Needs Debunking - Recent New Case: "UFOs & Entities Attack Residents" Loreto, Peru

News coming from Peru about a tribe of villagers that are being attacked nocturnally by something.
They believe it is an alien.
Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 06.16.16.png

Rough Translation of news segment by captions:
This has caused a lot of concern as members from a tribe from the Upper Nanay (this is in Loreto) Because they claim to be terrified. They claim to be victims of mysterious attacks, especially at night. They add that it could be a case of unidentified flying objects. They are promptly asking the police and navy to help, we are going to listen to them.
Desperate, they protect themselves from an unknown attacker.
Content from External Source
A witness then says "nobody can sleep, the mothers stay awake, gentlemen it is aliens."

The whole news segment (Spanish)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBHIZ5MSyQ4

Additionally, a channel called NERD REPORT has found another video from the villagers. Purporting to show the being on a roof.
Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 06.03.52.png
(full vid)
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGZQ95ZLoIQ&t=111s

While the people do sound genuinely scared & the dogs barking continuously.
To me, I can't tell if its not just a tree, but surely all of these people are not so scared a local tree fools them?

Not sure if there's anymore out there about this, I have only just been told about it.

IMG_5157.png
My buddy sent me this earlier on IG. I can only guess this is the same story. I guess the movie Predator was a documentary?

The video with the woman screaming looks like a flash light shining at the trees in an erratic way. Nothing more.

Last edited:
The video with the woman screaming looks like a flash light shining at the trees in an erratic way. Nothing more.

I can't make anything out, the mutilated man he shows at 6.50 being recovered reminds me of a case in Brazil 1988.
The head was in a very similar condition. I won't post it but here is an animated sketch of the real thing.

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 07.15.15.png

So many questions here…did they mention where the body was recovered? The face seems extremely clean (lack of blood, ligaments, muscles) considering such an obvious savage attack. Is his eyes missing or is that shadow? There appears to be something just below the chin near the neck… Cant exactly make it out. The “face flap” doesn’t appear to have eye holes if that’s what I’m actually seeing…

So many questions here…did they mention where the body was recovered? The face seems extremely clean (lack of blood, ligaments, muscles) considering such an obvious savage attack. Is his eyes missing or is that shadow? There appears to be something just below the chin near the neck… Cant exactly make it out. The “face flap” doesn’t appear to have eye holes if that’s what I’m actually seeing…

For all we know that's from a film, so deleted it for now, i'll wait and see what comes out about it.
This story is actually mental.

For all we know that's from a film, so deleted it for now, i'll wait and see what comes out about it.
This story is actually mental.
IMG_5159.gif

Sorry I’m having too much fun with this story lol. If people are being attacked, that’s terrible. But I’m almost positive it’s not the predator.

We are witnessing a legendary UFO story unfold before our eyes. Not saying it’s at all aliens but this one is probably going to be Varginha part 2.

Last edited:
We are witnessing a legendary UFO story unfold before our eyes. Not saying it’s at all aliens but this one is probably going to be Varginha part 2.
If you compare this to Varginha, you're saying it's not aliens.
Article:
An official inquiry led by the Brazilian military concluded in 2010 that the young women had encountered a homeless, mentally unstable man nicknamed "Mudinho." The Commander of 24th Police Battalion Military "presented photographs (...) a citizen known as Mudinho, who probably has some mental disability and whose physical characteristics matched the description (...) make it likely that the hypothesis that this citizen, probably being dirty, due to the heavy rains and seen crouching by a wall, was mistaken by the three terrified girls as a space creature."

Skeptic Brian Dunning criticized sensational media accounts and ufologists' claims. According to Dunning, "It is the most compelling example of a case where literally nothing at all happened that was remotely unusual, and was magnified into a case considered unassailable proof of alien visitation by many. To those believers, I would suggest recalibrating where you set the bar for quality of evidence".

