Plane with Yellow Tail over Redding, CA [Polar Air Cargo Flight]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And as I indicated yesterday, the ozone is in fact repairing itself, which someone dubbed as mainly due to CFC reduction. Well guess what, our technology suggests there are other possible alternatives. Sorry to disappoint. Seed a cloud, un seed a cloud. In chemistry and physics, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Yin yang :)

Int
this is irrelevant but found out why it's going to Cincinnati.
June 13, 2013 in Erlanger, Kentucky, USA – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear joined DHL and local officials to unveil the company’s newly expanded and upgraded global hub at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG). DHL Express, a division of leading global logistics company DHL, has invested $105 million over the past four years to enhance infrastructure and add state-of-the-art sorting capabilities to meet increasing demand. The expansion includes a new 180,000-square-foot sorting facility specifically designed to accommodate larger express shipments, an expanded south ramp for additional wide-body aircraft, an employee and pilot building, and a facility-wide information technology upgrade. The expanded global hub sits at the heart of the DHL U.S. network, with flights connecting customers from more than 220 countries and territories worldwide to every corner of the United States. In addition to global hubs in Hong Kong and Germany, the CVG hub completes the backbone of the DHL intercontinental network http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DHL_Express
Content from External Source
interesting.....

Not if you're attempting to help the ozone globally. See thread on stratospheric sulfur aerosols and dispersal. Think out of the box for once people.
i think the real question would be: why (well, HOW really) would they lug all that tonnage of chemical across the ocean from Japan? Even if it were possible for a plane to carry the amount of [alleged] chemicals in Igro's pic, (which it isn't), it makes no sense to burn that much MORE fuel to fly from Japan.

Really, that's way cool. I'm going to get that app ASAP!
With an iPhone, there's a few apps that you can use to point the phone at a plane, and see what it is, and how high it is. I just used this one:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plane-finder-ar/id390039844?mt=8

So that's what a 737-900 looks like on a regular un-zoomed iPhone photograph at 8,500 feet, 1 mile away. A 747 would look twice as big. Compare to your photo of the 747:

And it does not matter what angle a contrail looks like it's at. The vast majority (like this one) are in level flight, or at the most in a shallow 5% slope.

Here is a quick fit with KMZ file attached:
Redding Contrail.jpg

The magenta line represents the flight route at 35 000 ft. As Exif of the photo is lacking, the default value of FOV (horizontal 50°) has been used.
I don't think we know for sure exactly what it was carrying, unless someone contacts the company to ask, and why it was diverted.
I'm sincerely really, really glad I could provide all this amusing debunking study on a perfectly normal plane flying on a perfectly un normal flight path over my town, redding ca. Woo hoo, can I at least get one thumbs up for that?? (Crickets...)

stratospheric sulfur aerosols, en.m.wikipedia.org.
Creating stratospheric sulfur aerosols deliberately is a proposed geoengineering technique which offers a possible solution to some of the problems caused by global warming. However, this will not be without side effects and it has been suggested that the cure is worse than the disease
All I'm indicating sir, is that there are things out there that you with all your accolades, nor the general public such as myself are aware of and how they are actually implemented. And that may apply to that yellow tail diversion flight, or another. Argue with Wikipedia not I sir. I'm merely exploring ALL angles before I make my final decision, like a true scientist should!

Wikipedia doesn't say it is happen - it says it is a PROPOSED technique - which is well known.

And yes, ballast tanks - again you are making conclusions before you understand what you are talking about.

I'm sincerely really, really glad I could provide all this amusing debunking study on a perfectly normal plane flying on a perfectly un normal flight path over my town, redding ca. Woo hoo, can I at least get one thumbs up for that?? (Crickets...)

You didn't supply the debunking. Other people did. You get no thumbs up for their efforts.

