Welcome Thread - New Members Post Here

Howdy, it be 05:40 on my side of the world.

I like Tom Waits and creepy David Lynch movies
Welcome aboard from a fellow Lynch lover!
I finished this little custom needlework piece based off of Blue Velvet a few days ago and am on to my fifth Twin Peaks-related one as of right now.
DSC_1331.JPG
(ignore the wonky eyes; couldn't quite get them right :( )

I'm Jeran. I am a big believer in most "conspiracies." I like th epeople in this forum, they seem kind and do seem to search truth but I also see some crazy assertions and so called "proof" that should cause anyone who sees the post to call them out on it and yet, they just let them continue on. I hope to change that.

Hello. Glad to join this site! I've been lurking in this forum since around april of this year and have enjoyed reading the posts and threads. I joined this website mainly because of the "flat earth movement" that has been flooding YouTube for the past year or so. I first noticed it when I was watching an excellent video on "black holes" where a flat earther was mocking and harassing everyone who understands black holes. Curious I decided to look up "flat earth" on YouTube and noticed that there were thousands if not then millions of flat earth videos in the results. I also noticed that one of my favourite channels "CoolHardLogic" had uploaded some vids debunking the claims made by flats. After discussing the topic with Logic he suggested that I checked the Metabunk forums. Just to note that I personally hate flat earthers but I give you my word I will NOT show any hostility to any flats should they post a thread and/or reply to one of my posts.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/posting-guidelines.2064/

Welcome everyone.

This is the Welcome thread for new members to post introductions, not a place for conversations. If you'd like to chat with someone you can click on their name, and then "Start a Conversation/PM". You can have multiple people in one conversation. Alternatively you can start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Hi guys. I have visited this site a number of times over the past year or so and I have really enjoyed reading through the threads. I am not going to drop names but you have some really smart folks here. Thank you for allowig me to post.

Hey guys im Juan and im 16. I've been reading around this site for a couple of months now and I've decided to finally join, maybe to join discussions but mostly to just read through the plethora of information floating around here.

Hello, I'm Richard - 55 years old, computer scientist, electronics guru (well OK maybe others should judge that!), living in London, UK.

I got here initially whilst generally doing web research for my hobby of tackling flat earthers / moon landing hoax believers (my two pet hates). I found the stories of ex-believers very enlightening, it's interesting how people can see the light if they peer hard enough into the darkness. I have managed to pry some believers away from their delusions - it's very gratifying to me, but for every success, there are many failures. Hoping to hone my technique.

This thread is for any firis t time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once it has been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
upload_2013-11-7_15-17-0.png

It's highly recommended that you first read the Posting Guidelines:
Hi just read your thread on the hungary experiment on earth curvature ... good to read serious discussion without scrolling past lots of nonsense comments... 8)

This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once it has been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!

Hi everyone!

Hi everyone, this seems like a fascinating site! I look forward to perusing more of the threads and, perhaps even, contributing to some in the future.
Bernard.

Hi, new poster here. I've actually been visiting this site for years now actually. Never signed up before now and not really sure why I chose this moment to join. Probably mostly due to boredom honestly. However I do enjoy a good debate and learning new and interesting things. I enjoy long walks on a Dark evening, Dark humor, Dark Chocolate and my favorite color is black.

Just joined today, enjoying the site and the simple logic to debunk
I have a few friends who believe some of the most ridiculous versions of events and history.
This site helps me put them straight, however sometimes it's like hitting your head against a brickwall

Keep up the good work

Regards
Thomas Tyrrell
Consultant IT Programme Manager

Hello...

I've been visiting the site on a regular basis for years, figured I should finally register.

The growing/devolving CT population/mindset disheartens my hope for "our" big-picture future. Keep fighting the good (fact) fight Metabunk.

Chris Valentine
Arizona, USA

I have been following Fix the World's (FTW) Quantum Energy Generator (QEG) project for years, since they first posted their version of the World Improvement Through The Spirit Ministries (WITTS) QEG.
I wanted to give some links for a few of my friends, and was searching the internet for the links that popped up under a quick search and saw this site and decided to check it out; I was impressed by your high ranking on the subject.