See also https://www.metabunk.org/threads/the-varginha-ufo.12725/

I don't have a clue. One would need to know more about the regional wildlife and what irregularities might exist there. The descrition posted by John_Sheldon could match with this penguin, yet I am not convinced that this approach will give us the solution.
apart from that I have to state once again that the aliens adapt amazingly well to the conditions of their respective place of action. At the Amazon/in South America they work quite differently than in Nevada ... or any cities.
i would say the only expert who can help clarify this is Erin Ryder with her night vision equipment and Josh Gates protecting her.
;)

A redditor who claimed to be from Peru says that local native communities are often harassed by people employed by logging/mining companies and that their normal reports tend to be ignored by the police/military/security forces etc. They posited that this kind of story (Aliens etc) is more likely to get media attention and thus someone doing something/investigating due to public awareness.

Unfortunately I cannot find the post from them.

I will say that these reports out of South America (Varginha/Mage etc) always seem to follow a similar path with confusing multiple statements and claims and a lot of low quality varied edited video (sometimes spiced up with older stuff) etc mixed in. It's often almost impossible to get a clear idea of what the root claims even are and even less so the sources of any evidence, which makes them very difficult to investigate.

Re: Video of "Being" on roof

Is this a flashlight shining on something... or is this a projected image? Maybe an advertising laser projector image on trees or some other uneven surface.

https://youtube.com/shorts/zQsALt38y4A?feature=share
Meh, just a small green laserpointer I would say. It is just conveniently small enough to not make out what it is illuminating. Why we do actually spend time on all these South American hoaxes is a mystery by itself.

I'm having trouble finding reliable sources to link the videos to the news reporting. I don't consider sources like Rony Vernet reliable (a recent example of why - "Update: all the tapes, military codes, video frames and additional information obtained from multiple individuals proved to be fake"). Without further information linking the videos to the villager reports, I am skeptical the villagers are claiming this has anything to do with ET or UFOs.

Researching a bit on Pelacara (or Pela Cara), it seems to be a mythical creature of the Peruvian Amazon.

Article:
The Peruvian Amazon region is the scenery where a terrifying figure, known as sacacara, pelacara or sacaojos, lives and acts. This "mythical" character, perceived by the inhabitants of the region as an alternative symbolic reality, exhibits certain characteristics that connect him to the “black tiger” or yanapuma, protagonist of other tales of oral tradition, which spread more prevalently after the so-called “rubber boom" (between the last decades of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th).

In An Amazonian myth and its history by Peter Gow (2001), he derives the pelacara/sacacara mythology from earlier mythology of the pistaco as applied to more recent contact with gringos (white people/foreigners).

Excerpts from pp. 257, 266-267:

1691497434487.png
1691497996235.png
1691498092862.png

There's more discussion about the evolution of the concept and how it relates to activities by gringos, it's very interesting. The book can be checked out for free from the Internet Archive here and the relevant section is pp. 256-272.

Some background on pishtaco from wikipedia:

Article:
A pishtaco is a mythological boogeyman figure in the Andes region of South America, particularly in Peru and Bolivia. Some parts of the Andes refer to the pishtaco as kharisiri, or ñakaq, or lik'ichiri in the Aymara language.[1]

According to folklore, a pishtaco is an evil monster-like creature—often a stranger and often a white man—who seeks out unsuspecting natives to kill them and abuse them in many ways. The legend dates back to the Spanish conquest of South America[citation needed]. Primarily, his method of killing is stealing his victims' body fat for various cannibalistic purposes, or cutting them up and selling their flesh as fried chicharrones. Pishtaco derives from the local Quechua-language word "pishtay" which means to "behead, cut the throat, or cut into slices".[2]

[...]

Andean Aboriginals feared Spanish missionaries as pishtacos, believing the missionaries were killing people for fat, thereafter oiling church bells to make them especially sonorous.[7] In modern times, similar beliefs held that sugar mill machinery needed human fat as grease,[8][9] or that jet aircraft engines could not start without a bit of human fat.[10]

Even more recently, the pelacara seems to be related to gringo organ traffickers. In a blog from 2008 a person who was traveling through the Peruvian Amazon near Bolognesi relates how he was mistaken for a pelacara.

