Isis/Osiris consipracy, sexual and occult symbology in art, crucifixion scenes

Why on earth would CNN report that? The two headed eagle is just a symbol from heraldry derived from ancient mythology, like a dragon, a unicorn, a griffin.

The use of symbols seems to me more to be a reference to the current state of things, and the aspirations of an organization, rather than some obscure occult reference. They use traditional imagery because it's a language to describe what they mean, not because they are repeating something from ages past. Or they do it basically because it's "cool", not because they believe in ancient gods.

But if you start out convinced such a connection exists, then obviously you will start seeing it everywhere.

I'm sorry but I don't think you read the link....

http://www.elijahproject.net/abiff.html

For clarity I include the relevant part below: Please note... It is not what I believe that counts.... It is what they believe

It has been overwhelmingly by Masonic leaders and writers of doctrine that the legend of Hiram Abiff is the Masonic version of the Egyptian story of the pagan gods of Isis and Osiris.
Allow me to present that story and to compare it with the story of Hiram Abiff.

Isis and Osiris: Pagan gods of Egypt
Osiris, both King of the Egyptians and their god, went on a long journey (this is a common theme in pagan cultures) to bless neighboring nations with his knowledge of arts and sciences. His jealous brother, Typhon (god of Winter) conspired to murder him and steal his kingdom.
Isis was not only the sister but the wife of Osiris. This of course, made her his queen. What this also did, since Osiris was know as the "Sun God" of Egypt: was to make Isis the "Moon-goddess" of Egypt. The story states that she went to search for the body of Osiris in all directions, asking everyone she met.
She finally found the body with an Acacia tree at the head of the coffin. When she returned home with the body, she secretly buried the body, intending to give it proper burial as soon as arrangements were made.
Typhon, by treachery, stole the body, cut it up into 14 pieces and hid them in as many different places. Isis then made a second search and located all the pieces but one; the one missing and lost part was the phallus (if you know Egyptian culture, you understand this).
She made a substitute phallus, consecrated it, and it became a sacred substitute, and object of worship.
There is much more to the story, but these are the basics.
Allow me now to compare both stories. Masonic leaders also acknowledge that this comparison is true and accurate.

Hiram Abiff compared to Osiris
The story is easily seen and recognizable. The basics of the stories are as follows:
(1) Both men went to foreign lands to share their knowledge of arts and sciences.
(2) In both legends there is a precious thing possessed: Hiram has the secret word; Osiris has the kingdom.
(3) In both legends there is a wicked conspiracy by evil men to seize the precious thing.
(4) In both legends there is a struggle and a murder of the leader. the one who holds the precious treasure.
(5) Both are murdered by their brothers (Osiris by Typhon; Hiram by Jubelum, his brother Mason).
(6) Both bodies are buried hastily, with the intention of a later, proper burial, hence the reason for the marker as outlined below:
(7) The graves containing the bodies were both marked by Acacia at the head.
(8) In both legends, there are two separate searches for the bodies.
(9) In both legends there is a loss of something precious: in Hiram's death, the secret word is lost; in Osiris' death, the phallus is lost.
(10) In both there is a substitution for the precious thing that has been lost; concerning Hiram it is the substitute for the secret word; concerning Osiris it is the substitute phallus.

CONCLUSION
It is clear that the Hiram Abiff of Freemasonry is not an historical character and certainly not a biblical one. Hiram Abiff of Freemasonry actually represents Osiris, the Egyptian Sun-god!
When the Mason's in their initiation rites reenact the Legend of Hiram Abiff, it is actually the reenactment of the legend of Isis and Osiris.

Each man who is initiated into the Third (Master Mason) Degree of Masonry impersonates Osiris, the Sun-god of Egypt, and enters into his life of good deeds, his death, his burial and is "raised" in his resurrection from the dead. It is NOT the reenactment of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ to which Masons give honor or receive.
With this understood, it is then easy to understand the statement in the Kentucky Monitor that, while the Christian's Messiah is called Jesus, the Mason's Messiah is called Hiram (Kentucky Monitor, "the Spirit of Masonry," xv).
Even Most Masons don't quite realize that in the "Kentucky Monitor" (handbook for all Blue Lodge Masonry in the Grand Lodge of Kentucky), and other publications of the Masons, there is a statement that should be shocking to anyone who professes true Christianity:
"while the Christian's Messiah is called Jesus, the Mason's Messiah is called Hiram" (Kentucky Monitor, "the Spirit of Masonry," xv).

"For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."
2 Corinthians 11:3-4
"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ."
Galatians 1:6-7
Content from External Source

And again, why would CNN "report" this? It's procrustean at best.

I was returning the joke with CNN... there was a smiley.

