Vindog's Contrail Questions [Contrails Near Boston]

These are NOT normal. If you need an explanation of why not, I truly believe you are playing dumb.

upload_2014-7-1_19-39-53.jpeg

Define "normal". I believe one of those was taken with an image-altering lens or isn't a real photo, but the rest are easily explained and already HAVE been, on contrailscience.com . You are now starting to Gish Gallop and I, for one, am not going to play.

Now I hate to resort to logical fallacies, but the majority of people on this planet(appeal to majority) all say that they dont remember persistant contrails (chemtrails) in their area under conditions where they are happening now.
No, the majority of people on the planet have not even been polled on the subject. Most have never come across the chemtrail nonsense online nor considered their sky to contain anything unusual.

well seeing how my question is what changed between the 90's and now that makes chemtrails appear more, and they responded with that info, i would say yes, someone did say that.....
You have a habit of claiming what someone said, but not quoting it. You certainly misrepresented something I supposedly said, so I'm not going to accept your word for it now. You have been TOLD what the main reason is. Accept it or not- your choice.

These are NOT normal. If you need an explanation of why not, I truly believe you are playing dumb.

upload_2014-7-1_19-39-53.jpeg

All of these have explanations. Heck, the second one is just the product of the lens used to take the picture. I am also a pilot who works in the environment all the time. Can I help you with one question to start with? Whatever you want.

this is exactly what im talking about when i say you distract and detract. either you are doing it on purpose, or just have a really bad memory and conversational/comprehensional skills. You have just made me go backwards in this conversation. I honestly think its on purpose...it cant happen this many times by accident.
We are taking great pains to answer your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are not common but may well be natural and explainable.
Not common? that goes against everything ive been told buy people here thus far. So far I have been told that this is normal, common and highly documented....so now im getting conflicting stories....

All of these have explanations. Heck, the second one is just the product of the lens used to take the picture. I am also a pilot who works in the environment all the time. Can I help you with one question to start with? Whatever you want.
How old are you and how long have you been flying?

are you kidding me? pointing out that im getting conflicting stories from the debunkers makes me an utter jackass?
honestly I just want to know which story Y;all are gonna go with? that those are uncommon, or that they are common and highly documented...cant have it both ways is all

Funny how you all still ignore this video, and now that I am able to point out your distracting/detracting/ conflicting explanations, and now you want to ignore blatant evidence.

whats bunk? that its common or uncommon, surely it cant be both.
that you have been told 'this is normal'. BEFORE you posted any of those pics.
some of the pics are normal for planes doing maneuvers etc but they aren't all common occurrences... meaning things people often see.

that you have been told 'this is normal'. BEFORE you posted any of those pics.
some of the pics are normal for planes doing maneuvers etc but they aren't all common occurrences... meaning things people often see.
I see this almost every day. how can you tell me that its not common. Other people all around the planet see it everyday....this is the whole reason we are even having this debate....this is the whole reason this website exists.....

Funny how you all still ignore this video, and now that I am able to point out your distracting/detracting/ conflicting explanations, and now you want to ignore blatant evidence?

Sorry everyone appears to be ignoring the video but radar loop videos are not usable because of a number of reasons. If you are a professional radar technician and would like to explain what the video shows go ahead. I have a higher than normal understanding of radar technology and I easily see how the images are twisted to represent a point. Simply put, unless you are an expert on that stuff I would leave it alone.

Not common? that goes against everything ive been told buy people here thus far. So far I have been told that this is normal, common and highly documented....so now im getting conflicting stories....

I believe George was referring to those specific photos which show extreme examples.

The first photo has been discussed here:

http://contrailscience.com/why-do-some-planes-leave-long-trails-but-others-dont/

Contrails that persist and spread are common.

Do you have a specific claim of evidence that you would like addressed?

Last edited:
Sorry everyone appears to be ignoring the video but radar loop videos are not usable because of a number of reasons. If you are a professional radar technician and would like to explain what the video shows go ahead. I have a higher than normal understanding of radar technology and I easily see how the images are twisted to represent a point. Simply put, unless you are an expert on that stuff I would leave it alone.
wow, you ask for evidence, yet turn it down when presented with it...moving goal post

I believe George was referring to those specific photos which show extreme examples.

The first photo has been discussed here:

http://contrailscience.com/why-do-some-planes-leave-long-trails-but-others-dont/

Contrail persist and spread are common.

Do you have a specific claim of evidence that you would like addressed?
those are only a handful of the THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of similar photos. The videos i have presented are only a handful of the hundreds of videos...

No, it's not like that. It's a matter that the evidence presented is poor. How deep down that radar return rabbit hole would you like me to go? I have all night but I won't explain that video unless your willing to present an open ear.

Simply put, unless you are an expert on that stuff I would leave it alone.
And also, I find it QUITE contradictory for you to say that, yet you use Contrailscience.com, a website run by a videogame software developer who has no expertise in the things he tries to debunk, as your own evidence...Cause thats fair right? Only if it suits your viewpoint i guess.

No, it's not like that. It's a matter that the evidence presented is poor. How deep down that radar return rabbit hole would you like me to go? I have all night but I won't explain that video unless your willing to present an open ear.
Can doppler pick up cirrus clouds?

Probably not cirrus per se but you can manipulate both the output and the image to show virtually anything you want including temperature changes, clouds, birds, mountains, buildings, etc. and you can color those returns an a number of ways to highlight a point. As far as cirrus, I have seen versions of high level clouds on many occasions. The main point I would like to make is that unless you have a very high understanding of radar systems it would be easy to misinterpret what is shown.