Article:
I was buying farine (fried jungle carbs made from yucca) and sugar in the community shop and, because I had relaxed, I mentioned how nice it was to enter such a friendly community. The lady had, like many Shipebo women, a harsh fringe with jet black long hair and a short, shapeless, traditional blouse. She replied that the people’s reaction when they had heard the message had been “Kill the Pela Cara!” but that they had later agreed to let me pass when they found out my purpose and that I had permits.

I asked the woman to explain “Pela Cara” for me and she explained how there has been human organ trafficking in the area and bodies found without organs.

“The culprits are Americans – Gringos like you. The people were scared to hear of your arrival.”

I didn’t really know what to make of this – there are many people here that want to tell me long stories. What happened next made things very clear.

As we left the linear village the path linked a row of more separated houses – all occupied by Shipebo families. As we entered the patch of one such family I did my usual broad smile and waving (to show I’m a non-threatening nice chap) but the owner of the house did not respond – he looked transfixed.

The man then asked Alfonso, my guide who was walking in front of me, “Does he steal this?” As he said the word “this” he circled his face with his index finger. He was still looking at me and he looked very nervous.

And a video from 2009 shows an interview with a local talking to a British man and warning him not to travel to a area because one of his relatives was killed and had their organs removed by a pelacara/sacacara.

Interview in Spanish starts around 1:25
Translation/paraphrase in English around 1:50

Source: https://vimeo.com/3174006

Discussion of "Pelacara" from 2018 describes them as foreigners in hoods. (Note this is a machine translation from auto-generated Spanish subtitles so not sure of the accuracy -- enable subtitles and pick the auto-generated Spanish then go back in and enable auto-translate to English).

1691499743936.png
1691499788095.png
1691499819914.png
1691499855327.png
1691499971997.png
1691499998964.png

She also talks about it being related to gringos and how everyone was scared and stayed in the village and protected the children.

Source video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0-sHevjsgQ

Based on this info I am inclined to agree with the reddit comment @jarlrmai referenced that the villagers are probably worried about foreign organ harvesting or some other conflict with foreigners like loggers.

Source: https://imgur.com/a/NvFXNJm

Screenshot 2023-08-08 093101.png

they messed up a bit as they left a full nose on the mask. but the neck area is well done.
Screenshot 2023-08-08 093135.png

I guess thats why they are [allegedly]calling the aliens "face peelers" Los Pelacaras

Google translation:
Article:
The complaint comes not only from the inhabitants of Ikitu, but also from the students of the University of the Amazon faculty in Zungarococha, who are in Puerto Almendra, very close to the area affected by the presence of these beings.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you compare this to Varginha, you're saying it's not aliens.
Article:
An official inquiry led by the Brazilian military concluded in 2010 that the young women had encountered a homeless, mentally unstable man nicknamed "Mudinho." The Commander of 24th Police Battalion Military "presented photographs (...) a citizen known as Mudinho, who probably has some mental disability and whose physical characteristics matched the description (...) make it likely that the hypothesis that this citizen, probably being dirty, due to the heavy rains and seen crouching by a wall, was mistaken by the three terrified girls as a space creature."

Skeptic Brian Dunning criticized sensational media accounts and ufologists' claims. According to Dunning, "It is the most compelling example of a case where literally nothing at all happened that was remotely unusual, and was magnified into a case considered unassailable proof of alien visitation by many. To those believers, I would suggest recalibrating where you set the bar for quality of evidence".

See also https://www.metabunk.org/threads/the-varginha-ufo.12725/
I don’t believe this case or the Varginha case was UFO’ or aliens. I only meant that the extraordinary claims from this new case might catapult it into UFO legend like the Varginha case. There already seems to be some parallel claims.

There's a fascinating series on Amazon called Expedition Mungo...where a professional camera-man tries to capture evidence of monsters, man eating snakes, etc, etc. First episode is the 'Yacumama' creature in Peru. What I love is how even the smallest amount of investigation soon unravels the stories and a prosaic explanation looks all the more likely. A series well worth a watch. It's a breath of fresh air to come across a properly skeptical 'monster' series.

