The decline of the "educational" channels

And why do you think that is MICK?

Funny thing as I am reviewing the videos regarding doom and the rest I am discovering an enormous range of human creativity and ethos that I did not appreciate before. Seems I am discovering something to marvel at and to wonder at!!!
The DOOM excesses of T.V. , movies, alternative media have I think a long history. This history encompasses probably at least 2,500 years. Going back to the early writings regarding Atlantis, including the ancient writings for example of Gilgamesh of Samaria , India's ancient holy writings, and including the Genesis of the Jewish, Christian and Islamic Holy texts. Why are we any different? Our science is full of Extinction Level Events well detailed in the fossil record in the KT boundary, etc. We have the extinction events which were the demise of the Reptile age, the Dinosaurs Age, and the Mega Mammal age . . . seen any giant ground sloths lately. It seems to be our preoccupation . . . wondering when the next awful event will befall us . . .

I think it's them simply gravitating towards what people like to watch. Evolving into a niche. Like MTV used to show music videos, and now it's all reality TV.

I imagine there is still some good stuff there. You can't go wrong with Extreme Engineering :)

Do you conspiracy theorists think it's a plot by the PTB to condition the masses for the coming apocalypse?

(And I don't think it's going to change after 2012)

I think it's them simply gravitating towards what people like to watch. Evolving into a niche. Like MTV used to show music videos, and now it's all reality TV.

I imagine there is still some good stuff there. You can't go wrong with Extreme Engineering :)

Do you conspiracy theorists think it's a plot by the PTB to condition the masses for the coming apocalypse?

(And I don't think it's going to change after 2012)

I don't think this generation is much different than previous generations . . . we just have easier access to information about doom and destruction . . . the obsession has always existed . . . the people who produce this stuff do have options . . . they don't have to inflame the population . . . why do they choose to do so . . . money . . . viewership . . .I have not tried to research the numbers but that may be the motivation. . .

I don't think it will go away after 2012 . . . it will evolve and morph into a different vector possibly . . .

By-the-way, I do believe the authorities or segments of the authorities believe there is a high likelihood of a near extinction event in the foreseeable future. . . don't know if they even know what it is . . . but they fear it . . .

I don't really think there are many reasons other than money. I'm sure there are people there who want to do shows that are educational - the Mythbusters spring to mind, but they also have to please the audience with big explosions. The History channel really just does not do very much history any more. It's just evolved into a show about antiques, challenging outdoor jobs, and ancient aliens.

One of the Producers of the History or Discovery Channel was a neighbor of mine for several years . . . I wish he were still around . .. would like to talk to him now about who made the decisions about what subject matter would be produced . . . he specialized in the Mayan Calendar episodes and the Paleontology reconstruction using forensic techniques . . . when he was talking about the stuff I had not seen it and so I had no idea what it finally looked like until months and years after the fact . . .

The one thing I remember is how enthusiastic he was about the projects and how difficult it was for him to get permission from the Mexican Antiquities people to release footage of the Mayan sites, etc. . . .

POLL: How would you want the world to end?
1) Earth struck by large Astroid &/or comet . . .
20.5% (15)
8) Invasion of hostile & exterminating Extraterrestrial Civilization
19.2% (14)
7) Our Sun dies or Super nova of nearby star
15.1% (11)
5) Overwhelming economic collapse causing failure of food production, etc.
12.3% (9)
3) Enormous Solar Maximum with Solar Flairs, CMEs and EMP . . .
8.2% (6)
10) Overwhelming naturally caused lethal epidemic
8.2% (6)
6) Overwhelming nuclear, chemical or biological war
6.8% (5)
11) Extreme tectonic activity with tsunami and mega earthquakes
4.1% (3)
2) Pole shift . . . both crust shift and magnetic shift
2.7% (2)
9) Sudden climate change of extreme temperatures, either high or extremely low. . .
2.7% (2)
4) Extreme volcanism i.e. super volcano . . . causing nuclear winter conditions
0% (0)
12) Ecosystem collapse caused by toxic pollution and overpopulation
0% (0)
Blank (View Results)
(27)
Non-Blank Votes: 73

Last edited by a moderator:
This is looking like David Ickes site now...

