Welcome Thread - New Members Post Here

Found this site ages ago, from ATS, where I've been since 2005 under the username 'apex'. Since I found myself believing less conspiracy theories I started looking here more and more often. Finally decided to join today, because I occasionally find myself wanting to post here.

As for my reasons and background, it's mainly because I find aviation interesting and so find the whole 'Chemtrailing' idea completely daft...

This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once it has been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
upload_2013-11-7_15-17-0.png

Hello. I just joined the site today. So glad to see a forum site which is actually dedicated to looking at evidence and debunking untrue claims, rather than the millions of forums dedicated to creating and spreading such claims. Looking forward to getting some real info and facts and hopefully will be able to contribute some also.

General information I am from the UK and age = 30's.

Although I am late in introducing myself, I owe a few words to the impressive people on this forum who have often enriched my understanding of conspiracy theories.

For several years, I hosted the public access talk show 'Hardfire,' arranging debates pitting knowledgeable rationalists against tin-foil hatters. The results of such encounters as Mark Roberts vs. the Loose Change Boys, Roberts vs. Fetzer, and video compositing expert Steve Wright vs. no-planer Ace Baker/Colin Alexander were uniformly gratifying to the forces of light.

Permit me to recommend NASA aerospace scientist Ryan Mackey's three-part lecture on the physics of 9/11.

I am honored to be a member of this group.

Although I am late in introducing myself, I owe a few words to the impressive people on this forum who have often enriched my understanding of conspiracy theories.

For several years, I hosted the public access talk show 'Hardfire,' arranging debates pitting knowledgeable rationalists against tin-foil hatters. The results of such encounters as Mark Roberts vs. the Loose Change Boys, Roberts vs. Fetzer, and video compositing expert Steve Wright vs. no-planer Ace Baker/Colin Alexander were uniformly gratifying to the forces of light.

Permit me to recommend NASA aerospace scientist Ryan Mackey's three-part lecture on the physics of 9/11.

I am honored to be a member of this group.

Welcome, Ronald! I am a huge fan of the 'Hardfire' debates and watch them; some I've even watched numerous times, mainly to hear more of the amazing knowledge from Mark Roberts and yourself. Welcome!

Hi Everyone. This looks like an interesting site. I am an ardent Alex Jones fan, and highly value civil interactions that contribute to understanding. This site looks like a worthy intellectual challenge.

Hi Everyone. This looks like an interesting site. I am an ardent Alex Jones fan, and highly value civil interactions that contribute to understanding. This site looks like a worthy intellectual challenge.
Not sure it should be viewed as a "challenge". This site is dedicated to weeding out the bunk so often spread on the internet, from Facts.. so that the Truth isn't hidden beneath all the distracting muck.

Please read the posting guidelines and "no click" policy. https://www.metabunk.org/threads/posting-guidelines.2064/

and Welcome!

Been coming to this site for a few years now, partly, at least initially, for information about contrails to use to debunk my brother.
About ten years ago I started getting into conspiracies, mainly because of 9/11, but thankfully didn't fall too far down the rabbit hole. Thanks to discovering the skeptics guide to the universe, I learned to think critically, which is a skill I sorely lacked growing up.
I've always loved science, but I'm not very well versed in its intricacies, and I love to read posts from all the different experts of various fields in this forum. I'm a professional photographer based in northern Canada, so hopefully I'll be able to apply some of my knowledge!
Glad to finally be a member, and look forward to posting here more often.

This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once it has been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
I have an open mind but struggle to refute some of the astonishing theories surrounding events such as the Charlie Hebdo shootings, criticised for believing the Main Stream Media and not the various theories as espoused by Icke Inc and Infowars. Delighted to find this site.

I have an open mind but struggle to refute some of the astonishing theories surrounding events such as the Charlie Hebdo shootings, criticised for believing the Main Stream Media and not the various theories as espoused by Icke Inc and Infowars. Delighted to find this site.