Additionally, the general public is accustomed to seeing highly refined images to show honest precipitation. Obviously so they know if it will rain or snow. But believe me the weather man has the ability to show you a number of things.

OK, let's discuss your "Evidence" i.e this video.
Firstly what are YOU claiming it shows? The author of the video has presented it as being Pulse doppler radar and showing chemtrail formation.
How do THEY know that;s what it is? How do I know they aren't totally normal weather patterns? I can't see anything on the video that looks like 300 mile long almost perfectly straight lines., for example.

YOU stated that the pulse doppler radar CAN NOT detect Cirrus clouds. Where is your source for this? I am looking at sources on the radar and they aren't specifying what clouds they can and cannot see.
HOWEVER, they DO state that the radar can see birds, bats, and even cars on the interstate depending on conditions: http://www.meteorologynews.com/2008/12/31/doppler-radar-can-detect-more-than-just-weather/comment-page-1/

if you aren't going to state your source for the comment about not being able to detect cirrus clouds, I can only conclude it was bullshit, made up to strengthen the "claim" on this video.

Without me or you knowing anything about radar and what the returns look like, all this video is is a bunch or pretty patterns and that is almost certainly while others ignored it.

You talk about distracting and detracting but you have repeatedly NOT answered important questions.

So I will ask again: If contrails can and always have persisted, what is different about the ones you (and I in Bristol) see almost every day that makes them "suspicious" or shows they MUST be chemtrails? If you have determined that they are chemtrails and not contrails, HOW have you determined that?

Interesting you mentioning this site as a scam. Mick has posted precisely how much it costs to run this site and he pays for it all from his own pocket. There are NO adverts and NO donate buttons here.

Geoengineering Watch on the other hand, has a few Donate buttons and a few bits of "Merchandise" like Videos which you will get in exchange for a "donation"

Prison Planet (Alex Jones' site) has blatant advertising ALL over it, and mostly for INFOWARS BRANDED merchandise like a 1 oz bottle of "lung cleanser" for ONLY $29.95

If you actually point out any information on contrail science or metabunk that is wrong, mick will amend it. He does not need to answer to sponsors, or worry about revenue streams.

If you show Alex Jones that any information on Prison Planet is wrong, he will just call you a shill or ignore it completely lest you stop being afraid enough to buy his crap.

I have 2 low paid jobs. My car was inherited, every single item in my house, apart from my washing machine was either inherited, hand me down or obtained by freecycle. Being a paid shill is not very lucrative.
My hours are erratic, enabling me to be online at odd hours of the day to come on here, plus being in the UK, I am also 5-7 (I think) hours ahead of anyone in the USA.

YOU stated that the pulse doppler radar CAN NOT detect Cirrus clouds. Where is your source for this? I am looking at sources on the radar and they aren't specifying what clouds they can and cannot see.
HOWEVER, they DO state that the radar can see birds, bats, and even cars on the interstate depending on conditions: http://www.meteorologynews.com/2008/12/31/doppler-radar-can-detect-more-than-just-weather/comment-page-1/
I never stated that. I simply asked if it can. Again words being put into my mouth. this makes me question your comprehension skills.
You talk about distracting and detracting but you have repeatedly NOT answered important questions.

So I will ask again: If contrails can and always have persisted, what is different about the ones you (and I in Bristol) see almost every day that makes them "suspicious" or shows they MUST be chemtrails? If you have determined that they are chemtrails and not contrails, HOW have you determined that?
I have already gone over this question. I am not going to answer it. If you cannot decipher for yourself what is different from today's chemtrails and old pictures of persistent contrails, than you have no business even talking about this topic.
Prison Planet (Alex Jones' site) has blatant advertising ALL over it, and mostly for INFOWARS BRANDED merchandise like a 1 oz bottle of "lung cleanser" for ONLY $29.95
This is an ad hominem attack. Attack his evidence, and not his character. And on another note, am I supposed to ignore everything a news source says because they have sponsors? if thats the case than we should just stop watching Cnn, NBC, ABC, FOX, PBS, all because they have sponsors? bullshit.

If you have determined that they are chemtrails and not contrails, HOW have you determined that?
I have already gone over this question. I am not going to answer it. If you cannot decipher for yourself what is different from today's chemtrails and old pictures of persistent contrails, than you have no business even talking about this topic.
This question is really central to the whole thing, and while you may have "gone over" it, I don't think you've given a clear answer to it. I can't imagine why you would take the time to type 3 sentences explaining that you refuse to answer it, instead of just answering it in one.

@Vindog - you do not really seem to be able to address any of the material provided to you...nor present any evidence of your own

This paper from 1972 describes exactly what you claim "never" happened before some random time in the 90s- please explain this contradiction

http://ciresweb.colorado.edu/science/groups/pielke/classes/atoc7500/knollenberg72.pdf

It is often observed that contrails spread considerably...Under favorable conditions, a lateral spread of kilometers is observed...If sufficient air traffic exists, and entire overcast of contrail cirrus may develop and persist for hours with rapid growth in the ice budget of individual contrails.
Content from External Source
All of those photos ypu posted were explained- some werent even from planes...but you ignore this and keep hammering away with misdirection.

Try to focus. Pick one specific claim of evidence and clarify why you think its odd or suspicious.

Vindog, you seem to be ignoring when people actually give you explanations for the things you post. Can you at least acknowledge the explanations for the photos you posted above, and discuss how your opinion is changed by the new information you have received about them?

Unless you actually address the things being discussed, you will not be allowed to post again. It's your call.

Back