in many cases, really IS sinister enough) it's not enough for the person who has become addicted to seeking answers so the original idea blows up to epic proportions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings - came across through the Peterson's Field Guides thread, and was impressed with how many of the items I would have thrown at it were dealt with here. I am generally dismissive of "skeptic" sites, but this one is compelling, especially since politeness and other rules are enforced.

Hello all, I'm a retired dilettante, with solid knowledge about currencies, derivatives, and financial markets in general. I left that 26 years ago at age 45. Found you via a search after seeing the spinning solar conical devices on a futurism blog. Am a skeptic in general, and particularly try to debunk techno-optimist and cornucopian fallacies used to assuage human population overshoot feedback risks, like biodiversity loss and pollution.

Steve Kurtz

Hello all, I'm a retired dilettante, with solid knowledge about currencies, derivatives, and financial markets in general. I left that 26 years ago at age 45. Found you via a search after seeing the spinning solar conical devices on a futurism blog. Am a skeptic in general, and particularly try to debunk techno-optimist and cornucopian fallacies used to assuage human population overshoot feedback risks, like biodiversity loss and pollution.

Steve Kurtz

Welcome to Metabunk. Are you the Steve Kurtz that was the 'co-founder of the art collective Critical Art Ensemble' I read about on Wikipedia? For all new members we ask that you review the politeness policy https://www.metabunk.org/politeness-policy.t1224/ as well as posting guidelines. You can search the forums for topics of interest using the search box found in the upper right corner of the page.

Last edited:
Fear not! Different SK. I'm not related to the late Paul Kurtz, either, of The Humanist Society (US), but my thinking isn't far off from his. I did make mention in Wikipedia in 2012, but someone edited me out. Originally I was the first reviewer. I just added it back as the last. See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Final_Hour

There is another review, and a paper I gave to The World Congress of the System Sciences ( 2000, Toronto) on the same webpage: http://www.peakoilandhumanity.com/kurtz_folder/steve_kurtz_page_main.htm
from my files:

Reviews

Hello all, my name is Julien. My field of expertise is a little wide, say from politics and linguistics to life and earth sciences. I am a 'polymathoid' scientist with a strong sense of humour, and I consider myself as a (proud) son of the Western Civilization, rooted in a few millenia.

I found about Metabunk quite by accident, when looking up a quote attributed to Aldous Huxley but which I could not locate in any of his registered works. My search led me to an outstanding discussion about it in this forum, which immediately convinced me that I just had to join this forum.

I'm not only interested in debunking junk (bunk?), but also in observing why and how junk is generated. I'm extremely interested (and worried) by our world's evolution, and I tend to see junk production as a syndrome.

I do not know (yet) to make a favourite quote appear at the bottom of my posts. If I would, I'd choose this one from King Lear (4:1):
'Tis the time's plague when madmen lead the blind.

Hello all, my name is Julien. My field of expertise is a little wide, say from politics and linguistics to life and earth sciences. I am a 'polymathoid' scientist with a strong sense of humour, and I consider myself as a (proud) son of the Western Civilization, rooted in a few millenia.

I found about Metabunk quite by accident, when looking up a quote attributed to Aldous Huxley but which I could not locate in any of his registered works. My search led me to an outstanding discussion about it in this forum, which immediately convinced me that I just had to join this forum.

I'm not only interested in debunking junk (bunk?), but also in observing why and how junk is generated. I'm extremely interested (and worried) by our world's evolution, and I tend to see junk production as a syndrome.

I do not know (yet) to make a favourite quote appear at the bottom of my posts. If I would, I'd choose this one from King Lear (4:1):
'Tis the time's plague when madmen lead the blind.

Welcome Julien. I just joined myself. If any members are in New England, in the flesh meetings might be enjoyable. Am trying to start a meetup (dot org) in Northampton area of Massachusetts. Older folks may recall pub chats which were pre-internet. Lots of fun.

Steve Kurtz kurtzs@ncf.ca

Hi everybody!

I found you by accident after having been an avid reader of snopes for many years - and was immediately fascinated.

I'm a German with strong interests in the USA (have visited it almost thirty times on business and holiday, spent more than 300 days there), a retired mathematician (worked in IT) and a collector of Science Fiction books.

After having travelled a lot with my wife I spend my days now partly in the Black Forest and in my holiday home near the Balaton lake in Hungary, reading and browsing the 'net ...

[...]

And now I'll start to read up on these fascinating theories that you've managed to debunk - some are almost better than anything in Science Fiction!

PS:

Sometimes it seems to me that the rise of conspiracy theories coupled with political developments (Trump, Putin and the populist movements in Europe) are a sign of humanity moving backwards in time.

Thanks for the welcome!

No, I didn't know about those experiments but I just had a look at the relevant thread . No comment on Mr. Szekely but I found it almost unbelievable how intensely some people here looked at the experiments and how much effort was put in.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

xkcd has been one of my favourite sites for years - sometimes it looks to me like gallows humor.