No I supplied the topic mike. That's what I meant, the topic for all those hard working debunkers. And proposed means it could very well be used for all you know. Again think outside your debunking station for once. Nighty nite mike.
You didn't supply the debunking. Other people did. You get no thumbs up for their efforts.[/QUOTE/]

No I supplied the topic mike. That's what I meant, the topic for all those hard working debunkers. And proposed means it could very well be used for all you know. Again think outside your debunking station for once. Nighty nite mike.
It just seems like you got annoyed when there was natural explanations for the claims. Maybe you should think outside your box, mate. Good night.

Nice photo though. I gave you one for that. Don't make me take it back by making claims about what cannot be proven and you have no evidence for other than 'well gee you never know, open your mind man'.
That's not going to go down well here. Stick to what you can show to be the case, or what you would like to get confirmation on.

the topic is old hat here at Metabunk. if you had done some research and read a few other threads you would have seen that already.

Great collection! I've noted a moment at 1:13, when the US Mil Charter 767 flushes toilets or something, the "100% proof of spraying".:D
Screen shot 2014-10-24 at 07.39.33.png

:) I have seen a few videos like that where a small third trail that, at first, looks like it is coming from the APU exhaust, but upon further inspection appears to be coming from the exhaust air port of the air conditioning packs which are mounted to the underside of the center wing tank and then covered by the wing-to-body aerodynamic fairing.
Most airplanes have two PACs (Power Air Conditioning Units), but the 747 has 3.
The PAC takes hot engine bleed air from the compressor section of the engine (before the combustors) and then mixes it with the cold outside air which comes in the RAM air scoops in the w-t-b fairing just below the leading edge of the wing.
Of course the PACs have a little drain for excess moisture.

The same thing happens with this British Airways 777-300 at :45

Aerial delivery system
US 7413145 B2
ABSTRACT
A method and apparatus for aerial fire suppression utilizing a potable fire retardant chemical dispensing system, readily adaptable, without extensive aircraft modification, to various makes of aircraft, for dispensing current types of forest and range fire fighting chemicals. The aerial delivery system is self contained and reusable. It enables cargo/utility aircraft to carry and dump a load, under control. The aerial delivery system is capable of attachment at the wing box, pressurized delivery from the nozzles, and nozzles directed straight downward.
https://encrypted.google.com/patents/US7413145?hl=en&lr=all
Think, box, outside.

Well wiki says, man, I can't dispute that!
Nice photo though. I gave you one for that. Don't make me take it back by making claims about what cannot be proven and you have no evidence for other than 'well gee you never know, open your mind man'.
That's not going to go down well here. Stick to what you can show to be the case, or what you would like to get confirmation on.

You obviously haven't read these threads where these exact photos, and dozens like them, have been researched and identified. You are not presenting anything new.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunked-chemtrail-plane-interior-ballast-barrels.661/

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/de...ther-unlabeled-photos-from-facebook-etc.1318/

The latter is the very same thread which this one was split off from!

So, ballast barrels, "ya". That is exactly what they are and those threads will show you the original sources, plane registration numbers etc etc.

If you want to explain something "strange", then you do research to get to the bottom of it. What does the photo show, who took it, when and where? You don't just google "chemtrail tanks" and swallow what you see without checking it out.

But yes. It was a good pic and you were correct about the yellow tail and the fact it wasn't a passenger plane (could you make out the lack of windows?). So have a grudging thumbs up from me IF you download a phone app and use it to observe those perfectly normal planes. Deal? ;)

Yep, deal. I'll get the app ASAP!
You obviously haven't read these threads where these exact photos, and dozens like them, have been researched and identified. You are not presenting anything new.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunked-chemtrail-plane-interior-ballast-barrels.661/

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/de...ther-unlabeled-photos-from-facebook-etc.1318/

The latter is the very same thread which this one was split off from!

So, ballast barrels, "ya". That is exactly what they are and those threads will show you the original sources, plane registration numbers etc etc.

If you want to explain something "strange", then you do research to get to the bottom of it. What does the photo show, who took it, when and where? You don't just google "chemtrail tanks" and swallow what you see without checking it out.

