"Metapod" UFO. Top voted post of the month on r/UFOs, maybe top of all time

I'm going to say not a balloon . The way it spins then slows, then spins the other way, suggests to me it's something hanging on a string. Balloon would be hard to mimick that IMO.

Maybe it's a mobile decoration like a christmas tree decoration. But yeah, like with the balloon, hard to know what to search for, Alien Pod ? hard to peg the description.

Also, it could be hand made

Okay, I'm listening. So you're saying it's a hoax?

Hanging by a string from what? How big is it? How far away is it?

Okay, I'm listening. So you're saying it's a hoax?

Hanging by a string from what? How big is it? How far away is it?

Difficult to say, the zoom part of the video makes it seem its far away, but the the zoom part also seems janky. Like it seems to dissappear in a frame near the end of the zoom out.

My guess is that it was something hangging at the end of a string thats tiny. I'm not sure if its hanging off a tree branch and they filmed from a far, or if this is a compostie, ie a video of the object hanging off something that the super imposed on a scenery shot.

Last edited:
Saw this on the reddit sub UFOs today.
It's the top voted UFO video of the month already after just 21 hours, and it is on its way to be the top voted post of all time there.

The comments show it has appeared before , once claiming it occured in Denver USA and one prior (original ?) claiming it occurred in Spain

Here is the reddit post and pertinent comment, also the oldest vid of it claiming it was in spain:

What do people think it is Balloon, CGI, something dangling on a string ?

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/u0hm98/stabilised_footage_of_ufo/

1649674074780.png

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz0k04LDUVY

There seems to be a motion downwards between 0:15 and 0:22 and rightwards between 1.20 and 1.31…

There seems to be a motion downwards between 0:15 and 0:22 and rightwards between 1.20 and 1.31…
Yup I noticed this, it seems odd, the camera follows the objects descent as it goes past the clouds downwards, then it seems to go right.

I wonder if it is at all possible to stabilise track it across the full frame.

I'm going to say not a balloon . The way it spins then slows, then spins the other way, suggests to me it's something hanging on a string.
Balloons are often tethered to strings.
With an irregular shape like this, it's easily spun by the wind, and if its center of gravity is low with respect to the center of its volume (which is why the narrowest part is at the bottom), it's vertically stable even if it is not tethered.

Ok guys, how sure are we this is not an elaborate hoax using cgi? The zooming into it looks a bit od to me.

Perhaps it is just me, distrusting anything related to ufos.

Ok guys, how sure are we this is not an elaborate hoax using cgi? The zooming into it looks a bit od to me.

Perhaps it is just me, distrusting anything related to ufos.

Not just you, I also mentioned the zoom looks janky

Also interesting that the guy who seemingly posted the video first sayin it occured in Spain, He also has the video below on his channel which he suspects is CGI. It also seems to depict pods, in some way reminds me of the video we are discussing

BTW, Ive left a comment on his spain alien pod video asking where he got it from

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgF7E7_CWWw

Last edited:
I wonder about something like this -- a foiled mylar balloon, maybe crescent-ish, inside a clear "bubble" balloon, then the clear one deflates. If the "bubble" is like a latex balloon, it would pull tight to the foiled balloon inside, leaving some clear material stretched over the concave bit.
1a07904e0cfac67ff76bdbb618adab74.jpg
Once the Party Store opens I'll pop in and see how those bubbles would shrink when deflated.

Not only, but also.... butterfly & moth cocoons can include a transparent film....
whirley birds can be any shape (when broken or two stuck together) but i'm not sure they can change direction.
1649774259606.png
It also seems to depict pods,
ok. so it sounds he uploads hoaxy vids. that shape would be super easy to make from clay. it also resembles a nut sleigh i have .. a nut sleigh is a reindeer and sleigh decoration that you fill the sleigh with nuts for your guests.
125.jpg

Don't you think though, that the shell of the object seems to be too uniform to be a chrysalis shell(for use of a better word) ?
It does appear that way, although to be honest I havent looked at many chrysalises in close detail (before today ;) ).

To my eyes it looks like the transparent part doesn't reach all the way to the green part at the top. Rather, it seems like a balloon-like transparent section is embedded within a rigid outer shell of some kind. There's a notch where the sky is apparently not obstructed.

1649777422647.png

I've attached a copy of the video originally from a defunct YouTube channel called "Classified Channel", which seems to be where first mentions of this sighting pointed to, in September 2015. This version was reuploaded to YouTube earlier this year, by a user called Christiano Dias:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsXi37M_HPo

This version is about 30 seconds longer than the other versions doing the rounds, although most of that time is just the cameraperson trying to find the object in the sky.

Attachments

• escolarial.mp4
    2.9 MB
makes sense. a transparent balloon enclosed inside an opaque plastic shell, to make it look like a pod. and the breeze hits the shallow gap of the shell, and makes the entire object spin.

I don't trust the light reflections on the object. If there is overcast, why the strong reflection? I could be wrong totally here, but my gut feeling says it is not a real object, but cgi added.

I don't trust the light reflections on the object. If there is overcast, why the strong reflection? I could be wrong totally here, but my gut feeling says it is not a real object, but cgi added.
Possibly, but if so we're getting to a weird place, where UFO hoaxers make their flying objects look as much as possible like mylar balloons. Like there are so many balloon UFO vids out there now that THAT is what folks expect a UFO to look like, so...