But lets be clear, I mentioned Osiris/Isis in regard to Freemasonry and the elite and the NWO and you expressed an interest. I have provided you with clear connection throughout the ages, going back to Solomon... through Christianity... even into Buddhism and we are speaking of esoteric things here... this is not CNN for the masses, this is conspiracy theory and cover up, symbolism as used by the elite but not for the understanding of the uninitiated it is occult.

http://www.spiritual-minds.com/religion/freemassons/Kentucky Monitor.pdf

Masons from time immemorial
have been called “Sons of Light.” It is a peculiar
co-incidence that the Egyptian words “Phre-Massen”
mean “Children (especially Sons) of the Sun,” that is
“Sons of Light,” a term applied to those who had been
received into the Ancient Egyptian Mysteries. The
word “Phre” meant the Sun, and Mas was a child.
Masons, as Sons of Light, to this day write all
Masonic dates by adding 4,000 years to the year of the
common era. The present year Anno Domini 1941 is
expressed in Masonic circles as “Anno Lucis 5941,” that
is, “In the year of Light 5941.”
All antiquity solved the enigma of the existence of
evil by supposing the existence of a Principle of
Evil, of demons, fallen angels, an Ahriman, a Typhon,
a Siva, a Loki, or a Satan, that, first falling themselves,
and plunged into misery and darkness, tempted
man to his fall and brought sin into the world.
These are Masonic teachings as observed in ritual and practice by the elite, who swear allegiance at every level to put the craft and brothers before all else under pain of horrific death.

They have been whisle blown.

I do not like it any more than you do... I wish it was not so but it is... it is out there for those who seek.

This is the tip of the iceberg and no it will not be on cnn

Here is some more and let me be clear they are worshiping lucifer here... the light bringer... ferrier of light

Supreme Deity reconciled to His creatures. The
belief was general that He was to be born of a virgin
and suffer a painful death. The Hindus called him
Krishna; the Chinese, Kioun-tse; the Persians,
Sosiosch: the Chaldeans, Dhouvanai; the Egyptians,
Horus: Plato, Love; the Scandinavians, Balder; the
Christians, Jesus; Masons, Hiram. It is interesting
that the “small hill west of Mount Moriah” has been
identified as Golgotha, or Mount Calvary. Krishna,
the Hindoo Redeemer, was cradled and educated
among shepherds. A tyrant, at the time of his birth,
ordered all the male children to be slain. He performed
miracles, say his legends, even raising the
dead. He washed the feet of the Brahmins. It was
on a cruciform tree that Krishna was said to have expired,
pierced with arrows. He descended into Hell,
rose again, ascended to Heaven, charged his disciples
to teach his doctrines, and gave them the gift of
miracles.8
Thi s belief of primitive man in the fall of mankind
from the Kingdom of Light and restoration to bliss
through a Redeemer is also inseparably connected
with the belief in original creation through the
spoken Word of the Supreme Deity.

A very interesting link. Is this a Mason who is searching for the truth? Trying to make sense of conflicting dogma?

He appears to complain, understandably IMO, that

The information in this site is not taught in any lodge and lodge members are not allowed to discuss their views on religion or politics in lodge. The research provided here is strictly for your information and it is advised that you do your own research if you disagree with what we found.
http://mastermason.com/hiramdiscovered/

The first thing of note to me is the assertion "Hiram Abiff, the True King of Egypt, 1554BC" which appears to downgrade all the other kings of the time including Solomon

The next thing is: The Inverted Masonic Pentagram

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram

Pentagrams were used as an important religious symbol by the Babylonians and by the Pythagoreans in ancient Greece. Pentagrams are used today as a symbol of faith by many Neopagans, akin to the use of the cross by Christians and the Star of David by Jews. The pentagram has magical associations, and many people who practice Neopagan faiths wear jewelry incorporating the symbol. Christians once more commonly used the pentagram to represent the five wounds of Jesus.[4][5] and is also utilized by other belief systems. The pentagram has associations with Freemasonry.
The thing with the inverted pentagram is.... it is satanic... luciferian. Viz

Satanists use a pentagram with two points up, often inscribed in a double circle, with the head of a goat inside the pentagram. This is referred to as the Sigil of Baphomet. They use it much the same way as the Pythagoreans, as Tartaros literally translates from Greek as a "Pit" or "Void" in Christian terminology (the word is used as such in the Bible, referring to the place where the fallen angels are fettered). The Pythagorean Greek letters are most often replaced by the Hebrew letters לויתן forming the name Leviathan. Less esoteric LaVeyan Satanists use it as a sign of rebellion or religious identification, the three downward points symbolising rejection of Trinity.
The next thing is the "Eye of Providence"... as on top of the pyramid on the U.S Seal and on the $...

Next comes Links:
"LINKS: PLEASE Only Masonic Lodge home pages, Grand Lodge Home pages, or those sites that are strictly or directly Masonic in nature, may link without permission to this site. No personal page links or forum comments with links are welcome unless they are directly related to a Masonic Lodge information or affiliate Masonic body home page."
Secret Words
Be advised that you will not find any rituals, passwords or secret words here, except those quoted from the sources we use, which may or may not be the correct word or words.
IN KEEPING THE TRUTH FROM US, The Romans deemed any and all literature of any significance that related the story of the once widely worshipped 'Gods' (plural) and goddesses, heretical, myth and it was discarded. Gathered from all points of the globe, the literature that contained these stories was once kept in the massive Library at Alexandria, Egypt.

Is this the type of library in which Moses studied before writing the Pentateuch's?