Does anyone here believe the Queen is a 7ft tall shape shifting reptile?

I have wondered since seeing this video over two years ago . . . if there are elite that exist who think they can run the world . . .

Alex Jones I understand his agenda . . . Aaron Russo . . . why would he lie . . . he was terminal with bladder cancer I understand when he made this video . . .about Nick Rockefeller . . . http://www.nicholasrockefeller.org/wikipedia/
Nick Rockefeller

It's not a lie if you believe it.

But it's not necessarily true either.

Who is the Nick Rockefella chap anyway? Seems just to be some conspiracy minded lawyer. (And perhaps best suited for another thread).

It's not a lie if you believe it.

But it's not necessarily true either.

Who is the Nick Rockefella chap anyway? Seems just to be some conspiracy minded lawyer. (And perhaps best suited for another thread).

Spongebob brought the subject up and I was trying to answer his questions . . .

And I was trying to answer your "why lie" question. Rockefella seems like a highly dubious source.

Does anyone here believe the Queen is a 7ft tall shape shifting reptile?

This was the - "you don`t do you" question.

I suspect a 'yes' (eventually
;))

And I was trying to answer your "why lie" question. Rockefella seems like a highly dubious source.

Nick seems pretty solid. . . .

His securities practice includes litigation before the United States Supreme Court and a number of his transactions have been featured in leading periodicals. He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, the International Insitutute of Strategic Studies, the Advisory Board of RAND, the Pacific Council on International Policy, the Committee on Foreign Relations in Los Angeles, the Western Justice Center, and has served as a participant in the World Economic Forum and the Aspen Institute. He is a member of the Board of Visitors of the Law Schools of the University of Oregon and Pepperdine University and is active in the affairs of his alma mater, Yale University. He recently chaired a panel at the United Nations on E-Commerce and is a co-author of "Economic Strategy and National Security".
http://www.nicholasrockefeller.org/wikipedia/

Except that's from a Wikipedia page that has been deleted for having no sources. For someone with such impressive looking credentials, he seems to have made no mark on the world.

His web page seems basically unchanged since 2007:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070810031422/http://www.nicholasrockefeller.org/

You are correct. . . There is no mention of a Nick or Nicholas in the family tree. . . .I didn't find him anywhere. . . . seems Aaron Russo was dupped and he duped a lot of other people. . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockefeller_family

