The Global Cross-Hair Enigma that looks like Hair Dryer Burns

isnt the scalpula on your back?

sbs.jpg
1670376273165.png

If you're going to swap the left-right positions of the two images, then communicating which one is which will become unnecessarily complicated.
Indeed, the scapula is on your back, it's the shoulderblade. The image that is repeated in the above pair is the one with the clavicle, not the one with what looks to me more like a scapula.

not the one with what looks to me more like a scapula
so yes, you think the pic of his mom is the back of her shoulder. that would indeed make it much much harder to burn yourself either accidentally or intentionally.

(ps his moms pic has a burn colored mark, my marks are jet black or blue to indicate the experiment photos. but sorry i switched there positional order, didnt think of that)

It seems plausible that she felt a pain from a burn that happened at some time before that, perhaps hours or even days, so it's quite likely that she did not notice it at the time the burn happened. That lag makes it easier to forget an incident to which no thought was given at the time; I do it when I trip on something, say "ouch", continue on my way, then wonder later where that bruise came from. The best we can tell you is that it looks exactly like the kind of burn pattern for which we have seen many examples from the grid on a hairdryer (many of them on people with no memory of the burn being inflicted) and I don't think any other plausible causes have been suggested.

edit to add: It even appears to be pattern number one from Jacques Vallee's chart that was posted by @Mick West

5D1C978D-3A0E-4FB3-AB33-F11E0BF0AB42.jpeg
I completely understand what you are saying, but in all fairness it's a pretty obvious mark to notice over a few days, especially when she lives with her husband who was the person to actually notice the mark.
I honestly don't know what to think or suggest but I trust my mums word with this specific incident and that she has not intentionally or unintentionally burned herself with a hairdryer.

honestly don't know what to think or suggest but I trust my mums word with this specific incident and that she has not intentionally or unintentionally burned herself with a hairdryer.
Yet she has a mark matching what a hair drier grid would leave.

Perhaps the incident did not really leave a memory? I'm 63 in a few days, and I find myself surprised by a scab on my shin when I do not remember whanging it on anything to cause a contusion, and similar minor boo-boos. This is pretty normal.

I completely understand what you are saying, but in all fairness it's a pretty obvious mark to notice over a few days, especially when she lives with her husband who was the person to actually notice the mark.
In other words, your mother didn't even notice it herself. That means we don't know when it happened at all. The longer the time, the easier it is to forget, especially when it's something trivial, and didn't feel like a burn at the time.

I'm not sure what is gained by continuing trying to persuade Lewis. Many reasonable explanations have been put forth but Lewis does not accept them which is fine. Do we need to keep hammering away at this case?

Last edited:
Sometimes it is helpful to hear something said another way, or by someone else, or even just at another time when you're more ready to hear it. If that turns out to be the case here, there will have been some value to continuing the conversation.

I dont think anybody is hammering on Lewis... conversing with, though, that seems to be ongoing .

In other words, your mother didn't even notice it herself. That means we don't know when it happened at all. The longer the time, the easier it is to forget, especially when it's something trivial, and didn't feel like a burn at the time.
I think this debate works both ways to be honest. It's literally your/ their word against mine / my mums.
People here are totally convinced my mum did this with a hairdryer with ZERO PROOF, I and my mum have said it wasn't.
Surely if there were soo many people doing this regularly enough, it would be household knowledge that this can happen but yet we are here debating it on a debunking forum?
If something like this is soo normal and casual the why does it need to be debunked?

If something like this is soo normal and casual the why does it need to be debunked?

Because even though burning a pattern into your skin with a hairdryer is, in itself, a mundane accident, it's still relatively rare, and when it happens, a few people think it's something mystical or related to alien abductions. That then gets folded into what some people (Jaques Vallee, et al) consider to be a broad set of evidence for UFOs or extradimensional tricksters.

i'm totally convinced.
We don't even know if she always washes/dries/styles her own hair. Maybe it could have been clumsy staff at a hairdresser's or a home visit - who would definitely want to cover up the accident if they could and fool the mother into having the false narrative. Whilst there remain other believable possibilities open, even remote ones, you can't go the full 100% to certainty. Feel free to take a stance with a whole lot of nines in it, thought, I have no issue with that at all.

. Maybe it could have been clumsy staff at a hairdresser's or a home visit - who would definitely want to cover up the accident if they could and fool the mother into having the false narrative.
they would've smelled burning plastic from the cape. :) there aren't a whole lot of nines for me because it is on her front shoulder like most of the other ones, who also didnt remember ..some of whom checked their driers and saw it was the same pattern. i'm good at at least 98% which = totally convinced.

To say otherwise, in my opinion, is extraordinary and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence so i'm going with occam on this one. We would need no cape, no safety nozzle, less possibility she wouldnt notice if someone else did it to her. etc.

People here are totally convinced my mum did this with a hairdryer with ZERO PROOF, I and my mum have said it wasn't.

I'd say I'm convinced it was a hairdryer that did it, but I'm not convinced your mum did it with a hairdryer.

As above, the 'proof' is that it looks exactly like a hairdryer burn and that it's not unusual for people (especially women) to be slightly burned by hairdryers and later find these marks.

Of course, that's not really 'proof' - but it is strongly suggestive.

I suppose the only way it could be interesting would be if the person with the mark was 100% sure they hadn't been anywhere near a hairdryer in the weeks before the mark was discovered.

Last edited:
Yes. Most hairdryers have plastic grills for this very reason. Safety. Heat guns (which resemble hairdryers) are of course another matter and have metal grills. But rarely found neatly hanging at ladies' rooms.

My cheap Remington has a metal grille and tbh I've never noticed a plastic grille on a hairdryer. But I do think it's more likely these marks would be accidentally made with a plastic grille at lower temperature, meaning the contact would be sustained for longer and not necessarily noticed.

Not noticing a burn until some time later is normal in my personal experience. (I burn or cut myself about once a month:rolleyes: and at least some of those I discover later with no idea how it happened.) Maybe the mom's seatbelt dug into it while she was driving, and that was the first time she felt it.

Back