We learn later that by the time period of what's contained in the New Testament, the Jews were corrupt, the Temple priesthood was corrupt and there was much argument among the sects. Christianity at the time was an extension of Judaism combined with Egyptian beliefs, which included goddesses or a Holy Mother figure and the belief in life after death in a spiritual sense. But there was much, much more to this that Jesus actually taught and until now we have been kept from the truth. No one except the disciples of Jesus could except or understand this because they were the only ones that were taught the 'secret doctrine'.

Pagan beliefs were introduced into scripture after Jesus' resurrection and applied to him, as we now know that the Egyptian Horus was the main and only Son of the God Osiris and Son of a woman who knew no man.

So where does all this take us?

Are we to believe that all symbols mean nothing... or they mean whatever you want them to mean?... or they have 'just been appropriated because they look good'?

Does the U.S Flag have any meaning/symbolism? If it had a huge phallus imbedded in it's fabric that showed in certain lights would we dismiss it as ... an accident? a trick of the light? imagination?... no?
And what if it was defended by TPTB and everyone was told... "Do not be unpatriotic... to say there is a penis in the flag is heresy punishable by death"?

I have no problem with Satanists. If they obey the laws and conduct themselves properly let them believe what they will. But if they have a secret society pledging oaths to each other above the laws of the land and if they insinuate themselves by lies about their beliefs into high office, should that deceit not be exposed?

It is not illegal to be a satanist so there is no need to hide it, let alone misrepresent it by an outright lie.

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/index.html

we are the first above-ground organization in history openly dedicated to the acceptance of Man’s true nature—that of a carnal beast, living in a cosmos that is indifferent to our existence. To us, Satan is the symbol that best suits the nature of we who are carnal by birth—people who feel no battles raging between our thoughts and feelings, we who do not embrace the concept of a soul imprisoned in a body. He represents pride, liberty, and individualismqualities often defined as Evil by those who worship external deities

http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=6463445

Before each ritual a few pages summarise what the ritual means and details its origin. This, in my opinion, is the most interesting part of the book as it gives you more information about past Satanic culture such as the Yzeidis and the Knight Templars satanic rites.

I contend that many of the elite are usurping power of government, directly and indirectly on a platform of Christianity which is patently at odds with their alternate belief system and practises which they use within the Freemason Society.

They cannot be Athiests or Humanists as athiests are not allowed entry into freemasonry.
They cannot be Christians because, (at the very least), they reject the main tenet of Christianity, which is the belief that Jesus was the Saviour.

They believe Hiram Abiff is their saviour. They have their own rites, rituals and belief systems.

Let them reject Christianity publicly if that is their belief and seek office accordingly.

This is important... These people affect my life... your life, our descendents lives and everyone on the planets life!

Last edited by a moderator:
A
They cannot be Christians because, (at the very least), they reject the main tenet of Christianity, which is the belief that Jesus was the Saviour.

and yet they accept JC as the Messiah -

When Jesus was being baptized in Jordan, the Christ Consciousness and his Sister, Wisdom, descended from heaven to earth, to overpower the man, Jesus, making him Messiah.
Who are you to state these as infallible truths - the Pope??

Why don't you find some actual regular masons and ask them if they think being a mason is incompatible with Christianity?

What if it is, and they just have not realized? Something of a philosophical question :)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1074/1074_01.asp

That would be nice but as they are a 'secret' society, sworn by oath of blood, I suggest the chances that I may get a definitive 'official' quote on the subject as in the realms of extremely unlikely.

As to any published works that may contradict the already published works previously cited, I shall not hold my breath.

I see Mike C, whilst questioning my inalienable right to think for myself and draw reasoned conclusions from available evidence, contributes a source which does nothing to contradict the compelling evidence that freemasonry is Luciferian and is thus entirely incompatible with Christianity.

It is difficult to list all the ways this Pagan teaching does damage to the Biblical account. During the above recounting of this teaching, I included some facts in parenthesis. But, I did not cover all the ground that needs to be covered concerning the blasphemy that this Masonic teaching does to Jesus Christ.

• Whereas the Bible teaches that Jesus Christ is equal to the Father and has coexisted with Him from Eternity Past, this Masonic teaching states that God created the Universe and then created other beings, culminating with Ialdabaoth. This Ialdaboath then created other beings, including Eve. Eve was created before Jesus, according to this spurious Masonic teaching! This teaching further denies that Jesus was the Creator of all things as John 1:3 states.
  • In this world, called Earth, conflict erupted between Ialdabaoth and his Mother, starting the conflict between "Good" and "Evil". The Bible states that the conflict between good and evil began when Satan, speaking through the serpent, deceived Eve, who then convinced Adam to sin against God.
But lets be fair here... I am not against them for what they believe, but against them for duplicity.
I am equally against the Evangelists when they promote murder and mayhem as they appear so to be doing, (if I am allowed to draw that conclusion).

http://www.optuszoo.com.au/news/bre...ngelists-in-ugandas-kill-the-gays-bill/839060

A law proposing execution for homosexuals exposes a murderous fantasy.

