Washington Navy Yard Shootings - False Flag Conspiracy Theories?

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Initial reports of the Washington Navy Yard shootings are conflicting, which is a somethings that always happens in a chaotic ongoing event, and yet something that is always used as fuel for conspiracy theories - particularly in shootings, where the inevitable caution of the police looking for additional shooters will somehow end up being interpreted as fact that there were additional shooters, and this was some kind of "false-flag" event to distract us from something, or shape the national discourse on something else.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/16/active-shooter-at-washington-navy-yard/

A Navy Yard spokesman said the suspected gunman remains active and possibly barricaded following reports of shots fired at around 8:20 a.m. at the Naval Sea Systems Command headquarters in southeast Washington. A U.S. Navy official later told Reuters that it's possible more than one shooter is involved, although that has not been verified.

Police sources told The Washington Post that three shooters, including one in military fatigues, were involved in the incident.
Content from External Source
And here come the conspiracies:
http://beforeitsnews.com/alternativ...vy-yard-washington-dc-false-flag-2764398.html

Shooter On The Loose-Active- In Navy Yard, Washington DC (FALSE FLAG)

(N.Morgan) This may be the False Flag every one has been waiting for. More details to follow. I have a bad feeling about this one. At least one person has been shot and an active shooter is on the loose on the grounds of the Washington Navy Yard in Southeast D.C. The Navy says three shots were fired at 8:20 a.m. Monday at Naval Sea Systems Command Headquarters Building 197 and at least one person was shot. D.C. Police and the FBI say they have received reports that multiple people have been shot. Emergency personnel are on scene and a “shelter in place” order has been issued, the Navy says. The Navy says about 3,000 people work in the building. This story will be updated.

They are telling us it’s them!

CarriedbyGrace : What the heck was that flash at :03 – :04? It looked like 2 pyramids!
Indeed it IS 2 pyramids! As clear as day, a brief flash.
The reference to pyramids there is from this video clip of Fox News, where a shot of the Pyramids is on screen for a fraction of a second during a fade. Presumably this was from a previous story segment on Egypt. But gets taken by imaginative as some kind of subliminal reference to the Illuminati.
[Edit: it's just the desktop wallpaper of the guy of who recorded it, you can see some icons]

Last edited:
There's always someone on Twitter to call "False Flag" on anything:

Last edited:
Alex Jones is going in soft - suggesting that the Yard being a "Gun Free Zone" was a factor:
http://www.infowars.com/navy-yard-shooting-did-gun-free-zone-enable-killers/

Today’s shooting at a Navy Yard in Washington DC constitutes yet another to have taken place within a gun free zone. With several people dead and more injured, questions over the disarming of citizens are once again sure to be raised.

As is the case at most military bases, personnel are forbidden from carrying their own personal firearms. Under a ruling enacted by The Clinton Administration, there must be “a credible and specific threat against [Department of the Army] personnel [exist] in that region” before military personnel “may be authorized to carry firearms for personal protection.”

This was the reason that the Fort Hood shooter Major Nidal Malik Hasan was able to go on a rampage for a full ten minutes in 2009, without being stopped.
Since Alex Jones is using the incident for his own propaganda purposes, under conspiracy theory logic that would mean that Alex Jones actually planned the shooting!

Looks like the story is settling down. Single shooter, civilian employee. Just another workplace shooting?

Beat me to it Mick, was just thinking of making a thread for this.

I was seeing reports saying as many as 3 shooters. As usual the media frenzy and conflicting reports will only add fuel to the conspiracy fire.

It's funny that Jones mentions that the yard is a gun-free zone. In fact, all of DC is "gun free" in the sense he's talking about. But the Navy Yard is not quite the same, you must pass through heavily armed checkpoints to get inside the base. The base also has its own police force.

I'm in the West End area of DC right now, things are pretty normal. No elevated police presence that I can see. Claims of "martial law in DC" are clearly bunk.

Edit: about the pyramids flashing onscreen mentioned in the BeforeItsNews "article". It's clearly someone's desktop wallpaper.

Last edited:
Looks like the story is settling down. Single shooter, civilian employee. Just another workplace shooting?

Just another workplace shooting?
I think that is sarcasm directed in reference the Foot Hood Shooting maybe implying a Muslim shooter ?