So people tell you that you are a sheep for blindingly following Main stream media(which you are almost certainly not doing, but think you should INSTEAD blindly follow Icke and Infowars. hmmmmmm

Hi. My name really is Steve, which explains my username... sorry, it really is that dull.

I'm here because I admire the approach this site has to addressing the issues that it does. Hugely refreshing to find you.

That's all for now other than to say, after being a long term reader, I'm pleased to actually be here.

Hello everyone. Keep up the good work, this site might just save my sanity! I've given up hope of convincing a die-hard CTer that their beliefs are delusional...."you're a scientist, why haven't you built a Tesla free-energy machine yet, or are you too brainwashed (etc. etc. for hours on end)"....

Hello everyone. Keep up the good work, this site might just save my sanity! I've given up hope of convincing a die-hard CTer that their beliefs are delusional...."you're a scientist, why haven't you built a Tesla free-energy machine yet, or are you too brainwashed (etc. etc. for hours on end)"....

Here for similar reasons. For me, calm logic is the way forward in those discussions. Not always easy though...

Howdy. Like the idea of "debunking".

Sloppy journalists on one side filing "sloppy" facts.
The tinfoil hat brigade on the other claiming "foul".

Debunkers sat in the middle.... working out "what" is actually "what".
Great work chaps.

Hi, I got here from some other website where there was controversy - might have been a global warming debate, Charlie Hebdo thing, or contrails.

I have always loved and studied science, and respect the truth, period.
I've been blessed with a very high IQ, and a voracious appetite for knowledge.

I'm a huge internet fan, and have since the mid 90's been disappointed by many negative traits I've learned about and witnessed in the political and public and news and science spheres, that have tended toward falsehoods, spin, excessive sensationalism, ridiculous speculation parading as fact, and blatantly incorrect statements stated as a matter of fact that become widely disseminated and accepted.

"Mr. Wizard is not pleased."

Hi everyone! I'm just a guy who likes movies, even some that are terribly "unscientific", and I also like science, and correct, well-researched, highly educational information. I've also got no love for CTs, but I do enjoy learning how erroneous the claims of a CT can be.

I was reading the comments to some news article on a mainstream news site (may have been Huffington Post or CNN, can't recall which), and someone provided a link to this site to debunk an erroneous claim. Ever since I initially clicked that link, I've been reading various posts for the past couple of months. I'm impressed by the high quality of the information presented here, and the general attitude of the users that are on regularly. I've learned numerous things for the few months I've been reading posts, and have gotten pretty interested in the whole debunking thing. I've never been a CT'er, but any information about CTs that shows how erroneous they can be, can only be a good thing imo, whether its convincing someone online about the insanity of a particular claim, or if someday I would need to use this information to convince a friend of mine who had fallen into the rabbit hole to get out of it.

So I finally decided to join after months of reading fascinating discussions and debunks. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute a decent amount to the "fight" against bunk.

Hello there. I heard about this site from another site. I'm a 50 year old secretary, and my hubby is retired. We both are news junkies and enjoy reading about many subjects. I see so much hysteria, everything is a conspiracy. It's nice to see logical scientific debunking. I like what I see on here.

Hi everyone!
Hello and welcome....I see the username, and the "tag-line" and well....brilliant.

){maybe one of the best creative "scary" science-fiction movies EVER made}(
...back in...it was, what? 1979??? Yes, that was then.....

(you know what I'm talking about)......

(PS?) THIS line? "Cemented" me: (I quote) ---"but I do enjoy learning how erroneous the claims of a CT can be."

I see so much hysteria, everything is a conspiracy. It's nice to see logical scientific debunking.
Also....(I am NOT in the 'position' as any sort of official greeter at all....but that is a well-put heart felt sentiment and AS a member of this community I can only say "welcome").

I am gratified that this site continues to grow. I tend to think that EACH and every new contributor will bring increased diversity and experience to share, with all.....

