The Infraction System for enforcing the politeness policy

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
A rule is useless unless it is enforced. So I have to enforce the politeness policy. I've done this so far with PM warnings, editing posts, and then short-term bans if that does not work.

Since the workload for doing this is getting a bit high, I'm trying out a new system. I apologize in advance if this annoys people, or seems overly draconian or impersonal, but I remain committed to keeping things polite, so need to explore some options.

Basically posts can now be flagged by the moderators as being "infractions". And infraction has a number of points. If a person gets a certain number of points within a certain period, then they automatically get banned for a number of days, or put into a "moderated" state where their post have to be approved.

The system will be refined over time.

Hopefully there will not be too much use for it.

Is people see a post that they think violates the politeness policy then feel free to report it with the "report post" button.

Last edited:
Is people see a post that they think violates the politeness policy then feel free to report it with the "report post" button.

AH HA! Employing a system of sycophantic snitches? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back