Last edited:
Article:
There is a lot of illegal mining by the
1:32
Gold mining in the Nanay River and
1:34
They are surprised because objects
1:36
Like drones they are blowing up the air of the
1:40
Alto Nanay District is a very
1:44
confusing as other villagers indicate
1:46
that in the hours of the night

A witness then says "nobody can sleep, the mothers stay awake, gentlemen it is aliens."

From what I can interpret from the video, it is being claimed that the creatures are dressed in a silver outfit and they float in the air. Shots were fired at the creatures but to no effect. Of course, given that it is night it could be that it is people hiding in trees, and that the reason shots had no effect is that the shots missed.

According to the locals, these extraterrestrial beings have large heads and yellowish eyes, and they have been launching nightly attacks on the community since 11 July.
They claim that the aliens wear protective armour and have unique floating abilities, using round-shaped shoes with a red light on the heel.
source:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ling-green-goblin-from-spider-man/ar-AA1eUJfj
Maybe what they are seeing are military exercises with troops wearing helmets making their heads look larger and night vision goggles which can reflect in the dark as large eyes or which can illuminate using gen 3 tech. As for the floating, I'm at a loss.

Not sure how reliable this source is, but this theory seems credible to me:

https://larepublica.pe/sociedad/202...revela-investigacion-en-comunidad-lrsd-232928

TLDR, there have been conflicts involving mining concerns and indigenous Peruvians, including allegations of kidnapping and murder.
Apologies for the google-translated text:

The Public Ministry revealed the investigation it carried out in a Loreto community , in which citizens reported being attacked by "strange beings" at night.

According to information from the Prosecutor's Office, it would be illegal miners who intended to cause fear in the Ikitu indigenous people to commit their illegal activities without any impediment.

As recalled, after citizens denounced the appearance of aliens in the Amazon (very close to the Nanay River ), the authorities went to the area to verify the events described and recorded by members of the community.

In the videos, horrifying scenes were shown in which the population of the area (including children) had to defend themselves from the appearance of strange beings that rose or were masked. The episodes occurred at night and did not allow them to rest.

The prosecutor investigating the case, Carlos Castro Quintanilla , has indicated to RPP that those behind these events would be illegal miners from the countries of Brazil and Colombia.

He also stated that there are foreign mafias that are dedicated to the illegal extraction of gold and that operate in different towns in the Loreto area.

In addition, he narrated that the alleged subjects responsible for the attacks use high-tech equipment, such as jetpacks that allow them to rise and descend in the air. This verifies the version of a teacher who witnessed an attempted kidnapping of a minor and described what was mentioned above.

Illegal miners from Brazil and Colombia search for gold in the Peruvian jungle. Currently, they pollute rivers by using chemicals, which causes the death of many living beings.

A teacher in the area witnessed the attempted kidnapping of a minor on July 29. The teacher mentioned the use of propellers and high-tech equipment, which allows people to rise (fly) and descend easily.
Some further corroboration for the allegations of mining related murders: https://lab.org.uk/peru-enironmental-defenders-still-dying/

Just weeks before Ulises’ death, two Asháninka defenders from the Cleyton community and one Yanesha defender from the Santa Teresa community were assassinated in the province of Puerto Inca, located in Peru’s central Huánuco region. Those behind their murders are thought to be linked to mafia-style groups dedicated to drug trafficking and illegal mining active in the area. Illegal gold mining by prospectors linked to such groups has long been a problem for the hamlet.
US Forces were also in the country very recently to provide training. Possible that some equipment also changed hands?

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2023/05/29/nrkx-m29.html

The US Southern Command (SOUTHCOM), the Pentagon’s overseer for Latin America and the Caribbean, will be sending hundreds of Marines and special forces troops to Peru beginning as early as this week, to train military and Peruvian National Police special forces units. These same forces have carried out massacres and extra-judicial executions to suppress the mass protests against the coup regime of Dina Boluarte.
Apropo of nothing, here is the Zapata Flyboard:
Source: https://youtu.be/-kB-BGMXxZc?t=48

Miners in jet packs? Like a bunch of Green Goblins from Spiderman were flying around causing mischief? I would've been less shocked it was aliens at this point.