Hello new member here. My interest lies in all sort of conspiracy theories and alternative sciences,many time abandoned by me because of efforts of people like the ones posting here and of course by doing some research. My topics are ranging from space anomalies, aliens, secret archaeology, ancient astronauts, 9/11 truth, alternative medicine and more recently the discussion around climate change. With all the topics I still keep some doubt in the sense that I'm aware a lot of things about life, universe and everything has not been understood yet. But the almost religious fever used by some of the most active pursuers of the topics I mentioned is interesting too. Perhaps it is something of a new religion at times and I'm not sure if it doesn't fulfil a benign function of some kind, at least in some cases.

Last edited:
With all the topics I still keep some doubt in the sense that I'm aware a lot of things about life, universe and everything has not been understood yet
welcome
:)
doubt is good, as it makes you question and seek answers. the trick is seek answers and then apply logic, science and rational deduction to see which answer provides the best fit

Hello and welcome....I see the username, and the "tag-line" and well....brilliant.

){maybe one of the best creative "scary" science-fiction movies EVER made}(
...back in...it was, what? 1979??? Yes, that was then.....

(you know what I'm talking about)......

(PS?) THIS line? "Cemented" me: (I quote) ---"but I do enjoy learning how erroneous the claims of a CT can be."

I don't know what you're talking about, I have no idea what you mean by "1979". Explain yourself!! ;) Just kidding.

Thank you for the ego-boosting compliments! And Alien is certainly number one of my list of best creative "scary" science-fiction movies. Only movie that can come close in some aspects is the Thing 1982, imo. But this is all OT, so I will end this reply here and say once again that I'm just glad to have finally gotten around to registering on a site with such a welcoming and vibrant community.

Hi from me too. After following this site for a year or two I finally registered here to comment on a certain posting a while back. Just wanted to say thanks to all contributors, you probably do not understand how important your input is!

This site has been a valuable source of information, logical reasoning and insight when debating different chemtrail issues! It's so nice to see people from so many backgrounds coming together.

hello everyone. I am a paranormal investigator and psychic medium both with over 40+yrs experience. Looking forward to parruseing the posts!!
Well that'll be interesting. Needless to say, you are likely to met with a lot of skepticism in regards to that, so don't confuse that with hostility.

Hi Folks, I'm looking forward to being involved here.

Hello everyone. I am going to make this first post brief, as I am doing so via my xbox (currently inbetween pc's). Found this site through some stupid google search I did concerning the validity of the Titanic CT's (of it being switched with the Olympic ect...) But, I delved further into the forums and really enjoyed the intelligent discussion/debate of similar topics. I have been watching too much of the one sided fear mongering crap on youtube, and enjoy this 'skepticism in everything' message this site tries to express. Thank you for helping me debunk some things from my mind, and hopefully as I read further maybe the world won't look quite as cynical as I once thought.

Greetings!

I have cited this site several times in "discussions" with chemtrail proponents. I encounter them occasionally on Google Plus.

It is great to see such a forum which, for the most part, seems to stick to the facts of the matter.

Hello all, was linked to this forum from another forum I frequent and after a few hours of browsing found myself wanting to weigh in on the discussions.

My background: 30 year old student, who just recently returned to university to study Cognitive Science. I love the pursuit of trying to discover the unknown, whether it just be learning or research into hypothesis. I too have a love of Kubrick's artistic endeavors.
Love ur quote re skeptic.

Hi everybody. I'm Archaeologist03 and am very happy to have found this site while trying to find out some truths about the Daesh situation in the Mid East. Also found info on chem trails in which my sister firmly believes. Maybe with this info she can be convinced otherwise. I am a senior and don't think I know enough to debunk anything, but u are a wonderful resource for skeptics who are trying to sort things out. Thank u.

hi - another newbie from the UK,

I just want to say great work, - especially to Mick the site admin (I come here after a hard fought 25 pager on another forum - hand to hand combat with a hoard of [conspiracy theorists])

seriously, great work - who would have believed simple rational thought, and an inquiring mine would be so hard

[mod - corrected Mick's name from 'Mike', politeness edits. ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back