I expected the usual half baked non informed debunking I generally find on the internet; but, was pleasantly surprised to see that the thread followed the Politeness Policy, and showed a true scientist's perspective toward exploring the device. This is rare, kudos for you.

One might call me a 'true believer'; but, not in the traditional sense. Since the late 1970's, as a young man, I have investigated various physics theories, not an easy task in pre-internet days. This hobby fit in naturally with my vocation goals of computer programming (machine language and higher), and a general interest in physics.

I ultimately obtained a degree in Metrology (not to be confused with Meteorology), and have worked at N.I.S.T. (National Institute of Standards and Technology, formerly called NBS the National Bureau of Standards , for the D.O.D. (Department of Defense), NASA, and in Nuclear Power in that capacity.

Concurrently, I evolved my interest in subatomic physics with string theory, QM (Quantum Mechanics), Bohmian Mechanics and many others, including Einstein, and Nikola Tesla. I have also concurrently been developing my own theory which I call Subspace Theory, a work in progress since my retirement 10 years ago.

Regarding the FTW's QEG, the device is an 'exotic' mixture of standard Newtonian based theories, QM, Bohmian Mechanics and other theories. It uses Physical, Acoustic and EM Harmonic Resonances, among others. I has the appearance of an inductance/Reluctance Generator at first blush but like many OU (Overunity) devices proposed depends heavily on the tuning to create extremely high frequency resonances unobtainable via direct application through standard means. As such, the device acts more like a gate and challenges our current understanding of physics.

Even though this device and its function is understood by my current theory, having no direct irrefutable evidence presents a conundrum. It suffers from its very nature to threaten the status quo of present political and social empires. I personally propose that after the final stage of this device was released by FTW, and they basically went underground that, the ramifications of the open source development of the QEG has forced fuel prices to plummet, and the next 10 years will define a huge paradigm change for all mankind. As a true scientist, I must admit in spite of my confidence in the theory and eventuality of this device going public; like most, until I have one in my hands, I will have a smidgen of doubt. With my understanding of the physics, I find the greatest hurdle in the volume of OU power output is directly proportional to the tuning accuracy and precision required in the circuit as a whole, the parametrics of such are cumbersome at best, especially without a complete working theory. As often occurs, invention precedes the full working theory.

Thank you for being here. I dabble in debunking various subjects. One of my skills is in debunking videos (not photos) that utilize CGI animation to produce fake evidence. Individual non-moving images add an often irrefutable simplicity to the difficulty presented in moving images which involve interactions at below user level accessibility to control.

Hii people my name is kasper and im from denmark my english IS NOT THE BEST and my grammatic is neither so i hope there is a bit room for such people

Hi - I named myself as 'Old Pom' which may lead you to suppose - correctly - that I am a geriatric Australian of British origins. Arrived at your door by googling the only identifier I could find on a suspect email of armaments from Turkey supposedly sent to Greece. The letters on an inspecting officers shirt and the word 'Greek' . Immediate and detailed confirmation of my suspicions. Excellent .

Hello, I'm British, trained as a journalist and a keen amateur historian. I've been a member of the ApolloHoax website for several years, used to 'debate' with 9/11 Inside Jobbers on Skeptoid until they stopped hosting comments and frequently argue against the naive cynics that post in the forums of UK newspapers. I've been a lurker here for a while so I decided to take the plunge and join up.

I'm a firm believer that the truth is often more intriguing and interesting than any made-up conspiracy theory.

Hello, I'm Tina; and I may have been part of this forum before. I was reading stuff about Sandy Hook and saw that you have an entire forum debunking rumors about the event.

I despise rumors, half-truths, and lies; and I'm glad there is a place to go to debunk them.

This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once it has been approved.

Hi everyone!

I found this site while looking at 9/11 conspiracy theories about government involvement. People saying you're a slave or "sheeple" to believe we were attacked and there were no planes (even though I saw them!) and my nephew and several friend's kids were there. Don't know what to say, except I don't believe these conspiracy theories. Am I the nutty one to disbelieve these conspiracy theories?! (Who is this "Deirdra who deleted my post?)