But yes. It was a good pic and you were correct about the yellow tail and the fact it wasn't a passenger plane (could you make out the lack of windows?). So have a grudging thumbs up from me IF you download a phone app and use it to observe those perfectly normal planes. Deal? ;)

Although I cannot 'prove' wiki and a 'proposal' to be right, I can't prove it to be wrong either. Hence, box, outside, think, lol
Yes but for what purpose are you thinking outside that box of established facts? To come up with an interesting sci-fi or comic-book plot, then yes it's a good maxim.
But to investigate something that is actually happening and taking place in this physical universe? You need to have a through knowledge of the contents of the box first before you decide to go outside it.

stratospheric sulfur aerosols, en.m.wikipedia.org.
Creating stratospheric sulfur aerosols deliberately is a proposed geoengineering technique which offers a possible solution to some of the problems caused by global warming. However, this will not be without side effects and it has been suggested that the cure is worse than the disease
All I'm indicating sir, is that there are things out there that you with all your accolades, nor the general public such as myself are aware of and how they are actually implemented. And that may apply to that yellow tail diversion flight, or another.

Argue with Wikipedia not I sir...

I read the wiki article/entry.
The first issue is the word "proposed" in the text you pasted in above.
But the significant issue is the jump that is being made by suggesting that a government proposal/study means that the contrails coming from airliners are not contrails.

Why would an airline, which exists solely to make profit (and has great difficulty doing so due to fuel prices), spend one extra cent on something that doesn't add to their profit?
How does a recent proposal/study of geo-engineering suddenly turn the contrails that jets have been making since 1958 into "chemtrails"? Based on what evidence?
Are the airlines owned by the government that did the study?
No, they are privately owned- and have zero tolerance for reducing profit for any reason.

I apologize for my tone if you felt that I was talking down to you in any way...
I'm just saying that an unsubstantiated theory requires evidence- or else it is fantasy.
The burden of proof is on those putting forth the theory.
There is plenty of proof that contrails are contrails- so it wont be easy to disprove their existence and substitute something different.
I'm not arguing with you (or with Wikipedia). I do not disagree with Wikipedia.
I am aware that there are scientific studies for geo-engineering.
The study of geo-engineering proposals is a fact that has nothing to do with airliners.

Also, cloud seeding is something that exists (see www.weathermodification.com).
The U.S. military flooded the Ho Chi Min Trail during the Vietnam war by doing it.
Neither of these facts turns contrails into "chemtrails".
There is no connection.

I'm merely exploring ALL angles before I make my final decision, like a true scientist should!

That's fantastic! Don't ever stop until you find the truth! Don't give up early.
Try to disprove contrails and try to disprove "chemtrails".
Then you will know the truth!

B747-8F left trailing edge.jpg
Although I cannot 'prove' wiki and a 'proposal' to be right, I can't prove it to be wrong either. Hence, box, outside, think, lol

I don't even have a problem with assuming that the proposal is true. There are videos on youtube of scientists presenting proposals or talking about studies of geo-engineering.
Proposals are a fact. But they don't turn contrails into "chemtrails".
A proposal doesn't magically outfit passenger and cargo airliners with spray tanks, pumps, nozzles etc...

Here is the trailing edge of the left wing of an Air Bridge Cargo 747-8F (the same model of the DHL [operated by Atlas Air] 747-8F that flew over you on that weird diversion)! It must have been empty and there was not a load to take from LA, it's original destination, so it returned to its home base (probably where it was going after LA).
Do you see any spray nozzles on the trailing edge?

Here is a shot of an Air Bridge Cargo 747-8F making contrails: http://www.planespotters.net/Aviation_Photos/photo.show?id=250263

Last edited:
I've posted this before, but it is specific to the 747-8, which is the plane type being discussed (albeit not the freight/cargo variant, which was also present). It's a video of the plane's very first international appearance, at the 2011 Paris Air Show. Several photos taken on this aircraft are circulating online as "chemtrail tank" photos. You can see them in detail from 6:29 here:

This plane was on public display at an air show. And yet the conspiracy theorists claim they have got hold of "secret leaked photos". And the believers who follow them don't bother to do any research to prove them wrong. Which makes their claims to be "campaigners for truth" very baffling indeed.