Arecent proposal in Uganda to legislate the execution of homosexuals has sparked international outrage. Although the Government has since revised its prescribed sentence from death to life imprisonment, the bill remains striking for its overt hostility towards gays.
The move is more than just a Ugandan oddity - it is the embodiment of a murderous fantasy, cherished by fanatics in the West, to extinguish homosexual life altogether.
It is easy for the West to dismiss the bill as a local phenomenon, emblematic of African opposition to ''civilised progress''. Deeply religious and protective of traditional family structures, Uganda has long been hostile to homosexuality.
But a disturbing link has been revealed between Uganda's Anti-Homosexuality Bill and US evangelism. According to The New York Times, three US evangelists travelled to Uganda last March and spoke at a conference that conference organiser Stephen Langa said was about ''the gay agenda - that whole hidden and dark agenda''.
The Americans were invited to speak about ways of ''curing'' gay people. It appears that their denunciations of homosexuality as a threat to family values added fuel to the fire. They were heard by thousands, including the future architects of the kill-the-gays bill.

Or

http://www.paulbogdanor.com/left/soviet/atheism1.html

A Russian presidential commission confirmed yesterday that 200,000 clergy were systematically murdered under Soviet rule in a horrific cycle of crucifixions, scalpings and other “bestial tortures.” Commission chairman Alexander Yakovlev, presenting the report at a news conference, seemed unconcerned the disclosure might deter electors from voting communist or nationalist in parliamentary elections on December 17, and he added: “If it has an influence, I will be very satisfied.” The report by the Commission for the Rehabilitation of the Victims of Political Repression also found another 500,000 religious figures had suffered persecution in the decades after Lenin’s Bolsheviks seized power.
So, I am against those who would harm humanity, whether it be elitist warmongering, religious inspired, politically inspired or plain old fashioned greedy fat cat corporations stealing from the people and using the police to quell any dissent.

How would they help with debunking?? :)

As for eth site I linked to - yes, it was a x-ian site devoted to showing how evil masonry is - and yet even within that was teh little gem that Masonry sees JC as "the Messiah" - and the site specifically noted that it took that quote directly from the works of masons - not from disaffected former mason xians - they were very specific that it come right from the horse's mouth, as it were.

How would they help with debunking?? :)

As for eth site I linked to - yes, it was a x-ian site devoted to showing how evil masonry is - and yet even within that was teh little gem that Masonry sees JC as "the Messiah" - and the site specifically noted that it took that quote directly from the works of masons - not from disaffected former mason xians - they were very specific that it come right from the horse's mouth, as it were.

Freemasonry teaches that Jesus was a human being only; at the time of the baptism in the River Jordan, the Christ Consciousness descended upon Jesus, making Him the Messiah, and then left Him at the cross
Masonic teaching separates the physical, bodily Jesus from His Office of Messiah -- which they call Christ Consciousness -- making Jesus less than God. Where does it say that people will come who will try to separate Jesus' fleshly body from His God Nature? 1 John 4:3, states that those who try to deny that Jesus, the Messiah God, has come in the flesh is of the Antichrist
I honestly don't think many people will hold these views as being in line with Christian Bible teachings... which to a Christian may well be what they call blasphemy.

O.k. they can call me blasphemous as well but I am not pretending to be a Christian.

But I must admit, I am interested to know why people on this site seem to be so defensive of Freemasonry?

Freemasonry teaches that Jesus was a human being only; at the time of the baptism in the River Jordan, the Christ Consciousness descended upon Jesus, making Him the Messiah, and then left Him at the cross
Masonic teaching separates the physical, bodily Jesus from His Office of Messiah -- which they call Christ Consciousness -- making Jesus less than God. Where does it say that people will come who will try to separate Jesus' fleshly body from His God Nature? 1 John 4:3, states that those who try to deny that Jesus, the Messiah God, has come in the flesh is of the Antichrist
I honestly don't think many people will hold these views as being in line with Christian Bible teachings... which to a Christian may well be what they call blasphemy.

O.k. they can call me blasphemous as well but I am not pretending to be a Christian.

But I must admit, I am interested to know why people on this site seem to be so defensive of Freemasonry?
Interesting question . . . I think I sense similar sympathies . . .

I don't feel like I'm defensive of Freemasonry. I just feel like: why is this such a big deal? So some Christians are also Freemasons. So what? Joe Biden is a catholic, yet believes abortion should be legal. So what?

It's all just personal philosophy, personal religion. Christianity + Freemasonry = just another blend of religion. So what? I'm sure you could find plenty of things within JUST christianity that are contradictory if you looked - like the Bible being fine with owning slaves.

And there are loads of different flavors of christianity, which are not compatible with each other. That's no less significant than people being freemasons. I mean people barely cared that Romney was a Mormon.

Indeed they might.

But the discussion as to teh nature of JC - man, diivine, both, and in what mix, is one that x-ianity has been having within itself for almost 2000 years.

Arianism and Nestorian Christians had ideas about the nature of JC that resulted in some serious persecution.

does holding a belief condemned as blasphemous by 1 church mean you are not actually a x-ian??

I dont' see myself as defensive of freemasonry - rather I dislike people telling me "what is" when their argument is not actually supported.

It could be that Freemasons are not christians, it could be that chemtrails exist, it could be that Kate (Mountbatten-Windsor, nee Middleton) is about to lay reptilian eggs.

If YOU want to beleive such things that's fine - but if you tell me that they are facts and I have to believe them then I'm always going to ask for hte evidence, and say what I think of that evidence when I see it.