[edit]Descendants of John Davison Rockefeller
To the sixth-generation, with 21 still living in the fourth (the Cousins). The total number of blood relative descendants as of 2006 is about 150.
Elizabeth "Bessie" Rockefeller Strong (1866–1906) (m.1889) Charles Augustus Strong (1862–1940)
Margaret Strong (1897–1985) (m.1st.1927) George de Cuevas (1885–1961); (m.2nd.1977) Raimundo de Larrain
Alice Rockefeller (1869–1870)
Alta Rockefeller Prentice (1871–1962) (m.1901) Ezra Parmelee Prentice (1863–1955)
John Rockefeller Prentice (1902–1972) (m.1941) Abra Cantrill (1912–1972)
Abra Prentice Wilkin (born 1942)
Mary Adeline Prentice Gilbert (1907–1981) (m.1937) Benjamin Davis Gilbert (1907–1992)
Spelman Prentice (1911–2000) (m.3rd.1972) Mimi Walters
Pamela Prentice (born 1938)(m.1st. 1960) Frans H. ten Bos
Helena ten Bos (born 1962)(m. 1987) Count Frederic de Belloy de Saint-Lienard
Joanna ten Bos (born 1964)(m. 1989) Christopher Booth
Peter Spelman Prentice (born 1940)
Alexandra Sartell Prentice (born 1962)
Peter Parmalee Bens (born 1987)
Erik Carl Bens (born 1996)
Sarah Prentice Bens (born 1997)
Michael Andrew Prentice (born 1964)
Alta Rockefeller Prentice (born 1942)
Michael Sartell Prentice (born 1944)
Edith Rockefeller McCormick (1872–1932) (m.1895) Harold Fowler McCormick
John Rockefeller McCormick (1897–1901)
Editha McCormick (1903–1904)
Harold Fowler McCormick, Jr. (1898–1973) (m.1931) Anne "Fifi" Potter Stillman (1879–1969)
Muriel McCormick (1902–1959) (m.1931) Elisha Dyer Hubbard (1906–)
Mathilde McCormick (1905–1947) (m.1923) Max Oser (1877–1942)
Anita Oser Pauling (d. 2009 in Paris, France) Peter Max Oser (d. 1970 in Geneva, Switzerland)
John Davison Rockefeller, Jr. (1874–1960) (m.1901) Abigail "Abby" Greene Aldrich
Abby Rockefeller Mauzé (1903–1976)
Abby Rockefeller Milton O'Neill (born 1928)
Marilyn Ellen Milton Simpson (1931–1980)
Laura Knickerbacker Simpson (born 1954)
Abby Rockefeller Simpson (born 1958)
John D. Rockefeller III (1906–1978) (m.1932) Blanchette Ferry Hooker
John Davison ("Jay") Rockefeller IV (born 1937)
Sandra Rockefeller Ferry (born 1943)
Hope Aldrich Rockefeller (born 1946)
Alida Rockefeller Messinger (born 1949)
Nelson Aldrich Rockefeller (1908–1979) (m.1st.1930) Mary Todhunter Clark (m.2nd.1963) Margaretta Fitler Murphy
Rodman Rockefeller (1932–2000)
Ann Clark Rockefeller Roberts (born 1934)
Steven Clark Rockefeller (born 1936)
Michael Rockefeller (1938–1961)
Mary Clark Rockefeller (born 1938)
Nelson Rockefeller, Jr. (born 1964)
Mark Rockefeller (born 1967)
Laurance Spelman Rockefeller (1910–2004) (m.1934) Mary French
Laura Spelman Rockefeller Chasin (born 1936)
Marion French Rockefeller (born 1938)
Dr. Lucy Rockefeller Waletzky (born 1941)
Laurance Rockefeller, Jr. (born 1944) (m. 1982) Wendy Gordon
Winthrop Rockefeller (1912–1973) (m.1st.1948) Barbara "Bobo" Sears (m.2nd.1956) Jeannette Edris
Winthrop Paul Rockefeller (1948–2006)
James E. Rockefeller Noronha (born 1989)(m. 2011) Ashley Gibbs
David Rockefeller (born 1915) (m.1940) Margaret McGrath
David Rockefeller, Jr. (born 1941)
Abby Aldrich Rockefeller (born 1943)
Neva Rockefeller Goodwin (born 1944)
Peggy Dulany (born 1947)
Richard Gilder Rockefeller (born 1949)
Eileen Rockefeller Growald (born 1952)

[edit]Descendants of William Rockefeller
An article in the New York Times in 1937 stated that William Rockefeller had, at that time, exactly 28 great-grandchildren.
Lewis Edward Rockefeller (1865–1866)
Emma Rockefeller McAlpin (1868–1934)
William Goodsell Rockefeller (1870–1922)
William Avery Rockefeller (1896–1973)
William Rockefeller
Frederick Lincoln Rockefeller
Elsie Rockefeller
Godfrey Stillman Rockefeller (1899–1983)
Godfrey A. Rockefeller (1924–2010)
Marion Rockefeller
Audrey Rockefeller
Lucy Ann Rockefeller
Anderson Rockefeller
Peter Rockefeller
Benjamin Rockefeller
James Stillman Rockefeller (1902–2004)
James Stillman Rockefeller, Jr. (born 1926)
Liv Merlin Rockefeller Hessler (born 1957)
Ola Stillman Rockefeller (born 1959)
Nancy Sherlock Carnegie Rockefeller (born 1927)
Andrew Carnegie Rockefeller (born 1929)
Georgia Stillman Rockefeller (born 1933) (Married J Harden Rose)
James Stillman Rose (born 1958)
Andrew Carnegie Rose (born 1960)
Georgia Rockefeller Rose (born 1961)
John Sterling Rockefeller (1904–1988)
Christina Rockefeller
Almira Geraldine Rockefeller (1907–1997) (The wife of MacRoy Jackson, Samuel Weston Scott, and later Hardie Scott.)
Macroy Jackson
John Davison Rockefeller (1872–1877)
Percy Avery Rockefeller (1878–1934)
Isabel Rockefeller Lincoln (1902–1980) m. Frederic Walker Lincoln, Jr.
Avery Rockefeller (1903–1986)
Winifred Rockefeller Emeny (1904–1951)
Faith Rockefeller Model (1909–1960)
Robert Model (born 1942)
Gladys Rockefeller Underhill (born 1910)
Geraldine Rockefeller Dodge (1882–1973)
Marcellus Hartley Dodge, Jr. (1908–1930)
Monica Rockefeller (born 1993)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockefeller_family