Likely just going on eyewitness confusion - military style clothing at a Navy base does not seem incredibly suspicious.

Likely just going on eyewitness confusion - military style clothing at a Navy base does not seem incredibly suspicious.

Agreed. As she was giving the descriptions all I could think was "so they look exactly like the responders?"

Last edited:
They can't even wait for the blood to dry on the pavement. This is just a partial list of videos already posted on YouTube calling it a false flag.

Untitled.jpg

Initial reports of the Washington Navy Yard shootings are conflicting, which is a somethings that always happens in a chaotic ongoing event, and yet something that is always used as fuel for conspiracy theories - particularly in shootings, where the inevitable caution of the police looking for additional shooters will somehow end up being interpreted as fact that there were additional shooters, and this was some kind of "false-flag" event to distract us from something, or shape the national discourse on something else.
Mick, your opening post was spot on.

And more hasty reporting.
http://variety.com/2013/more/news/nbc-cbs-misidentify-navy-shooting-suspect-1200613579/
NBC and CBS were forced to retract earlier reports about the identity of the shooter responsible for the deaths of 12 people at the Navy Yard in Washington on Monday.

NBC News: we are now NOT reporting name of shooter; retracting that report. deleting those tweets—
Chuck Todd (@chucktodd) September 16, 2013

The confusion over the shooter name had to do with an I.D. card found near dead gunman; What led to bad initial reporting.—
Chuck Todd (@chucktodd) September 16, 2013

Alex Jones and the right wingers are already calling it a "gun free zone" based on the fact that it is illegal to bring personal weapons even though I'm sure that many there were well armed personell on duty as it is a military base.

Last edited:
Alex Jones and the right wingers are already calling it a "gun free zone" based on the fact that it is illegal to bring personal weapons even though I'm sure that many there were well armed as it is a military base.

From what I'm reading, except for the MP's, military bases are "gun free zones". There was debate on changing this after the Ft. Hood shooting. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/nov/11/end-clinton-era-military-base-gun-ban/

According to the Navy,
One highlight of the new policy is the ability for all Sailors to store their personal firearms in base housing or armories (when space is available), so long as they receive prior written approval from the installation commanding officer. Weapons must be stored in a locked container, a locked gun rack, or secured with approved trigger locks to keep the weapon from firing.

Weapons are still prohibited in other on-base locations, such as bachelor enlisted or bachelor officer quarters, work centers, and vehicles.

The policy also clarifies that Sailors must comply with all federal, state, and local laws, and that concealed weapons are never allowed on Navy installations, regardless of local law.
http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=54055

I'd think that getting hold of a weapon in an emergency situation at a military base would be quite difficult.

Alex Jones and the right wingers are already calling it a "gun free zone" based on the fact that it is illegal to bring personal weapons even though I'm sure that many there were well armed as it is a military base.

Actually, military bases are HEAVILY regulated with regards to firearms. People have this idea that everyone on a base is walking around with a gun, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. The only people on bases carrying would most likely be MP's (on duty only) and (since this was a navy base) a small group of Marine guards.

It was rare that we had our weapons out of the armory area, and we were NEVER given ammo unless we were on the rifle range.

From what I'm reading, except for the MP's, military bases are "gun free zones". There was debate on changing this after the Ft. Hood shooting. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/nov/11/end-clinton-era-military-base-gun-ban/

According to the Navy,
One highlight of the new policy is the ability for all Sailors to store their personal firearms in base housing or armories (when space is available), so long as they receive prior written approval from the installation commanding officer. Weapons must be stored in a locked container, a locked gun rack, or secured with approved trigger locks to keep the weapon from firing.

Weapons are still prohibited in other on-base locations, such as bachelor enlisted or bachelor officer quarters, work centers, and vehicles.

The policy also clarifies that Sailors must comply with all federal, state, and local laws, and that concealed weapons are never allowed on Navy installations, regardless of local law.
http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=54055

I'd think that getting hold of a weapon in an emergency situation at a military base would be quite difficult.

oh.....

Well either way, it's pretty obvious that the conspiracy culture has already sown the seeds of a conspiracy theory with this one.
Alex Jones and his lackeys know that people are very passionate about their guns and that he can capitalize on things like this to boost his ratings.