Edited to add: I am seeing individual clouds lit from a direction possibly consistent with the reflections. Though a CGI artist could well take local lighting direction into account.

Possibly, but if so we're getting to a weird place, where UFO hoaxers make their flying objects look as much as possible like mylar balloons. Like there are so many balloon UFO vids out there now that THAT is what folks expect a UFO to look like, so...

Edited to add: I am seeing individual clouds lit from a direction possibly consistent with the reflections. Though a CGI artist could well take local lighting direction into account.
Yup, the balloon resemblance is striking, and I am also betting on that.. Cgi is few steps further in the list of logical options.

This version was reuploaded to YouTube earlier this year, by a user called Christiano Dias:
weird. that vid looks completely different to me. i guess full screen matters. i now think its a toy model on a fishing string. the clouds are too out of focus for the object. although i guess cgi is still a possibility.

Don't you think though, that the shell of the object seems to be too uniform to be a chrysalis shell(for use of a better word) ?
I thought it looked as if it were semi-wrapped in a dried leaf (which some insects use, pulling it into a curve with strands of its own silk), perhaps dangling from a strand of cobweb. Suspended that way it would jerk and spin in even a very light breeze.

Attachments

• 8863958D-52BC-4023-ACE0-7045A8078BB2.jpeg
    8863958D-52BC-4023-ACE0-7045A8078BB2.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 106
what about a two-part friendship heart. you know how girls will have necklaces that each are one half of a heart? i wonder if there are balloons like that, and one half of the balloon popped?

something like: 1649798017531.png 1649798146517.png

Re my post #56 above,results of visit to Party Store were not as helpful as I would have liked. According to the person in charge of balloons there, a mylar-metalic balloon inside a "bubble" balloon is done with a "latex" clear balloon, which would indeed potentially "shrink wrap" another balloon tucked inside it as it lost pressure. But due to supply chain issues, they were out of helium to inflate things, and then were also out of bubble balloons for me to buy and inflate myself. I found myself not completely confident that the information I received was accurate, and cut the interview short. So, file that idea under "maybe, pending better information."

Sigh.

Stills arranged in order to show it turning, with a few thoughts:
  • The transparent bubble inserts under what I'm calling the lips at the top (6). The lips seem to be made of a different material - almost looks stretched across the bubble in (6).
  • If the yellow part used to cover the entire thing and has been peeled off, it's been done symmetrically.
  • It looks like there's something inside in (1) and (2) but I think that's just a trick of the light and it's empty (7), (8).
  • (5) gives a new impression of the top part going over the "lips" - see the gap. The other images make it look like there's no gap.
  • The transparent bubble is distorted in a couple of places.

baloon turning.jpg

It's asymmetrical rather than distorted. It's mostly gold colored, but the dark areas on top are not shadows... they are just a black or brown patches of color on the surface. And it seems to have a copper or dark red spot lower down.

This is the closest of gotten so far. It even has chocolate on the top.

51xcnYhHy5L._SS400_.jpg

Last edited:
This is the part I can't figure out. It's like a hood and it's only apparent from this side.
balloon.jpg

Maybe all the other stuff is just part of the internal structure, in which case it looks chicken-drumstick-shaped (but not like the drumstick balloons available for sale that I've found).

Or the transparent part and darker part might have everted as I think has been mentioned. Or the whole thing is inside out if that's even possible.

I can't see the "inlet valve" dangling anywhere or other attachment parts. Given the lack of detail on the yellow shell, I tend to think it's not a novelty balloon but something else entirely - like the inside of a plastic doll or some other hidden toy part. Or part of a medical model.

Googling "inflatable medical models" brings up a lot of weirdness... mostly giant bouncy castles though.

It does remind me of an educational model with a "cutout" panel showing the insides of the stomach or lung or something. I wish there was a way to estimate its size.

This is the part I can't figure out. It's like a hood and it's only apparent from this side.
balloon.jpg
Your red arrow is pointing to a bit of clear area. Between the gold above it and the dark blob below it.

The real world thing it most resembles to me... is a pork chop.

Jamon leg, Captain?

Accessing...

Ah. Jamon leg: a traditional pork product of Spain. The cured ham of the black Iberian pig. The hams from the slaughtered pigs are salted and left to begin drying for two weeks, after which they are rinsed and left to dry for another four to six weeks. The curing process then takes at least twelve months, although some producers cure their jamones ibéricos for up to 48 months.

And this was videoed in Spain. Wow

jamon F.png1649703562778.png

A custom Mylar balloon that is meant to represent a jamon leg? Mostly golden but mottled with black and red splotches? And the clear area is meant to represent the shrink wrap?

Last edited:
Jamon leg, Captain?

Accessing...

Ah. jamon leg. A traditional pork product of Spain. The cured ham of the black Iberian pig. The hams from the slaughtered pigs are salted and left to begin drying for two weeks, after which they are rinsed and left to dry for another four to six weeks. The curing process then takes at least twelve months, although some producers cure their jamones ibéricos for up to 48 months.

And this was videoed in Spain. Wow

jamon F.png1649703562778.png
Yeah I was thinking it might be a food think based on the steak discussion, then I remembered the jamon legs from Spain. Which is where the video is allegedly filmed, and the cut outs sort of matched a bit...

Back