Igrokush1 said:
...think outside your debunking station for once

By that do you mean "stop searching for the truth and take the lazy way out by spreading bunk without checking it"?

Short off-topic aside: my day job is as a copy-editor. That involves lots of fact-checking. It's a paradox of the internet age that fact-checking is much EASIER (because there is so much information available at your fingertips, which when I started out would have required endless library searches, if it was even available at all) but it also seems to be much LESS VALUED (because hey, who cares about facts - this is a fast-moving digital world and we have to be first and get the clicks with sensationalist headlines). So that is why I am interested in debunking. Truth is becoming a scarce commodity.

Last edited:
Nice. If it was an iPhone, as the screenshots suggest, then the FOV can be found here: http://www.caramba-apps.com/blog/files/field-of-view-angles-ipad-iphone.html

Assuming an iPhone 5 you want about 58.5°. Would that give a closer match?

I have refined the photo overlay on a bigger screen using near and far ground features and 3D vegetation. Also I have downloaded the KML file of the flight path directly from FlightAware, it produced a perfect match for the position of the plane:
Redding Contrail FlightAware.jpg

Note that the contrail does not have to coincide with the flight path; it deviates from it due to high altitude wind, like, for example, the smoke from a steam locomotive deviates from the rail track.

EDIT: According to the flight track log, the plane was at this position at about 18:13 PDT that, I believe, matches almost exactly the time of the photo.

Attachments

• Redding Contrail.kmz
    154.8 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:
Note that the contrail do not have to coincide with the flight path; it deviates from it due to high altitude wind, like, for example, the smoke from steam locomotive chimney deviates from the rail track.

Looking at the high-altitude winds for the time in question, the wind was blowing slightly from the north of west over northern California, and sure enough the trail is being blown slightly to the south of the flight track.

(That's the nearest chart I could get - it is about one hour before the photo was taken, and the winds shown are at the 200mb level, which in a standard atmosphere equates to 38,662ft, i.e. 3,662ft above the plane.)

It never ceases to amaze me just how much information is out there these days to explain and identify every aspect. And everything fits!

I think the original question has been answer well enough here. Please start new threads for new topics. Thank you.

ya, ballasts tanks, lol!

That is EXACTLY what they are. Simple. Do you understand their purpose??

They simulate the weight of passengers and cargo and baggage. Also, the added bonus is that water can be pumped around to alter the balance, saving time in the flight testing phase.

So, why did you "lol"?

All I'm indicating sir, is that there are things out there that you with all your accolades, nor the general public such as myself are aware of and how they are actually implemented. And that may apply to that yellow tail diversion flight, or another. Argue with Wikipedia not I sir. I'm merely exploring ALL angles before I make my final decision, like a true scientist should!

If you intend to play the "anything-is-possible" game you can avoid ever coming to any conclusion. You can point at any aircraft and say it "might be" doing something nefarious.

It says in 4th paragraph or so.."weather modification compound"

Sure...why not? "weather modification"....you might wish to Google the phrase, rather than simply read the words, and infer wrongly.

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_modification
Weather modification is the act of intentionally manipulating or altering the weather. The most common form of weather modification iscloud seeding to increase rain or snow, usually for the purpose of increasing the local water supply.[1] Weather modification can also have the goal of preventing damaging weather, such as hail or hurricanes, from occurring; or of provoking damaging weather against the enemy, as a tactic of military or economic warfare. Weather modification in warfare has been banned by the United Nations.
It is vitally critical to understand the different meanings of the words "weather" and "climate".

Weather is localized and regional. Climate is more far-reaching.

In ANY case, however, "cloud seeding" is always done at lower altitudes, generally below the freezing level (so, almost always below 10,000 feet).

It is pointless to attempt "cloud seeding" at 30,000 feet!!! Therefore, the (now identified) jet with the yellow tail certainly was NOT "spraying" anything for "weather modification" purposes. All that came out would be the normal result of burning jet fuel in the engines, in order to provide thrust for flight. The burning of fossils fuels DOES result also in the production of H2O (water), as one of the by-products.

