'Mr Peanut' balloon UFO in Canada

DavidB66

Senior Member.
There may be a relevant thread for this already, but on a quick search for keywords I couldn't find one, and the story has some amusement value.

While searching the online news for something completely different, I came across this news report about a UFO sighting in Mississauga, Canada:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/tec...an-inflatable-peanut/ar-AAOoCpr?ocid=msedgntp

The 'sighting' got widespread exposure on YouTube and social media, but according to local residents who got a better look at the 'UFO', it was in fact a balloon mascot for a brand called Mr Peanut.

“He’s got his top hat, his monocle, his cane, so stand down. No aliens in Mississauga.”

Not to be confused with the US Navy's 'Acorn'.

This is allegedly a photo of the Mr. Peanut hot air balloon from the same flight. I am not sure I can make out Mr. Peanut in the original UFO video, but if this was in fact flying around in the area at the time, I'm comfortable with saying "case closed."1631631490791.jpg

I will resist the temptation to make some joke about "UFO nuts," because I am a serious person.

Back