Project Monarch: Nazi Mind Control. by Ron Patton. A Brief History of Control The Anglo Alliance The Evolution of Project MKULTRA Definition and Description

The Mystery Religions of ancient Egypt, Greece, India and Babylon helped lay the foundation for occultism, meaning “hidden knowledge.” One of the earliest writings giving reference to occultism is the Egyptian Book of the Dead, a compilation of rituals explicitly describing methods of torture and intimidation (to create trauma), the use of potions (drugs) and the casting of spells (hypnotism), ultimately resulting in the total enslavement of the initiate.[1] These have been the main ingredients for a part of occultism known as Satanism, throughout the ages. During the 13th Century, the Roman Catholic church increased and solidified its dominion throughout Europe with the infamous Inquisition. Satanism survived this period of persecution, deeply entrenching itself under the veil of various esoteric groups. In 1776, a Bavarian Jesuit by the name of Adam Weishaupt was commissioned by the House of Rothschild to centralize the power base of the Mystery Religions into what is commonly known as the Illuminati, meaning “Enlightened Ones.” This was an amalgamation of powerful occultic bloodlines, elite secret societies and influential Masonic fraternities, with the desire to construct the framework for a “New World Order.” The outward goal of this Utopia was to bring forth universal happiness to the human race. However, their underlying intention was to gradually increase control over the masses, thus becoming masters of the planet.

Certainly agrees with my research so far.

Read more at: http://www.whale.to/b/patton.html

"Further research showed that alters of approximately 90% of English churches built before 1348, had hidden stone phalli."

"You are talking about a time when 'witch trials' and the Inquisition were rampant. Who in their right mind was going to 'accidentally' or 'as a joke' put something in plain sight unless they were told to or had permission."

Which Inquisition? There were many: the Medieval Inquisition which began in 1184, the Papal Inquisition of the 1230s, the Spanish Inquisition of 1481, etc. They all have one thing in common, they never came to England. So priests in England were utterly unaffected by them, likewise in Scandinavia. As for the witch trials, the first recorded trial of a witch in England is 1499, Agnes Clerk of Suffolk. Not that the burning of women would have bothered priests of the time anyway.

The point being that neither witch trials nor Inquisitions were an issue for priests in Britain prior to 1348.

There are also numerous churches built with prominent Sheela-na-gigs very obviously displayed. Many of these fertility symbols were removed, but many remain. There are more of them in Ireland than in Britain.

"How do you explain the following:

1) Miracles
2) Religious visions
3) Spiritual possession
4) Exorcism "

1) Show me an amputee growing back a lost limb, and I'll believe in miracles.
2) Hallucinations, often the result of sustained fasting.
3) No such thing, at least it has never been proved to me.
4) Superstitious nonsense.

" ... a giant owl which symbolises the pagan god morlek, baal or morloch."

Not come across Ba'al being associated with owls before. Do you have a source for this?

"How do you explain the following:

1) Miracles
2) Religious visions
3) Spiritual possession
4) Exorcism "

1) Show me an amputee growing back a lost limb, and I'll believe in miracles.
2) Hallucinations, often the result of sustained fasting.
3) No such thing, at least it has never been proved to me.
4) Superstitious nonsense.

The relevance/point being?

"ancient Babylonian religion of Isis and Osiris ..."

Bzzzzzzt. Egyptian gods. Nothing to do with the Babylonians.

And you know this how?

http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/cgg/ID/773/Osiris.htm

Two key figures in the origin of Christmas are Nimrod, a great grandson of Noah, and his mother and wife, Semiramis, also known as Ishtar and Isis. Nimrod, known in Egypt as Osiris, was the founder of the first world empire at Babel, later known as Babylon (Genesis 10:8-12; 11:1-9). From ancient sources such as the "Epic of Gilgamesh" and records unearthed by archeologists from long-ruined Mesopotamian and Egyptian cities, we can reconstruct subsequent events.

After Nimrod's death (c. 2167 BC), Semiramis promoted the belief that he was a god. She claimed that she saw a full-grown evergreen tree spring out of the roots of a dead tree stump, symbolizing the springing forth of new life for Nimrod. On the anniversary of his birth, she said, Nimrod would visit the evergreen tree and leave gifts under it. His birthday fell on the winter solstice at the end of December.
A few years later, Semiramis bore a son, Horus or Gilgamesh. She declared that she had been visited by the spirit of Nimrod, who left her pregnant with the boy. Horus, she maintained, was Nimrod reincarnated. With a father, mother, and son deified, a deceptive, perverted trinity was formed.
Semiramis and Horus were worshipped as "Madonna and child." As the generations passed, they were worshipped under other names in different countries and languages. Many of these are recognizable: Fortuna and Jupiter in Rome; Aphrodite and Adonis in Greece; and Ashtoreth/Astarte and Molech/Baal in Canaan.

" ... a giant owl which symbolises the pagan god morlek, baal or morloch."

Not come across Ba'al being associated with owls before. Do you have a source for this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloch

Moloch (representing Semitic מלך m-l-k, a Semitic root meaning "king") – also rendered as Molech, Molekh, Molok, Molek, Molock, Moloc, Melech, Milcom or Molcom – is the name of an ancient Ammonite god.[1] Moloch worship was practiced by the Canaanites, Phoenician and related cultures in North Africa and the Levant.