There are about 1233 Rockefellers in the US:
http://names.mongabay.com/data/ri/ROCKEFELLER.html

He seems to be a real person. Some lawyer, odd chinese business connections, is a member of the CFR. Sued his employer, had a stroke. That's all I could find.

Possibly a very distant relative . . . I don't think he could fool the CFR into admitting a complete fraud. . . Doubt he is close enough to the family to be telling family secrets. . .

Hey Mick and everyone, I'm new to the forum. This video has had me intrigued for awhile, im glad to see someone posted it. Has anyone tested Aaron Russo's credibility? Businessman, film producer, and political activist. Could it be a business move to promote his films?(Mas As Hell, America: Freedom to Fascism) Plus he was dying of cancer. Medical bills, inheritance, etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Russo

Hey Mick and everyone, I'm new to the forum. This video has had me intrigued for awhile, im glad to see someone posted it. Has anyone tested Aaron Russo's credibility? Businessman, film producer, and political activist. Could it be a business move to promote his films?(Mas As Hell, America: Freedom to Fascism) Plus he was dying of cancer. Medical bills, inheritance, etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Russo
I think Aaron believed what he had to say . . . the question is did he get it straight or was he fooled by someone who wanted to pull his leg . . . it has happened to all of us . . .

There are about 1233 Rockefellers in the US:
http://names.mongabay.com/data/ri/ROCKEFELLER.html
He seems to be a real person. Some lawyer, odd chinese business connections, is a member of the CFR. Sued his employer, had a stroke. That's all I could find.

According to the Website of the Xiwai Foreign Language School in China, he is from the Rockefeller Foundation.
A number of the school's Advisory Board members hail from the private sector, and draw upon a wealth of knowledge and experience, including such eminent individuals as Mr John Thornton, ex- President of Goldman Sachs and Nicholas Rockefeller, from the Rockefeller Foundation.
http://www.xw.sjedu.cn/english/teach_staff.asp
Content from External Source

Advisory Board Members
Nicholas Rockefeller, Rockefeller Foundation
https://web.archive.org/web/2008100...jedu.cn/new/school_xw/view_notice.aspx?id=225
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
finance.sina.com.cn
这一点在尼古拉斯-洛克菲勒的身上也很明显,他既担任一个名为RockVest的风险投资基金的总裁,同时也是洛克菲勒国际基金会的主要负责人。
http://finance.sina.com.cn/roll/20090915/21466752015.shtml
Google Translate:

This is Nicholas - Rockefeller who is also very obvious that he not only served as president of a venture capital fund called RockVest, but also the main person in charge of the Rockefeller Foundation International.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And money.msn.com.cn wrote:
早在2003年9月,洛克菲勒家族第六代传人尼古拉斯 洛克菲勒第一次访问北京的时候,就表达了自己对中国市场浓厚的兴趣,他认为“中国是世界上最适合投资的国家”。洛克菲勒家族的第五代传人史蒂夫 克拉克 洛克菲勒二世表示,中国的投资环境很让他满意,会把北京作为其第二故乡。
http://money.msn.com.cn/rich/20130808/16411596774.shtml
Google Translate:
Back in September 2003, when the Rockefeller family, the sixth generation descendant of Nicholas Rockefeller's first visit to Beijing, it expressed his keen interest in the Chinese market, he believes that "China is the world's most suitable for investment." Rockefeller family's fifth generation descendant of Steve Clark Rockefeller II said, China's investment environment is to his satisfaction, will Beijing as its second home.
The Wall Street Journal
Nicholas Rockefeller declined to say where in the Rockefeller family he fits. But the family's patriarch, David Rockefeller, said through an associate that he doesn't recall ever meeting Nicholas. The relationship "is probably quite distant, seventh or eighth cousins," according to the associate, Peter Johnson.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB112787154805454164
I´m wondering...