What will be interesting is that if we find out that the shooter is a left winger, at which point I guarantee that Alex Jones will backpedal just like he did with Christopher Dorner.

Well either way, it's pretty obvious that the conspiracy culture has already sown the seeds of a conspiracy theory with this one.

Oh yea. They latch on to anything they think they can spin their way. Even if it directly contradicts another conspiracy they scream about from their soapbox, or even another point in the same conspiracy. I wouldn't be shocked to hear that there was a Ft. Hood CT because someone thought someone there should have stopped it under the assumption that Army base equals thousands of armed solidiers roaming around.

As to video games, so??? Let me ask this rhetorically. Do video games teach you HOW to reload or even the process for loading ammunition into clips? I only remember 1 Resident Evil game in which you had to individually load bullets into clips, as you would in real life. Do video games actually teach you the functionality of a gun, ie where the fire selector is, the clip release, and the safety? Do video games actually get you used to the recoil of a gun? It is a far cry to see the screen jump up with each shot, it is another kettle of fish to actually experience muzzle climb. The fact is video games don't even really teach you how to aim properly or even how to properly fire a gun. People trying to point the finger at games are overlooking the bigger issue, the fucking guns themselves and the evident ease of access that criminals, terrorists, and the mentally unstable have to powerful firearms. I mean the fact that we can't even ban .50 cal anti mat rifles is pathetic. When will you realistically need an anti-mat rifle? The only time I can think is when you are trying to shoot down aircraft....

As to video games, so??? Let me ask this rhetorically. Do video games teach you HOW to reload or even the process for loading ammunition into clips? I only remember 1 Resident Evil game in which you had to individually load bullets into clips, as you would in real life. Do video games actually teach you the functionality of a gun, ie where the fire selector is, the clip release, and the safety? Do video games actually get you used to the recoil of a gun? It is a far cry to see the screen jump up with each shot, it is another kettle of fish to actually experience muzzle climb. The fact is video games don't even really teach you how to aim properly or even how to properly fire a gun. People trying to point the finger at games are overlooking the bigger issue, the fucking guns themselves and the evident ease of access that criminals, terrorists, and the mentally unstable have to powerful firearms. I mean the fact that we can't even ban .50 cal anti mat rifles is pathetic. When will you realistically need an anti-mat rifle? The only time I can think is when you are trying to shoot down aircraft....
Really ? Do you play shooter games ? do you shoot ? Depending on the game they can teach you quite a bit . Rate of fire what gun to use in what situation . They are way more accurate then you think . or just the illusion of someone being better is far more dangerous then gaining skill . Its is ludicrous to blame the game or the gun however .

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, his desktop. Obvious when looking at a HD version:

Oh jeez, that's comedy gold - so let me get this straight, the pyramid desktop wasn't from Fox but from the guy who uploaded the video for the false flag article?
Really ? Do you play shooter games ? do you shoot ? Depending on the game they can teach you quite a bit . Rate of fire what gun to use in what situation . They are way more accurate then you think . or just the illusion of someone being better is far more dangerous then gaining skill . Its is ludicrous to blame the game or the gun however . Try not to use the F WORD on this forum .

Joe is right here. Video games from the past few years are increasingly blurring the lines between reality and fiction, so the argument that they could "teach" you things is valid. This is particularly true with games like Battlefield and ARMA, the developers of which go to great lengths in their dedication to realism.

However, the argument that video games are the catalyst behind a person with mental/emotional issues lashing out at the world has yet to be conclusively demonstrated. Even if it were the reason for the navy yard shooting, isolated incidents do not represent the majority. Given the pervasiveness of video games, including violent ones, one would think this would be a more common occurrence if so.

My friend is a probation officer. He said when they qualify with their weapons, nowadays the new recruits are so much quicker because of their experence with video games.

Oh jeez, that's comedy gold - so let me get this straight, the pyramid desktop wasn't from Fox but from the guy who uploaded the video for the false flag article?.

No, I think it was from desktop of the person at Fox who created the graphics.

The shooter was also attending a Buddhist temple in the Ft Worth area, with the declared intent of becoming a monk. He was mentally ill, he had had anger issues before.

Oh jeez, that's comedy gold - so let me get this straight, the pyramid desktop wasn't from Fox but from the guy who uploaded the video for the false flag article?

