"Unsealed ....." TV show (@ Destination America - channel)

Leifer

Senior Member.
I came home late from work the other night, to find several of these "Unsealed Files..." episodes, back-to-back. This series is found on the "Destination America" network...... a network mostly catering to unknown mysteries, like ghosts, monsters, aliens, conspiracies, etc....as well as other popular near-non-informational programing such as "Buying Alaska", etc.
Copyright © 2014 Discovery Communications, LLC

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/unsealed-americas-conspiracy-files/episodes-season-1/622540

Unsealed: America's Conspiracy Files Season 1 episodes
Jul 20, 2013: Secret Government Warehouses
Jul 13, 2013: Secret Societies
Feb 02, 2013: Top 10 Conspiracies
Jan 26, 2013: Stargates
Nov 24, 2012: Rise of the Machine
Nov 24, 2012: Who Is the Anti-Christ?
Nov 10, 2012: Bigfoot
Nov 03, 2012: Cloning
Oct 27, 2012: HAARP Around the World
Oct 13, 2012: New World Order
Oct 06, 2012: Mind Control
Sep 29, 2012: Bio-Hazard Island
Sep 22, 2012: Doomsday
Content from External Source
It's pure sensationalistic programming, in a style that tries to lead the viewer into believing the unsubstantiated script.

The "Unsealed" episodes are directly geared toward "your government is lying to you".
Repeated several times in the narrated script, are phrases like, "...what the gov't doesn't want you to know", and, "experts agree that...." (or "experts speculate that..."), to somehow add credibility to the show's ideas.......with absolutely no alternative viewpoint.

https://www.youtube.com/user/unsealedfiles/videos

....as a search may reveal.....money and popularity seem to be what primarily drives production companies to engage in the production of.....basically anything that will gather viewership.
Searching many production company program ventures, leads me to this conclusion, that:
"It sells, if it's likely to be watched".

Executive producers of cable-bought (aired) programming, often engage in a wide variety of productions.
As one example, exec. producer Kent Weed, who did "Kitchen Nightmares (Ramsey)", as well as "Conspiracy Theory, with Jesse Ventura".
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0917239/

My point here is a question.......
Is it the show's producers (and show creators) fault, to entice the public who may tune-in to such entertainment folly.... because the creators of such shows are purposefully irresponsible in their accuracy ?? (and they don't mind, because the show makes money ?)
....or, is it the public's fault for desiring such programming (by watching these shows) ??....thereby creating a guaranteed market for these shows ?

...or further yet.......does one encourage the other ?

Last edited:
I guess I'm in the camp that says it's the producers of these programmes that are most at fault here, for exploiting the credulous and in turn fuelling the desire for more of the same cheap, easy to make shows.
I guess I'm ignoring the 'which came first, the chicken or the egg' question and getting more bothered by who profits and what the damage is, in battery farming.

....or, is it the public's fault for desiring such programming (by watching these shows) ??....thereby creating a guaranteed market for these shows ?
The public's "fault" or desire is a better word. Society today craves vampires, ghosts, aliens, and all that is supernatural. I mean every other hit show on the networks involves something paranormal. So for me at least, its just the producers giving the audience what they desire, similar to ancient aliens and the line up on H2.

I have to admit, I've watched a couple of these episodes. I first became aware of Mr. Mick West while watching an episode. He was explaining what aircraft contrails REALLY are, and how they form. He was immediately followed by Michael Murphy, who explained...well, I really don't know what the hell he was explaining, but it sure sounded serious...o_O

Anyway, one good thing happened from me watching it... I eventually discovered Metabunk.

Thanks,
Don

The public's "fault" or desire is a better word. Society today craves vampires, ghosts, aliens, and all that is supernatural. I mean every other hit show on the networks involves something paranormal. So for me at least, its just the producers giving the audience what they desire, similar to ancient aliens and the line up on H2.
I find it hard to blame the public. Society has always craved "vampires, ghosts, aliens, and all that is supernatural". In the last century these topics were mostly relegated to the world of myth and presented as such. Unfortunately in the 25 years or so in has become more common to cover these topic in a documentary format normally associated with truth without presenting the science that disproves the topic by companies that use words like history, discovery and learning in their names. This has resulted in college students going into academic libraries and asking where the books proving aliens have visited are located and then getting upset when the librarian tells them to check the fiction section. Rather than accept that they have been lied to by the "educational" channels the whole time they were growing up they now assume colleges are part of the academic cover up these shows warned about.