Miners in jet packs? Like a bunch of Green Goblins from Spiderman were flying around causing mischief? I would've been less shocked it was aliens at this point.
It doesn't strike me as a coincidence that the alien narrative was popping up in US media sources, but when you check local sources they were much more grounded.

Checking more recent reporting, it's finally starting to enter mainstream American press:

https://nypost.com/2023/08/12/peru-prosecutor-accuses-gangs-of-staging-alien-attacks/
Peru’s National Prosecutor’s Office is accusing gold mining gangs of staging flying “alien” attacks designed to terrorize local residents.

Locals in Alto Nanay, a hamlet of about 3,000 people in the northern Amazon Basin, reported seeing “armored” and “floating” 7-foot aliens wearing dark-colored hoods flying around since mid-July. Some claimed the creatures were impervious to bullets.

Many speculated it was the “Face Peelers,” a local superstition, or “green goblins,” but the prosecutor’s office suspects the “aliens” are members of local gold mining gangs, the Daily Mail reported.

Prosecutors believe the gangs are hoping to invoke fear in locals to keep them inside their homes and away from their illegal gold mines. They speculated that the gangs are using jetpacks to reach more unattainable spots in the dense jungles near the Nanay River to mine for more gold, the British outlet reported.

“They would be using state-of-the-art technology, such as thrusters that allow people to fly,” Carlos Castro Quintanilla, the Peruvian government’s prosecutor investigating the case, told Radio Programas del Perú.

There are a few threads circling around this now - but in this case, wiping the Alien stink on things like this tends to keep at least some journalists away.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/space/ufo/flying-aliens-peru-actually-miners/
The truth is out there, and it appears that the flying aliens reportedly attacking villagers in Peru are actually human miners with jetpacks.

The beings were reportedly attacking an isolated, indigenous village in Peru’s Maynas province, harassing the villagers and attempting to kidnap a 15-year-old girl.

Villagers described the creatures as silver-colored, with long heads and faces and yellow eyes that floated about a meter above the ground. Some accounts described them as seven feet tall, and one leader said they had protective armor.

Close encounters: America’s UFO fascination
Authorities, however, have a different explanation for the attacks. After traveling to the remote village, a 10-hour boat trip away from the province’s capital, officers with the Peruvian Navy and National Police had a much more Earth-bound theory.

They say the attacks are actually originating with illegal gold mining gangs from Brazil and Colombia. Investigators said the gangs were using state-of-the-art technology like jetpacks or thrusters that allowed them to fly.

Police said the gangs began using jetpacks to explore deeper into the forest and were targeting the villagers to keep them away from their mining pits.

Would love to see someone try to find a paper trail on those jetpacks!

Just for a sense of scale - I did some research on how much money is involved in illegal mining in Peru.

Some estimates are as high as 1.7 billion dollars coming from just illegal mining (28% of the total value of the industry.)
Source: https://insightcrime.org/investigations/a-toxic-trade-illegal-mining-in-peru-amazon/

This article is full of great context about this situation - most of which is in itself off topic. What I think is on topic is the lengths that the precious metals industry has gone to profit on it. (Someone is still buying the gold after all.) It may help explain how high tech gear could land in the hands of "miners" or "gangsters."

Some of these companies have been exposed in judicial cases. In 2019, for example, prosecutors in Peru accused Swiss refiner Metalor Technologies of being involved in an alleged money laundering and organized crime scheme. The refinery had been singled out for the alleged purchase of tons of gold of illegal origin in Peru and in other countries. However, the company denied the allegations, and there are currently no charges against it.

In 2017, the United States-based company Elemetal LLC pleaded guilty to charges of breaching anti-money laundering protocols to prevent illegal gold from being imported into the United States. The guilty plea by Elemetal came after Samer Barrage, Juan Granda and Renato Rodríguez – three employees of the company Northern Texas Refinery (NTR), a subsidiary of Elemetal – were convicted of running an international money laundering scheme in which they bought billions in illegally-mined gold in the Amazon.