Are you claiming Evergreen may be spraying chemtrails?

THAT would indeed be a feat....since they are no longer in business:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evergreen_International_Aviation

Demise:
On November 8, 2013 Evergreen International Airlines, a subsidiary of Evergreen International Aviation, announced via a voicemail to their employees that all operations would cease effective November 29, 2013.[8]

In 2014, Evergreen declared Chapter 7 bankruptcy[9] and began a liquidation of assets, including its headquarters campus in McMinnville.[10]
(BTW, off-topic, but McMinnville Oregon is a really beautiful, quaint little city. I've had some wonderful lay-overs, there....in the past).

THAT would indeed be a feat....since they are no longer in business:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evergreen_International_Aviation

Demise:
On November 8, 2013 Evergreen International Airlines, a subsidiary of Evergreen International Aviation, announced via a voicemail to their employees that all operations would cease effective November 29, 2013.[8]

In 2014, Evergreen declared Chapter 7 bankruptcy[9] and began a liquidation of assets, including its headquarters campus in McMinnville.[10]
(BTW, off-topic, but McMinnville Oregon is a really beautiful, quaint little city. I've had some wonderful lay-overs, there....in the past).
Yeah I know, and the fleet has been sold for spares to Jet Midwest (or at least they are buying it).

I was more interested to see if someone had done more research than reading GeoengineeringWatch.

Uh, again I don't recall inferring anything, I just simply stated what the article read the patent could be for. I never stated a thing about altitudes and/or spraying, especially about the yellow tail jet that Mick kindly asked you all to cease about, the jet I said we don't know what's on it, which we don't. I'm done on this topic, have a last stab at me if you choose.
Sure...why not? "weather modification"....you might wish to Google the phrase, rather than simply read the words, and infer wrongly.

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_modification
Weather modification is the act of intentionally manipulating or altering the weather. The most common form of weather modification iscloud seeding to increase rain or snow, usually for the purpose of increasing the local water supply.[1] Weather modification can also have the goal of preventing damaging weather, such as hail or hurricanes, from occurring; or of provoking damaging weather against the enemy, as a tactic of military or economic warfare. Weather modification in warfare has been banned by the United Nations.
It is vitally critical to understand the different meanings of the words "weather" and "climate".

Weather is localized and regional. Climate is more far-reaching.

In ANY case, however, "cloud seeding" is always done at lower altitudes, generally below the freezing level (so, almost always below 10,000 feet).

It is pointless to attempt "cloud seeding" at 30,000 feet!!! Therefore, the (now identified) jet with the yellow tail certainly was NOT "spraying" anything for "weather modification" purposes. All that came out would be the normal result of burning jet fuel in the engines, in order to provide thrust for flight. The burning of fossils fuels DOES result also in the production of H2O (water), as one of the by-products.

Uh, again I don't recall inferring anything, I just simply stated what the article read the patent could be for. I never stated a thing about altitudes and/or spraying, especially about the yellow tail jet that Mick kindly asked you all to cease about, the jet I said we don't know what's on it, which we don't. I'm done on this topic, have a last stab at me if you choose.

you did infer. just like you are now inferring that DHL is carrying evil toxic substances across the ocean to Cincinnati.

and, you can talk about the yellow tail plane all you want since that's the topic of the thread. but since you have already admitted it is a "normal plane" I don't see why you would bother.

I'm glad you're finally done with all your speculations about this topic. so I'm giving you a thumbs up for that.

the jet I said we don't know what's on it, which we don't.

AND....that is the point, here.

IN FACT, it could easily be researched, as to what that particular airplane was carrying, as cargo.

(Hint....NOT so-called "chem"-trails). Because, "chem"trails do not exist!

The airplane with the "yellow tail" has been sufficiently identified. It was NOT a "Chem"-plane. Just a normal, everyday CARGO jet....making contrails, from the four engines, as do ALL everyday jets are prone to do, when the conditions (aloft) are conducive to contrail formation.

It is science.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back