Needs Debunking - Recent New Case: "UFOs & Entities Attack Residents" Loreto, Peru

I guess thats why they are [allegedly]calling the aliens "face peelers" Los Pelacaras

Google translation:
Article:
The complaint comes not only from the inhabitants of Ikitu, but also from the students of the University of the Amazon faculty in Zungarococha, who are in Puerto Almendra, very close to the area affected by the presence of these beings.
This looks like a body scavenged by piranha.

Some examples:

1111.png

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-17 at 9.28.jpg

ywgbjspzi7a71.png

I can't explain why they strip some parts to the bone and leave others. But it seems consistent that they leave parts of the scalp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Naive UFO debunkers tend to go for the most elaborate explanation rather than the simplest, because they don't have any idea how easy it is to misperceive mundane things or the capacity of people to go into a tizzy over essentially nothing. So they go straight to secret experimental military aircraft over Venus or bugs flying by, for example.

Tentative explanations in order of plausibility:

-A flap involving rumours, media stories and misperceptions of mundane things
-Media reports based on very little. Just some rumours and sloppy reporting and/or tabloid style lying.
-Illegal miners using laser pointers and projectors to play tricks.

Way, way down are miners with jet packs. It's not necessary to get that elaborate.

My highest ranked item in terms of plausibility:
A combination of all of the above, which by nature includes the mining gangs, but not necessarily the Jet Packs. It's a large number of incidents, many of them are; through lack of evidence, rumours.

(I've provided evidence for example, that the miners are responsible for terrorising the local population. Very plausible that normal non-jet pack terror was misreported etc.) So I both agree and disagree with your ranking, respectfully. It's not necessary to force a single explanation.

And to be clear, it's not me positing the Jet Pack theory - I'm gathering information that might support what Peruvian investigators are saying.

If the theory has been posited by the official body in charge of investigating it, seems like it's worth looking at.
https://nypost.com/2023/08/12/peru-prosecutor-accuses-gangs-of-staging-alien-attacks/
Peru’s National Prosecutor’s Office is accusing gold mining gangs of staging flying “alien” attacks designed to terrorize local residents.

The additional information I'm adding is intended to explore the plausibility of Jet Packs being involved, and how that could happen. None of it is direct evidence, just showing that the technology exists, and it's at least partially falsifiable as a theory.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/space/ufo/flying-aliens-peru-actually-miners/
Authorities, however, have a different explanation for the attacks. After traveling to the remote village, a 10-hour boat trip away from the province’s capital, officers with the Peruvian Navy and National Police had a much more Earth-bound theory.

They say the attacks are actually originating with illegal gold mining gangs from Brazil and Colombia. Investigators said the gangs were using state-of-the-art technology like jetpacks or thrusters that allowed them to fly.

The media is reporting quotes from a Radio interview with Prosecutor Carlos Castro Quintanilla. Unfortunately, the authorities haven't released their evidence. But we also do not yet have evidence that they are naive debunkers who jumped to conclusions based on rumours and tabloid reporting.

Definitely not convinced this is the winner in terms of debunking or explaining the situation, but these are the claims being made. There's a lot of daylight between "completely mundane" - and "prosaic, but extremely novel." Hopefully more evidence is made public related to their investigation - but it's absolutely possible this is just the authorities throwing up their hands and trying to explain the rumours they're hearing.

Ad hoc official bodies tasked to do UFO investigations are usually made up of people who have no experience in doing so. Bad track record.

It goes without saying that there may be a further admixture of my tentative explanations.

Ad hoc official bodies tasked to do UFO investigations are usually made up of people who have no experience in doing so. Bad track record.
I don't necessarily think this *was* a UFO investigation. Villagers claimed they were attacked and wounded. I would imagine finding a suspect for that crime was the main reason for the inquiry.

Unfortunately, there isn't much detail about what evidence was gathered when the Navy and other investigators visited the site. However, in the Peruvian media interview with the Prosecutor, they mention that the Peruvian Navy had clashed with illegal minors the weekend prior, and raided their operations: https://rpp.pe/peru/actualidad/lore...ion-de-seres-extranos-noticia-1499270?ref=rpp [translated quote below:]
Over the weekend, personnel from the Peruvian Navy faced fire with illegal miners in the communities of Pucaurco and Alvarenga, where they destroyed oil drums, a suction system, and various equipment and materials used in said illegal activity.

It's not clear if this was related to the recent attack or just a skirmish that led to raiding.