Hi I'm Eric and I'm a former hardcore conspiracy thoery person lol. But now I question those theories And try to think logically about them. And that's basically how I found this website.

Hi Eric - and welcome

we have a section called "out of the rabbit hole" - where former CT believers can tell/share their story

obviously that's absolutely up to you if you want to expand on how you came to doubt you previous views

but I say it because I think it is one of the most powerful, instructive and thought provoking threads on Metabunk

Last edited:
This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once it has been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
upload_2013-11-7_15-17-0.png

It's highly recommended that you first read the Posting Guidelines:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/posting-guidelines.2064/
Hello, I am Fabio. Nice to be on this forum.

Hi All,

Nice to find a (mostly) sane corner of the web when it comes to discussing this stuff. I'm more interested in conspiracy theorists than their theories. I seemed to find more where ever I look, a nice, diverse sensible bunch of people who have (what are to me) fantastical beliefs.

Hello all, I am a late comer to the 9/11 conspiracy. It was reading about it and wanting find real evidence as opposed to conspiracy claims that brought me here.
I see both side of the coin, i see truthers who believe anything that is said being truthful. Yet sometimes the opposite is the case, some people can see nothing wrong with the official explanation..
However I find in life that, the truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.
Yet with 9/11, It was a crime and when i look at means, motive and opportunity. Something to me does not make 100% sense, So i like to read about debunking the conspiracy.
London 7/7 bombings make even less sense to me. Because we all know the British Government would never lie, or mislead, The Guildford four and Birmingham Six come to mind.
Feel free to pm/message me!

Not sure if I'm in the right universe since David Bowie died (or did he?) So I'll say hello again, been a long time since I did IF I did anyways. Of course Bowie explains Brexit, Drumph, and a whole lot more! So bloody wrong, so bloody obvious. I wonder who's place he took? Only musician I know even remotely worth it is Robyn Hitchcock, or maybe Tim Minchin. Still too wrong for me. Anyways, this time, instead of just digging up a few facts I need to use I have a bit of a conundrum myself... This.... I can't get it out of my head. Obviously there's a connection but.... why? Need the larger picture. WHAT IS IT TRYING TO TELL US!!!!!

Seriously though, I've spent much time learning the art and science of how to change people's minds, how to convince them of this or that. You all know how hard it is.

This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once it has been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
upload_2013-11-7_15-17-0.png

It's highly recommended that you first read the Posting Guidelines:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/posting-guidelines.2064/

Hi guys I'm a Newbi @ this, so... Pardon my brevity,

Hi. I'm glad to be here. I found this when investigating the recent ghost boy in the car widely spread by newspapers worldwide.

I have just made my contribution to the topic, which is awaiting moderation and think will close it. Yours to decide when my posts become moderated, I hope.

Hiya!
I'm here because someone dumped 500+ pamphlets about how the government is polluting our environment on purpose with chemtrails on my college campus which then blew all over campus and became pollution themselves. Picking up one, I looked and out of a fit of boredom I went on the website it cited as proof. Natural News sounded levelheaded enough on paper but the actual site was like a car accident, so terrible I couldn't look away.
One thing led to another and I found myself looking at CT sites in my off time, sort of disturbed and morbidly curious. I couldn't believe how many people believed this stuff. I found one forum filled with impotent rage about some British guy who the gubment paid to politely refute conspiracy theories online, Googled around (Pro Skater was the first game I could beat my older brother at, and I still rub that in regularly. Thanks!) and found this site.
I've been a lurker for... A while. An embarrassingly long while, we'll just say.
I'll probably be more of a hangnail than an actual useful debunker, but I'm hoping I'll be some use someday. You're all the best.
Does anybody know what it's called when you're unable to separate a person's avatar from their words, and whenever you read something they've written completely imagination them as whoever they've got in their picture? ;)

Does anybody know what it's called when you're unable to separate a person's avatar from their words, and whenever you read something they've written completely imagination them as whoever they've got in their picture? ;)
I don't want to get too far off topic, so I'll keep it quick, but you aren't far off. ;)
(also i have no idea but i do it a lot)
(also also: lookit my first post! d'aww!)

I don't want to get too far off topic, so I'll keep it quick, but you aren't far off. ;)
(also i have no idea but i do it a lot)
(also also: lookit my first post! d'aww!)
you do seem much more rational since you switched from the mulder pic ;)

Last edited:
Good Morning - I recently retired after working since I was a teenager doing multiple jobs. Most of my professional career however all related to Quality Assurance involving Quality Systems approving manufactured parts mainly related to automotive production. Only after retiring have I had the time to explore information involving real vs. unreal actions, activities, news and events. I was very happy to find this site and expect it will provide me with the information I am seeking.

Back