As a god worshipped by the Phoenicians and Canaanites, Moloch had associations with a particular kind of propitiatory child sacrifice by parents. Moloch figures in the Book of Deuteronomy and in the Book of Leviticus as a form of idolatry (Leviticus 18:21: "And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Moloch"). In the Old Testament, Gehenna was a valley by Jerusalem, where apostate Israelites and followers of various Baalim and Caananite gods, including Moloch, sacrificed their children by fire (2 Chr. 28:3, 33:6; Jer. 7:31, 19:2–6).

Isis is definitely long associated with the owl... Perhaps this is an amalgamation.

Whatever it is... world leaders dressed in robes and pointy hats offering sacrifices at a burning alter at the feet of a giant owl is WORRYING to many.

Does it sound sane to you?

I have never seen any thing that links Isis to the owl. To herons and water birds, even to a swallow, but not to owls. Owls are linked to Athena, a Greek goddess and to the Welsh goddess, Blodeuwedd. I study mythology and I have for years.

Does it sound 'sane to you' for folks to paint them selves in their team colors and then go shirtless to football game in freezing weather in an outdoor stadium? To me it looks like they are trying to relax some, and to let go of 'care (worry)' for a bit. It is good psychologically, folks need 'time off'.

You remind me of my relatives that think that Catholics worship the images of the saints and that a bride taking a rose from her bouquet and laying it in front of the Mary image is a 'sacrifice'.

Isis is definitely long associated with the owl... Perhaps this is an amalgamation.

Can you back that up with any record of an actual association?

Whatever it is... world leaders dressed in robes and pointy hats offering sacrifices at a burning alter at the feet of a giant owl is WORRYING to many.

Sounds like a party! You know the history of the Grove, it's just a country club type thing where they drink a lot and put on plays.

Can you back that up with any record of an actual association?

Here Plutarch attempts to claim Isis as Greek: Note the 'know'... knowledge... wisdom... owl...?

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Plutarch/Moralia/Isis_and_Osiris*/A.html

For Isis is a Greek word,6 and so also is Typhon, her enemy, who is conceited, as his name implies,6 because of his ignorance and self-deception. He tears to pieces and scatters to the winds the sacred writings, which the goddess collects and puts together and gives into the keeping of those that are initiated into the holy rites, since this consecration, by a strict regimen and by abstinence from many kinds of food and from the lusts of the flesh, 352curtails licentiousness

6 Plutarch is attempting to connect "Isis" with οἶδα, know, and "Typhon" with Τυφῶ, puff up
Sounds like a party! You know the history of the Grove, it's just a country club type thing where they drink a lot and put on plays.

Yes of course it is... everyone knows that do they not?

So you've got two images where there's an owl in the background of a depiction of Isis along with other creatures.

Any where Isis directly IS an owl?

All seems incredibly tenuous, especially the Moloch connection.

I have never seen any thing that links Isis to the owl. To herons and water birds, even to a swallow, but not to owls. Owls are linked to Athena, a Greek goddess and to the Welsh goddess, Blodeuwedd. I study mythology and I have for years.

You will naturally be well aware then, that the same gods and goddesses are known by many different names

http://www.theharmonyproject.org/feminine.html

Sophia is a very ancient form of the Goddess of Wisdom. She is known in many traditions by different names but she carries the mantle of intuitive intelligence. Sometimes she is Isis, spreading her wings of ascension. Sometimes she is Asherah, the original bread of life. Mary Magdalene is said to have been an incarnation of Sophia.

The Old Testament’s King Solomon had a deep and profound relationship with Sophia. She was revered as the wise bride of Solomon by the Jewish people. In Greek mythology, Athena was the goddess of wisdom and weaving; the owl and the olive tree were sacred to her.

Does it sound 'sane to you' for folks to paint them selves in their team colors and then go shirtless to football game in freezing weather in an outdoor stadium? To me it looks like they are trying to relax some, and to let go of 'care (worry)' for a bit. It is good psychologically, folks need 'time off'.

Is that an analogy? Would you entrust those same people to decide yours and nations fates?

Do you or have you made similar sacrificial burnt offerings in secret to a deity ?

Moloch (representing Semitic מלך m-l-k, a Semitic root meaning "king") – also rendered as Molech, Molekh, Molok, Molek, Molock, Moloc, Melech, Milcom or Molcom – is the name of an ancient Ammonite god.[1] Moloch worship was practiced by the Canaanites, Phoenician and related cultures in North Africa and the Levant.

As a god worshipped by the Phoenicians and Canaanites, Moloch had associations with a particular kind of propitiatory child sacrifice by parents. Moloch figures in the Book of Deuteronomy and in the Book of Leviticus as a form of idolatry (Leviticus 18:21: "And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Moloch"). In the Old Testament, Gehenna was a valley by Jerusalem, where apostate Israelites and followers of various Baalim and Caananite gods, including Moloch, sacrificed their children by fire (2 Chr. 28:3, 33:6; Jer. 7:31, 19:2–6).