Joe is right here. Video games from the past few years are increasingly blurring the lines between reality and fiction, so the argument that they could "teach" you things is valid. This is particularly true with games like Battlefield and ARMA, the developers of which go to great lengths in their dedication to realism.

However, the argument that video games are the catalyst behind a person with mental/emotional issues lashing out at the world has yet to be conclusively demonstrated. Even if it were the reason for the navy yard shooting, isolated incidents do not represent the majority. Given the pervasiveness of video games, including violent ones, one would think this would be a more common occurrence if so.

I would agree, more study needs to happen. But we can't be afraid of it. Way to many people just dismiss it entirely. But this guy was crazy!!! HE was unemployed and played these games 16 hours a day!!!! He kept hearing voices in his head. All of this IS a factor. Who knows what that does to a person. Why in god's name would you play violent video games, if you didn't like responding to the events of 9/11??? Aren't these games modelled after the Middle East wars that have happened because of and since then??

I am a computer nerd. I work in IT. I know first hand what these video games do and portray, which is exactly why I don't play them. They are like a drug! I stay away because I am afraid of what could happen. I could get drawn in and might never come out. Even if I do, I will probably not be the same person. Oh and these games are quite expensive too. I have no time and very little money to waste on them. But this is my personal opinion and experience.

I would agree, more study needs to happen. But we can't be afraid of it. Way to many people just dismiss it entirely. But this guy was crazy!!! HE was unemployed and played these games 16 hours a day!!!! He kept hearing voices in his head. All of this IS a factor. Who knows what that does to a person. Why in god's name would you play violent video games, if you didn't like responding to the events of 9/11??? Aren't these games modelled after the Middle East wars that have happened because of and since then??

I am a computer nerd. I work in IT. I know first hand what these video games do and portray, which is exactly why I don't play them. They are like a drug! I stay away because I am afraid of what could happen. I could get drawn in and might never come out. Even if I do, I will probably not be the same person. Oh and these games are quite expensive too. I have no time and very little money to waste on them. But this is my personal opinion and experience.

I play them but limit my time , gives me a headache if i play too much . Good thing Im not crazy ? If I play too late at night i cant sleep which would explain some of his symptoms . One other thing I noticed playing online shooter games lots of racial epithets among the younger players . If you have PTSD or if your nuts games are not for you , Grand Theft Auto is the worst and they actually used gangbangers to help in the production of the games . But again its not the gun not the game it is mental illness Period .

I play them but limit my time , gives me a headache if i play too much . Good thing Im not crazy ? If I play too late at night i cant sleep which would explain some of his symptoms . One other thing I noticed playing online shooter games lots of racial epithets among the younger players . If you have PTSD or if your nuts games are not for you , Grand Theft Auto is the worst and they actually used gangbangers to help in the production of the games . But again its not the gun not the game it is mental illness Period .

Him having the PTSD was obviously not enough. He just recently became unemployed and playing the games all day. He has had PTSD for years! The job obviously helped him cope with it, because he kept busy. While I do agree with the cliche that guns don't kill people, people kill people. I don't rush to pin that with video games. If you immense yourself in a world for 16 hours a day all day everyday. And already have mental problems, something is going to crack. Or your going to start to believe it to be reality. It is also the perfect recipe for CTs as well. Though, unlike some of the last shooters, I am not really hearing CT talking points coming out of him or his friends except for the voices...

The catcher here is, pro Gun people usually advocate for safe gun usage. Video games tend to be more anarchistic, especially ones tailor made as "shoot'em up!" This is made specifically for gun shooting. The video game culture needs to be examined...

The idea that video games were in any way responsible for his behaviour is laughable and offensive.
Grand Theft Auto 5 came out yesterday - if he was truly a fan of violent video games he would have delayed his killing spree until *after* he had had a chance to play it thoroughly.
And wouldn't *actual* gun training and familiarity with his real-world gun have more to do with his proficiency to kill people than his imagined virtual gun use in a video game?

Agreed Pete. I think the bigger issue is that the man obviously had mental issues, has had several run-ins with the law involving discharging a gun in anger, and he still was legally able to buy a firearm. Pretty sure mutilating the First Amendment isn't the solution. The solution is universal background checks and taking guns from convicted violent offenders.

Back