According to US court documents, Elemental acquired $350 million in gold from four companies in Peru — which were front companies — that bought illegally mined gold and paid foreign bribes. To operate, these companies worked with a well-known money launderer linked to the drug trade, Pedro Pérez Miranda, aka “Peter Ferrari.” Pérez died of COVID-19 in September 2020.

Apropo of nothing, here is the Zapata Flyboard:
Source: https://youtu.be/-kB-BGMXxZc?t=48

Zapata Flyboard, or something that looks exactly like it shown in a probably extremely hard to verify photo:
Soure: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08...s-exposed-as-illegal-gold-miners-on-jetpacks/

Peru’s 7ft-tall  flying ‘alien’ attackers exposed as illegal gold miners on jetpacks
Peruvian government’s prosecutors investigating the case believe that criminal gold cartels began using jetpacks to prospect for gold deeper into the Alto Nanay jungle. Above a local teen shows an image of the jetpacks she and others witnessed during the flying ‘alien attacks’.
Unfortunately, have had no luck finding any corroboration for what's in the picture (i.e. they don't clarify if she took the photo, or they are using a publicly available image to say it look something like that.)

Attachments

• 1692566946086.png
    1692566946086.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 48
They did say 7-foot- aliens were attacking. I guess the size estimate of someone standing on that Zapata footwarmer is probably close to that.

This got me more interested in Zapata. The Flyboard did receive funding from and was tested by the US Military in 2018.
Source: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...ome-of-age-but-will-the-military-hop-on-board

For decades, in spite of their popularity in movies, television, and video games, jetpacks and individual flying platforms have continually proven to be too costly and otherwise ill-suited to military use. But the allure of finally finding a practical system persists and wi(thin a month, SOFWERX, a U.S. Special Operations Command-funded public-private partnership that seeks out novel technologies, will finish up testing of Zapata’s EZ-Fly jet-powered personal flying machine.
The tests were labeled as unsuccessful, though SOFWERX still lists it on their website.
Source: https://www.sofwerx.org/techtuesday/

1692568643526.png
Transformational innovation involves the creation of entirely new businesses to serve new markets and new customers. Considered the most high-risk style of innovation, transformational innovation often requires new capabilities, and yields totally new products and markets. Example: Individual Aerial Mobility System Board (IAMS)
French special forces also tested it in 2021, this time a hand-free model.
Source: https://www.thedefensepost.com/2021/12/01/france-zapata-flying-platform/

French special forces will begin testing an individual air-mobility platform developed by former world jet ski champion Franky Zapata’s company, minister of the armed forces Florence Parly revealed at the 2021 Defense Innovation Forum.

Parly explained that the decision was made after Zapata Industries made structural changes in Flyboard Air’s design to “improve the acoustic discretion, the autonomy of the Flyboard and to optimize the mass of its engine.”
If I were a journalist, I would be asking Zapata if they are willing to share any manufacturing numbers, where units were distributed etc.

Naive UFO debunkers tend to go for the most elaborate explanation rather than the simplest, because they don't have any idea how easy it is to misperceive mundane things or the capacity of people to go into a tizzy over essentially nothing. So they go straight to secret experimental military aircraft over Venus or bugs flying by, for example.

Tentative explanations in descending order of plausibility:

-A flap involving rumors, poor quality media stories, folk beliefs, mass delusion and misperceptions of mundane things.
-False media reports based on very little or nothing. Just some rumors and sloppy reporting and/or tabloid style lying.
-Illegal miners using laser pointers and projectors to play tricks.

Way, way down are miners with jet packs. It's not necessary to get that elaborate.

People might be seeing ordinary animals, especially at night.

Two nocturnal cases with spooked people:

Hopkinsville Goblins Case - Levitating Silver Aliens or Gremlins zipping around and besieging a house.
Solution:
Two owls

Flatwoods Monster case - Seven foot monster with glowing eyes rushed at a group of children and adults.
Solution: One owl in a tree that took off and flew past the group.

Last edited:
Back