The Prosecutor, however, seems to imply he has *some* reason to make this claim, but it's still fuzzy as to what evidence he may or may not have.
Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...tually-illegal-gold-mining-gang-JETPACKS.html

As Loreto's environmental crime watchdog, Quintanilla told the outlet that he suspects these illegal gold miners may have first used the jetpacks to explore deeper into the dense Peruvian jungle for promising new riverbed gold deposits.

'We have investigated that these gentlemen would be using this suit to reach those places,' he said.
Content from External Source
I suppose if they just found the jet packs he could easily make this claim. If he's just extrapolating based on interviews then it's more or less dead as a verifiable theory.

From the same article, NASA image of gold pits from space:
1692579496167.png

Worth remembering that "illegal miners" in this case is shorthand for a triad of major cartels. It's not just some local criminals. I have no doubt this is plausible financially given the figures I posted earlier - but it still lacks accessible evidence to back it up.

They absolutely could afford it, but I have no idea whether this makes sense to anyone who knows the geography better.

Last edited:
Rony Vernet has posted this video, captioned: "I'm in contact with Ikitu people at San Antonio de Pintuyacu and they asked to share this video showing a protest against prosecutor Carlos Quintanilla who never went there, but said it was only 'illegal miners using jetpacks'."

Video shows people from the village (although I didn't find another source for this but I don't see a reason to dispute it) with signs, lined up for the camera. This is what the subtitles say is being said: "[...] Who arrived here was the police only to record testimonies about what happened at that event that afternoon which happened with the lady, but others, let's say the prosecutor, have not come here
no public prosecutor has come to the community. But we strongly ask authorities, to the prosecution to intervene in this situation that we are going through so can see themselves and verify what's happening with us here at the community. And also they can bring their implements to be able to fly over the community at night so that they themselves can verify. because some community members are asking for help from an NGO here but they can only support during the day, I don't know very well. The day no, there is no issues over the community, the problems happen at night. And for that I ask them to come visit our community, bring journalists so they can share better information. [...]"

So it sounds whatever was happening to them is still happening and they don't feel like they are getting help or that this is properly investigated. Unclear if that is what all the people there think though, there's 16 people in this video.

Then there's another new Tweet by Vernet with a video where two villagers talk about a sighting, where according to the subtitles they saw a light go past at about 300 to 600 ft, then something like the silhouette of a person flying at about 20 ft, all silently. The silhouette descended on the beach and the light went out. The two villagers followed and shot at it but it was too far away. In the video you see the sky light up while they are talking, looks like far away lightning to me. In the beginning of the video, the cameraman makes it clear this video is for national and international media.

Rony Vernet has posted this video, captioned: "I'm in contact with Ikitu people at San Antonio de Pintuyacu and they asked to share this video showing a protest against prosecutor Carlos Quintanilla who never went there, but said it was only 'illegal miners using jetpacks'."

Video shows people from the village (although I didn't find another source for this but I don't see a reason to dispute it) with signs, lined up for the camera. This is what the subtitles say is being said: "[...] Who arrived here was the police only to record testimonies about what happened at that event that afternoon which happened with the lady, but others, let's say the prosecutor, have not come here
no public prosecutor has come to the community. But we strongly ask authorities, to the prosecution to intervene in this situation that we are going through so can see themselves and verify what's happening with us here at the community. And also they can bring their implements to be able to fly over the community at night so that they themselves can verify. because some community members are asking for help from an NGO here but they can only support during the day, I don't know very well. The day no, there is no issues over the community, the problems happen at night. And for that I ask them to come visit our community, bring journalists so they can share better information. [...]"

So it sounds whatever was happening to them is still happening and they don't feel like they are getting help or that this is properly investigated. Unclear if that is what all the people there think though, there's 16 people in this video.

Then there's another new Tweet by Vernet with a video where two villagers talk about a sighting, where according to the subtitles they saw a light go past at about 300 to 600 ft, then something like the silhouette of a person flying at about 20 ft, all silently. The silhouette descended on the beach and the light went out. The two villagers followed and shot at it but it was too far away. In the video you see the sky light up while they are talking, looks like far away lightning to me. In the beginning of the video, the cameraman makes it clear this video is for national and international media.

IMG_5188.jpeg
Case closed.