[Alex Jones]
Now see here's the, here's the shrine of the uh, the-the devil owl. Um, which they even admit has its roots in like, Babylon and the druids had them and everything else. So all over the world this, this weird owl shows up. In some cultures they've thrown children inside this, inside the bowels of this burning owl. And that's historical. We've all read the bible about throwing you children to idols, uh...inside there. So I, it's weird behavior, definitely.

As we've discussed, he's confusing what's likely to be something similar to Athena's owl with Moloch, which was typically a giant bull. The owl shows up all over the world because of the influence of Hellenistic culture in pretty much everything in Western culture, be it via the Greeks or through the Romans. The accounts of "child sacrifice" in various cultures likely originates from a dangerous purification ritual for children, as well as the Romans spread rumors of child sacrifice to make the conquered Carthaginians look brutal and uncivilized[48].

[Alex Jones]
Here you can see bottom of the stone owl with the alter of the eternal flame, a Aladdin lamp style urn that continually burns year round, we're told. Here's a side shot from about 30 yards away of Moloch, the Canaanite deity to which children were sacrificed to in Babylon. And yet another slowed down close shot, again, the eternal flame burning alter.

Again, Moloch was never in the form of an owl, it likely represents Athena. Furthermore, why would the Babylonians sacrifice a child to a Canaanite deity? He seems just to be piling on words he thinks are scary. I explain all of this at the begging of this article, and also throughout it, so if you haven't already read my earlier text on this issue, that has sources, please go back and read that first.

Now there's a shot of its head as well. Again, we've slowed down this video because we actually have only about 5 seconds on our hidden cameras. See if you can get a chance to have a closer look at it. You will see it during the ceremony. Speaking of the ceremony, we were on the left hand side of the lake, about 150 yards downstream beneath those redwood trees. Much of the ritual you're going to witness took place on the right hand side of the lake on at the northern tip beneath Moloch.

It's not Moloch, this is something conspiracy theorists have made up as I already explained earlier in this article.

After the feast, cult members travel from the main dining area out of the trees out to the eastern side of the lake where they congregate and prepare themselves to properly thank their deity. Again, the 3,000+-year-old Moloch.

Again, it isn't Moloch, it's an owl, it probably represents knowledge. This is explained earlier in this article - if you didn't read it, please go back and do so - there are sources there. This really shows his hypocrisy, because earlier he ranted and raved about how an article saying the club's rituals were just a big joke was just "spin", but now he's saying that these men are "cult members", and talks about them "thank[ing] their deity". Up to this point he has provided zero evidence what so ever of anything other than a bunch of frat boys acting like weirdoes out in the woods. He's simply blinded by his convictions.

The definitions as per Merriam-Webster:
Babylon
1) A city devoted to materialism and sensual pleasure[71]
2) Ancient city of Babylonia; its site about 55 miles (89 kilometers) south of Baghdad near the Euphrates[72]
Moloch
1) A Semitic god to whom children were sacrificed[73]
His definitions aren't much different from Webster's, except the second definition of "Moloch", which is both weird and incorrect, almost if he added it so he could use the name however he wanted.
As I explained earlier, the god Moloch was not an owl, but a bull, and there's no evidence at all that Moloch is represented anywhere at the Bohemian Club. Again, if you have not read earlier parts of this article, please do so. I go into decent depth about the "sacrifices" made to Moloch, and so forth.

http://conspiracies.skepticproject....es/dark-secrets-inside-bohemian-grove/page/4/

also look on page 15 of the article. I think it should help!

Many religions have adopted and merged local gods into their pantheon. This is very true in northern Europe. The Celtic god Lugh, was revered as Mercury by the Romans. They took sites where he had been worshiped and erected statues to Mercury.

Ptolemaic Egypt did introduce the worship if Isis into Rome and Greece. Aspects were merged. That seems to be your third image.

In the first one, the owl is a LETTER in hieroglyphic script. It represents the letter M

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owl_(hieroglyph)

I am still trying to figure out why you chose the second image. It looks like it it Victorian at the earliest and their knowledge of history was skewed. Anyone that does any research on medieval and ancient history knows that any book of that time period is suspect and will not be considered a reliable source.

And yes I have done burnt offerings. At Samhein, I will usually write on a paper, things that I want to rid myself of, like anger and grudges, and prejudice. Somethings they are general, sometimes they are specific. Then I will toss them into the fire. Sometimes I am by myself, sometimes I am with friends.

A circle is not normally held in a public park, any more that most masses are held in a public park

I've burnt human effigies on a fire at private parties many time before. Why is The Cremation of Care any more sinister than a big private bonfire night party?

I was particularly interested in Cairenn's answer, given her Wiccan background.

I think bonfire night ritual is pretty gruesome really when you get behind the baked potatoes smothered in cheese and bacon and the roasted chestnuts and mallows etc.

It is about vilifying Fawkes for trying to blow up democracy, thereby inviting in the Spanish Inquisition. He was hung, drawn and quartered and his head put on a spike for all to see. Not content with that, he is doomed to be reviled each year, so yes we can look on it as a fun night for the kids and a celebration that we escaped Inquisition but it does have a dark side... do you not agree?

Wicker man... good film.