I found this site while looking at 9/11 conspiracy theories about government involvement. People saying you're a slave or "sheeple" to believe we were attacked and there were no planes (even though I saw them!) and my nephew and several friend's kids were there. Don't know what to say, except I don't believe these conspiracy theories. Am I the nutty one to disbelieve these conspiracy theories?! (Who is this "Deirdra who deleted my post?)
I am a site Moderator. there was nothing in your post.
upload_2016-9-13_1-32-29.png

Absolutely stellar website. I found my way here because my friend became deeply involved in 9/11 truth and engaged me in an epic debate that is still going.

At points, being wholly uninformed, and faced with the overwhelming gish gallop of Truther claims, I began to wonder if my friend was onto something.

Naturally, I needed to see what the skeptical responses to his claims were so that I could determine for myself which version of events was the most probable.

And this lead me to rational wiki and Wikipedia. The counterclaims there were to me far more probable than the Truther arguments. But naturally my friend had an endless supply of new claims for me to evaluate.

And so I found myself googling for skeptical responses to the claim only explosives could explain the lateral ejection of steel beams and alighted upon Mick's excellent discussion of precisely that.

I have introduced my friend to this website and sincerely hope it can be of some service in rescuing him from the web of cognitive biases and logical fallacies on which the conspiracy is founded.

My final analysis, for the record, is that the 9/11 conspiracy is an object lesson in evidential pareidolia. But I would not have been able to realize this without out excellent recourses like this.

Thank you so much for your good work!

Hi. long time lurker, first time poster. I am resident of the deep south.

I've had an interest in conspiracy theories for quite some time. I have a friend who is very into conspiracy theories and is a flat earth believer. Them posting random things on Facebook as proof that the earth is flat lead me to find this website. I would Google what they are trying to pass off to see if it really held any water. They didn't. Most of the stuff they posted they don't even seem to fact check but blindly accept whatever conspiracy theory meme as fact. Isn't this the same thing they hate about the "sheep" that are on the other side of the coin? The willingness to believe whatever is told to them? It seems hypocritical to me.

I am glad i was able to find this website to help clear some of the bunk that exists.

Hi , New to this Forum today , someone on another Forum recommended it. I am hopefully looking to find logical answers to many of the questions that are raised in recent years. I hope to find information on all the insider trading allegations related to the tragedy of 9/11

Hello, my name is Mike, 35 years old, and currently a Report Developer/Data Analyst for a large well known American company. I was raised as a conspiracy theorist but became a debunker in my early 20's. I've browsed this site for a couple of years and decided it was time to join.

The false flag shoot down of MH17, One of my old favorite topics, has again raised its tattered visage. With the Neo Cons obsession with provoking Russia into a war, it is no surprise that there is even more propaganda emanating from investigators with vested interest. This time it's the Dutch Safety Board taking the lead and for the most part embarrassing themselves by immediately straying from the old, MEANS, MOTIVE, OPPORTUNITY, standard of detective work.

I wanted to check if anything had changed about the MH17 flight path deviation that was posted soon after the shoot down by Vagelis Karmiros from the flight tracking site Flightware and happened to run into Metabunk.org's debunking of the original.

I was impressed to say the least. There were flaws in the original map used and a lot of work went into the debunking. There was enough to cause me do drop the Flightware maps from my repertoire until I have the time dig deeply into the debunking or get some kind of volunteer staff to do the same.

While I have no doubt based on other sources that MH17 was far north of its usual flight path it’s seldom something is done well enough to move me that quickly. It was such a pretty piece of work and I will miss it…, ;-)

However, the debunking was so well done and on such a game changer topic that naturally I began to wonder where the budget came from to bring such an obvious highly intelligent fellow such as Mark West into the web debunking business and to produce such a very professional piece of work…, for allegedly free.

That said, it matters not to me whose side Mark is on. One thing I learned from my Russian friends is they really like to talk to their “enemies” and treat them kindly. Please don’t take the word “enemies” in any kind of harsh fashion. When I see something that well done, I have to consider the possibility of a professional disinformation operation.

I myself am obviously anti-empire especially since it has become obvious to me that what used to be known as the
U.S.A. is now merely Sector "R" of the Empire and way down on the waiting list for infrastructure repairs and upgrades and high on the list for finalization of police state implementation efforts.

Either way, Kudos to you for whichever you are doing. You do it well.

Mike Adams

Hello. Currently, though I am a private citizen, my work involves the IC.

Back