I find it hard to blame the public. Society has always craved "vampires, ghosts, aliens, and all that is supernatural".
Society is the public though...right? You just worded it better than me, lol..

I find it hard to blame the public. Society has always craved "vampires, ghosts, aliens, and all that is supernatural". In the last century these topics were mostly relegated to the world of myth and presented as such. Unfortunately in the 25 years or so in has become more common to cover these topic in a documentary format normally associated with truth without presenting the science that disproves the topic by companies that use words like history, discovery and learning in their names. This has resulted in college students going into academic libraries and asking where the books proving aliens have visited are located and then getting upset when the librarian tells them to check the fiction section. Rather than accept that they have been lied to by the "educational" channels the whole time they were growing up they now assume colleges are part of the academic cover up these shows warned about.
Plus if we look at the last 50yrs or so, vampires and werewolves were depicted as evil entities early on, but in today's society the paranormal are glorified so much so we have movies that depict humans falling in love with vampires and werewolves or even witches. I think shows like the Adams Family and similar ones paved the way for adding humor to "monsters" and making them more acceptable or even desirable in today society. We even impart kids with this sort of thing like Monsters University, or Hotel transylvania. The documentaries followed suit after realizing the public's infatuation with the paranormal.

Society has always craved "vampires, ghosts, aliens, and all that is supernatural".

LOL! Agree, 100% That, there, explains a WHOLE lot of Hollywood. And....there is a gaping hole, a maw in Hollywood that desires new content. They can only drag through that muck a number of times, before it gets old and crappy....

on the flip side (and this is even scarier if you ask me) I think people are 'believing' documentaries (scientifically based or not) less and less. This is a slow progression of course but you can see it. Something real is shown and people are jumping to "oh that's probably fake like the blair witch project or that spider-dog". I was watching some film with a 11 year old niece and they had pterodactyls spliced into the movie but the background was real. she kept saying look how real that looks, and I kept saying "it is real" and she just kept repeating "no they just make it to look real". sad.

on the flip side (and this is even scarier if you ask me) I think people are 'believing' documentaries (scientifically based or not) less and less
This is in large part thanks to all the nonsensical rubbish that gets discussed on some of these channels. One would think the Science Channel, History Channel, and even H2 should be purely educational. But in the year leading up to the 2012 nonsense they decided to run shows that depicted the end of the world and the countless ways it could happen followed up by shows that emphasized the need to Prepare yourself for the end of the world with shows like "preppers".

History Channel takes the cake. Cremo, Bauval, Sitchin, Hancock, the guy with the spray tan and big hair. It's funny for 10 minutes, and then I just want to pull my hair out hearing these people talk.

Dutch TV is also really uninformative, reality show's on every channel so haven't got a cable license for years. We also export all these awful reality shows to the UK and US. Big Brother, the Voice, Utopia. Our biggest export product is stupidity.

I mostly watch BBC on Freesat, they have documentaries worth watching on history, arts, music et cetera.

History Channel takes the cake. Cremo, Bauval, Sitchin, Hancock, the guy with the spray tan and big hair. It's funny for 10 minutes, and then I just want to pull my hair out hearing these people talk.

Dutch TV is also really uninformative, reality show's on every channel so haven't got a cable license for years. We also export all these awful reality shows to the UK and US. Big Brother, the Voice, Utopia. Our biggest export product is stupidity.

I mostly watch BBC on Freesat, they have documentaries worth watching on history, arts, music et cetera.

Can you, (please) post some examples? Thanks (in advance).

(EDIT): Not all links can be watched, depends on the country (and Internet browser). Still, I'd be interested in seeing, (if I can, what you describe).

Thanks, again.

Last edited:
You mean BBC content?

All the Britannia music series, Natural World, Human Planet, History of Britain, I watch anything on Chemistry with Jim Al Khalili, series about the universe with Brian Cox, and other programming like Spring Watch, Sky at Night, QI, Horizon, Panorama, there is so much interesting stuff to watch I can't sum it all up.

Edit:

If you mean examples of the people I mentioned earlier best to watch this film but it is 190 minutes long:

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com

Last edited:
Back