Must we quote the entire body of that long post to repeat the Predator joke @Cogg84?
Rony Vernet has posted this video, captioned: "I'm in contact with Ikitu people at San Antonio de Pintuyacu and they asked to share this video showing a protest against prosecutor Carlos Quintanilla who never went there, but said it was only 'illegal miners using jetpacks'."The one quoted villager says whatever they saw was completely silent - which tends to support @Z.W. Wolf 's perspectives.
Interesting updates!
However, reviewing this person's profile and posts:

1. He is a UFO advocate
2. He was planning to visit, but "couldn't raise" the funds for the trip

Source: https://twitter.com/RonyVernet/status/1695903185355907353

Not saying he's lying, but I would love to have this corroborated/contextualized by literally anyone else.
Someone in the comments asked why there's no video or picture, and this response seems odd considering that there were videos for the first round of this incident:

Source: https://twitter.com/RonyVernet/status/1695876150021455873

I also don't know why these villagers would contact this guy specifically.

He also links to this article from Southcom - which I *did not* find when I was looking at the USSOCOM training visit:

Peru Bolsters International Space Collaboration with Key U.S. Partners During Exercise
12th Air Force (Air Forces Southern)
OPERATION HARPY SUR, a space exercise nested under Exercise RESOLUTE SENTINEL 2023, has opened a new chapter in international space collaboration at the Centro Nacional de Operaciones de Imágenes Satelitales, or CNOIS, in southern Peru. The space exercise aims to bolster the region's emerging space programs.

The U. S. Southern Command-led exercise partnered up with U. S. Space Command’s Joint Task Force-Space Defense Commercial Operations Cell or JCO, the Peruvian Aerospace Research and Development Center, or CONIDA, and the Peruvian Air Force, making significant strides in multinational space operations through training on real-world space domain awareness capabilities and JCO mission system familiarization.

HARPY SUR’s Theater Space Operations Center commander, Peruvian Air Force Lt. Col. Javier Ildefonso, highlighted the need for collaborative efforts with partner nations and interests in space domain awareness.
Source: https://www.southcom.mil/MEDIA/NEWS...ollaboration-with-key-us-partners-during-exe/

Must admit that reality is really teasing the paranoid among us with this one.

Must we quote the entire body of that long post to repeat the Predator joke @Cogg84?

Interesting updates!
However, reviewing this person's profile and posts:

1. He is a UFO advocate
2. He was planning to visit, but "couldn't raise" the funds for the trip

Source: https://twitter.com/RonyVernet/status/1695903185355907353

Not saying he's lying, but I would love to have this corroborated/contextualized by literally anyone else.
Someone in the comments asked why there's no video or picture, and this response seems odd considering that there were videos for the first round of this incident:

Source: https://twitter.com/RonyVernet/status/1695876150021455873

I also don't know why these villagers would contact this guy specifically.

He also links to this article from Southcom - which I *did not* find when I was looking at the USSOCOM training visit:

Peru Bolsters International Space Collaboration with Key U.S. Partners During Exercise
12th Air Force (Air Forces Southern)
OPERATION HARPY SUR, a space exercise nested under Exercise RESOLUTE SENTINEL 2023, has opened a new chapter in international space collaboration at the Centro Nacional de Operaciones de Imágenes Satelitales, or CNOIS, in southern Peru. The space exercise aims to bolster the region's emerging space programs.

The U. S. Southern Command-led exercise partnered up with U. S. Space Command’s Joint Task Force-Space Defense Commercial Operations Cell or JCO, the Peruvian Aerospace Research and Development Center, or CONIDA, and the Peruvian Air Force, making significant strides in multinational space operations through training on real-world space domain awareness capabilities and JCO mission system familiarization.

HARPY SUR’s Theater Space Operations Center commander, Peruvian Air Force Lt. Col. Javier Ildefonso, highlighted the need for collaborative efforts with partner nations and interests in space domain awareness.
Source: https://www.southcom.mil/MEDIA/NEWS...ollaboration-with-key-us-partners-during-exe/

Must admit that reality is really teasing the paranoid among us with this one.

Im sorry. Im just gonna watch for the sidelines from now on on this one. Im too tempted to do predator jokes lol

I feel the same. He promotes/reports lots of questionable stuff with hardly any critical analysis, and has fallen for (imo obvious) hoaxes because of it. Recent example:
Article:
Update: all the tapes, military codes, video frames and additional information obtained from multiple individuals proved to be fake. Some of these criminals have sold these fake materials for thousand dollars and are under private and military investigation.

Im sorry. Im just gonna watch for the sidelines from now on on this one. Im too tempted to do predator jokes lol
I don't care I'm not a mod, just delete the extra stuff in the quote so we don't have to scroll past a post you're not actually responding to!

Back