-Did Aaron Russo lie?
-Did he had false memories?
-Did Nicholas Rockefeller lie?
-Is Nicholas Rockefeller a part of the famous Rockefeller family, but himselfe is just a believer in conspiracy theories, even though he has no evidence?
-Is Nicholas Rockefeller a part of the famous Rockefeller family, even though what he has said to Russo was a lie?
-If Nicholas Rockefeller lied or is himselfe just a "Conspiracy Theorist", than how did he know about the war?
-Or is Nicholas Rockefeller not even a part of the famous family? Is he an impostor with the name Rockefeller?
-But if he is an imposter, then how can he still be a part of the Rockefeller Foundation? Wouldn´t they kick him out if they knew he was abusing the name of the famous Rockefeller family?
-I mean working for the Rockefeller Foundation and RAND Cooperation etc., wouldn´t they be annoyed by him telling Aaron Russo their "secrets", or telling such dangerous lies or nonsense?
-Or do they think that only a fool or nut job would take Aaron Russo seriously? So it´s not a problem that Nicholas told him too much, or lied, or Russo talking nonsense?

All rather speculative questions I'm afraid. What's the actual claim of evidence here?
Oh, i don´t have any evidence.
I dont really believe in those conspiracy theories.
I just have a little anxiety problem when i read some conspiracy theories which i can not debunk.
Sometimes it is hard to controll my slightly paranoid nature.
That´s why i need some kind of arguments so my mind is not longer shackled by conspiracy-thoughts.
I wish i could simply say to myselfe: This stuff is nonsense.
But i can´t.
Well not always.

The easiest way to put your mind at ease Kev, is to use Occham's Razor. Look at things in the most simple terms. What is more feasible.. A, B, C, or None of the Above. The issue with most conspiracies is that they tend to be so convoluted and complicated that they're nearly impossible to actually pull off.. Take the discussion here for example... the most likely source for the decline in decent educational material is that there's no money in it. The closest you really come to a good spread is Mythbusters. They've got a really GOOD balance of entertainment AND education. okokok so they usually just blow shit up "in the name of science" but OTHER than that.. lol. Hope that helps ya some.

I´m wondering...

-Did Aaron Russo lie?
-Did he had false memories?
-Did Nicholas Rockefeller lie?
-Is Nicholas Rockefeller a part of the famous Rockefeller family, but himselfe is just a believer in conspiracy theories, even though he has no evidence?
-Is Nicholas Rockefeller a part of the famous Rockefeller family, even though what he has said to Russo was a lie?
-If Nicholas Rockefeller lied or is himselfe just a "Conspiracy Theorist", than how did he know about the war?
-Or is Nicholas Rockefeller not even a part of the famous family? Is he an impostor with the name Rockefeller?
-But if he is an imposter, then how can he still be a part of the Rockefeller Foundation? Wouldn´t they kick him out if they knew he was abusing the name of the famous Rockefeller family?
-I mean working for the Rockefeller Foundation and RAND Cooperation etc., wouldn´t they be annoyed by him telling Aaron Russo their "secrets", or telling such dangerous lies or nonsense?
-Or do they think that only a fool or nut job would take Aaron Russo seriously? So it´s not a problem that Nicholas told him too much, or lied, or Russo talking nonsense?

Couple points...

1) Russo's documentary falls into the "crazy libertarian teabagger" category. So right away his credibility should be questioned.
2) As for his conversation with Nick... what exactly would you have us do with that? Maybe its true, maybe its not. We have no way of knowing. Its not really something we can reallly discuss or act on.

Back