There is a very old cemetery in London called Nunhead Cemetery, it has always had a reputation for ghost stories and strange happenings. Aged around 19, and after a discussion with my brother where I asserted I did not believe in ghosts, I was challenged to go through the cemetery at midnight and out the other side to prove it. I was up for the challenge and we pulled up outside on a very cold, dark, windy and drizzly night... it was like a horror movie set, with the trees swaying wildly and rustling in the wind, the 8 to 9ft big iron fences and gates and the pathway leading off into the deep recesses. I started to climb over the gates and was just about to put my leg over the top when I faintly made out some people in white robes moving about in the blackness on the path leading to the chapel.

I said to my brother, 'That's that then, I am not scared of ghosts but nutters in robes... no thanks'. I watched, fascinated, wondering what was going on at the witching hour on such a night. They had noticed me on the gate and a couple came over complete in full regalia robes and pointy hats, just like BG, so they were probably very nice but I did not know it was normal then and that world leaders etc did that type of thing; I mistakenly thought they were evil nutcases. I asked what they were doing and they replied they were just investigating and I should come over and join them... (lol). I noticed in the torchlight, one had blood coming from his shoe and I asked what had happened, he replied he had stepped on a spike as he was climbing the gate but said it was ok.

I am just glad I didn't bump into them halfway through the cemetery. Strangely enough I did not buy it that they were 'just investigating'.

I was particularly interested in Cairenn's answer, given her Wiccan background.

I think bonfire night ritual is pretty gruesome really when you get behind the baked potatoes smothered in cheese and bacon and the roasted chestnuts and mallows etc.

It is about vilifying Fawkes for trying to blow up democracy, thereby inviting in the Spanish Inquisition. He was hung, drawn and quartered and his head put on a spike for all to see. Not content with that, he is doomed to be reviled each year, so yes we can look on it as a fun night for the kids and a celebration that we escaped Inquisition but it does have a dark side... do you not agree?

In a culture where the horrific torture of crucifixion is normalized as something you hang on your wall for decoration, then no, not really. You grow up with it, you know it's an effigy, not a real person. It's a game.

And the The Cremation of Care is a fully catered affair. Most people watch from picnic tables, with beer.

I am still trying to figure out why you chose the second image. It looks like it it Victorian at the earliest and their knowledge of history was skewed. Anyone that does any research on medieval and ancient history knows that any book of that time period is suspect and will not be considered a reliable source.

That's the Bohemian Grove logo.

So how does that prove it is linked to the Egyptian worship of Isis?

The Bohemian Club was formed in Victorian times. That was a time when there was a lot of interest in both medieval and ancient history.

The 'Ancient Order of Druids' was another group of that time period

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Order_of_Druids

There were 'parties' where folks would dress up in 'historical' dress and act out tournaments and the stories of Robin Hood and such. It just seems to me that the Bohemian Grove is one of those that didn't die out.

By the way, there are current day groups doing the same thing, from the Ren Festivals to the SCA and LARP groups to Steampunk. Add in the Dickens reenactments, the Regency ball groups, and don't forget the Revolutionary war, the Civil war reenactment groups and even the cowboy shooting groups. It seems a lot of folks have more interesting hobbies than watching TV and going to ball games and such

And you know this how?

http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/cgg/ID/773/Osiris.htm

Two key figures in the origin of Christmas are Nimrod, a great grandson of Noah, and his mother and wife, Semiramis, also known as Ishtar and Isis. Nimrod, known in Egypt as Osiris, was the founder of the first world empire at Babel, later known as Babylon (Genesis 10:8-12; 11:1-9). From ancient sources such as the "Epic of Gilgamesh" and records unearthed by archeologists from long-ruined Mesopotamian and Egyptian cities, we can reconstruct subsequent events.

After Nimrod's death (c. 2167 BC), Semiramis promoted the belief that he was a god. She claimed that she saw a full-grown evergreen tree spring out of the roots of a dead tree stump, symbolizing the springing forth of new life for Nimrod. On the anniversary of his birth, she said, Nimrod would visit the evergreen tree and leave gifts under it. His birthday fell on the winter solstice at the end of December.
A few years later, Semiramis bore a son, Horus or Gilgamesh. She declared that she had been visited by the spirit of Nimrod, who left her pregnant with the boy. Horus, she maintained, was Nimrod reincarnated. With a father, mother, and son deified, a deceptive, perverted trinity was formed.
Semiramis and Horus were worshipped as "Madonna and child." As the generations passed, they were worshipped under other names in different countries and languages. Many of these are recognizable: Fortuna and Jupiter in Rome; Aphrodite and Adonis in Greece; and Ashtoreth/Astarte and Molech/Baal in Canaan.

I'm afraid that some crank in the Church of the Great God (which has prophesied the Apocalypse already), which has a membership of less than 500 people, stating that Gilgamesh was actually Osiris, and all the rest of his un-sourced statements hardly constitutes proof. Now, if you could find the relevant matches is, for example, a work like The Golden Bough, you'd be on safer ground. However, you won't find it there. I've been reading about ancient mythologies, religions, and even the occult, for almost 30 years. My bookshelves are stacked with works by people like Frazer, Fuller, Pullen-Burry, Rabbi Jung, even Crowley and Eliphas Levi.

I'll take that as a rather long-winded, and confusing, 'No, I don't have a source linking Ba'al to the owl'.

Back